• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Crunchyroll's Negligence

#1 User is offline   kakigori 

• Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 65416

Posted 19 May 2014 - 05:07 PM

As of posting this there is no '2014 Gripes' topic, but please take what I say into consideration. Thank you.

Let me start off my by saying that the problems I encountered were probably the fault of Crunchyroll alone and not ACen staff, but I hope by bringing attention to this ACen can come up with a solutions that may help for next time.

*This first gripe ACen cannot do anything about and I realize this, but it was the cause for the second one
Crunchyroll had caused major inconveniences for my friend and I that have to do with the autograph sessions for WUG. The first is that we did not get put into the priority line for autographs despite being among the first to reserve a spot. We had found out about reserving a spot for autographs on the ACen forums (see: http://www.ACen.org/...-wake-up-girls/). The link provided by El Ken brought us to the order page with the options of "Limited Edition Poster", Saturday Signing + Poster, and Sunday Signing + Poster. We had selected both the limited edition poster and Saturday signing thinking that a separate option for a poster only meant that that poster was unique to the other options in some way. Little did we know that selecting any two options made you invalid for the autograph queue. I found out about this afterwards as it is only stated on the forum post on Crunchyroll's site news (and like I mentioned earlier we were linked directly to the order page). Not wanting to have order cancelled I sent in a ticket about my order immediately explaining the situation and asked for my order to not be cancelled or to remove the poster-only item. I got an automated email saying that I would get a response in about 1-2 business days and to this day (over a week later) I've gotten nothing. Excuse my ranting right now but I think it is absolutely ridiculous to even have the option to select multiple items when you can only have one to to begin with.

This leads to the second problem we had. Having our orders on Saturday cancelled, we had to fall into the normal autograph line. We waited for over an hour but unfortunately the exhibit hall reached its closing before we could get our turn. We were a little disappointed, but remained hopeful as the Crunchyroll staff said that if we came back at 2:30 the next day, we would be guaranteed an autograph. Skip forward to the next day, and as the WUG Q & A panel reached its close at slightly past 2:00 pm we immediately (and I mean IMMEDIATELY) bolted out of the room and ran over to the Crunchyroll booth along with several other people that attended the panel. We fell in line, waited for over an hour again, and... no autographs because WUG needed to leave to attend closing ceremonies. Needless to say we were very annoyed at how we spent about 3 hours of the convention waiting in line with nothing to show for it. I would not be here explaining all of this if it couldn't have been helped, however. It very well could have been helped if there had been proper managing of the people getting autographs. There were several people from Japan who headed the lines of the signing and appeared to be taking a very long time for a simple autograph and were getting into small conversations with each of the girls. I don't blame them. If I had the chance to do the same I honestly would have. However, it should be the duty of the people running the signing to see to it that as many people get to have their chance as possible. There should be a very short maximum time (just enough for signing and a greeting) allowed and enforced heavily. Another issue that contributed to the problem was people lining up both days in order to get multiple items signed. I overheard a person talking to their friend in line and they said "So what are you getting signed today?" in a manner that very obviously implied that that person had already got their turn a previous day. There should be some sort of system applied (something like marking people's badges who have gotten their autographs, entering their badge name into a list) that prevents people from going in line twice so that the number of fans guests can reach is maximized.

In short my suggestions for improving autographs are this:
-limit a person's time to a few seconds max to increase line speed
-limit autographs to one per person to enable more to be done

All in all I had a really fun time at this year's con, but standing in line for two days and getting nothing left a sour taste in our mouths as we were leaving :/

#2 User is offline   Rori 

• PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 4904

Posted 19 May 2014 - 06:24 PM

View Postkakigori, on 19 May 2014 - 05:07 PM, said:

In short my suggestions for improving autographs are this:
-limit a person's time to a few seconds max to increase line speed
-limit autographs to one per person to enable more to be done

I can't really speak to your first suggestion, but regarding the second one... When I was in the "pre reg" autograph line on Saturday, there were people with multiple items to be signed, but the CR staffer at the table when I got up there was pretty clear you could only get one item signed (so if you wanted a DVD signed, your poster would not be signed).

As for preventing people picking more than one session, I think the burden would still be on Crunchyroll to limit the items in the order to one and also double check that you only have one at "check in." I suppose someone could still circumvent those two checks though if they had a friend with a CR account that checked in, then just handed off the poster. The CR staffers didn't check my identity in the "pre reg" line, only if my poster had a number on the back of it. Maybe that's how someone could have "double dipped" like you described?
あなたが考えているほど世界はひどくないから。
Spam Poison

#3 User is offline   KungPowKirby 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Addict
  • Member No.: 53583

Posted 19 May 2014 - 07:10 PM

They were not even following the 50 person preorder. They just hAnded out posters with 1-50 on them to people. They didn't even have enough posters. I had preregistred for Saturday and when I got there I told them thAt I was a person with disabilities and that I could not stand in lines. (Since my email was also ignored.) the signing started late and then they tried to make me wait in a line after I had been waiting off to the side. I didn't get my autographs because of this.
No Soap = No Waifu Winner of the 2015 "Got Soap" slogan contest. ;)

"If this body is not capable of action, I suggest new leadership is needed. I move for a vote of no confidence in Chancellor Valorum's leadership."- Queen Amidala; Star Wars: Phantom Menace

#4 User is offline   Rori 

• PipPip
  • Member No.: 4904

Posted 19 May 2014 - 07:23 PM

View PostKungPowKirby, on 19 May 2014 - 07:10 PM, said:

They were not even following the 50 person preorder. They just hAnded out posters with 1-50 on them to people. They didn't even have enough posters.

I guess I had a different experience. I got my poster on Friday when I asked about the signings and they crossed my name off a list after I did the sign-in thing on the computer. They then let me choose a poster and wrote "Saturday" and a # on the back. As of Friday afternoon there was still a large stack of each poster style. When I came back Saturday after the performance in the Hyatt, I just kept showing the CR staff the corner of my poster where the day and number was written and it seemed to be enough to make sure I was always in the right place. We were put in order by number and based on my number I was more or less in the right position in line.
あなたが考えているほど世界はひどくないから。
Spam Poison

#5 User is offline   Washu Takahashi 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 56275

Posted 20 May 2014 - 10:49 AM

I was lucky enough to get my thing signed, but not without some fuss. I had no idea you were supposed to come early to check your name off a list. I had gone online and ordered the saturday signing though. I went to the booth before the concert (so 2ish) and asked if there was anything I needed to know or do for the signing. The girl just said to show up. So I show up (after literally running from the concert back to the booth) only to find out that I was supposed to check in earlier to get a poster. I didn't get a poster (but thankfully had the official WUG guide book I wanted signed anyways) and was told I had to wait in the back of the priority line. I don't get why they didn't have us line up by names in the system (so what time you actually ordered your "ticket"), instead of when you checked in at the con.

I can't complain too much since I DID get it signed, but it was a bit annoying. Supposedly I'll be getting my poster in the mail, but I'm not holding my breath on that one.
ACen 2015 Plans
Maki (1, 2, Jump! or Wonderful Rush) [Love Live! School Idol Project] 100% or 0%
Honey Lemon (Battle Version) [Big Hero 6] 30%
Ikuto Tsukiyomi (Black Lynx) [Shugo Chara!] 0%

Moved to 2016: Ryuho (Final Armour Version) [s-CRY-ed] 0%

Add me on Facebook! Washu Takashi Cosplay

#6 User is offline   GITS SAC Motoko 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 19048

Posted 20 May 2014 - 11:33 AM

View PostRori, on 19 May 2014 - 07:23 PM, said:

I guess I had a different experience. I got my poster on Friday when I asked about the signings and they crossed my name off a list after I did the sign-in thing on the computer. They then let me choose a poster and wrote "Saturday" and a # on the back. As of Friday afternoon there was still a large stack of each poster style. When I came back Saturday after the performance in the Hyatt, I just kept showing the CR staff the corner of my poster where the day and number was written and it seemed to be enough to make sure I was always in the right place. We were put in order by number and based on my number I was more or less in the right position in line.

That is what happened to me and a buddy of mine. However, our other friend ran into the same issue--she was told by CR to just "show up" and she was not put into the priority line. I remember on Friday talking to the CR girl who was in charge of the signings (at least she acted like she was, she was very nice) but almost everything posted on the forums regarding the WUG signing was not even implemented at the actual signing itself (except for ordering your poster online in advance and no pictures were allowed).
Motoko Kusanagi is mah womanz. ;3 HEEEEYYYY SEXY MOTOKO OP OP OP OPPAN MOTOKO STYLE
Cosplay for ACen 2013: Major Motoko Kusanagi--Ghost in the Shell S.A.C. 2nd GIG, Lucy--Elfen Lied, episode 1 "outfit' ;3 and perhaps an additional. Maaaaaybe :3
Cosplay for ACen 2010, 2011, 2012: Major Motoko Kusanagi--Ghost in the Shell: S.A.C. 2nd GIG

#7 User is offline   kakigori 

• Pip

Posted 20 May 2014 - 12:24 PM

View PostRori, on 19 May 2014 - 06:24 PM, said:

The CR staffers didn't check my identity in the "pre reg" line, only if my poster had a number on the back of it. Maybe that's how someone could have "double dipped" like you described?

That's entirely possibly, but I was talking about people lining twice in general, pre-reg or not. People shouldn't be allowed to get two autographs of the same guest. They've already got their turn and there are plenty of people who haven't even once that they are making wait even longer. I hope there will be a rule for this at signings in the future.

#8 User is offline   magishine 

• Tenkuu Yuusha
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Addict
  • Member No.: 21997

Posted 20 May 2014 - 02:09 PM

I didn't really have any problems with the line up or signing. In fact, I need to give a huge thanks to the staffer thst allowed me to get my poster signed. They cut off the line two people in front of me. When the staffer said that we could come back tomorrow, I explained that I was only there Saturday and wouldn't be back tomorrow. She allowed me in and I got my poster signed. The only real complaint I have was while I was standing in line there was the really annoying group of people who kept yelling to their friend to meet them at the giant wooden statue in the Hyatt. Other than that, I had no problems
uchu kitaaaaaa!!!!

Cosplays for ACen 2015 and progress made:

Not attending ACen in 2015. Sorry. Maybe 2016

#9 User is offline   GITS SAC Motoko 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 19048

Posted 20 May 2014 - 02:40 PM

View Postmagishine, on 20 May 2014 - 02:09 PM, said:

I didn't really have any problems with the line up or signing. In fact, I need to give a huge thanks to the staffer thst allowed me to get my poster signed. They cut off the line two people in front of me. When the staffer said that we could come back tomorrow, I explained that I was only there Saturday and wouldn't be back tomorrow. She allowed me in and I got my poster signed. The only real complaint I have was while I was standing in line there was the really annoying group of people who kept yelling to their friend to meet them at the giant wooden statue in the Hyatt. Other than that, I had no problems

Aww, I'm sorry to hear that. The good thing is that you got your poster signed! :)
Motoko Kusanagi is mah womanz. ;3 HEEEEYYYY SEXY MOTOKO OP OP OP OPPAN MOTOKO STYLE
Cosplay for ACen 2013: Major Motoko Kusanagi--Ghost in the Shell S.A.C. 2nd GIG, Lucy--Elfen Lied, episode 1 "outfit' ;3 and perhaps an additional. Maaaaaybe :3
Cosplay for ACen 2010, 2011, 2012: Major Motoko Kusanagi--Ghost in the Shell: S.A.C. 2nd GIG

#10 User is offline   Dark Spellmaster 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 24895

Posted 20 May 2014 - 03:20 PM

Agree with GITS Sac Motoko. Sounds like there was a mix of issues for some people and smooth situations for others. Maybe next year if something like this happens there can be more of a joint set up for this whole event? It sounds to me like this was more on CR's side then ACen's.
~@~ Delightfully Playing: Prima-Vocaloid 0%, Mew-Two 80%, Muppeters -100% -2014 ~@~
~*@*~ 2013:The Riddler, Muppeters, Mew-Two 2012: The Riddler, Shadow Fairy 2011: Rinslet from Black Cat, Carmen Sandiego,Wanda from Fairly Odd Parents. 2010: Younger Walter, Carmen Sandiego. 2009: Goku from Saiyuki~*@*~

DEVIL MAY CRY SAGA PANEL 2013

Pardon the Pause is a Podcast that focuses on Geek culture:
Pardon the Pause

#11 User is offline   kakigori 

• Pip

Posted 20 May 2014 - 06:15 PM

More ACen involvement definitely seems like the way to go. They have more experience taming lines and getting them to run at a consistent pace.

#12 User is offline   Dark Spellmaster 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 20 May 2014 - 06:17 PM

Also would be a good idea to have a strict "This is the way we're going to run things" rules placed on both sites and kept to that.
~@~ Delightfully Playing: Prima-Vocaloid 0%, Mew-Two 80%, Muppeters -100% -2014 ~@~
~*@*~ 2013:The Riddler, Muppeters, Mew-Two 2012: The Riddler, Shadow Fairy 2011: Rinslet from Black Cat, Carmen Sandiego,Wanda from Fairly Odd Parents. 2010: Younger Walter, Carmen Sandiego. 2009: Goku from Saiyuki~*@*~

Pardon the Pause

#13 User is offline   Audri 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 23980

Posted 20 May 2014 - 06:51 PM

Not to be rude but the policy was all clearly laid out on the crunchy roll page. They flat out said that you could not sign up for both events. I checked into CR's booth at 10:30 am on Friday and recieved #10 for Saturday's signing. When I got there on Saturday, they placed me in line in the proper place and was able to get my autograph and meet with each of the girls for a few seconds while they signed the poster.

As far as the JP fans, I'm sorry but I would never complain about them getting a bit more time with the girls. They are the real fans of those girls and with little notice came over here to support them. Hell, I don't think anyone on this forum can compare your fandom to their's and if that means they take a bit more time with the girls so be it.. they deserve it.

This post has been edited by Audri: 20 May 2014 - 06:52 PM

2015: The search continues..
2014: Should have cosplayed
2013: Hayate Yagami - Magical Lyrical Nanoha Force
2012: Featherine Augustus Aurora - Umineko No Naku Koro Ni
Ruko Yokune - Vippaloid
2011: Featherine Augustus Aurora - Umineko No Naku Koro Ni
2010: Eva-Beatrice - Umineko No Naku Koro Ni
2009: First ACen - No cosplay

#14 User is offline   Dark Spellmaster 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 20 May 2014 - 07:41 PM

View PostAudri, on 20 May 2014 - 06:51 PM, said:

Not to be rude but the policy was all clearly laid out on the crunchy roll page. They flat out said that you could not sign up for both events. I checked into CR's booth at 10:30 am on Friday and recieved #10 for Saturday's signing. When I got there on Saturday, they placed me in line in the proper place and was able to get my autograph and meet with each of the girls for a few seconds while they signed the poster.

As far as the JP fans, I'm sorry but I would never complain about them getting a bit more time with the girls. They are the real fans of those girls and with little notice came over here to support them. Hell, I don't think anyone on this forum can compare your fandom to their's and if that means they take a bit more time with the girls so be it.. they deserve it.

and the same policy should have been laid out here on the ACen site as well. As for those flying in from Japan, um, you do realize how that sounds right? There are a number of devoted fans to Japanese bands here, just as there are a devoted number of fans in japan to American bands over there. If you're a fan you're a fan, period. Keep in mind that fans in Japan get more signings and events than we in the states get. There's a good deal of frequency to events, and in some cases fans can get face time with the girls one on one in some cases. I'm all for them cheering their favorite band on, but saying they deserve more time with the girls then say someone here in the states that flew in from a different part of the country to see them doesn't seem very fair at all.

Pardon the Pause

#15 User is offline   Audri 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 20 May 2014 - 07:55 PM

I would agree if the Wake Up Girls have had more then two events. Also there is a lot of difference in the "Idol fandom" culturally that would be a lot to get into here. Frankly though if your willing to shell out over a grand for plane tickets to see four songs live, then I don't think it is to much to ask to give those fans a few extra minutes with the girls.
Ruko Yokune - Vippaloid

#16 User is offline   kakigori 

• Pip

Posted 20 May 2014 - 10:18 PM

View PostAudri, on 20 May 2014 - 06:51 PM, said:

Not to be rude but the policy was all clearly laid out on the crunchy roll page. They flat out said that you could not sign up for both events.

I was linked from the here on the thread I mentioned in my original post. It went directly to the order page and nowhere there did it say anything about the two item clause-it was only on the news announcement which I saw after. It's not like I chose both the Saturday and Sunday signings. I selected the poster and the Saturday signing because the poster looked like a unique item. It should not have let you check out with multiple items selected because there is no point to it. Within the same day I send in a ticket explaining how I was brought straight to the order page and didn't know how the orders worked which might as well have been sent straight into their trash because they gave no indication that it was even read.

View PostAudri, on 20 May 2014 - 07:55 PM, said:

Frankly though if your willing to shell out over a grand for plane tickets to see four songs live, then I don't think it is to much to ask to give those fans a few extra minutes with the girls.

The thing is it is much to ask when it takes away equal opportunities that everyone in line should have had. If they spent a large sum traveling across the world for a single weekend's events that's good for them. That money was for the traveling cost and went straight to the airlines, not CR or WUG. So unless they paid for some sort of VIP status, they are not entitled to anything. It should be fair game when everyone paid the same price to attend the convention.

#17 User is offline   Washu Takahashi 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip

Posted 21 May 2014 - 07:34 AM

View Postkakigori, on 20 May 2014 - 10:18 PM, said:

The thing is it is much to ask when it takes away equal opportunities that everyone in line should have had. If they spent a large sum traveling across the world for a single weekend's events that's good for them. That money was for the traveling cost and went straight to the airlines, not CR or WUG. So unless they paid for some sort of VIP status, they are not entitled to anything. It should be fair game when everyone paid the same price to attend the convention.

I agree with this statement. Everyone is a fan, and the fact that someone is able to shell out more money to get a chance to see the girls doesn't make them MORE of a fan. I waited in line to get my thing signed with a Japanese fan who lived in California and flew in with only a week or two's notice to see them. What makes him less of a fan than those who flew from Japan? He only had very brief conversations with the girls, keeping the line moving nicely. Even someone like me, who lives close enough to commute every day, shouldn't be considered less of a fan because I didn't have to pay as much to see them.
ACen 2015 Plans
Maki (1, 2, Jump! or Wonderful Rush) [Love Live! School Idol Project] 100% or 0%

#18 User is offline   Audri 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 21 May 2014 - 10:48 AM

A couple of things.. First the arrival of the Wake Up girls here and the autograph session was all on crunchyroll. ACen from my understanding was the benificiary of Crunchyroll's hard work and service.

I do understand what you guys are saying and can see it from your side. However I also think that outstanding acts of fandom should not be ignored. I joke often on facebook and other places that I'm the biggest Honoka Kousaka fan in North America, yet that being said Ive never seen Muse live despite them having many concerts in Japan. Just never had that kind of money to fork out and frankly will not in a long time. With that being said, I have nothing but respect for the fans that came over from JP to the WUG concert. In a fair world you guys are totally right and maybe it was a bit rude for them to take that extra time. But I know myself that if I went to JP to see Muse It would be really hard for me to resist that urge to try to chat up the girls a bit if I had the chance and I don't think the Muse fans there would be bashing me for doing it.

This post has been edited by Audri: 21 May 2014 - 10:50 AM

Ruko Yokune - Vippaloid

#19 User is offline   Washu Takahashi 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip

Posted 21 May 2014 - 01:47 PM

I don't think we're bashing them (I'm certainly not trying to at least). MAJOR props to them for coming out. But still, every fan should be treated the same way and given the same time to ensure as many people have a chance to meet their idols as possible. I'm sure if you did get to go to Japan and see Muse, the Japanese fans wouldn't be "bashing" you, but they certainly wouldn't be happy you were eating away at their chances to meet the girls. You have to remember that there were more people in line than the girls would have the time to meet, and out of respect for those people the lines should move along at a decent pace to try and get as many fans in as possible.
ACen 2015 Plans

#20 User is offline   Dark Spellmaster 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 21 May 2014 - 05:41 PM

In regard to the idea of a VIP treatment situation...I hate even bringing this up because I can't be certain about this case...but I wouldn't be surprised at all to know that the production team of WUG may have had that in Japan for it's "Fan Club". Sometimes specialized incentives are given to fans of a band if they pay a premium to be part of the band's fan club. This entitles them to special privileges that other fans can't get. So, if they were talking longer to the girls, they may have been a premium member of the fan club. This could have trumped some of the rules in regard to what Crunchyroll had in line, particularly if they had something to identify themselves as this to the management, thus giving them longer time with the girls.

Again I don't know if that happened here, but I've read about some events that have happened stateside where fans of this nature have come to see the bands and wind up taking up most of the time and those that were part of the non fan club based events didn't get all the time that they had bee offered.

Regarding going to see a Japanese band in japan, oh boy. Most people wouldn't bash at all, but if you ran into the, okay I'll just use the word here since it is what they are called there, otaku (insane fanboys/girls) of the group, sure as shootin' you'd be bashed and possibly worse. There's been a lot of issues where these people have stalked their favorite band member when they feel that they were not talking to them enough. It's one of the reasons why a number of singers like to get away from idol life once they are old enough to graduate from the bands and move on to other fields where they don't feel the same pressures. I have heard tell of accounts of at least one VA who moved out of a suburb of Tokyo because some fan was actually harassing her husband and scaring her child. She didn't quit the industry but she doesn't talk about her family at all any more because she doesn't want that to happen again. Another incident I read on Japan Today's website spoke of a huge outcry from "fans" that were mad that they could only shake hands with one of the girls of a band. They were given a name of a singer but these "fans" (I use the term loosely) were ranting because they couldn't get to shake hands with one of the more famous of the singers. The reason for this was the management wanted: 1. For all the girls to have an equal amount of fans meet them. 2. To allow enough people to see the band that had wanted to. Sadly the management had to, no joke, apologize to the "fans" for not letting them meet with and shake hands with the more famous singer. They promised that next time they could all meet her even if she wasn't the one that they were given a number for. How depressing is that. >_< (Sorry for the rant :thumbdown: )

I guess my concern is that next time, if people are going to come in from around the world, maybe it would be a good idea if Crunchy or whoever sponsors the event, has a VIP sessions for fans that pay a bit more to allow them to meet with the band for a longer period. Have a cut off on the amount of people, this way fans that want to meet the girls without the extra pay can actually get to because those that want a "bigger" meeting can get to have it without cutting into time for those who just want to say hi.

Pardon the Pause

#21 User is offline   Audri 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 21 May 2014 - 06:09 PM

I also suspected that those fans were VIP fans when I first read the OP. As far as your description of the Otaku remember there are two sides to them. Yes there are the awful folks you have described but there are a lot of die-hard obsessed fans that would do more harm protecting their idol from those other fans you described then would ever cause harm or to harass the idol or her family.

A lot of things you have described really fall under the "Idol fandom" and it's really strict set of rules. Remember if an idol gets a bf her career is probably over. As far as that apology that was made to fans who probably felt that meeting the band members was a reward for their unending dedication and obsession for that band and the idols within it.

I have a friend on facebook who is really big in the IM@S scene in JP. I asked him a few questions and for his opinions on some things. Later in the conversation he gave me a description of what he liked about Chihaya and I asked him if those things were what he wanted in a friend or a waifu. Without hesitating he said "a god" So going back to those fans, they may have really felt this was there one time to interact with a person that they put on that high of a pedistool.

This post has been edited by Audri: 21 May 2014 - 06:10 PM

Ruko Yokune - Vippaloid

#22 User is offline   Valkyrie 

• Exhibit Space ADH
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Assistant Department Head
  • Member No.: 3041

Posted 21 May 2014 - 06:48 PM

Moved this thread to Exhibit Hall~
ACen 2009 - Merchandising Staff
ACen 2010 - IRT Operative
ACen 2011-2013 - IRT Dispatch
Callsign: Valkyrie
"There is only one god. And his name, is Death. And there is only one thing we say to Death: 'Not today.'"

#23 User is offline   youth 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 22

Posted 21 May 2014 - 10:41 PM

View Postkakigori, on 20 May 2014 - 10:18 PM, said:

I was linked from the here on the thread I mentioned in my original post. It went directly to the order page and nowhere there did it say anything about the two item clause-it was only on the news announcement which I saw after. It's not like I chose both the Saturday and Sunday signings. I selected the poster and the Saturday signing because the poster looked like a unique item. It should not have let you check out with multiple items selected because there is no point to it. Within the same day I send in a ticket explaining how I was brought straight to the order page and didn't know how the orders worked which might as well have been sent straight into their trash because they gave no indication that it was even read.

That is odd since I did do an order for both poster & Saturday & my email was in their spreadsheet when I checked in Friday morning. Maybe because I was probably one of the first to sign up when the news appeared on CR's site so it went through. Just so you know this is the first time CR has done something like this so you should probably address your complaints to them too.

I'm one of those who try for multiple autographs too & have don't recall any of the several dozen con's I've attended since 2001 ever impose a one autograph only rule for multiple open signings. If you really want an autograph you get in line early. Because I wanted to catch the whole of the WUG's panel I did not get in line early enough & was cut off before the session ended on Sunday. I would fault CR a bit on this because it seems the signing was cut short so CR could get the WUG's to do a final appearance on the live stream.
g'day
youth

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users