Anime Central Forums: Fairy Tail Manga Discusion Thread - Anime Central Forums

Jump to content

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Fairy Tail Manga Discusion Thread Spoiler Warning goes here.

#1 User is offline   Kaay-chan 

  • Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 28448
  • Posts: 645
  • Joined: 23-April 09
  • Location:In front of my computer

Posted 09 April 2014 - 02:17 AM

So I was surprised to discover that there's no discussion thread for Fairy Tail here, so I figured I'd start one.

If you don't want to be spoiled on stuff, turn back now.








I'll give the people who don't want to be spoiled a chance to leave...















OK!




What do you guys think the relationship is between Silver and Gray?

I figure he's either Gray's father, brother, or Gray from the future (kinda like Lucy from the GMG arc), since he seems oddly familiar with Natsu...


And who else foamed at the mouth over the whole thing with Charle and Wendy nearly dying?
Cosplay 2012: Mitsuki Saya (Black Cat), Ryougi Shiki (Kara no Kyoukai)
Cosplay 2013: Ryougi Shiki (Kara no Kyoukai) I didn't have my camera; please send me pictures! ;A;


"A blank piece of paper is God's way of telling us how hard it is to be God."
-Sidney Sheldon



#2 User is offline   shizuka-kun 

  • Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 65164
  • Posts: 55
  • Joined: 14-March 14
  • Location:Northwest Chicagoland

Posted 09 April 2014 - 08:34 PM

I've seen so many theories on Silver on tumblr, but the one I've noticed the most would be that Silver(future Gray) hates Gray because Juvia died in the past because of him. I'm a bit worried about Juvia in this current arc because we haven't seen her since chapter 372.
(◡‿◡✿)
(◕‿◕✿) “What you say 'bout me”
(◕‿◕)ノ✿ “Hold my flower”
✿\(。-_-。) “Kick his butt, baby. I got yo flower."

#3 User is offline   Kaay-chan 

  • Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 28448
  • Posts: 645
  • Joined: 23-April 09
  • Location:In front of my computer

Posted 10 April 2014 - 07:37 PM

View Postshizuka-kun, on 09 April 2014 - 08:34 PM, said:

I've seen so many theories on Silver on tumblr, but the one I've noticed the most would be that Silver(future Gray) hates Gray because Juvia died in the past because of him. I'm a bit worried about Juvia in this current arc because we haven't seen her since chapter 372.


I'm not entirely sure about that, because as hard as I ship Juvia and Gray, I'm not entirely sure where their relationship is in canon.

The situation seems really complicated. On one hand, Silver seems really familiar with Natsu. At the same time, if he was from the the future, wouldn't the demons know who he really was and stuff? Is Silver one of Zeref's demons? Or is he like Minerva? Wouldn't the other Demons know who he was as a human? In which case wouldn't they want to keep him as far away from the FT peeps as possible least he betray them to try and prevent whatever it was that caused him to turn evil and go into the past in the first place?

Maybe we're looking at this from the wrong angle. Maybe Silver is Gray's dad, or something, and his familiarity with Natsu stems from their shared association with Igneel (one being his enemy and the other being his 'son').

And I'm just now noticing the correlation between the names Gray and Silver. Is this Gray changing his name to a metallic version of his name? Or is it a family thing? Did Silver name his sun Gray because it's like silver except not metallic (and therefore not special) and he views Gray as some kind of disappointment?
Cosplay 2012: Mitsuki Saya (Black Cat), Ryougi Shiki (Kara no Kyoukai)
Cosplay 2013: Ryougi Shiki (Kara no Kyoukai) I didn't have my camera; please send me pictures! ;A;


"A blank piece of paper is God's way of telling us how hard it is to be God."
-Sidney Sheldon



#4 User is offline   LoneSilentShadow 

  • Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 62409
  • Posts: 8
  • Joined: 05-May 12

Posted 11 April 2014 - 11:45 AM

would it be at all possible that Silver is Ultear's father? maybe he is angry at Gray because he knows that Ur sacrificed her life for him and that Ultear eventually did too. we do not know who Ur had Ultear with at this point in time either, as Ur raised Ultear as a single mother as far as we are led to believe.

this may possibly explain why Ultear was "kidnapped" as a child to be experimented with and why her magic was so potent that she would master the Arc of Time and more, possibly being part human (and of Ur, potential Wizard Saint) and demon and all. she did reference herself to being wicked and being like a demon or something a lot, especially when she thought about killing Rogue. maybe it was a little figurative foreshadowing?

when they first introduced Silver, he was at what he called a grave too. that might be where Ur sealed Deliora, but he probably didn't know that Lyon moved it away for the Moon Drip ritual. as for knowing Natsu, that might be because Silver is aligned with Tartaros. everyone kind of knew about "Salamander" at the beginning of the story, but everyone hidden in the shadows who also knew about Zeref probably knew about Natsu too.

Zeref knew Natsu before Natsu himself met Zeref, afterall. this might connect to the reason why Natsu couldn't pass that rune that Freed wrote during the Fairy Tail festival arc (stones and everyone at a certain age was not allowed to pass the rune barrier or something?).



#5 User is offline   shizuka-kun 

  • Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 65164
  • Posts: 55
  • Joined: 14-March 14
  • Location:Northwest Chicagoland

Posted 11 April 2014 - 02:46 PM

View PostLoneSilentShadow, on 11 April 2014 - 11:45 AM, said:

would it be at all possible that Silver is Ultear's father? maybe he is angry at Gray because he knows that Ur sacrificed her life for him and that Ultear eventually did too. we do not know who Ur had Ultear with at this point in time either, as Ur raised Ultear as a single mother as far as we are led to believe.

this may possibly explain why Ultear was "kidnapped" as a child to be experimented with and why her magic was so potent that she would master the Arc of Time and more, possibly being part human (and of Ur, potential Wizard Saint) and demon and all. she did reference herself to being wicked and being like a demon or something a lot, especially when she thought about killing Rogue. maybe it was a little figurative foreshadowing?

when they first introduced Silver, he was at what he called a grave too. that might be where Ur sealed Deliora, but he probably didn't know that Lyon moved it away for the Moon Drip ritual. as for knowing Natsu, that might be because Silver is aligned with Tartaros. everyone kind of knew about "Salamander" at the beginning of the story, but everyone hidden in the shadows who also knew about Zeref probably knew about Natsu too.

Zeref knew Natsu before Natsu himself met Zeref, afterall. this might connect to the reason why Natsu couldn't pass that rune that Freed wrote during the Fairy Tail festival arc (stones and everyone at a certain age was not allowed to pass the rune barrier or something?).

If the you are talking about that "Natsu is E.N.D." theory, it was just proven wrong in today's chapter. Ultear's story is over, they wouldn't bring her up more after she died and all. I know that Silver hates Gray but what if Silver made that grave himself to mark the death of his wife and son from Deliora? Deliora is also one of Zeref's demons and Silver is coincidentally a "Demon Slayer". Also, he prefers to be in his human form rather than his demon form, which means he probably was transformed the same was Minerva was. I think Mashima is being the troll that he is and will keep us hanging until maybe after this whole Mira vs Sayla battle going on.
(◡‿◡✿)
(◕‿◕✿) “What you say 'bout me”
(◕‿◕)ノ✿ “Hold my flower”
✿\(。-_-。) “Kick his butt, baby. I got yo flower."

#6 User is offline   Kaay-chan 

  • Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 28448
  • Posts: 645
  • Joined: 23-April 09
  • Location:In front of my computer

Posted 11 April 2014 - 05:54 PM

View Postshizuka-kun, on 11 April 2014 - 02:46 PM, said:

If the you are talking about that "Natsu is E.N.D." theory, it was just proven wrong in today's chapter. Ultear's story is over, they wouldn't bring her up more after she died and all. I know that Silver hates Gray but what if Silver made that grave himself to mark the death of his wife and son from Deliora? Deliora is also one of Zeref's demons and Silver is coincidentally a "Demon Slayer". Also, he prefers to be in his human form rather than his demon form, which means he probably was transformed the same was Minerva was. I think Mashima is being the troll that he is and will keep us hanging until maybe after this whole Mira vs Sayla battle going on.


The thing is, Ultear's story is a part of Gray's story, and that most certainly isn't over.

Along those lines, it's possible that he's Ur's father, and he blames Gray for the deaths of both his daughter and granddaughter.

The only problem with any of those theories is that it doesn't explain Natsu's comments about Silver's smell being like Gray's. It can't be because they both use Ice Magic, otherwise wouldn't Natsu have made the same comment about Lyon? Which brings us back to the question of whether Silver is Gray or just a relative. =/

It doesn't help that we don't actually know which of the members of Tartaros were originally from the Book of Zeref and which ones were manufactured later. =/
Cosplay 2012: Mitsuki Saya (Black Cat), Ryougi Shiki (Kara no Kyoukai)
Cosplay 2013: Ryougi Shiki (Kara no Kyoukai) I didn't have my camera; please send me pictures! ;A;


"A blank piece of paper is God's way of telling us how hard it is to be God."
-Sidney Sheldon



#7 User is offline   LoneSilentShadow 

  • Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 62409
  • Posts: 8
  • Joined: 05-May 12

Posted 11 April 2014 - 09:13 PM

oh man, i forgot the whole smell thing. that explains a lot to me....i haven't been reading into any theories until now, so i thought i would give my input on the situation. i'm not sure if i can make it to the Fairy Tail panel this year either, so i thought i would go through forums to see if anything going on with the series.

but anyway, Natsu doesn't necessarily have to be E.N.D.; he might be along the lines of being created at some point in time too, like Deliora or Lullaby. i don't think Hiro Mashima minds digging people back from the grave either though. i mean, Lisanna was presumed to be dead but was brought back without having much of an impact on the story (no offense to anyone or to Mashima, but any other female character could have actually filled her position so far, besides reuniting with Mirajane or making Elfman obey Sayla so obediently); Hades was killed by Zeref, but then his soul was just used by Frammath or something and even came back to give a message to Natsu and Lucy; even Jellel was supposed to have died but was brought back into the story against oracion seis before the time skip. not that i mind at all either, but he really does keep his characters living one way or another.

i am not sure that Silver was transformed the same way Minerva was though. i mean, yes; he prefers his human form, but Sayla was also able to transform too. she does appear to be a core member of Tartaros; same with Jackal. Ezel started off looking like a monster and...well, became a another of monster. so what i mean to say is that, manufactured or not, everyone in Tartaros is bound to have more than one form. speaking of the guild though, I thought they established that the Nine Demon Gates, or the core members, were originally from the book of Zeref...

#8 User is offline   shizuka-kun 

  • Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 65164
  • Posts: 55
  • Joined: 14-March 14
  • Location:Northwest Chicagoland

Posted 11 April 2014 - 09:31 PM

Yes, Silver is one of the Nine Demon Gates...but he related to Gray in some way. Unless Gray is a demon himself, then I don't believe Silver was created as a demon to begin with. The two most plausible theories would be a relative to Gray or a future version of himself. It makes more sense in multiple ways. Now that I think about it, Mashima wouldn't pull a Future Rogue again and say that Silver is how he is because of Juvia dying. In the Sun Village arc, Gray was able to channel Silver's ice magic. It could mean that the ice sensed the likeness between the two, which is closer to the Future Gray theory.
(◡‿◡✿)
(◕‿◕✿) “What you say 'bout me”
(◕‿◕)ノ✿ “Hold my flower”
✿\(。-_-。) “Kick his butt, baby. I got yo flower."

#9 User is offline   Kaay-chan 

  • Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 28448
  • Posts: 645
  • Joined: 23-April 09
  • Location:In front of my computer

Posted 12 April 2014 - 07:25 PM

View Postshizuka-kun, on 11 April 2014 - 09:31 PM, said:

Yes, Silver is one of the Nine Demon Gates...but he related to Gray in some way. Unless Gray is a demon himself, then I don't believe Silver was created as a demon to begin with. The two most plausible theories would be a relative to Gray or a future version of himself. It makes more sense in multiple ways. Now that I think about it, Mashima wouldn't pull a Future Rogue again and say that Silver is how he is because of Juvia dying. In the Sun Village arc, Gray was able to channel Silver's ice magic. It could mean that the ice sensed the likeness between the two, which is closer to the Future Gray theory.


I was thinking maybe Gray was turned into a demon in the future and then sent into the past, but then there's that whole trust issue that I mentioned before. Also if he was from the future he would have known that Atlas Flame was a dragon and not a demon.

The only reason I REALLY like the Future Gray theory is because, as a writer, it's how I would tie in the relevance of the whole time travel thing from the GMG arc in the first place.

Outside of that, though, I think Silver being Gray's father is less messy and results in fewer plot holes. I mean, do we know anything about where Gray came from? It's been a while since I've read the earlier chapters of the manga, but I seem to remember Gray being on his own before Ur took him under her wing.

Now that I think about it, there are a lot of orphans in Fairy Tail. You've got Natsu, Wendy, Gajeel, Rogue, Sting, and Erza (I'm assuming, because she looked like she was already on her own in the flashback with her and Kagura, and she didn't know/ have a last name), Gray, and probably others that I can't think of off the top of my head. I wonder if there's an actual explanation for that...

This post has been edited by Kaay-chan: 12 April 2014 - 07:26 PM

Cosplay 2012: Mitsuki Saya (Black Cat), Ryougi Shiki (Kara no Kyoukai)
Cosplay 2013: Ryougi Shiki (Kara no Kyoukai) I didn't have my camera; please send me pictures! ;A;


"A blank piece of paper is God's way of telling us how hard it is to be God."
-Sidney Sheldon



#10 User is offline   cactusmomma 

  • Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 3528
  • Posts: 2,144
  • Joined: 06-January 05
  • Location:On the right of Gary, IN

Posted 12 April 2014 - 07:37 PM

I'm just waiting for Jellal to find out what Cell Jr. that one chick did to Erza and go ballistic.

#11 User is offline   Kaay-chan 

  • Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 28448
  • Posts: 645
  • Joined: 23-April 09
  • Location:In front of my computer

Posted 13 April 2014 - 12:12 AM

View Postcactusmomma, on 12 April 2014 - 07:37 PM, said:

I'm just waiting for Jellal to find out what Cell Jr. that one chick did to Erza and go ballistic.


Yes.
Cosplay 2012: Mitsuki Saya (Black Cat), Ryougi Shiki (Kara no Kyoukai)
Cosplay 2013: Ryougi Shiki (Kara no Kyoukai) I didn't have my camera; please send me pictures! ;A;


"A blank piece of paper is God's way of telling us how hard it is to be God."
-Sidney Sheldon



#12 User is offline   Kaay-chan 

  • Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 28448
  • Posts: 645
  • Joined: 23-April 09
  • Location:In front of my computer

Posted 13 April 2014 - 12:31 AM

Actually, I feel like Jellal's the type who, if really and truly PO'd, would just stand there calmly demonstrating why he is superior and should never be crossed, as his enemies scream in agony.

And by "really and truly PO'd" I mean if someone messed with Erza or Milli. Maybe Kagura because of her relation to Simon. And Sho and Wally.

Also, because I couldn't remember Sho's name, I ended up on the Fairy Tail wiki where I was reminded that every single member of the Oracion Seis: Fairy Tail edition *coughcoughRaveMastercough* was a child slave at The Tower of Heaven. Why do I feel like that whole plot point needs to be more significant than it has been thus far, considering the number of victims that are regular/ semi-regular characters in the series?
Cosplay 2012: Mitsuki Saya (Black Cat), Ryougi Shiki (Kara no Kyoukai)
Cosplay 2013: Ryougi Shiki (Kara no Kyoukai) I didn't have my camera; please send me pictures! ;A;


"A blank piece of paper is God's way of telling us how hard it is to be God."
-Sidney Sheldon



#13 User is offline   shizuka-kun 

  • Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 65164
  • Posts: 55
  • Joined: 14-March 14
  • Location:Northwest Chicagoland

Posted 15 July 2014 - 08:22 PM

Well, a LOT has happened in the manga from the latest post. The truth about Silver came out about a month ago, sort of. It's funny how there were all those odd theories and now he's having an identity crisis. Trollshima much?
Hopefully we can revive this thread before the current arc ends. There's tons of topics to converse about and feels to share. (^・ω・^)
(◡‿◡✿)
(◕‿◕✿) “What you say 'bout me”
(◕‿◕)ノ✿ “Hold my flower”
✿\(。-_-。) “Kick his butt, baby. I got yo flower."

#14 User is offline   LoneSilentShadow 

  • Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 62409
  • Posts: 8
  • Joined: 05-May 12

Posted 20 January 2015 - 09:49 PM

Has anyone read the newest chapter yet? I don't want to spoil anything...but I was partially right about Natsu! =O

#15 User is offline   shizuka-kun 

  • Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 65164
  • Posts: 55
  • Joined: 14-March 14
  • Location:Northwest Chicagoland

Posted 22 January 2015 - 09:59 PM

Yes, and that story arc was quite the adventure. What I'm really worried about is Lucy being alone, I don't understand why Natsu would go off on an adventure without taking her along.
(◡‿◡✿)
(◕‿◕✿) “What you say 'bout me”
(◕‿◕)ノ✿ “Hold my flower”
✿\(。-_-。) “Kick his butt, baby. I got yo flower."

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users