Anime Central Forums: Anison singers and voice actors/actresses, Hayao Miyazaki and Vocaloid - Anime Central Forums

Page 1 of 1

Anison singers and voice actors/actresses, Hayao Miyazaki and Vocaloid Just my own 2015 suggestions for ACen

#1 User is offline   xkiabx 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 65162

Posted 24 April 2014 - 11:02 PM

Hayashibara, Megumi
A voice actress, singer, radio personality, lyricist since from 1986 to present who, after getting well known, went on to releasing many singles, doing songs for animes that she voices in and having her own radio show. (She is also a qualified and registered nurse but has never been employed as one. She states that this was a safe measurement in case she never passed the audition to become a voice actress back then.) She is known for her roles in: Love Hina, Saber Marionette J, Ranma ½ (female half of Ranma Saotome), Neon Genesis Evangelion (Rei Ayanami), Cowboy Bebop (Faye Valentine), Slayers (Lina Inverse), Detective Conan, Pocket Monster/Pokémon (Team Rocket's Jessie, and other Pokemon voices), All Purpose Cultural Catgirl Nuku Nuku and Shaman King (Anna Kyouyama Asakura). After getting married on April 30th, 1998, she has since then focused more on her family (gave birth to a daughter on June 28, 2004) but still releases a few singles out and voice acting here and there while still doing her radio show. Is also one among of many Japan's top voice actresses (mostly known back in the 1990s and early 2000s).

I grew up with a lot of animes that Megumi Hayashibara voiced and did songs for during the 1990s into the early 2000s. As she is also able to sing many different kinds of music genres and is a great live singer. It's a bit sad that she is rarely active like she used to back then but she has a family now and I'm still glad that she is still active.

Mizuki, Nana
Born as Nana Kondō, a self proclaimed otaku, she is a Japanese singer-songwriter and voice actress since 1998 to present after she passed the audition of the game Noël: La Neige. Before her current occupation, she was trained as an enka singer as a child by her father. Despite her petite figure, she is known for her strong voice, broad vocal range, and being able to sing many different kinds of music genres. After a start of a few years of being a voice actress, she has established herself as a successful singer and has gone on to sing many songs and done many voices for animes (Naruto: Hinata Hyuuga), games (Tales of Symphonia: Colette Brunal), and other medias. Is the very first voice actress to top the weekly Oricon albums chart and the weekly Oricon singles chart. She is among many of Japan's top voice actresses.

Upon the early 2000s, I discovered Nana Mizuki by accident after clicking on a YouTube video of the song "Brave Phoenix" (which she sings and was used as an insert song for an episode in the anime Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha A) which blew me away because it was such a beautiful song. So literally, I looked up the singer and to my surprise, this women is amazing. Not only was she a great voice actress and a singer but she had reminded me so much of and is kinda like Megumi Hayashibara.

Kita, Shuhei (Japanese pop-rock singer)
Is the winner of the first Animax Anison Grand Prix (a competition that gathers aspiring singers from all over Japan for the chance to make a professional debut and sing a theme song in an anime television show) and professionally debuted with PERSONA -trinity soul-'s opening theme "Breakin' through" and has since then continued to release songs for animes (titles such as: Natsume Yuujin-chou, Sekai-ichi Hatsukoi, etc.) and games.

HIMEKA (Catherine St. Onge)
A French-Canadian singer that is active in Japan back in 2009 to present. After she won the Second Annual Animax Anison Grand Prix she professionally debuted with the single "Asu e no Kizuna" which became the opening song for the anime adaptation of the PlayStation 3 video game Valkyria Chronicles. Since then she has gone on to release other songs for animes and games.

HIMEKA had a dream that many have and she made it happen. This women is like a representation of 'dreams do come true". I love her voice as its clear, strong, and vibrant. A wonderful singer despite how much competition she faces (HIMEKA has stated that its hard to release a new song since she is simply an "anison" (anime song) singer, and competition for that is always very high, so she takes any chances she gets to do for an anime series, games, and other medias.), I hope to see her to be able to release more songs.

Some of the popular Japanese male voice actors-singers in Japan: Ono Daisuke (Kuroshitsuji/Black Butler: Sebastian Michaels, Durarara!!: Shizuo Heiwajima), Hiroshi Kamiya (Karneval: Gareki, Shingeki no Kyojin/Attack on Titan: Levi), Yuuki Kaji (Magi: Alibaba Saluja, Shingeki no Kyojin/Attack on Titan: Eren Jaeger)

Another popular voice actor and voice actress that are married; Kenichi Suzumura (has done a lot of voice roles for such animes like Uta no Prince-sama and etc.) and Maaya Sakamoto (Kuroshitsuji: Ciel Phantomhive, The Vision of Escaflowne: Hitomi Kanzaki/she is also a singer and knows and can sing in English)

Japanese singers who can also sing in English and has done many songs for animes: ELISA, LIA (Angel Beats!: My Soul, Your Beats!)

Edit: Was gonna add Mamoru Miyano but gladly, someone has that up already!

Hayao Miyazaki
The co-founder of Studio Ghibli and director of many of its films. As well as being a manga artist, illustrator, producer, and screenwriter, he is also considered as one of the most popular and influential animators in the history of cinema. Ever since his long work within Studio Ghibli, he has retired and is focusing on his manga work. His final film that he did with Studio Ghibli was "The Wind Rises".

My first encounter with Studio Ghibli was after I read the manga "Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind" and after seeing the animation film, I've come to enjoy this man's work and Studio Ghibli overall. He creates hand-drawn animation which makes all his works so classically beautifully stunning and is enjoyable by all ages. As he is "retired" so whether he doesn't come ACen, it's understandable. Since attending such events might not be favorable.

Vocaloid
Well, obviously everyone know what Vocaloid is, lols. I used to hate dancing but after my encounter with Vocaloid, that has changed forever! Every time a certain song that has the dance moves to, that I know, I just feel the urge to do the dance and sing along with the song. I would love to see the Vocaloid concert, that Japan has annually ever since Vocaloid's creation and popular break through (they're so lucky). I really hope that if not in 2015, that ACen can get a Vocaloid concert in the future!

This post has been edited by xkiabx: 20 May 2014 - 01:31 PM

ANIME CENTRAL 2015
    K- Anna Kushina

#2 User is offline   mastermind_ninja 

• Con Ops Staff
  • Pip
  • Group: ACen Staff
  • Member No.: 63377

Posted 04 May 2014 - 12:25 AM

Hayao Miyazaki, is that even possible? I've never heard of him going to a con EVER. I looked up his guest list on AnimeCons.com too and he didn't show up. That would be pretty amazing if ACen could get him. I mean I think we've all been amazed at one point or another by his work.

#3 User is offline   El Ken 

• Guest Relations Section Chief
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Administrator
  • Member No.: 5629

Posted 05 May 2014 - 12:34 PM

View Postmastermind_ninja, on 04 May 2014 - 12:25 AM, said:

Hayao Miyazaki, is that even possible? I've never heard of him going to a con EVER. I looked up his guest list on AnimeCons.com too and he didn't show up. That would be pretty amazing if ACen could get him. I mean I think we've all been amazed at one point or another by his work.

If I recall, Miyazaki has only been to the U.S. twice for events. The last time was in 2009, but I believe that was required under contract with Disney, and I think that only happened because his friend helped coax him into it - it was more a favor to his friend than anything.

At any rate, as incredible as it would be, it is extremely unlikely to happen. He even no-showed the Oscars when Spirited Away won Best Animated Feature in 2002. He's simply not interested in attending such events. And with his recent (re-)retirement, who knows what he's planning to do now.
Ken Leiding

Guest Relations Section Chief (2011- )

Hotel/Convention Site Relations, Retired (2006-2010)

@kenleiding

「いっぺん死んで見る?」

#4 User is offline   JujuFox 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 45794

Posted 05 May 2014 - 12:43 PM

I'd settle for Goro Miyazaki. That would be pretty awesome.
Attending since 2005 ~ Artist Alley '06, '11, '12, '13, & '14

Cosplays 2014: Friday: Ness(female version) Saturday: Chell Sunday: Myself
Cosplays 2013: Friday: Major Motoko Kusanagi(picture) Saturday: Chell(picture) Sunday: Ness(picture)

Check out my shop Geeky Cute Crochet on Etsy!

#5 User is offline   El Ken 

• Guest Relations Section Chief
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Administrator
  • Member No.: 5629

Posted 05 May 2014 - 01:20 PM

View PostJujuFox, on 05 May 2014 - 12:43 PM, said:

I'd settle for Goro Miyazaki. That would be pretty awesome.

I'll be interested to see how Goro's anime series directing debut will go this fall. Sanzoku no Musume Ronia is slated to air beginning in October on NHK and BS Premium.
Ken Leiding

Guest Relations Section Chief (2011- )

Hotel/Convention Site Relations, Retired (2006-2010)

@kenleiding

「いっぺん死んで見る?」

Fast Reply

Page 1 of 1

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users