Anime Central Forums: Long Time Forum Browser/Con Go-er First time poster - Anime Central Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Long Time Forum Browser/Con Go-er First time poster

#1 User is offline   RogueShinobi 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Bigfoot
  • Member No.: 19520

Posted 09 April 2014 - 08:03 AM

Hey all,

I have long be a forum browser (lurker as they are often called) but have never really been one to post on forums. I have been to 3 ACen's and a few other minor cons in the midwest but being the introvert that I am, have never had the nerve to post until now. Hoping to meet some great people and make some awesome friends.

I don't have a cosplay line-up, or know if I will even cosplay yet. But I love photography and taking pictures of cosplays. Badge name is Kage Ryuu and I'll have my Camera with me at all times so I hope to get some great pictures. If I get a picture of you I will gladly give out an e-mail address and then provide a link to where you will be able to download any pictures I take, provided I have the permission to post them. (I make sure people are ok with me posting the pictures)

As I said before I hope to meet some great people who enjoy anime and manga as much as I do and hope to make some friends to last a lifetime.

Happy con-going

Kage Ryuu
"Be you, Be yourself, Let no one change who you are."

"The world is a treacherous place, learn from it, embrace it, make it your own."

Take a look, feel free to comment and leave feedback. Thanks!

Slideshow of a few of my pictures.

#2 User is offline   C2Queen 

• Publication Staff
  • PipPip
  • Group: Forum Staff
  • Member No.: 59630

Posted 09 April 2014 - 11:01 AM

Hello there!

Wow, you have been a forum member for a while now! Glad to see you are getting an interest in posting. I hope you are able to meet some people too! If you come to the convention early (Thursday night), I always suggest hitting up the meet n greet, it's an easy way to meet people without having to be too outgoing. That or just open yourself to posting in more subjects on the forums.

You're a photographer? Cool! Do you have a website or gallery you can link us to? I'd like to see some of your work =]
I'm sure you'll make good friends, I know this con made me some of the best friends I have today.

- Ashley (C2Queen)

Anime Central 2015 Cosplay:
  • Sinon - Sword Art Online II (Gun Gale Online avatar)
  • Rikka - Chuunibyou demo koi ga shitai! (School Uniform)

For general questions & questions about forum registration -- EMAIL US or PM me personally.
PMing me is probably the faster way of receiving a response.

#3 User is offline   RogueShinobi 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip

Posted 09 April 2014 - 11:50 AM

View PostC2Queen, on 09 April 2014 - 11:01 AM, said:

Hello there!

Wow, you have been a forum member for a while now! Glad to see you are getting an interest in posting. I hope you are able to meet some people too! If you come to the convention early (Thursday night), I always suggest hitting up the meet n greet, it's an easy way to meet people without having to be too outgoing. That or just open yourself to posting in more subjects on the forums.

You're a photographer? Cool! Do you have a website or gallery you can link us to? I'd like to see some of your work =]
I'm sure you'll make good friends, I know this con made me some of the best friends I have today.

- Ashley (C2Queen)

I more dabble in photography, don't have any real galleries yet, hoping to get some this ACen. I have been more of a nature scene type of photographer, but I will link a few of the people pictures that I have taken in the next day or so.

I haven't done any accredited photo shoots or anything like that but have taken pictures for family and friends. Most recently my god son's 1st birthday and my trip to japan. Will get a few links up hopefully tonight or tomorrow.

"The world is a treacherous place, learn from it, embrace it, make it your own."

#4 User is offline   Whodigiya 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 63372

Posted 09 April 2014 - 02:17 PM

Hello! Welcome to the social sector of the forum. I also like taking photos at the convention, but more than that I being in a place with so many like-minded people. Good to have you in the crew!

What manga do you read?
Everything I say is either true or extremely handsome!

#5 User is offline   RogueShinobi 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip

Posted 09 April 2014 - 02:33 PM

View PostWhodigiya, on 09 April 2014 - 02:17 PM, said:

Hello! Welcome to the social sector of the forum. I also like taking photos at the convention, but more than that I being in a place with so many like-minded people. Good to have you in the crew!

What manga do you read?

I've read the big three (naruto, bleach, one piece) but I also read smaller titles such as 1/2 prince, air gear, nozoki ana, break blade, etc. I'll read pretty much anything given the chance. I have had and still have trouble getting into titles such as Soul Eater. I don't have a single favorite, but one that stands out is Psyren.

Any good titles feel free to recommend and I'll be sure to look into them.

Thanks for the warm welcome!!!

#6 User is offline   Whodigiya 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 63372

Posted 09 April 2014 - 02:41 PM

I don't get a chance to read a lot of manga, but here's a one-shot that's pretty good: http://v2012.mangapa...no-katachi/c0/1

The first manga I ever bought was "Real Bout High School." I like a lot of the Street Fighter Udon stuff and I have both of the Ryu Final books. I also own pretty much anything associated with Read Or Die. I read Naruto weekly and Baki the Grappler every few months or so.
Everything I say is either true or extremely handsome!

#7 User is offline   RogueShinobi 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip

Posted 09 April 2014 - 04:26 PM

View PostC2Queen, on 09 April 2014 - 11:01 AM, said:

Hello there!

- Ashley (C2Queen)

Just an update, here is a link to some of the photos I have done that turned out quite nice. Some are from when I first started taking photos (my dogs) others are as recent as of February.

Some Pictures I have taken

#8 User is offline   NiqueyDomii 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 59753

Posted 10 April 2014 - 04:24 PM

Hey and welcome!I checked out some of your pics and they look awesome.:) ^_^
Wandering into my wonderland.^___^

#9 User is offline   RogueShinobi 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip

Posted 10 April 2014 - 04:33 PM

View PostNiqueyDomii, on 10 April 2014 - 04:24 PM, said:

Hey and welcome!I checked out some of your pics and they look awesome.:)/> ^_^/>

Thanks!

I'll be taking pics all over. Decided to comply as a hiker from Pokémon. If you see me feel free to say hi.

Any pictures I take I'll upload and post a link on here and also on my Facebook account.

#10 User is offline   C2Queen 

• Publication Staff
  • PipPip

Posted 14 April 2014 - 01:16 PM

You've taken some really nice pictures! Thank you for sharing! Taking photos for con-goers usually helps in making friends, I know it helped me (even if my photos were just fun digital camera pics). Sorry for getting back to you late on this. That's so cool! I'm really jealous. Me and my fiancee want to go to Japan as our Honeymoon after we get married. Hopefully that will happen for us. I noticed several of my friends have already gone this year and it makes me so jealous to see people younger than me even going to Japan. It makes me wonder how they can afford it x__x

What places did you go to in Japan? And what kind of anime do you like?

You decided on being Hiker from Pokemon? Sounds like a cool idea! You going to the Pokemon shoot? I hear they are trying to do the Ultimate Pokedex this year. One of my friends has her koffing cosplay done for it.

For general questions & questions about forum registration -- EMAIL US or PM me personally.

#11 User is offline   RogueShinobi 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip

Posted 14 April 2014 - 01:47 PM

View PostC2Queen, on 14 April 2014 - 01:16 PM, said:

You've taken some really nice pictures! Thank you for sharing! Taking photos for con-goers usually helps in making friends, I know it helped me (even if my photos were just fun digital camera pics). Sorry for getting back to you late on this. That's so cool! I'm really jealous. Me and my fiancee want to go to Japan as our Honeymoon after we get married. Hopefully that will happen for us. I noticed several of my friends have already gone this year and it makes me so jealous to see people younger than me even going to Japan. It makes me wonder how they can afford it x__x

What places did you go to in Japan? And what kind of anime do you like?

You decided on being Hiker from Pokemon? Sounds like a cool idea! You going to the Pokemon shoot? I hear they are trying to do the Ultimate Pokedex this year. One of my friends has her koffing cosplay done for it.

Thanks for looking at my pictures! I really appreciate it.

I was in Kyoto and Tokyo a week in each.

My and my friend started off in the Heart of Kyoto staying at Ryokan Sawaya Honten, its a mixture of a traditional Japanese style hotel and modern. We spent the first day and a half adjusting to the time change and staying close by. After that we ventured out a bit (having the green pass is a good idea for the trip if you plan to visit places farther than a bus ride.) We went to the Fushimi Inari Shrine, Literally Thousands of Torii Gates t owalk through, it has a very calming atmosphere when you go there, but i can also be rather busy as well, we experienced both in a matter of an hour and a half, if you plan on hiking up the mountain be prepared, it is a lot of stairs...we nearly passed out (didn't help that we went during August which is the hottest month of the year there). We also went to Ginkakuji (Silver Temple), Kiyomizudera (Pure Water Temple), Higashiyama (Old world area where you feel like you are in Old world japan, Cobble streets, etc), We also visited quite a few shrines and temples while in Kyoto. 95% of my photos are from the places in Kyoto. It truly is one of the most picturesque places to visit. Also went and walked through Gion has the old world charm as well.

From there we took the Bullet train to Tokyo, where we went to the Tokyo Tower, Tsukiji Fish Market (Largest fish market in Japan), The Tokyo Pokemon Center (went there twice), Tokyo Sky Tree, Akihabara, Shinjuku, & Harajuku. We also went to Shirahama Beach, it was a bit of a train ride from Tokyo but it was worth it. WE stayed in a more modern hotel in Tokyo and there was an amazing Chinese Place right next door.

But any place we went was amazing food wise. The Sushi in Tokyo and Kyoto was to die for. Nothing like having them pull the fish out of the tank, clean it and then serve it right in front of you. (Sorry if anyone is vegetarian)

Japan-Guide is a great place to look at places to visit in Japan.

I planned my trip on my own and saved a bit by not booking through a travel agency. I had a huge list of things I wanted to see and only got through a portion of it, mainly because I had so much fun taking pictures in Kyoto we spent easily a half day at a few places, making it hard to get from one place to another.

I will really watch any type of anime and give it a fair chance, I have tried Soul Eater on multiple occasions and just cannot get through it. I am definitely more of a Martial Arts anime/manga watcher/reader. I Enjoy reading the mangas more than watching mainly because I can escape reality and picture myself in the manga.

That would be awesome to get the ultimate Pokedex. I will more than likely attend the Pokemon shoot, as long as it doesn't conflict with a panel that I want to see. Just now getting the time to look at panels that have been approved and scheduled.

Started putting together what I have and what I need to do the Hiker cosplay and I realized I don't really need much to make it work and look fairly decent to boot. Will actually have two hiker outfits, one green and one orange, might modify to another thing but haven't decided yet.

Koffing was one of my favorite Original Generation Pokemon. Don't ask me why but it just was.

Now that my wall of text is complete, I'd be happy to photograph you and your fiancee, if you want to shoot me a PM and we can see if any times work better, again only if you are interested.

#12 User is offline   C2Queen 

• Publication Staff
  • PipPip

Posted 14 April 2014 - 02:42 PM

No problem! I enjoyed looking at your pictures even if there were only a few. I'm really interested in photography, but never really took enough time to learn about it or had extra funds to buy nice cameras. Cosplay and art are already expensive as it is. Though I did take a few photography courses in school so Im not entirely clueless XD I do really enjoy following some photographer friends of mine and have noticed improvements from them since I've met them.

It's cool to watch people get better and it's always nice just to get to see their pictures from photographing cosplayers, scenery, anything really. They always turn out to be really cool people and I'm always really grateful if they photograph me it lets me be able to have physical pictures of memories from events. I love being photographed and eventually want to put my pictures into a giant scrapbook from my con adventures and friends.

Waa ~ You're super nice to offer. I'm not sure what time he'll be working this year, but I'll have to let you know back. I wouldn't mind! I'm not entirely sure if we'll cosplay much this year, but whether we do or not, I always like having more pictures of us and also enjoy helping photographers/befriending them. To be honest, we don't even have "engagement pictures" even or many pics of us in non cosplay. So I don't mind if we do cosplay pics or non cosplay x3 Our only cosplay together right now is Asuna & Kirito (minus my Rei and his casual Takashi from Highschool of the Dead), but hopefully soon we'll have something new maybe for the summer or end of summer. I can message you more about this.

Don't worry about the wall of text, lol. I'm an avid writer and write more than most people on the entire forums that other people are like YOU DONT NEED TO WRITE A NOVEL xD

Wow *___* Sounds like you hit most of the places we are looking to check out. You also taught me about some places I didn't have any idea about (like the fish market). I only recently found out about Pokemon centers and when I did I was like O______O THEY EXIST! xD

Man, I don't expect anything less from authentic Japanese food restaurants it sounds like heaven. Thanks! That's really helpful. It was nice to hear details about your trip too. How are the beaches? And what hotel did you like better? A more modern one or one more on the traditional side? What are the hotels even like? Are they as big as over here or have much less space?

It's okay, I used to be more of a manga reader back in the day so I completely understand. I mean I kind of still am but after I lost my collection from when I was younger due to family throwing them out >.> I got a little down about collecting again but still have a lot of manga. Sometimes the stories are done better in the manga (Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicle for example) then they are in the anime. Or they just run forever and get annoying after a while lol. Hmmm... would that also include things like Boxing? My brother's been on me about watching Hajime no Ippo. He got me into Hunter x Hunter (2011) and later in they kind of have a lot of martial art type bases for their techniques. It's such an awesome series and not one of those annoying shows where they are just fighting people. The manga is drawn kinda poorly so people usually don't recommend it for it's art, just for it's amazing story XD Though the new 2011 anime is very beautiful and well done.

Well then, you'd probably have fun if you're able to stop by that shoot XD

#13 User is offline   RogueShinobi 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip

Posted 14 April 2014 - 03:02 PM

View PostC2Queen, on 14 April 2014 - 02:42 PM, said:

No problem! I enjoyed looking at your pictures even if there were only a few. I'm really interested in photography, but never really took enough time to learn about it or had extra funds to buy nice cameras. Cosplay and art are already expensive as it is. Though I did take a few photography courses in school so Im not entirely clueless XD I do really enjoy following some photographer friends of mine and have noticed improvements from them since I've met them.

It's cool to watch people get better and it's always nice just to get to see their pictures from photographing cosplayers, scenery, anything really. They always turn out to be really cool people and I'm always really grateful if they photograph me it lets me be able to have physical pictures of memories from events. I love being photographed and eventually want to put my pictures into a giant scrapbook from my con adventures and friends.

Waa ~ You're super nice to offer. I'm not sure what time he'll be working this year, but I'll have to let you know back. I wouldn't mind! I'm not entirely sure if we'll cosplay much this year, but whether we do or not, I always like having more pictures of us and also enjoy helping photographers/befriending them. To be honest, we don't even have "engagement pictures" even or many pics of us in non cosplay. So I don't mind if we do cosplay pics or non cosplay x3 Our only cosplay together right now is Asuna & Kirito (minus my Rei and his casual Takashi from Highschool of the Dead), but hopefully soon we'll have something new maybe for the summer or end of summer. I can message you more about this.

Don't worry about the wall of text, lol. I'm an avid writer and write more than most people on the entire forums that other people are like YOU DONT NEED TO WRITE A NOVEL xD

Wow *___* Sounds like you hit most of the places we are looking to check out. You also taught me about some places I didn't have any idea about (like the fish market). I only recently found out about Pokemon centers and when I did I was like O______O THEY EXIST! xD

Man, I don't expect anything less from authentic Japanese food restaurants it sounds like heaven. Thanks! That's really helpful. It was nice to hear details about your trip too. How are the beaches? And what hotel did you like better? A more modern one or one more on the traditional side? What are the hotels even like? Are they as big as over here or have much less space?

It's okay, I used to be more of a manga reader back in the day so I completely understand. I mean I kind of still am but after I lost my collection from when I was younger due to family throwing them out >.> I got a little down about collecting again but still have a lot of manga. Sometimes the stories are done better in the manga (Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicle for example) then they are in the anime. Or they just run forever and get annoying after a while lol. Hmmm... would that also include things like Boxing? My brother's been on me about watching Hajime no Ippo. He got me into Hunter x Hunter (2011) and later in they kind of have a lot of martial art type bases for their techniques. It's such an awesome series and not one of those annoying shows where they are just fighting people. The manga is drawn kinda poorly so people usually don't recommend it for it's art, just for it's amazing story XD Though the new 2011 anime is very beautiful and well done.

Well then, you'd probably have fun if you're able to stop by that shoot XD

As I have said I have no formal schooling but I love to learn more and more about my camera and have played with a few settings and am working on playing with the aperture now. It has been fun figuring out how to blur some things and make others insanely focused. Still have a long way to go but the challenge is the best part.

The hotels are small for the lack of a better word. I do know the more you pay, the more room you get, but if you are going to be out on the town a lot, a small hotel room is more than adequate. I actually preferred the traditional style, and requested the futon (2 inch thick mat to sleep on on the floor), gave me that feeling like I was living in Historic Japan. Bring a good pair of walking shoes...also if you don't have them gel insoles (if you have flat feet) best money I spent before going there.

The modern ones are just like here just on a smaller scale. The traditional ones, are like the homes you see in the movies, take your shoes off on the tile and walk in your socks or bare feet. Also, if you have slippers make sure to take them off at your room entrance and before you go into the bathroom, they give you a separate pair to use for only the bathroom. The one I mentioned is a mixture of modern and classic, modern with AC, personal Shower/bath (albeit on the small side), basic cable, ect. But the real value of that Ryokan was proximity to the train station and Gion. It was basically a 5 minute walk to the train station. IF you go out to eat, do not be afraid to ask for an english menu, they may have them. Or use the picture menu provided, also if needed you may take the host outside the door and point to what you want (if they have a display of their meals.

I spent 3 years saving up for my trip and camera. That was the only way I could make it work. Planning out a general list of must sees and want to see was a thing I did 6 months before. It helped me get a realistic idea of what I could accomplish. Plan on a days worth of travel there and back and if you are going to go from Kyoto to Tokyo another day worth of travel there, mainly to get checked out, to the train/plane, and to the other hotel and checked in.

I have read a bit of Hajime no Ippo, never got into it but then again never read far enough for characters to develop.

I would be happy to just take a few photos of you and your fiance cosplay or not. I view it as a way to get better and accomplish something as well. I don't have any formal lighting or anything like the big photo studios I use natural lighting to try and capture the best shot. You could say I try to make things look as natural as possible.

#14 User is offline   C2Queen 

• Publication Staff
  • PipPip

Posted 14 April 2014 - 03:28 PM

I'll PM you the continuation of this convo here momentarily so I don't spam up this thread with more personal talk XD Man, I'm learning so much! >w<

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users