Anime Central Forums: Anime Lovers, be sure to check this out! You don't want to miss this! - Anime Central Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Anime Lovers, be sure to check this out! You don't want to miss this! Some of my friends and I are working on a project for all of you!

Poll: Anime Lovers, be sure to check this out! You don't want to miss this! (9 member(s) have cast votes)

Would you be interested in this project?

1. Yes! Definitely! (6 votes [66.67%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 66.67%

2. Yes. Probably. (1 votes [11.11%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 11.11%

3. Maybe. (1 votes [11.11%] - View)

4. I'm not really sure. (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

5. No.. It's just not my thing. (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

6. No.. I don't think this would work/be a good idea. (1 votes [11.11%] - View)

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 User is offline   Seilor Beckett Pace 

• Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 65450

Posted 22 May 2014 - 11:59 AM

http://projectotakutown.tumblr.com/

Okay so guys, listen up. Some of my friends and I have been working on this project since last year's Youmacon, however we need your help! It is basically like a year round anime convention site/theme park, where anyone could go at any time of the year, and still have fun like at a convention. (More specific details on the tumblr page I linked). This is a huge project, and we need all the volunteers and help that we can get. And we mean ANY form of help. Ideas, donations, advertisement, volunteers, artistic talents, ANYTHING you can contribute, we are in need of. So check it out?

This post has been edited by Seilor Beckett Pace: 22 May 2014 - 12:17 PM

#2 User is offline   Seilor Beckett Pace 

• Pip

Posted 22 May 2014 - 12:20 PM

We are also still in need of official art for the project, since the current design is only temporary. So if anyone would like to design something for us (see the guidelines post on the tumblr page) feel free to give it a go!

#3 User is offline   Jos 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 64919

Posted 22 May 2014 - 12:37 PM

I actually think this is a really good idea. They have six flags and things that promote entertainment through rides and attractions. But for groups to come together at any time of the year instead of waiting for conventions would be awesome. Also because 99% of the human population always has to make room for the convention in their schedules. Now you can go whenever you're free. I support ^_^

I hope it'd be somewhere local though. Not like on.. one side of the country or something

#4 User is offline   Seilor Beckett Pace 

• Pip

Posted 22 May 2014 - 12:42 PM

View PostJos, on 22 May 2014 - 12:37 PM, said:

I actually think this is a really good idea. They have six flags and things that promote entertainment through rides and attractions. But for groups to come together at any time of the year instead of waiting for conventions would be awesome. Also because 99% of the human population always has to make room for the convention in their schedules. Now you can go whenever you're free. I support ^_^/>/>

I hope it'd be somewhere local though. Not like on.. one side of the country or something

We have a location picked out currently (Cadillac, Michigan), based on convenience of those working on it (we're all in Michigan atm so yeah), the location itself (near an airport, plenty of hotels, etc), the land and the fact it meets our requirements (it's 6.5 acres for under $13,000) (since we're starting from scratch), and other factors, however we are open to other ideas once the project gets more help and gets further along. The location in Cadillac is the best one we've found so far, is all. And if it does well, we may expand in the future to more locations.

This post has been edited by Seilor Beckett Pace: 22 May 2014 - 12:55 PM

#5 User is offline   CrimsonAnime 

• Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Obsessed
  • Member No.: 18090

Posted 22 May 2014 - 11:03 PM

This actually sounds pretty amazing!

I'm a bit of a zombie right now so reading is not gonna happen - but I am highly intrigued and will look into it more tomorrow!
A-Cen 2014 Cosplay (links are of me): Angewomon (Digimon) / Sailor Luna (Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon) / Hikaru (Angelic Layer) /
CURRENTLY SELLING ANIME/MANGA/WALLSCROLLS! PM FOR MORE INFORMATION!
(PHOTOS)A-cen 2013: Pocahontas //// Raven (Teen Titans TV Series)
(PHOTOS)A-cen 2011:Edward Elric //// Anthy (Rose Bride) //// Yoruichi(Shinigami Form) //// Diva(Final Battle)
(PHOTOS)A-cen 2010:Yoruichi(Shinigami Form) //// Saya (Vietnam/Crazy Form) //// Sailor Pluto //// Anthy (Rose Bride)
(PHOTOS)A-cen 2009:Diva(Final Battle) //// Sailor Pluto //// Edward Elric
The Official "Forum Kitten", A Rini Fangirl, TekoMuto fan

#6 User is offline   CrimsonAnime 

• Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Obsessed
  • Member No.: 18090

Posted 23 May 2014 - 11:23 AM

Donated!

Also - not sure if this is something that is possible - but you will probably get a lot of help from Anime cons. Maybe if any of you have artist Alley friends that will let you, you can set up a quick donation pot at their table with a video playing about the idea? People might throw in a couple bucks over the weekend and you may also get other artists to help out?
A-Cen 2014 Cosplay (links are of me): Angewomon (Digimon) / Sailor Luna (Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon) / Hikaru (Angelic Layer) /
CURRENTLY SELLING ANIME/MANGA/WALLSCROLLS! PM FOR MORE INFORMATION!
(PHOTOS)A-cen 2013: Pocahontas //// Raven (Teen Titans TV Series)
(PHOTOS)A-cen 2011:Edward Elric //// Anthy (Rose Bride) //// Yoruichi(Shinigami Form) //// Diva(Final Battle)
(PHOTOS)A-cen 2010:Yoruichi(Shinigami Form) //// Saya (Vietnam/Crazy Form) //// Sailor Pluto //// Anthy (Rose Bride)
(PHOTOS)A-cen 2009:Diva(Final Battle) //// Sailor Pluto //// Edward Elric
The Official "Forum Kitten", A Rini Fangirl, TekoMuto fan

#7 User is offline   Seilor Beckett Pace 

• Pip

Posted 23 May 2014 - 04:21 PM

View PostCrimsonAnime, on 23 May 2014 - 11:23 AM, said:

Donated!

Also - not sure if this is something that is possible - but you will probably get a lot of help from Anime cons. Maybe if any of you have artist Alley friends that will let you, you can set up a quick donation pot at their table with a video playing about the idea? People might throw in a couple bucks over the weekend and you may also get other artists to help out?

I considered that, however I wasn't sure how to go about that. Lol. Also thank you very much!

This post has been edited by Seilor Beckett Pace: 23 May 2014 - 04:54 PM

#8 User is offline   MOMO2 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 49830

Posted 24 May 2014 - 10:46 AM

I would like to volunteer for this but I need more details and have to figure out my schedule, work is work.
The only thing to fear is yourself.

#9 User is offline   Seilor Beckett Pace 

• Pip

Posted 26 May 2014 - 08:04 PM

View PostMOMO2, on 24 May 2014 - 10:46 AM, said:

I would like to volunteer for this but I need more details and have to figure out my schedule, work is work.

What would you like to know? And of course. That is always a thing that has to be dealt with.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users