Comedy:
Winner: Gabriel Guthaus/Angel Dragoon - This is the Tale
Runner-Up: Sephiroth - This Video Was (Not) Entered Into Drama
Runner-Up: BakaOppai - Animu Stew

Action:
Winner: macchinainterna - Running on the Ragged Edge 2
Runner-Up: Mr Pilkington - Mikkel Kessler 2.0
Runner-Up: Rider4Z - Sanctus Infernus

I want to thank all of the entrants again, especially those of you who submitted on short notice on the Org. Attendees really enjoyed the contest viewings, and commented on the high-quality of the entries.

Our Best in Show winner will receive a Premium Box Set of Daily Lives of High School Boys, Witch and the Hundred Knight (PS3) from NIS America; and (the rest escapes me atm I'll clarify and update tomorrow)
Category winners will receive a Birdy the Mighty Decode box set (S1+2). Fairy Tail Vol3, and hardcover edition of Gundam: The Origin graphic novel.
Runner's Up will receive the Gundam: The Origin graphic novel.

It was definitely an experience to pre-judge all of the entries at the con, among the usual con hustle and bustle, so look forward to improvements in contest submission and preparation for next year. I'll definitely post info and keep in contact with everyone much earlier for next year, so I look forward to those creative efforts.

---------------
Nick Fox
ACen AMV Coordinator

This post has been edited by JediNight: 20 May 2014 - 01:28 AM

#2 User is offline   wizrow 

• Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 29375

Posted 21 May 2014 - 07:44 PM

As someone who comes to ACen primarily for the AMVs, I really appreciated the work that went into presenting AMVs this year! I know there were some challenges from previous years, but I wanted to sincerely say that the hard work is definitely noticed and appreciated. :) THANK YOU!

There were a lot of really great AMVs this year. Would there be any way to have a list of the entries this year? There was one AMV in particular (Free! to It's Raining Men) that I especially liked and I can't find anywhere! (If you're the creator - please upload it somewhere!!! It was hilarious!)

Thanks!!

#3 User is offline   Washu Takahashi 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 56275

Posted 22 May 2014 - 07:32 AM

-shameless self-plug- If you wanted to see the True Love Anime Mix, it's uploaded here.

It was really exciting to see my AMV played on the big screen! Made all those hours slaving over it definitely worth it, and the prizes were an added bonus I wasn't expecting. I'll definitely be looking forward to entering again next year ^^
ACen 2015 Plans
Friday - Maki (1, 2, Jump!) [Love Live! School Idol Project] 100%
Saturday - Ikuto Tsukiyomi (Black Lynx) [Shugo Chara!] 100%
Saturday Formal Ball/Prom - Maki Nishikino (Prom dress) [Love Live!] 100%
Sunday - Neko [K Project] 100%

Add me on Facebook! Washu Takashi Cosplay

#4 User is offline   Reddiamond121 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 65681

Posted 24 May 2014 - 06:34 PM

AMVs are one of the best things about ACen for me. I don't make them but I really enjoy watching them. Is there any way you could post the full list of entrants? There were some I saw in the showing that didn't win anything and I would love to find them again.

Also an idea for next ACen is maybe a CD with all entries on them. I would totally pay money for that too. Not sure if copyright would allow that but I can dream. Especially since some videos are only submitted to contests and never posted online. That's so sad to me. Such great videos and no one will ever see them again. T.T

#5 User is offline   Ginrei 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 45753

Posted 07 July 2014 - 08:23 PM

View Postwizrow, on 21 May 2014 - 07:44 PM, said:

As someone who comes to ACen primarily for the AMVs, I really appreciated the work that went into presenting AMVs this year! I know there were some challenges from previous years, but I wanted to sincerely say that the hard work is definitely noticed and appreciated. :)/> THANK YOU!

There were a lot of really great AMVs this year. Would there be any way to have a list of the entries this year? There was one AMV in particular (Free! to It's Raining Men) that I especially liked and I can't find anywhere! (If you're the creator - please upload it somewhere!!! It was hilarious!)

Thanks!!

I AM GOING TO SECOND THIS REQUEST-- the Free! AMV had me and my friends laughing harder than I can ever remember. I would love to see it again, or even just have the info to better look it up. Any clues or help, guys...?

#6 User is offline   Rasclin 

• Video Programming ADH
  • Pip
  • Group: Assistant Department Head
  • Member No.: 63085

Posted 14 July 2014 - 04:12 PM

Apologies for the late reply,

I am contacting all entries this week regarding public posting of the contest. This has actually been the plan for a while as proposed by members of Video Programming, though I haven't had time to contact all contestants just yet.

Andrew Cardinal
ADH Video Programing
AMV Interim Department Head

#7 User is offline   wizrow 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 29375

Posted 03 October 2014 - 07:28 PM

View PostGinrei, on 07 July 2014 - 08:23 PM, said:

I AM GOING TO SECOND THIS REQUEST-- the Free! AMV had me and my friends laughing harder than I can ever remember. I would love to see it again, or even just have the info to better look it up. Any clues or help, guys...?

GUYS I THINK I FOUND IT...

http://youtu.be/lQ8b_3n_OQg

Hope this link works, I'm on the ipad... The video name is "Iwatobi Weather Service" by Nekokitkat25hug. If you're the creator of the video shown at ACen, can you confirm?!

#8 User is offline   masterblaster 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 18442

Posted 20 May 2015 - 09:54 AM

View PostReddiamond121, on 24 May 2014 - 06:34 PM, said:

Is there any way you could post the full list of entrants? There were some I saw in the showing that didn't win anything and I would love to find them again.

bump for 2015

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users