• You cannot reply to this topic

Hair problem Misa Amane cosplay

#1 User is offline   Twifairy 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 65191

Posted 02 April 2014 - 05:14 PM

I need the two signature half-pigtails Misa has and it's difficult to do so because there are constantly too many flyways.
Does anyone know...
- Where to get small enough hair ties
- How to tame flyaways
-Any good hair products to keep my hair from changing too much through the day (hopefully this won't make it too stiff)

Thanks!

Any other tips you may have are welcomed
ACen 2015 Cosplay-
Saturday: Cinder Fall: 40% done

Anime Midwest 2015 Cosplay-
Friday:Neo (RWBY): 30% done
Sunday:Mikasa Ackerman: 60% done
Progress can be viewed here

#2 User is offline   KungPowKirby 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Addict
  • Member No.: 53583

Posted 02 April 2014 - 06:31 PM

View PostTwifairy, on 02 April 2014 - 05:14 PM, said:

I need the two signature half-pigtails Misa has and it's difficult to do so because there are constantly too many flyways.
Does anyone know...
- Where to get small enough hair ties
- How to tame flyaways
-Any good hair products to keep my hair from changing too much through the day (hopefully this won't make it too stiff)

Thanks!

Any other tips you may have are welcomed

I recommend getting the little rubber bands that people use for hair braids. They are usually found at Walgreens, Walmart etc- but I know you can get them at Sally Hansen if nothing else. As far as fly always without making hair stiff (I'm assuming your using your own hair?) I do a keratin treatment at home - you can get them for 7 day treatments and they make hair really smooth and help make hair look healthier. You can get them at the salon but they cost an arm and a leg. I personally like the organix 7 day one. I do not recommend the tressme one. Then I spray my hair lightly with a hairspray and comb through the problem areas. I'll even use a toothbrush and spray that with hairspray and brush it in the part area. To get the real full look of her ponytails id use some kind of volumizing hair moose. I like the tressme 24 hour body one.

This post has been edited by KungPowKirby: 02 April 2014 - 06:49 PM

"If this body is not capable of action, I suggest new leadership is needed. I move for a vote of no confidence in Chancellor Valorum's leadership."- Queen Amidala; Star Wars: Phantom Menace

#3 User is offline   Twifairy 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 02 April 2014 - 08:30 PM

View PostKungPowKirby, on 02 April 2014 - 06:31 PM, said:

I recommend getting the little rubber bands that people use for hair braids. They are usually found at Walgreens, Walmart etc- but I know you can get them at Sally Hansen if nothing else. As far as fly always without making hair stiff (I'm assuming your using your own hair?) I do a keratin treatment at home - you can get them for 7 day treatments and they make hair really smooth and help make hair look healthier. You can get them at the salon but they cost an arm and a leg. I personally like the organix 7 day one. I do not recommend the tressme one. Then I spray my hair lightly with a hairspray and comb through the problem areas. I'll even use a toothbrush and spray that with hairspray and brush it in the part area. To get the real full look of her ponytails id use some kind of volumizing hair moose. I like the tressme 24 hour body one.

Yes I'm using my own hair. Thanks for the resources on the tiny hair bands! I'm afraid a keratin treatment wouldn't solve my problem and I just wouldn't have the time. My main problem is my hair sort of... Bending and such (there's a word in Korean I know that I don't think the English language actually has, it's difficult to explain) Thanks for the hair mousse idea, I have some somewhere, I'm sure.
ACen 2015 Cosplay-

#4 User is offline   KungPowKirby 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Addict
  • Member No.: 53583

Posted 02 April 2014 - 08:31 PM

View PostTwifairy, on 02 April 2014 - 08:30 PM, said:

Yes I'm using my own hair. Thanks for the resources on the tiny hair bands! I'm afraid a keratin treatment wouldn't solve my problem and I just wouldn't have the time. My main problem is my hair sort of... Bending and such (there's a word in Korean I know that I don't think the English language actually has, it's difficult to explain) Thanks for the hair mousse idea, I have some somewhere, I'm sure.

You mean your hair is wavy?
"If this body is not capable of action, I suggest new leadership is needed. I move for a vote of no confidence in Chancellor Valorum's leadership."- Queen Amidala; Star Wars: Phantom Menace

#5 User is offline   KeySmash 

• Veteran
  • PipPip
  • Group: Veteran
  • Member No.: 58635

Posted 02 April 2014 - 10:17 PM

As a fellow Korean I so get the translation problem. What's the word? I would also recommend a leave in conditioner or a deep conditioner. A shine serum or spray might also help you. Hairspray is awesome as long as you don't over spray :)
Cosplays 2015~
Pyro (TF2)
Hinata Hyuga (Naruto)

#6 User is offline   JujuFox 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 45794

Posted 03 April 2014 - 11:02 AM

You might want to look into hair oil. There are tons of new products you can find at places like Meijer, Target, Walmart, etc. I just was looking the other day and found all sorts of brands that make it made with avacado oil, coconut oil, argan oil, and more. You pump a little into you hands and rub it through your hair. It really helps to tame fly aways.

If your problem is more that your fly aways aren't from dryness or static then maybe try a cream pomade. It will help keep the hair together and smoothed down.

Also, I use a Moroccan Argan oil deep conditioning mask to give my hair some shine and hydration. For deep conditioners I would say you only need to do them once or twice a month.

This post has been edited by JujuFox: 03 April 2014 - 11:02 AM

Attending since 2005 ~ Artist Alley '06, '11, '12, '13, & '14

Cosplays 2014: Friday: Ness(female version) Saturday: Chell Sunday: Myself
Cosplays 2013: Friday: Major Motoko Kusanagi(picture) Saturday: Chell(picture) Sunday: Ness(picture)

Check out my shop Geeky Cute Crochet on Etsy!

#7 User is offline   Twifairy 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 19 April 2014 - 11:15 AM

View PostKeySmash, on 02 April 2014 - 10:17 PM, said:

As a fellow Korean I so get the translation problem. What's the word? I would also recommend a leave in conditioner or a deep conditioner. A shine serum or spray might also help you. Hairspray is awesome as long as you don't over spray :)/>

The word is 뻗쳐//Do you think a leave- in treatment would work?
ACen 2015 Cosplay-

#8 User is offline   KeySmash 

• Veteran
  • PipPip
  • Group: Veteran
  • Member No.: 58635

Posted 27 April 2014 - 12:03 AM

OH! I see what you mean. I agree with Jujufox on getting a hair oil product. I would say that the treatment would help a lot. Just keep taking care of your hair and you'll be good. :) I also agree on going to a salon. Maybe asking the stylist on what they recommend would be helpful to you. Good luck!
Cosplays 2015~
Pyro (TF2)
Hinata Hyuga (Naruto)

#9 User is offline   Twifairy 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 28 April 2014 - 07:15 PM

View PostKeySmash, on 27 April 2014 - 12:03 AM, said:

OH! I see what you mean. I agree with Jujufox on getting a hair oil product. I would say that the treatment would help a lot. Just keep taking care of your hair and you'll be good. :)/> I also agree on going to a salon. Maybe asking the stylist on what they recommend would be helpful to you. Good luck!

Thank you! That helped a lot to have someone be able to understand the word.
ACen 2015 Cosplay-

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users