• You cannot reply to this topic

Hi, Hi! I'm pretty sure I should post my intro here

#1 User is offline   ShingekiNoFandoms 

• Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 64955

Posted 08 May 2014 - 05:14 PM

Hi!

I've been lurking about the forums ever since I've been eagerly anticipating ACen 2014!

This will be my 2nd ACen, my first was in 2013, and my 3rd con overall. My first was Anime World Chicago in 2012 :3 I first heard of ACen when my Uncle and I were looking at cons to go to after AWC, who didn't do a con last year, so we went to ACen instead! The small con was nice if you're going to just panels and stuff, but ACen has a nice variety of everything compared to AWC.

I couldn't even begin to list all the anime I'm currently in the middle of, but some big ones are FMA/FMAB, Free! Iwatobi Swim Club, Soul Eater, Rosario + Vampire, etc. etc. (I can't think of all of them). Some good ones I've watched are PMMM, Elfen Lied, SnK, Kuroshitsuji, Ouran HSHC, Squid Girl, and Keroro Gunsou.

I'm about an hour away from the con, that's all I'll say about that (u w u)

I try to cosplay. Emphasis on the TRY. I honestly don't think I'm too good but I'm still starting out and hope to get better. I've cosplayed from Hetalia before, but am cosplaying from SnK and Homestuck this year.

I do gaming too. I'm currently playing Portal 2 :D

And kind of off-topic here maybe but I'll basically be with a bunch of friends all throughout ACen so if you're looking for people to hang out with we're cool. My friend and I will be there all weekend :3 Except we're all around 16-ish.

But yeah hi! I figured I'd try to stop lurking so much and try to make myself welcome here, I'm looking forward to a great year this year! If you see me in one of my cosplays in my signature feel free to say hi!

(I kinda used the template a bit I hope I didn't drag on here ^^;)
Cosplay for ACen 2014:
Friday- Hanji Zoe (AoT/SnK), Saturday- Terezi Pyrope (Homestuck), Sunday- Horsehead!Jean Kirschtein (SnK/AoT)
Cosplay from ACen 2013:
Seborga (Hetalia), Chibitalia (with cats ears half the time :3) (Hetalia)
Other cons: Anime World Chicago/AWC 2012- (the one n00b cosplay everyone makes at one point and prefers not to mention)

#2 User is offline   Whodigiya 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 63372

Posted 08 May 2014 - 05:16 PM

Hello and welcome to the forum!
Everything I say is either true or extremely handsome!

#3 User is offline   Fantasia 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 63205

Posted 08 May 2014 - 09:22 PM

hi hi! welcome to the forums!
ACen COSPLAYS 2014:

Imp Midna LoZ Twilight Princess
Crona
Mirai Kuriyama

#4 User is offline   RogueShinobi 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Bigfoot
  • Member No.: 19520

Posted 09 May 2014 - 08:42 AM

Welcome to the ACen community. Drag on? If anything your are quite normal. I tend to lean towards longer posts when I first come to a forum. So in that matter no worries.

I "try" to cosplay as well, then again I am no longer worried about what level cosplayer I am. I just enjoy the atmosphere and have fun. The premise of cosplay "perfection" is over used. I look at it as the cosplay you are going as is your personification of how the person would look in real life. There are the "purists" as I call them who judge people based on accuracy, but i don't let them get to me. I just shrug it off and if they have a problem with what I do then they are not the right group to hang out with.

Anyways, hope to see you around the con, I'll be a hiker from Pokémon taking pictures. If you see me feel free to come over and say hi, I may be in the middle of a shoot with some people around the con.

Enjoy the awesomeness that is ACen.
"Be you, Be yourself, Let no one change who you are."

"The world is a treacherous place, learn from it, embrace it, make it your own."

Take a look, feel free to comment and leave feedback. Thanks!

Slideshow of a few of my pictures.

#5 User is offline   ShingekiNoFandoms 

• Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 64955

Posted 09 May 2014 - 05:06 PM

Hi everyone! And thanks ^^

View PostRogueShinobi, on 09 May 2014 - 08:42 AM, said:

Anyways, hope to see you around the con, I'll be a hiker from Pokémon taking pictures. If you see me feel free to come over and say hi, I may be in the middle of a shoot with some people around the con.

Enjoy the awesomeness that is ACen.

Sounds fun :D I'll make sure to say hello if I see you! 7 days, I can't wait!
Cosplay for ACen 2014:
Friday- Hanji Zoe (AoT/SnK), Saturday- Terezi Pyrope (Homestuck), Sunday- Horsehead!Jean Kirschtein (SnK/AoT)
Cosplay from ACen 2013:
Seborga (Hetalia), Chibitalia (with cats ears half the time :3) (Hetalia)
Other cons: Anime World Chicago/AWC 2012- (the one n00b cosplay everyone makes at one point and prefers not to mention)

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users