• This topic is locked

Video Gaming Feedback Thread?

#1 User is offline   AcenFTW! 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 57107

Posted 20 May 2014 - 07:02 AM

Wow another year, another great ACen has passed.

As always, we're looking to make the video gaming room better.

This year we experimented with giving indie game developers space to showcase their games to Aceners, create the new legendary "No Bag Club", and even did a free raffle along with hosting tournaments and free-play and coin-operated arcades.

What did you think of the game room this year and how will you like to see it improved?

-Nathan

This post has been edited by AcenFTW!: 20 May 2014 - 07:03 AM

ACen 2015 - Coming Soon...

#2 User is offline   AshleyLiz 

• Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 65614

Posted 20 May 2014 - 08:33 AM

Oh ACen....it was so much fun!! I went to Anime Iowa last year with my friends and this is my first year at ACen. I will definitely be looking into going next year. <3

My friends and I stopped by the game room briefly, but we didn't get to stay very long. I <3 video games so I wish I had scoped out the room more. However, as all of us con goers know, con stank/smell can get pretty bad in some places and it seemed especially bad in the game room which is why we left. I know there's only so much one can do but having some Lysol or Febreeze handy may prove helpful in the future. I hope you had a nice time! ^_^

#3 User is offline   AcenFTW! 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip

Posted 20 May 2014 - 09:26 AM

What day did it smell in the game room?

We started using Febreeze on Saturday I believe...

Also, on Thursday there was a water leak in the area which was being aired out on Friday...

#4 User is offline   beserkerninja 

• Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 44666

Posted 21 May 2014 - 08:03 AM

The arcade room was really depressing this year, but I realize that a lot of it was the Con's fault itself. I feel like ACen needs to reconsider how they treat people who bring their machines to the con, I don't want to keep seeing it decrease in size and unique games.

#5 User is offline   AcenFTW! 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip

Posted 21 May 2014 - 10:10 AM

What exactly was depressing about it?

What did you wish to see?

Also, we allowed anyone to bring in their own consoles, games, etc. We labelled them in order to ensure no one got confused as to where the equipment belonged.

This post has been edited by AcenFTW!: 21 May 2014 - 10:11 AM

#6 User is offline   YeehawMcKickass 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 19706

Posted 21 May 2014 - 03:57 PM

View Postbeserkerninja, on 21 May 2014 - 08:03 AM, said:

The arcade room was really depressing this year, but I realize that a lot of it was the Con's fault itself. I feel like ACen needs to reconsider how they treat people who bring their machines to the con, I don't want to keep seeing it decrease in size and unique games.

The arcade had double the amount of games as last year and had thirteen games (or versions of a game) that weren't present last year. All of this in a room that was more than double the available space, much better power, and allowed for a more sensible layout in comparison with the Hilton. Seven of those thirteen had either never been to an ACen at all, or haven't been there since 2009. The games that returned exactly as they were last year came back for one of two reasons: They were requested they returned that way, or they have a history of earning large sums of money.

Had we been able to secure a bigger second truck, we likely would have had seven more games in the room.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users