Anime Central Forums: What are you looking for this year at ACen? - Anime Central Forums

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

What are you looking for this year at ACen? hopefully some vendors will read the replies!

#31 User is offline   TakahashiAkio 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Bigfoot
  • Member No.: 64793

Posted 14 April 2014 - 05:04 PM

Umm.... Let's see.

-Kpop goods
-Single Pokemon Ex/Full Art cards on the cheap
-A new TCG to play, perhaps a booster box
-Yaoi!!!

.... I'm also looking for something to collect. Maybe something will catch my eye.

This post has been edited by TakahashiAkio: 14 April 2014 - 06:59 PM

#32 User is offline   railas 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 61183

Posted 14 April 2014 - 05:58 PM

View Postfeuerwerke, on 13 April 2014 - 02:25 PM, said:

<br /><br /><br />

It just seems to me like they're afraid to carry anything that isn't licensed in the US because they think not enough people will know about it or something. The first year of ACen after Hetalia got big there was nothing. Not until it got licensed here. Same with Madoka. It even took them a while to catch on that they should bring Touhou stuff. Hopefully there will be some official Kancolle stuff. I need more cute straps and stuff. Also I know a little cup designed to look like the instant repair bucket exists. I want one.

Its true, sometimes it takes them a long time to catch on, and like you say, they assume people only know of the shows licensed in the us, not expecting much interest for anything else. Or worse, they never end up bringing any even though plenty of merch exists. D:
I hope they have Kancolle rubber straps & keychains. >w<

#33 User is offline   feuerwerke 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 63062

Posted 14 April 2014 - 09:06 PM

I will buy essentially anything if it is of the right shipgirl. And since Shimakaze is one of the right shipgirls plenty exists.

Oh also if anyone brings Weiss Schwarz cards, namely Kancolle ones, I will buy.

The ship game has taken over me, someone send help.

(but honestly, vendors, if any of you are reading this, please for the love of all things holy bring the Haibane Renmei artbook please)
ACen 2014 cosplays
  • Junko Enoshima

#34 User is offline   Gabichox 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 59269

Posted 14 April 2014 - 09:50 PM

Donald Duck and Stitch stuff. Or anything cute Disney but mostly of those two.
Also a Donald kigurumi if they have one for not over $100.
And also some Sentimental Circus merch

Other than that, I'll be on a the lookout for a Frau figure, Shinku nendoroid, and anything Brother's Conflict.
I.. I need to save /cries/
ACen 2014 cosplay;
Donald Duck - [Thursday]
Elf - Dragon's Crown [Friday]
Agnès Oblige!Freelancer - Bravely Default [Saturday]

#35 User is offline   dorkatlarge 

• Veteran
  • PipPip
  • Group: Veteran
  • Member No.: 6912

Posted 26 April 2014 - 11:41 AM

I spent quite a bit on DVDs last year, especially out-of-print bargains, and titles like Discotek's "Lupin III: The Mystery of Mamo" which don't get much distribution. This year? Hmm... I don't expect to find an inexpensive copy of "Bunny Drop" TV, but I would like to find one.

View Postfeuerwerke, on 13 April 2014 - 02:25 PM, said:

Hopefully there will be some official Kancolle stuff...

For what it's worth, there will be a Kantai Collection TV series starting during summer 2014. Seems safe to assume that Kancolle merchandise will start increasing later this year.

This post has been edited by dorkatlarge: 26 April 2014 - 11:47 AM

#36 User is offline   shizuka-kun 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 65164

Posted 26 April 2014 - 04:10 PM

I'm hoping to find a vendor that sells figures that aren't super popular like this one somewhere. I don't really trust buying them off of internet anymore, especially with the expensive shipping.

This post has been edited by shizuka-kun: 26 April 2014 - 04:11 PM

(◡‿◡✿)
(◕‿◕✿) “What you say 'bout me”
(◕‿◕)ノ✿ “Hold my flower”
✿\(。-_-。) “Kick his butt, baby. I got yo flower."

#37 User is offline   vicemage 

• Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 10902

Posted 26 April 2014 - 06:38 PM

I'm always on the lookout for any official Fullmetal Alchemist stuff I don't already have. I actually don't buy much more than that; I had way too much stuff when I was buying everything, so I now limit myself to one series to keep the clutter down. In a way, it helps that fewer vendors have stuff every year, actually.

#38 User is offline   i_like_kyos 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 59521

Posted 27 April 2014 - 12:27 PM

A Yoko Kurama action figure. That is my main goal. And the rest of the Teahouse chapters now that I know they are going to be at ACen.

This post has been edited by i_like_kyos: 27 April 2014 - 12:28 PM

It won't do any good to delude myself, because even if the distance between us is less than a touch, it is my destiny that I will never have what I long for.
Mogura to Taiyo- Naono Bohra

#39 User is offline   feuerwerke 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 63062

Posted 27 April 2014 - 11:51 PM

View Postdorkatlarge, on 26 April 2014 - 11:41 AM, said:

I spent quite a bit on DVDs last year, especially out-of-print bargains, and titles like Discotek's "Lupin III: The Mystery of Mamo" which don't get much distribution. This year? Hmm... I don't expect to find an inexpensive copy of "Bunny Drop" TV, but I would like to find one.

For what it's worth, there will be a Kantai Collection TV series starting during summer 2014. Seems safe to assume that Kancolle merchandise will start increasing later this year.

Pffffff Kancolle merchandise doesn't need any boost at all in terms of existing. Just type "Kantai Collection" into the search bar on AmiAmi, the number of results you'll get is absolutely staggering. What I'm talking about is anime con vendors' tendency to not bother to carry merchandise from series that aren't licensed and released in America yet. Since Kancolle isn't even an anime, has no translation, and Westerners aren't even supposed to be able to play it (but we do), it wouldn't surprise me if we see little to nothing of what exists for it merchandise-wise at ACen despite it having a solid following in America. Which is a shame, a little shot glass type thing of the repair bucket exists and I need that in my life.

Also not sure if I even want anime-based merchandise. I'm already well aware of this upcoming series and, though I am looking forward to it, I absolutely hate how Fubuki and Akagi look. Kaga looks delightful, though, so maybe stuff of her.
ACen 2014 cosplays
  • Junko Enoshima

#40 User is offline   Clare 

• Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 62946

Posted 28 April 2014 - 02:53 AM

I spent a lot of money last year in the dealer's hall, and I spent a lot at Kollisioncon in November, so probably not much. Maybe a few small accessories or a cute and cheap plushie if I find one, but I'm not planning on doing a huge haul this year. I do love the exhibit hall regardless, just because it's so big and a very exciting and fun place to look around.
ACen 2012-Roxy Lalonde (Homestuck), Hilda (Pokemon BW), Matyroshka Gumi (Vocaloid)
ACen 2013-Bunny Themed Lolita Coord, Madoka Kaname (Puella Magi Madoka Magica), Fionna the Human (Adventure Time)
ACen 2014-Madoka Kaname (PMMM-100%), Mahiru Koizumi (SDR2-80%), Rei Ayanami (NGE-100%), Possibly Chiaki Nanami (SDR2-100%, borrowing from gf)

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users