Anime Central Forums: Starbucks in the convention center? - Anime Central Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Starbucks in the convention center?

#1 User is offline   Twifairy 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 65191

Posted 19 April 2014 - 12:26 PM

If I recall correctly, there was a Starbucks in the convention center.
I was wondering if it's still there, since a lot can happen in one year, and if they have the typical, full menu including little snacks and not just the drinks. We didn't actually go into the Starbucks last year, but there's a chance we might buy some food there. Also, is there free wifi there?

UPDATE
Thank you for all the comments.
I'm a little disappointed that I probably can't get into the Starbucks, since the place was PACKED last year, but just in case, there'll be some money put aside for a frappuccino, hehe.
Does anyone know if there are any other places to eat in the actual convention center?
I don't remember too well...

This post has been edited by Twifairy: 30 April 2014 - 05:07 PM

ACen 2015 Cosplay-
Cinder Fall: 0% done

Anime Midwest 2015 Cosplay-
Mikasa Ackerman: 20% done
Possible other cosplays undecided

#2 User is offline   xFatHalpert 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 63540

Posted 19 April 2014 - 05:08 PM

I believe it's still there, however I'm not sure about what the menu includes.

#3 User is offline   General_Iowa 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Bigfoot
  • Member No.: 62852

Posted 19 April 2014 - 05:16 PM

Starbucks + Otaku = Oh god!
Come to rebuildofevangelion.org and join our new and exciting community.

Follow me on Twitter at @NewEvaOrder for all your Eva needs

Come to the Rebuild of Evangelion panels across the country!

#4 User is offline   sockie 

• Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 60522

Posted 20 April 2014 - 07:23 PM

I don't remember super clearly, but I think it's pretty tiny and almost like a convenience store. Probably little to no Starbucks food items, but from what I remember they have candy and chips and stuff.

#5 User is offline   Voxx 

• Iron Chef
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Iron Chef
  • Member No.: 16994

Posted 21 April 2014 - 07:49 AM

It is extremely tiny. It was outside of the exhibit hall last year and it was PACKED. I'm not sure what was worse. The line to get into the Exhibit Hall or the line to Starbucks. There's barely any place to sit in the Starbucks so if you plan on using wifi there if they have it I'd sit outside of it. There wasnt really much food items if I remember correctly so if you just want a quick drink/coffee/frapp then go in. But frapps take a bit longer to make so thats why the line is usually friggen long because errybody wants a frapp :P
Allons-y Sugar Pea!

#6 User is offline   JujuFox 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 45794

Posted 21 April 2014 - 08:31 AM

I went on Sunday before the exhibit hall was open and waited in line 20 mins just to order my beverage. It was tiny, but they did have a cooler in the front with the usual mini cups of fruit, bottled beverages, and I think some sammiches.
Attending since 2005 ~ Artist Alley '06, '11, '12, '13, & '14

Cosplays 2014: Friday: Ness(female version) Saturday: Chell Sunday: Myself
Cosplays 2013: Friday: Major Motoko Kusanagi(picture) Saturday: Chell(picture) Sunday: Ness(picture)

Check out my shop Geeky Cute Crochet on Etsy!

#7 User is offline   Wafflashizzles 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 62412

Posted 21 April 2014 - 11:32 AM

It's there, almost 100% sure they lack the full menu. They're a conveniece location, not a full store.

Alternative locations for good coffee would be the bars inside the hyatt, micky d's (kind of..) and the expoteria ( I think?)

That being said, you'd probably get your coffee faster if you took the train 1 stop down to Mariano's on cumberland, or a few more to get off at Jefferson park and walk around the town...

I'm serious, you should take the time to head out of con for food. You'll find so much more at much cheaper/faster then just eating at micky d's and starbucks.

#8 User is offline   sockie 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 60522

Posted 21 April 2014 - 11:00 PM

Ohh I forgot about the one outside the vendors hall! Yeah, that one is always INSANELY packed. I was remembering one in the Hyatt hotel. Am I incorrect in remembering there are two?

#9 User is offline   KungPowKirby 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Addict
  • Member No.: 53583

Posted 22 April 2014 - 07:30 AM

View Postsockie, on 21 April 2014 - 11:00 PM, said:

Ohh I forgot about the one outside the vendors hall! Yeah, that one is always INSANELY packed. I was remembering one in the Hyatt hotel. Am I incorrect in remembering there are two?

There's a perks inside the Hyatt- I think they serve Starbucks- Not 100% sure though.
No Soap = No Waifu Winner of the 2015 "Got Soap" slogan contest. ;)

"If this body is not capable of action, I suggest new leadership is needed. I move for a vote of no confidence in Chancellor Valorum's leadership."- Queen Amidala; Star Wars: Phantom Menace

#10 User is offline   shizuka-kun 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 65164

Posted 23 April 2014 - 11:04 AM

There is a Starbucks-like shop in the Hyatt, it takes a bit for them to make a special drink but they also sell a lot of items you would find in a 7-11.
(◡‿◡✿)
(◕‿◕✿) “What you say 'bout me”
(◕‿◕)ノ✿ “Hold my flower”
✿\(。-_-。) “Kick his butt, baby. I got yo flower."

#11 User is offline   dorkatlarge 

• Veteran
  • PipPip
  • Group: Veteran
  • Member No.: 6912

Posted 23 April 2014 - 09:37 PM

In the Hyatt lobby, there's been decent solid food from afternoon through evening on both Friday and Saturday... and the lines aren't too long. Just don't spend too much on side food items.

View PostWafflashizzles, on 21 April 2014 - 11:32 AM, said:

I'm serious, you should take the time to head out of con for food. You'll find so much more at much cheaper/faster then just eating at micky d's and starbucks.

*If* you're staying at a hotel which can guarantee that you'll have a parking space, that can work. Drive away from the con area in order to have a quiet experience, and perhaps save some cash.

If you're planning to remain near the con for events... be sure to use the ACen Survival Map. Especially if you don't know how to walk to some places that are slightly south/west of the convention such as Chicago Fire Oven, MB Financial Park, Fashion Outlets food court, or Maria's Mexican Restaurant.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users