• You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Pass Question

#1 User is offline   mxs 

• Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 65515

Posted 15 May 2014 - 06:35 PM

I bought a full weekend pass for my minor niece online to be picked up at will call. I am going to get a pass at the convention with the service discount. Does anyone know if I can get the service discount pass at will call or will I have to get in a separate line for that? I will be arriving during the day. I am trying to get through the lines as quickly as possible, and this is my first time going to the convention so I have no idea what to expect.

#2 User is offline   dorkatlarge 

• Veteran
  • PipPip
  • Group: Veteran
  • Member No.: 6912

Posted 15 May 2014 - 07:35 PM

The registration info page states the following:

"Want to avoid the line? Purchase your full weekend membership or single day pass online and pick it up in the Will Call area of Registration!"

"As a thank you to our service members (veteran and currently serving military, police, fire, EMT, etc), we offer a full weekend membership for a discounted rate of $30. This discount only applies to a full weekend membership. This discount also only applies to the serving member, and not to any other memberships or passes being purchased. The attendee must present an ID showing that they are or were a member of the various services to receive this discount."

Unfortunately, I'm not sure if you can purchase a weekend membership on Friday at Will Call. Be sure to read the registration info page carefully, as well as the FAQ. Perhaps someone else will know... If nobody responds between now and Friday morning, then when you arrive, make sure to look for ACen staff as soon as possible. Politely ask them questions.

Keep in mind that ACen is a relatively large fan convention. There will be lines for most panels and events, so be prepared. Look through lists of essential items to bring, which can be found elsewhere on this forum.

#3 User is offline   KnitChick 

• ACen Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: ACen Staff
  • Member No.: 9629

Posted 15 May 2014 - 09:00 PM

Sorry to say, since you can only get the service discount by purchasing at con, you would have to go into the regular registration lines. But you can also pick up the will call badge there, so you won't have to brave the lines twice. (but double check when you get there - I might be wrong but I know the will call lines do not actually have registers so they cannot accept cash)
Special Needs and Compliance DH for Acen! Come see us in the Hyatt Grand Boardroom!!
Acen 2014: 50s Sailor Mercury, Agent Simmons from S.H.I.E.L.D., Kim Possible, Ghostbuster, frazzled DH
Youmacon 2014: (tentative) Captain Marvelous, Agent Simmons?, Ace from Doctor Who?
Chicago TARDIS 2014: (tentative) Fourth Doctor, Ace

Member of Team GEEK for the Norridge/Harwood Heights Relay for Life! Please join us or donate!
Ninja on the Glomp Team! Member of the Crossplay Alliance! / My blog / My pictures! (Flickr)
Resident Ghostbusters, Doctor Who, Firefly, Quantum Leap, Transformers, Harry Potter, Highlander, Girl Genius, Super Sentai and Nerima Daikon Brothers obsessor!

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users