• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Rhythm Games 2014

#1 User is offline   bonedaddyds 

• Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 62045

Posted 07 May 2014 - 08:35 AM

I was curious to see if any of the staff knew what kind of rhythm games the arcade would have this year. I know last year space was cramped so it didn't seem like there was as much variety as 2012 - with gaming looking like its back in its old location though I thought it might mean more games!

Any clue on what's been booked? I'm really curious to know which DDR mixes will be there :)

Thanks in advance!

#2 User is offline   YeehawMcKickass 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 19706

Posted 07 May 2014 - 01:14 PM

You are indeed correct about there being less variety and space last year compared to 2012. There were about eleven fewer games compared to 2012.

The Hilton's ballrom wasn't ideal in terms of space, layout, electricity, and location. Like you said, we're back in the International Ballroom in the Hyatt, so we get the same amounts of space and power as we did in the past.

I can't give you specifics as to what exactly what games will be making it (because it depends entirely on how well we can play Tetris with the trucks), but there WILL be two DDR's. Versions are still up in the air, but at least one of them will be running something newer than last year.

#3 User is offline   spookyman 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 215

Posted 12 May 2014 - 03:04 PM

I'd like to know if there's gonna be a IIDX machine there this year. If so, I hope it's not the Gold machine you guys have had in the past. If possible, it would be really cool to see a SPADA version there. If Kansas City can get that at a mall arcade, there's gotta be a way to pull it off for a convention.
Bang

#4 User is offline   xness151x 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 17309

Posted 12 May 2014 - 07:44 PM

View Postspookyman, on 12 May 2014 - 03:04 PM, said:

I'd like to know if there's gonna be a IIDX machine there this year. If so, I hope it's not the Gold machine you guys have had in the past. If possible, it would be really cool to see a SPADA version there. If Kansas City can get that at a mall arcade, there's gotta be a way to pull it off for a convention.

I highly doubt there will be one at ACen this year.

#5 User is offline   YeehawMcKickass 

• Lurker
  • Pip

Posted 13 May 2014 - 11:01 AM

View Postspookyman, on 12 May 2014 - 03:04 PM, said:

There will not be a IIDX. The last machine to go to ACen was the Gold machine you referenced brought by Phorrest back in 2009. If you'd like to talk about why no 2Dux at the convention, find me in the arcade. I'll be wearing a Credits Remaining T-shirt, I have a beard, and I do actually respond to Yeehaw.

You're referring to the arcades in Kansas City, Kansas? Zonkers?

#6 User is offline   spookyman 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 215

Posted 14 May 2014 - 02:47 PM

That's too bad. I hope there was no incidence with the machine phorest had brought. And yes, I was referring to zonkers. Been going there since they got tricoro last year.
Bang

#7 User is offline   YeehawMcKickass 

• Lurker
  • Pip

Posted 14 May 2014 - 10:25 PM

Phorrest stopped bringing games primarily because of the hell he went through getting the games here in 2009. The basic story (IIRC) is that he's based on the Nebraska edge of Iowa, and for 2009 he loaded up his truck with some friends, started driving towards the con, got about three or four hours into the seven hour drive when the truck he was in broke down. He called for roadside assistance, and instead of doing a sane thing and towing him to somewhere to get the truck fixed, they towed him ALL THE WAY BACK TO HIS STARTING POINT then made him swap trucks and start over.

He was quite angry and tired when he showed up. Con staff, myself, and a couple other suppliers unloaded his truck for him so he could go to bed. Nobody could really blame the guy for being in that mood.

Zonkers aside, I actually talk to Jordan quite regularly. Some of the pictures he's used in promotional materials for the place have been ones I've taken.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users