Anime Central Forums: What are you looking for this year at ACen? - Anime Central Forums

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

What are you looking for this year at ACen? hopefully some vendors will read the replies!

#1 User is offline   feuerwerke 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 63062

Posted 04 April 2014 - 10:33 AM

I probably should've posted this sooner, but I only thought to do it now, so I'm doing it now. Every year I find myself a tiny bit disappointed with the lack of something or other in the dealers room and I'm sure I'm not the only one. The best way I can think of to try to help this situation is to talk about what I'm looking for publicly. Plus it's just plain fun to talk about con shopping. So here we go.

The big, big thing that I want and am afraid won't be there is merchandise from Kantai Collection (KanColle). My biggest complaint every year is that a lot of vendors don't bring things for shows that aren't licensed in the US yet, even if they do have a big fanbase here. I mean, I still don't see nearly as much Touhou stuff as I should. So KanColle is a pretty likely thing to get ignored. But I want anything I can get from it. Doujinshi, cell phone charms, oppai mousepads, dakimakura, anything. Give me shipgirls. Please.

I'm also looking for something kind of obscure. Volume 2 of the 3 volume long out of print manga called Joan. I have 1 and 3. I just desperately need 2.

I'd also like to buy Girls und Panzer merchandise. Also some other little series that never really got huge but do have merchandise out there, like Yuru Yuri.

If I can find that oppai mousepad that got made of Maou from Maoyuu Maou Yuusha, I will be all over it.

I want to buy yuri. Yuri doujinshi, yuri manga, yuri visual novels, et cetera. Please bring your yuri, vendors who have it!

Reasonably priced figures. There are a lot of figures that I want, and I see them at ACen, but usually for way more than they're worth. I'm talking I know for a fact that I can track that same figure down online and pay a lot less even with shipping calculated in. I would love to buy figures on the spot at con, but not when they're marked up so much. Please stop doing that, guys, figure collectors know their stuff. (note, I'm not talking about figures that actually are rare enough or were expensive enough in the first place to be past the $200 mark, like that one figure of Bridget from Guilty Gear. I'm talking like, figures that just came out a few months ago, were about $80-$90 before shipping, probably like $120 tops with shipping figured in, are still pretty easy to find on AmiAmi preowned or Mandarake or may even still be for sale new, and then a vendor wants like $250 for it. Just. No.) Not going to get into specific figures I want because there are a lot of them. But here's my MFC wishlist: http://myfigurecolle...0&region_free=0

The Haibane Renmei artbook. I will pounce on that so hard the second I see it if anyone brings it, considering I can then get Yoshitoshi aBe to sign it instead of just my copy of DVD volume 4. On that note, any Haibane Renmei merchandise at all whatsoever. Please. Gimme.

Fate/Stay Night stuff. Not Fate/Zero. Fate/Stay Night. (hey doujinshi vendors this particularly includes Saber/Rin yuri doujins just saying)

Weiss Schwarz cards. Particularly the new Japanese Kancolle ones, but individuals from the US Madoka Magica set would be nice, too.

Also these are some things that I know will be there, but it's still fun to talk about:
-I definitely intend to pick up a CD or two from the Hardcore Synergy booth.
-Maaaaybe a new pair of fluffies
-I'm not sure if I'll get any clothes, but I'm definitely going to at least look at h. NAOTO's stuff.

Also in general I'm a sucker for trading figures, phone charms, yuri, and unique merchandise.

What about everyone else?
ACen 2014 cosplays
  • Junko Enoshima

#2 User is offline   rondo 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 9075

Posted 04 April 2014 - 11:08 AM

I'm looking for good weather, good food, good drinks, and good times.

#3 User is offline   feuerwerke 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 04 April 2014 - 11:20 AM

Well yeah so am I but I'm specifically talking about shopping in this thread lol. Hence why I posted it in the exhibit hall forum.
ACen 2014 cosplays
  • Junko Enoshima

#4 User is offline   rondo 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 04 April 2014 - 12:19 PM

Well, let's just say..I'm looking for good deals. :P

#5 User is offline   Washu Takahashi 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 56275

Posted 04 April 2014 - 12:38 PM

I'll definitely be checking out the h.NAOTO booth, since I've gotten something from them the last two years.

I'm addicted to those small scale figurines that are keychains/cell charms. Even though they usually go around 6-9 bucks per charm, I often can't help buying a whole set, or at least a couple xD Venders should really give discounts when you buy that many >< I'd love to find any of Makai Ouji: Devils and Realist, Brothers Conflict, Hakuoki, Kamisama Kiss, and a bunch others that aren't coming immediately to mind xD

I'm also a fan of official artbooks, so I'll be keeping an eye out for them (last year I believe there were two whole booths dedicated to mostly art books, so shouldn't be too difficult.)

And I LOVE the artist's alley. I spend WAY too much time and money over there xD Absolutely love well done prints (I think I got like 20 posters last year), stickers of characters are nice, LOVE me some buttons and keychains. I don't usually go for the "fad of the year" (like when chainmail first came in and same for perler beads), but looking is still fun.

Other than that, I keep a list of manga and anime I own on my phone and see if I can fill in the holes for a decent price ^^
Possible ACen 2015 Plans
Ryuho (Final Armour Version) [s-CRY-ed] 0%
Maki (1, 2, Jump! or Wonderful Rush) [Love Live! School Idol Project] 100% or 0%
Honey Lemon (Battle Version) [Big Hero 6] 10%
Ikuto Tsukiyomi (Black Lynx) [Shugo Chara!] 0%

Add me on Facebook! Washu Takashi Cosplay

#6 User is offline   Summoner Ninja 

• Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 64333

Posted 04 April 2014 - 01:31 PM

I don't usually buy too much at conventions (almost everything is ridiculously overpriced) but there are some things I'd take a look at. I know at a different convention I went to they had a vendor selling older manga volumes at 3 for $5, so I picked up some of the earlier Naruto ones for a present for someone. Cheap manga in general is awesome. Cheap anime DVD season boxsets too, but most of the ones I see at conventions are double the price of what I'd pay online.

Also as far as the artist alley goes, nice artwork that's done in the same style as the source work, while staying strue to the original source. It's hard enough to find stuff from the series I like anyway, but when I do it looks like a drawing of a bad fanfiction, if you know what I mean. That or it's drawn in a very different stlye so that the characters don't really look anime-ish.

Also a variety of cosplay related things would be nice. Most conventions I've been to have had at least 1 wig vendor, but other things like props or actual costumes are hit or miss. I also wish I could find some pretty kimonos, the only ones I've seen at conventions have been plain and ugly. And like you said, cheap anime figures, and also cheap videogames and foodstuffs. Just cheap (or at least reasonably priced) things in general.

This post has been edited by Summoner Ninja: 04 April 2014 - 01:32 PM

#7 User is offline   El Ken 

• Guest Relations Section Chief
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Administrator
  • Member No.: 5629

Posted 04 April 2014 - 01:32 PM

I'll be on the lookout for Winter Comiket only releases from my favorite illustrators and mangaka. I was looking pretty hard at a bunch of Love Live figures in Japan this last time around. Maybe I'll get some if they are a decent price. Oh, prize figures - not the crappy Sega ones. Ones from Banpresto or the like. Nice sets in perfect condition (in the box). Yup. Sure hope I get a chance to get over to the vendor hall this year...
Ken Leiding

Guest Relations Section Chief (2011- )

Hotel/Convention Site Relations, Retired (2006-2010)

@kenleiding

「いっぺん死んで見る?」

#8 User is offline   feuerwerke 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 04 April 2014 - 02:26 PM

View PostEl Ken, on 04 April 2014 - 01:32 PM, said:

I'll be on the lookout for Winter Comiket only releases from my favorite illustrators and mangaka. I was looking pretty hard at a bunch of Love Live figures in Japan this last time around. Maybe I'll get some if they are a decent price. Oh, prize figures - not the crappy Sega ones. Ones from Banpresto or the like. Nice sets in perfect condition (in the box). Yup. Sure hope I get a chance to get over to the vendor hall this year...

Your mention of Winter Comiket reminded me of that lovely wallscroll of Saber Extra that came out then. Doubt if anyone will have it, but if so, do want.
ACen 2014 cosplays
  • Junko Enoshima

#9 User is offline   Cherry 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Bigfoot
  • Member No.: 61587

Posted 04 April 2014 - 03:25 PM

Dear god there's a lot I look for in the dealers room/exhibit hall.
For starters; doujinshi. Specifically R18 since I can buy it myself this time. I'm looking to expland my doujinshi collection, since right now I only have UtaPri in it. If I can get a couple DMMd ones, that'd be great. I doubt there will be Hamatora doujinshi there, but I'll be looking for that, too!
I did get into DMMd recently, so I kinda want a couple DMMd related items. Maybe a phone charm/keychain or two. Since they cost more than jut a couple bucks a pop, I want to get characters I really adore. My friend love Ren from the game itself, thus I want to get her something ren-lated. She says they're pricey because he's popular, but I won't know until I see it!
Last year I saw a stall with those containers where you put money in, turn it, and you get something. I got a Hello Kitty phone charm because of one, so I want to get a couple more Hello Kitty items if possible. uwu
Then anything cute. I am a freak for cute stuff. Last year my ACen goodies were mostly cute related.
I know this is mostly a "what you want to buy", but I am also looking forward to having so many friends around me. A lot of 'em are coming from out of state, and I'm meeting them for the first time! That makes me so excited.

ACen '15
Eren Jaeger (SnK), Edolas Juvia (Fairy Tail),
Machi Cafe Makoto Tachibana (Free!), and Nishinoya Yuu (Haikyuu!!).
Tumblr (pics will be posted here!)

#10 User is offline   KungPowKirby 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Addict
  • Member No.: 53583

Posted 04 April 2014 - 04:14 PM

I actually am not planning on spending a lot of money in dealers this year- which is funny considering I normally do. I'll be looking for the Code Geass box set season 2 - plus a few AKB48 things, specifically Mariko-sama, Miichan, and Kojharu stuff. I'd love to get a few photobooks too.
No Soap = No Waifu Winner of the 2015 "Got Soap" slogan contest. ;)

"If this body is not capable of action, I suggest new leadership is needed. I move for a vote of no confidence in Chancellor Valorum's leadership."- Queen Amidala; Star Wars: Phantom Menace

#11 User is offline   onemokona 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 64172

Posted 04 April 2014 - 08:40 PM

I think I'll be looking for some manga that is hard to find-such as Wish #3 by Clamp and Variante #4. I'll be looking for food as well! :D

#12 User is offline   Fantasia 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 63205

Posted 05 April 2014 - 12:05 PM

well...T-shirts! I know there are a lot of those but hopefully I can find some tees that aren't like 30 bucks a shirt x_x
ACen COSPLAYS 2015:

Giratina

#13 User is offline   dorkatlarge 

• Veteran
  • PipPip
  • Group: Veteran
  • Member No.: 6912

Posted 06 April 2014 - 05:47 PM

View Postrondo, on 04 April 2014 - 11:08 AM, said:

I'm looking for good weather... and good times.

Some things can't be bought and sold. Other things are not available in physical form, such as the second Half Minute Hero game. And there's a few anime-manga related products which I don't expect to see at ACen, such as the Australia region 4 DVDs of Nichijou or Kaiba.

#14 User is offline   z-space 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 62794

Posted 06 April 2014 - 09:42 PM

Vendor room is a big reason I go to ACen and always the first stop I make there. Love seeing the merch in person. Figures aren't always high. Last year I got some ToLOVE-ru figures of Lala and Sarenji in Santa outfits. They were a couple years old and I paid less than original retail for the pair. Lately I've been interested in older or rarer figs found on Mandarake. Tomorrow's mail is bringing a WAVE Arael A-15 XX (part of their Chromosome series of Angels, this one of Rei as Lilith) and recently a lottery exclusive of Momo and a lottery prize figure of Tsukiko from Henneko sitting in a crescent moon.

I usually look for any Type Moon characters.. Saber and Shiki are faves.
Con pix and more at..
flicker.com/photos/z-space

#15 User is offline   rondo 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 07 April 2014 - 06:15 AM

View Postdorkatlarge, on 06 April 2014 - 05:47 PM, said:

Some things can't be bought and sold. Other things are not available in physical form, such as the second Half Minute Hero game. And there's a few anime-manga related products which I don't expect to see at ACen, such as the Australia region 4 DVDs of Nichijou or Kaiba.

Good times..those can most certainly be bought..er, and sold I guess. B)

#16 User is offline   randy r 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 523

Posted 07 April 2014 - 06:30 AM

What am I looking for?

ABe artbooks, angela cds, anything Girls und Panzer or Strike Witches and its spinoffs. Aria artbooks. Anything that catches my fancy.
randy

What, me worry?- Alfred E. Newman

#17 User is offline   waffocopter 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 65188

Posted 07 April 2014 - 10:02 AM

I'll probably be looking for artbooks and figures. Also, anything related to Rewrite. I haven't bought any anime in a while so I'll grab any favorites that I don't already have. I'll probably just ship them all home since I have limited luggage space for the trip home.

#18 User is offline   Midori-Chan 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 29672

Posted 09 April 2014 - 12:12 PM

Not sure if these will be at ACen this year, but I'm hoping to find some new plushies that are releasing soon: Cat Mario and Cat Peach from Super Mario 3D World and Starfire from Teen Titans Go. I'll also be on the lookout for any affordable figures of my favorite characters. =)
~ACen 2014/2015: Princess Peach~
~ACen 2013: Princess Bubblegum/Fionna~

#19 User is offline   slinkysan 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 20384

Posted 09 April 2014 - 02:52 PM

Cute skirts and fancy blouses ^_^
And of course any MLP related stuff from Artists Alley that strikes my fancy.
2013 Cosplays
Friday: Moonstuck Woona
Saturday: Princess Luna

2014 Cosplay
Friday: Rule 63 Big Mac

#20 User is offline   slinkysan 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 20384

Posted 09 April 2014 - 02:52 PM

Cute skirts and fancy blouses ^_^
And of course any MLP related stuff from Artists Alley that strikes my fancy.
2013 Cosplays
Friday: Moonstuck Woona

2014 Cosplay
Friday: Rule 63 Big Mac

#21 User is offline   Raenef 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 64953

Posted 09 April 2014 - 03:18 PM

A new suffed animal panda! (They are getting harder and harder to find.)
Lookin' for some RPG's that only came out in Japan (Then find a patch to English)
A few really old manga's and anime. (And a few that never came out in America)
THAT TRIFORCE NECKLACE THEY SOLD OUT OF LAST YEAR!!!
A panda and an owl onesie thingie.

Mostly obscure little things that can only be found at cons in all. Pins from lesser known anime's and their characters, certain jewlery from anime's, shiny things, panda things, really big shirts I can use for jammies, sharp things, odd things, and just stuff that you can't get anywhere else.

And another big stuffed ruppee that is not purple! ^^
2014 Cosplays
- Canada (Hetalia) (100%)
- Sealand (Hetalia) (100%)
- Neptune (Hyperdemension Neptunia) (87%)
- Blue Link (Legend of Zelda) (98%)

Past Cons
- GenCon (x9), Anime Central (x6), MetroCon (x5), Anime Crossroads (x4), OhayoCon (x1), SugoiCon (x1), AnimeNEXT (x1), (Colossalcon (x1) ( = 28cons)

#22 User is offline   Fantasia 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 63205

Posted 09 April 2014 - 03:41 PM

I wonder if there will be any alpaca plushies there...I have been wanting one of those since 2012
ACen COSPLAYS 2015:

Giratina

#23 User is offline   railas 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 61183

Posted 10 April 2014 - 04:18 PM

I'd really love to see some Pandora Hearts merchandise, I rarely ever see any at conventions. D: My poor neglected love.
Rozen maiden Souseiseki and Suiseiseki keychains/figures.
Attack on titan figures and keychains. I'm guessing probably won't be too hard to find.
Steins Gate Makise Kurisu figure by Good Smile.

As for newer series, I'd love to get some Shimakaze goodies as well as Noragami and Kyokai no Kanata.

#24 User is offline   feuerwerke 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 10 April 2014 - 07:08 PM

View Postrailas, on 10 April 2014 - 04:18 PM, said:

I'd really love to see some Pandora Hearts merchandise, I rarely ever see any at conventions. D: My poor neglected love.
Rozen maiden Souseiseki and Suiseiseki keychains/figures.
Attack on titan figures and keychains. I'm guessing probably won't be too hard to find.
Steins Gate Makise Kurisu figure by Good Smile.

As for newer series, I'd love to get some Shimakaze goodies as well as Noragami and Kyokai no Kanata.

YES fellow Kancolle fan! Hopefully the vendors won't just ignore it because it's not licensed here (and not even anime yet lol)
ACen 2014 cosplays
  • Junko Enoshima

#25 User is offline   JujuFox 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 45794

Posted 10 April 2014 - 08:43 PM

I'll be on the lookout for Pokemon plush/figures that you can't get in the US like the Banpresto UFOs and Pokemon Center stuff. I also want a Kyubey plush, chibi Attack on Titan figures or plush, wall scrolls and posters, and cool apparel like skirts and raver gear.

I'm hoping to find some hair accessories in the AA for my Sunday outfit. We always end up taking home a print or two and butt loads of buttons from the AA, so I expect to find some this year too.
Attending since 2005 ~ Artist Alley '06, '11, '12, '13, & '14

Cosplays 2014: Friday: Ness(female version) Saturday: Chell Sunday: Myself
Cosplays 2013: Friday: Major Motoko Kusanagi(picture) Saturday: Chell(picture) Sunday: Ness(picture)

Check out my shop Geeky Cute Crochet on Etsy!

#26 User is offline   railas 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 61183

Posted 11 April 2014 - 06:22 PM

View Postfeuerwerke, on 10 April 2014 - 07:08 PM, said:

YES fellow Kancolle fan! Hopefully the vendors won't just ignore it because it's not licensed here (and not even anime yet lol)

I sure hope so! Its always a stretch wondering if they are going to have anything from newer series/games.

#27 User is offline   CrimsonAnime 

• Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Obsessed
  • Member No.: 18090

Posted 12 April 2014 - 08:34 PM

I had to make a semi list so I can avoid getting distracted since there is often so much stuff that I see that I like. I am planning to compare prices a bit too so I can get the best deal since a lot of the time the stuff in the dealer's hall can kinda...rip you off if you're not careful.

Anywho - here is my list:

Ceres Celestial Legend Vol 2 +
New vampire princess Miyu Vol. 4
Crimson Spell Vol. 3
Hellsing Vol. 10 (Price to beat - 13.00)
Hellsing Vol. 6 ( Price to beat - 13.00)
YuYu Hakusho DVD Vol. 2 (Price to beat 19.99)
Blood+ dvd Vol 2-4( 12 a piece)
Blood + season part 2 (Price to beat $40)
Tou no Kemono - [beast of the tower]
three wolves mountain
Demon Diary (any issues)
(new) sailor moon figurines

KPOP
- Miss A hush (13.99 + shipping)
- Galaxy SUpernova - ($14.25)
- Love and Peace single+Dvd - ($22.49)

A-Cen 2014 Cosplay (links are of me): Angewomon (Digimon) / Sailor Luna (Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon) / Hikaru (Angelic Layer) /
CURRENTLY SELLING ANIME/MANGA/WALLSCROLLS! PM FOR MORE INFORMATION!
(PHOTOS)A-cen 2013: Pocahontas //// Raven (Teen Titans TV Series)
(PHOTOS)A-cen 2011:Edward Elric //// Anthy (Rose Bride) //// Yoruichi(Shinigami Form) //// Diva(Final Battle)
(PHOTOS)A-cen 2010:Yoruichi(Shinigami Form) //// Saya (Vietnam/Crazy Form) //// Sailor Pluto //// Anthy (Rose Bride)
(PHOTOS)A-cen 2009:Diva(Final Battle) //// Sailor Pluto //// Edward Elric
The Official "Forum Kitten", A Rini Fangirl, TekoMuto fan

#28 User is offline   Raenef 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 64953

Posted 13 April 2014 - 12:56 AM

View PostCrimsonAnime, on 12 April 2014 - 08:34 PM, said:

I had to make a semi list so I can avoid getting distracted since there is often so much stuff that I see that I like. I am planning to compare prices a bit too so I can get the best deal since a lot of the time the stuff in the dealer's hall can kinda...rip you off if you're not careful.

Anywho - here is my list:

Ceres Celestial Legend Vol 2 +
New vampire princess Miyu Vol. 4
Crimson Spell Vol. 3
Hellsing Vol. 10 (Price to beat - 13.00)
Hellsing Vol. 6 ( Price to beat - 13.00)
YuYu Hakusho DVD Vol. 2 (Price to beat 19.99)
Blood+ dvd Vol 2-4( 12 a piece)
Blood + season part 2 (Price to beat $40)
Tou no Kemono - [beast of the tower]
three wolves mountain
Demon Diary (any issues)
(new) sailor moon figurines

KPOP
- Miss A hush (13.99 + shipping)
- Galaxy SUpernova - ($14.25)
- Love and Peace single+Dvd - ($22.49)

Demon Diary! Respect for you! \o/ (I'm just a little obsessed with that one) They do usually have it if you look there the first day.

This post has been edited by Raenef: 13 April 2014 - 12:56 AM

2014 Cosplays
- Canada (Hetalia) (100%)
- Sealand (Hetalia) (100%)
- Neptune (Hyperdemension Neptunia) (87%)
- Blue Link (Legend of Zelda) (98%)

Past Cons
- GenCon (x9), Anime Central (x6), MetroCon (x5), Anime Crossroads (x4), OhayoCon (x1), SugoiCon (x1), AnimeNEXT (x1), (Colossalcon (x1) ( = 28cons)

#29 User is offline   feuerwerke 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 13 April 2014 - 02:25 PM

View Postrailas, on 11 April 2014 - 06:22 PM, said:

<br />I sure hope so! Its always a stretch wondering if they are going to have anything from newer series/games.<br />
<br /><br /><br />

It just seems to me like they're afraid to carry anything that isn't licensed in the US because they think not enough people will know about it or something. The first year of ACen after Hetalia got big there was nothing. Not until it got licensed here. Same with Madoka. It even took them a while to catch on that they should bring Touhou stuff. Hopefully there will be some official Kancolle stuff. I need more cute straps and stuff. Also I know a little cup designed to look like the instant repair bucket exists. I want one.
ACen 2014 cosplays
  • Junko Enoshima

#30 User is offline   MsSilverFox 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 63526

Posted 14 April 2014 - 06:02 AM

I'll be on the lookout for some yuri stuff. I'd love to find some Sakura Trick merchandise. I'll also be looking for AKB0048, Love Live!, Bodacious Space Pirates, Sword Art Online-specifically Lyfa, Yui and Silica and not the adult stuff i've seen of Silica, just the regular version. I'll browse for Strike Witches stuff but I can usually find their items cheaper elsewhere with shipping. I also would love to find Dog Days items and some Nana Mizuki CDs since iTunes doesn't have her on there.
[center]ACen 2014 potential Cosplays
Arf-Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha (Human form)
Hayate-(remaking with better wings and staff)Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha
Erza-Fairy Tail

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users