• This topic is locked

Rave/Soap Bubble

#1 User is offline   brasilianman 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 62095

Posted 19 May 2014 - 07:31 AM

Now before I begin, I'm sure this topic can be sensitive for many but I just want to to leave some feedback on what happened this past weekend.

I love attending the raves at ACen. I enjoy partying and dancing all night and also meet new people during this event. This weekend there was a change on how the event is now being proceeded in which I have to agree. To those that are not aware, the rave now requires to have their guests to be 18+ of age. This is due to regulations, and possible state law, that the convention must follow (feel free to correct me if I'm wrong). At the same time, I like the fact that all the people dancing are of age because I don't want to feel uncomfortable of dancing with someone below the age (it can be hard to tell on several occasions, which everyone can agree).

However, I also feel bad for those that do want to attend a dancing party. I know that there is the crystal ball formal dance but it can't be enough for many. My suggestion is that for future events, there should be 2 separate rave events. One that is for all ages in which it should end at a particular time and then one for 18+ only. This might be a bit hard to schedule but it can be accomplished and I have a small suggestion. There are 4 big ballrooms/large capacity event rooms. 2 of them are in the Hyatt and 2 in the upstairs conference room where the main convention took place. One of those rooms can be utilized for the all ages rave party because when I went to the panels running during the same time, one of them was near empty so they could be moved to one of the smaller panel rooms downstairs of the Hyatt. That way it could be easier to handle and the audience might be more manageable. It is just a personal suggestion because I want everyone to enjoy a good time but I can see that the convention must also follow the rules and by-laws that is needed.

This post has been edited by brasilianman: 19 May 2014 - 07:33 AM

ACen Cosplays:
Friday: 9th Dr from Dr Who
Saturday: Goomba from Super Mario Bros
Sunday: Ratio from Hamatora the Animation
Rave Attire: Mordecai from Regular Show in KUNG FU of death... clothing (without the mullet)

#2 User is offline   Niroz51 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 61786

Posted 19 May 2014 - 06:05 PM

There was an age restriction?
Maybe it is just for Soap Bubble because my friends and I attended hardcore synergy on Friday and while we're all 21 no one asked for any ID. I'd like to know where this is announced please, just so I make sure to take my ID next year since I prefer to take only what I must like a room card and such and leave stuff in the room.

Though I have to say that I thought the age limit for the raves was long overdue considering all other things around those times are 18+.
Mostly however, I live 30minutes outside of the area and often go around Rosemont and Chicago, whenever I was out with friends at restaurants they would have signs and concerts would be listed 17+ due to curfew laws in the area and would not allow admittance. I was always curious as to how these two things could be an all ages event because of that. Maybe it has caught up with them? In which case an all ages rave wouldn't be possible.

#3 User is offline   Knowltey 

• Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 65446

Posted 20 May 2014 - 08:56 PM

Yeah, I wasn't IDed when going into Hardcore Synergy. We were all over 21, but still if there was an age restriction you would've expected that they would've been asking for ID as standard practice.

#4 User is offline   Attack The Music 

• Hardcore Synergy Promoter
  • Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 63178

Posted 21 May 2014 - 12:24 AM

We were notified shortly before the show that we would be required to announce at Midnight that the show would be 18+ from that point on. We're going to be working with ACen going forward to make sure all announcements regarding curfew and ID requirements will be made well in advance of Hardcore Synergy. Soap Bubble operates as a different entity, but I am sure they will offer the same courtesy.

#5 User is offline   brasilianman 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 62095

Posted 23 May 2014 - 07:59 AM

I never knew that the ordinance took effect this year for prior years that wasn't the case. It is very understandable for the reason behind it. It's great that your group(s) has everyone at least 21+ but not all of the attendees are as lucky. That is why I suggested 2 separate rave parties to attend to the age restriction issues. If you plan to make it into 1 event and then have those 17 and under leave at a particular time, then I would suggest placing a bracelet or a black-light activated stamp where you can try to locate those under 18 trying to hide within the crowd to make the transition easier.

This post has been edited by brasilianman: 23 May 2014 - 08:00 AM

ACen Cosplays:
Friday: 9th Dr from Dr Who
Saturday: Goomba from Super Mario Bros
Sunday: Ratio from Hamatora the Animation
Rave Attire: Mordecai from Regular Show in KUNG FU of death... clothing (without the mullet)

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users