• You cannot reply to this topic

Buying adult-rated items Where to look?

#1 User is offline   Midori-Chan 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 29672

Post icon  Posted 09 April 2014 - 12:21 PM

I know I've seen a few adult anime figures and manga sections in the exhibit hall, but are there specific dealers that I should be on the lookout for? Do I ask if they have any adult items or do I need to show an ID to look in certain sections? I just really want to be able to find some good quality naughty figures and manga this year and I want to be prepared.
~ACen 2014/2015: Princess Peach~
~ACen 2013: Princess Bubblegum/Fionna~

#2 User is offline   Wafflashizzles 

• Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 62412

Posted 09 April 2014 - 04:19 PM

I'm certain there is a seperate section for adult dealers in one of the far ends of the hall. There's usually a good selection of dealers there, I imagine it wouldn't be too hard to find... just look around the edges.

#3 User is offline   linlindesu 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 18292

Posted 09 April 2014 - 06:52 PM

I actually disagree with the above poster, I find that most adult items are sold pretty much willy nilly in the dealer's room ( not that it isn't censored or anything)
Your best bet is probably to look for dealer's with body pillow covers/ bed sheets on display and ask the merchant.
Figure wise, they usually do come with clothes on so just know what you are looking for in that aspect and search any of the figure dealers ( besides good smile etc. as odds are they will not have anything inappropriate) or again, ask around. Most of the time , even if they don't have it, the dealer's will know what you are talking about.

This post has been edited by linlindesu: 09 April 2014 - 06:52 PM

I have a Bookface I have a Bird Sound my snark level is over 9000 : ]
2014 Cosplay (mayhaps?)
Compa- hyperdimension nep nep
Heather- Silent hill 3
Poison Ivy- Batman

#4 User is offline   feuerwerke 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 63062

Posted 09 April 2014 - 07:33 PM

The main dealer that has 18+ stuff, namely doujinshi, is Hen Da Ne. I haven't really seen much in the way of ero figures at ACen, but the figure companies to look out for there are Native and Orchid Seed. Just look for figure dealers selling stuff by those companies. Orchid Seed's stuff isn't all ecchi/ero, but they do make a lot of castoff. Native pretty much only makes ero figures.

Also Wafflashizzles is wrong, there is no designated area for dealers with 18+ material.

This post has been edited by feuerwerke: 09 April 2014 - 07:35 PM

ACen 2014 cosplays
  • Junko Enoshima

#5 User is offline   Voltaire30 

• Exhibit Space DH
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Department Head
  • Member No.: 8053

Posted 11 April 2014 - 05:29 PM

I missed this topic, because it wasn't in the Exhibit Hall section :(

There will be adult themed Exhibitors in the hall, that will sell adult themed material. Since we are a family friendly event, they are not in the first few rows of the Exhibitor portion of the hall. So it will be there, just not right up front (or grouped somewhere in the hall). Posted Image
Exhibit Space Department Manager 2009, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, & 15
Exhibit Space Assistant Manager 2007 & 08

If you have any Questions, Comments, and/or Concerns, Feel Free to Contact us by using one of the emails below.
ArtistAlley@ACen.org - ArtShow@ACen.org - ExhibitHall@ACen.org - ExhibitSpace@ACen.org

Prior Proper Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance & Promotes Premium Productivity
"The optimistic way to look at your own art, performance, or results when someone tells you that you're not good enough, is to think that there's still room to improve. When you believe your artwork, performance, or results are perfect, it's the end of your career."

#6 User is offline   Midori-Chan 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 29672

Posted 13 April 2014 - 11:42 AM

I made a list of the dealers that had 18+ in their descriptions, so I'll make sure to check those. If I don't see any merchandise at first glance, I guess I'll muster up my courage and ask.
~ACen 2014/2015: Princess Peach~
~ACen 2013: Princess Bubblegum/Fionna~

#7 User is offline   Brandonb 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 63369

Posted 02 May 2014 - 05:14 PM

:thumbup: I bought some hot-looking DR yaoi in the dealer room featuring Komaeda and whatshisface at Youmacon last year...

... but it was kind of lacking, tbh :thumbdown: Be careful w/ the doujins, kids! Esp. since some, if not most or all, in the dealer room are already presealed, so you can't get a good preview ahead of time. Of course, that was my first (and possibly last) actual, physical copy of doujinishi or yaoi, so I don't waste $37 at a con often.

#8 User is offline   KnitChick 

• ACen Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: ACen Staff
  • Member No.: 9629

Posted 02 May 2014 - 08:07 PM

Whoops, didn't see this. Moving over to EH now!
Special Needs and Compliance DH for Acen! Come see us in the Hyatt Grand Boardroom!!
Acen 2014: 50s Sailor Mercury, Agent Simmons from S.H.I.E.L.D., Kim Possible, Ghostbuster, frazzled DH
Youmacon 2014: (tentative) Captain Marvelous, Agent Simmons?, Ace from Doctor Who?
Chicago TARDIS 2014: (tentative) Fourth Doctor, Ace

Member of Team GEEK for the Norridge/Harwood Heights Relay for Life! Please join us or donate!
Ninja on the Glomp Team! Member of the Crossplay Alliance! / My blog / My pictures! (Flickr)
Resident Ghostbusters, Doctor Who, Firefly, Quantum Leap, Transformers, Harry Potter, Highlander, Girl Genius, Super Sentai and Nerima Daikon Brothers obsessor!

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users