Anime Central Forums: Gun question - Anime Central Forums

Jump to content

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Gun question

#1 User is offline   onemokona 

  • Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 64172
  • Posts: 31
  • Joined: 02-October 13

Posted 22 April 2014 - 09:33 AM

I apologize-I saw a thread about this a few weeks ago but can't seem to find it! The rules state: The gun is unacceptable if it is a gun-like prop without an orange tip. Gun-like props also must have their firing mechanisms disabled and have no ammunition loaded.
I want to clarify the first part- Does this mean a nerf gun can NOT be spray painted silver to look like a real gun and that only airsoft guns (or other guns that have an orange tip) are allowed?
Onto the next part:
What is required to have the firing mechanism disabled? I think I saw somewhere in the forums that you can tape back the trigger but I wanted to make sure that is appropriate in this situation. I wouldn't want to think the wrong thing and be penalized for it!


Thanks!

#2 User is offline   KungPowKirby 

  • Addict
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Addict
  • Member No.: 53583
  • Posts: 956
  • Joined: 07-April 10
  • Location:Des Moines, IA

Posted 22 April 2014 - 10:31 AM

From what I understand you can spray paint the nerf gun silver- but you have to also paint or attach an orange tip. I know that all gun props whether airsoft or not have to have an orange tip.
No Soap = No Waifu Winner of the 2015 "Got Soap" slogan contest. ;)

"If this body is not capable of action, I suggest new leadership is needed. I move for a vote of no confidence in Chancellor Valorum's leadership."- Queen Amidala; Star Wars: Phantom Menace

#3 User is offline   JujuFox 

  • Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 45794
  • Posts: 573
  • Joined: 12-December 09
  • Location:Carol Stream

Posted 22 April 2014 - 11:44 AM

Blaze orange tip and zip tie the trigger back. It can be any color you want as long as you disable it from firing and have the orange tip.
Attending since 2005 ~ Artist Alley '06, '11, '12, '13, & '14

Cosplays 2014: Friday: Ness(female version) Saturday: Chell Sunday: Myself
Cosplays 2013: Friday: Major Motoko Kusanagi(picture) Saturday: Chell(picture) Sunday: Ness(picture)

Check out my shop Geeky Cute Crochet on Etsy!

#4 User is offline   onemokona 

  • Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 64172
  • Posts: 31
  • Joined: 02-October 13

Posted 22 April 2014 - 01:07 PM

View PostJujuFox, on 22 April 2014 - 11:44 AM, said:

Blaze orange tip and zip tie the trigger back. It can be any color you want as long as you disable it from firing and have the orange tip.


Thanks! That answers all my questions.

#5 User is offline   Vheeria 

  • Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 65378
  • Posts: 9
  • Joined: 21-April 14
  • Location:Chicago

Posted 25 April 2014 - 10:15 AM

I have a rubber gun that's incapable of even being used since it has no trigger at all, however, I've lost the orange tip. It will be in a holster, but should I paint the tip orange anyway?

#6 User is offline   onemokona 

  • Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 64172
  • Posts: 31
  • Joined: 02-October 13

Posted 25 April 2014 - 11:01 AM

View PostVheeria, on 25 April 2014 - 10:15 AM, said:

I have a rubber gun that's incapable of even being used since it has no trigger at all, however, I've lost the orange tip. It will be in a holster, but should I paint the tip orange anyway?


Based on what I know, if you plan on taking it out of the holster you would want to paint it orange. Honestly I would just paint it orange just to be safe even if you aren't thinking of taking it out of the holster. It would be terrible to get it confiscated. :(

#7 User is offline   MetalGravy 

  • Veteran
  • PipPip
  • Group: Veteran
  • Member No.: 1562
  • Posts: 408
  • Joined: 03-February 04
  • Location:Urbandale, IA

Posted 04 May 2014 - 06:44 PM

Inflatables work, too.


Posted Image
I am a vampire! I am a zombie! I AM A VAMBIE!!! I CANNOT BE STOPPED!

-Deadite Morbius, Marvel Zombies 3.4.


Pirates>ninja's Faile and her Vagrants are nothing!!!!! YARRRRR!

#8 User is offline   onemokona 

  • Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 64172
  • Posts: 31
  • Joined: 02-October 13

Posted 04 May 2014 - 07:34 PM

I have a quick question for those that have used guns. Does the zip tie seem to detract from the gun? I am looking at this:

http://www.walmart.c...Silver/21320449

To have as my "other part" aka Patty from Soul Eater since she can transform into a gun--I thought about seeing if I could find a silver zip tie or possibly spray painting a white one (maybe?)

#9 User is offline   JujuFox 

  • Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 45794
  • Posts: 573
  • Joined: 12-December 09
  • Location:Carol Stream

Posted 04 May 2014 - 09:33 PM

You could just use a silver sharpie to color the zip tie.
Attending since 2005 ~ Artist Alley '06, '11, '12, '13, & '14

Cosplays 2014: Friday: Ness(female version) Saturday: Chell Sunday: Myself
Cosplays 2013: Friday: Major Motoko Kusanagi(picture) Saturday: Chell(picture) Sunday: Ness(picture)

Check out my shop Geeky Cute Crochet on Etsy!

#10 User is offline   onemokona 

  • Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 64172
  • Posts: 31
  • Joined: 02-October 13

Posted 05 May 2014 - 06:24 AM

View PostJujuFox, on 04 May 2014 - 09:33 PM, said:

You could just use a silver sharpie to color the zip tie.


Herp derp to me! >.< I always have to over complicate things. That's perfect, thanks! I should have a silver sharpie somewhere around here...

This post has been edited by onemokona: 05 May 2014 - 06:24 AM


#11 User is offline   Twifairy 

  • Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 65191
  • Posts: 111
  • Joined: 19-March 14
  • Location:Chicago-ish

Posted 25 May 2014 - 06:08 PM

View Postonemokona, on 22 April 2014 - 09:33 AM, said:

I apologize-I saw a thread about this a few weeks ago but can't seem to find it! The rules state: The gun is unacceptable if it is a gun-like prop without an orange tip. Gun-like props also must have their firing mechanisms disabled and have no ammunition loaded.
I want to clarify the first part- Does this mean a nerf gun can NOT be spray painted silver to look like a real gun and that only airsoft guns (or other guns that have an orange tip) are allowed?
Onto the next part:
What is required to have the firing mechanism disabled? I think I saw somewhere in the forums that you can tape back the trigger but I wanted to make sure that is appropriate in this situation. I wouldn't want to think the wrong thing and be penalized for it!


Thanks!

I've used transparent ones in the past. I would try to ask a staff member for a direct answer.
ACen 2015 Cosplay-
Cinder Fall: 0% done

Anime Midwest 2015 Cosplay-
Mikasa Ackerman: 20% done
Possible other cosplays undecided

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users