• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 60878

Posted 09 April 2014 - 02:17 PM

I'll keep it simple this year...

Anyone going to Otakon 2014? lol
Anime fo lyfe!

Representin' Anime Boston 2014, ACen 2014, and Otakon 2014!!

-----------------------------Help me out if you can! And please share those links around! Arigatou!!---------------------------
Buy Hatsune Miku -Project DIVA- F 2nd [Famitsu DX Pack] (Japan Version) for PlayStation 3 (PS3)>

Hatsune Miku -Project DIVA- F 2nd | Buy Hatsune Miku -Project DIVA- F 2nd (Japan Version) for PlayStation®Vita (PS Vita)>

#2 User is offline   Whodigiya 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 63372

Posted 09 April 2014 - 02:22 PM

I actually live outside of Baltimore and have never ever been to Otakon ever. My first convention was ACen. I really wanted to go to Otakon Vegas and the one this year, but work just keeps getting in the way.
Everything I say is either true or extremely handsome!

#3 User is offline   Shiggitay 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 10 April 2014 - 06:11 AM

View PostWhodigiya, on 09 April 2014 - 02:22 PM, said:

I actually live outside of Baltimore and have never ever been to Otakon ever. My first convention was ACen. I really wanted to go to Otakon Vegas and the one this year, but work just keeps getting in the way.

Haha Well you've got time still before this year's Ota... Put in the time off and go. It's fun, especially since you're basically in its backyard. :) I tend to put in con-time off a year in advance so my work can work around that with me.
Anime fo lyfe!

-----------------------------Help me out if you can! And please share those links around! Arigatou!!---------------------------
Buy Hatsune Miku -Project DIVA- F 2nd [Famitsu DX Pack] (Japan Version) for PlayStation 3 (PS3)>

Hatsune Miku -Project DIVA- F 2nd | Buy Hatsune Miku -Project DIVA- F 2nd (Japan Version) for PlayStation®Vita (PS Vita)>

#4 User is offline   El Ken 

• Guest Relations Section Chief
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Administrator
  • Member No.: 5629

Posted 10 April 2014 - 10:02 AM

I should be there. Always a good time.
Ken Leiding

Guest Relations Section Chief (2011- )

Hotel/Convention Site Relations, Retired (2006-2010)

@kenleiding

「いっぺん死んで見る?」

#5 User is offline   General_Iowa 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Bigfoot
  • Member No.: 62852

Posted 10 April 2014 - 01:38 PM

Otakon 2002 was actually my very first con ever. Still have my badge and a messenger bag I bought there way back when.

I loved it so much that its the reason I still do cons. I would love to go back and revisit Otakon again eventually
Come to rebuildofevangelion.org and join our new and exciting community.

Follow me on Twitter at @NewEvaOrder for all your Eva needs

Come to the Rebuild of Evangelion panels across the country!

#6 User is offline   Shiggitay 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 10 April 2014 - 02:30 PM

View PostGeneral_Iowa, on 10 April 2014 - 01:38 PM, said:

Otakon 2002 was actually my very first con ever. Still have my badge and a messenger bag I bought there way back when.

I loved it so much that its the reason I still do cons. I would love to go back and revisit Otakon again eventually

Do it this year! haha. It's year 21... Otakon is now legal! hahahah
Anime fo lyfe!

#7 User is offline   Whodigiya 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 63372

Posted 10 April 2014 - 02:34 PM

View PostShiggitay, on 10 April 2014 - 06:11 AM, said:

Haha Well you've got time still before this year's Ota... Put in the time off and go. It's fun, especially since you're basically in its backyard. :)/> I tend to put in con-time off a year in advance so my work can work around that with me.

No, you don't understand. It's actually impossible for me to get off work when I go to work. I work on monthly cycles overseas. I really want to go to Otakon, but I'll have to wait for a time when I'm in America for more than three months a year.
Everything I say is either true or extremely handsome!

#8 User is offline   Shiggitay 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 21 April 2014 - 07:58 AM

View PostWhodigiya, on 10 April 2014 - 02:34 PM, said:

No, you don't understand. It's actually impossible for me to get off work when I go to work. I work on monthly cycles overseas. I really want to go to Otakon, but I'll have to wait for a time when I'm in America for more than three months a year.

Oh snap. Where are you stationed right now if not in the US?

View PostEl Ken, on 10 April 2014 - 10:02 AM, said:

I should be there. Always a good time.

Sweet! Are you gonna be an attendee or are you gonna be in the Dealer's Room 'sellng' ACen?

This post has been edited by Shiggitay: 21 April 2014 - 07:59 AM

Anime fo lyfe!

#9 User is offline   El Ken 

• Guest Relations Section Chief
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Administrator
  • Member No.: 5629

Posted 30 June 2014 - 12:45 PM

View PostShiggitay, on 21 April 2014 - 07:58 AM, said:

Sweet! Are you gonna be an attendee or are you gonna be in the Dealer's Room 'sellng' ACen?

Oh poop. I never saw this reply. I'm actually neither. I go as a kind of low-level industry person. I'm mostly hanging around the back areas with staff and other industry (other than when I'm in the dealer's room or alley... or getting some ice cold water out front). I will stop by the ACen booth from time to time, but I'm there for other ACen duties.
Ken Leiding

Guest Relations Section Chief (2011- )

Hotel/Convention Site Relations, Retired (2006-2010)

@kenleiding

「いっぺん死んで見る?」

#10 User is offline   Shiggitay 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 30 June 2014 - 01:02 PM

View PostEl Ken, on 30 June 2014 - 12:45 PM, said:

Oh poop. I never saw this reply. I'm actually neither. I go as a kind of low-level industry person. I'm mostly hanging around the back areas with staff and other industry (other than when I'm in the dealer's room or alley... or getting some ice cold water out front). I will stop by the ACen booth from time to time, but I'm there for other ACen duties.

Haha no worries regarding the response time. I do it too. lol

How would I spot you if I wanted to come say hi?
Anime fo lyfe!

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users