• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Attendance cap?

#1 User is offline   Xile89 

• Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 16319

Posted 03 April 2014 - 09:46 PM

Hello I have been attending ACen for about half a decade now. I am wondering if they will cap attendance this year? Last year was the least fun I have ever had at ACen. Lines for everything not only that but lines for a bunch of panels I could not get into. Market place line was also pretty out of control. I use to be able to just walk in walk out at my leisure. I am just looking for an answer from someone who is organizing and planning ACen. This may be my last year if its anything like last.

#2 User is offline   Nikku 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 61480

Posted 03 April 2014 - 10:02 PM

agreed,the linecon joke was ringing a bit too true for last year.
ACen 2014 cosplays Hirano kouta-H.O.T.D Sith Lord (maybe?) 2 ton 21, Monarch chief Henchman.

#3 User is offline   MsLovelyCookie 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 57517

Posted 03 April 2014 - 10:31 PM

We are back in the usual hall A. YAY more room. Another event took over the hall last year. It's a good question so far there hasn't been a cap in attendance but I wait for an official word from someone higher up.

This post has been edited by MsLovelyCookie: 03 April 2014 - 10:35 PM

I'm Just A Girl In The World
Take A Good Look At Me
Just Your Typical Prototype...

Registration Staff: 2012-2014

#4 User is offline   Xile89 

• Pip

Posted 03 April 2014 - 10:51 PM

Please keep us posted if you learn anything.

#5 User is offline   Prayer Police 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 11087

Posted 04 April 2014 - 09:27 AM

There should be a cap or, at least, find a bigger convention area.

This post has been edited by Prayer Police: 04 April 2014 - 09:27 AM

^^Post of the Day!!!!^^

FaceBook:Cedric Paul Mamuri DeviantART:PrayerPolice Instagram:PrayerPolice Pinterest:Prayer Police
Twitter:@PrayerPolice XBox gamertag:Prayer Police PS3 account ID:PrayerPolice Steam:Prayer Police

2014 cosplays: Doge......just Doge.

#6 User is offline   El Ken 

• Guest Relations Section Chief
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Administrator
  • Member No.: 5629

Posted 04 April 2014 - 10:27 AM

First, this isn't the right place to post this topic, but I can at least address it properly.

As someone "higher up," I can say for a certainty that there will be no attendance cap this year. Our plan to alleviate congestion and lines is space expansion. We have moved the vast majority of our paneling over to the convention center where we have bigger rooms and hall space to move around. Other than moving back to our normal exhibit hall, there are no space increases there, however. We will monitor that for possible expansion in the future. For main/live events, we experimented with the theatre across the street last year, but it was not available this year. Unfortunately that does mean that there will be considerable congestion around the Grand Ballroom of the Hyatt during big events.

I'm sure there will be a time when we have to cap attendance, but that is not now. We have a lot of space to move into at the convention center (we have only used about 1/4 of the convention hall and 1/3 of the conference space in the past) and the theatre. We will always look to expand space while possible, and that is what we have done for this coming year. Hours of operation in the conference areas has also been expanded.
Ken Leiding

Guest Relations Section Chief (2011- )

Hotel/Convention Site Relations, Retired (2006-2010)

@kenleiding

「いっぺん死んで見る?」

#7 User is offline   Xile89 

• Pip

Posted 05 April 2014 - 04:06 PM

Thanks for a response and sorry if this was not the right place to put the topic just had no idea where to.

#8 User is offline   manga1 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 53231

Posted 29 April 2014 - 01:33 AM

ah indeed there are several parts of the halls in the con center they have not used yet, and there is that cool ballroom thing at the top you have to walk around when you go through certain hampster tunnels to the hotels aka the long way around, and space wise chicago has also other con spaces like mccormick place the largest in the world, but that would be the death of the 24 hour con as downtown is not safe in the dark in certain parts of chicago and the proximity of hotels is not as high, but close to a city that has infact the worlds largest convention center if ever we would run out of space it would be a problem if you outgrew that lol.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users