• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

White Trench/Lab Coat

#1 User is offline   Tyrant103 

• Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 63200

Posted 27 March 2014 - 10:08 PM

I am hoping to cosplay as Mikoto Nakadai from Abaranger this year at ACen. I do not know if his coat is more of a lab or trench coat. Also, where is the best place to buy one online, or rent if buying is too expensive? Same goes for the wig as well. I know of a small costume store in my area but the hours overlap my class schedule at the moment.

This post has been edited by Tyrant103: 27 March 2014 - 10:09 PM

Cosplays in progress for ACen 2014:

Mikoto Nakadai (Bakuryuu Sentai Abranger)

#2 User is offline   Washu Takahashi 

• Veteran
  • PipPip
  • Group: Veteran
  • Member No.: 56275

Posted 27 March 2014 - 11:47 PM

A quick search lead me to this. It's an XL though. If that's not your size, you can easily find similar stuff with a little searching. I just searched "white button down lab coat"
ACen 2014 Schedule
Friday: Meloetta [Pokemon]
Saturday: Umi Ryuuzaki [Magic Knight Rayearth]
Sunday: Sytry Cartwright Demon Attire [Devils and Realist]

Add me on Facebook! Washu Takashi Cosplay

#3 User is offline   KnitChick 

• ACen Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: ACen Staff
  • Member No.: 9629

Posted 28 March 2014 - 01:26 AM

View PostTyrant103, on 27 March 2014 - 10:08 PM, said:

I am hoping to cosplay as Mikoto Nakadai from Abaranger this year at ACen. I do not know if his coat is more of a lab or trench coat. Also, where is the best place to buy one online, or rent if buying is too expensive? Same goes for the wig as well. I know of a small costume store in my area but the hours overlap my class schedule at the moment.

First off - YAY for Sentai cosplayers! :)

Secondly - do a search for lab coats. I found a gray one for my Agent Simmons costume from American Work Apparel, http://www.awawork.com/ - it was $27 with shipping and I got it within 4 days. Mine is a little different style I think.

Otherwise if you're local or in southern Wisconsin - American Science & Surplus, http://www.sciplus.com - has lab coats for under $20.

Best of luck, and try to find me at Acen, I'd love to see your costume! :)
Special Needs and Compliance DH for Acen! Come see us in the Hyatt Grand Boardroom!!
Acen 2014: 50s Sailor Mercury, Agent Simmons from S.H.I.E.L.D., Kim Possible, Ghostbuster, frazzled DH
Youmacon 2014: (tentative) Captain Marvelous, Agent Simmons?, Ace from Doctor Who?
Chicago TARDIS 2014: (tentative) Fourth Doctor, Ace

Member of Team GEEK for the Norridge/Harwood Heights Relay for Life! Please join us or donate!
Ninja on the Glomp Team! Member of the Crossplay Alliance! / My blog / My pictures! (Flickr)
Resident Ghostbusters, Doctor Who, Firefly, Quantum Leap, Transformers, Harry Potter, Highlander, Girl Genius, Super Sentai and Nerima Daikon Brothers obsessor!

#4 User is offline   WatchJessieGo 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 63035

Posted 28 March 2014 - 08:19 AM

http://www.target.co...v_sbox_lab+coat
ACen 2015 cosplay:
Oktavia von Seckendorff (Puella Magi Madoka Magica) - 0% (planning stages)
Fem!Slenderman - 30%
Shirahoshi Hime (One Piece) - 50%

#5 User is offline   Rori 

• PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 4904

Posted 29 March 2014 - 09:49 AM

My husband found a lab coat for a different cosplay at a medical scrubs store. They had a rack of various styles of lab coats and he could try them on to get a better idea of length, collar style, size, etc. It might be worth doing a search just to see if there are any stores like that near you.
あなたが考えているほど世界はひどくないから。
Spam Poison

#6 User is offline   Tyrant103 

• Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 63200

Posted 31 March 2014 - 08:50 AM

View PostWashu Takahashi, on 27 March 2014 - 11:47 PM, said:

A quick search lead me to this. It's an XL though. If that's not your size, you can easily find similar stuff with a little searching. I just searched "white button down lab coat"

That one you found is way too small for me. I'm a couple sizes larger. I will see what I can find though

View PostKnitChick, on 28 March 2014 - 01:26 AM, said:

First off - YAY for Sentai cosplayers! :)/>

Secondly - do a search for lab coats. I found a gray one for my Agent Simmons costume from American Work Apparel, http://www.awawork.com/ - it was $27 with shipping and I got it within 4 days. Mine is a little different style I think.

Otherwise if you're local or in southern Wisconsin - American Science & Surplus, http://www.sciplus.com - has lab coats for under $20.

Best of luck, and try to find me at ACen, I'd love to see your costume! :)/>

I'll check those sites out and see what I can come up with. What will you be cosplaying as (that way I know what to keep an eye out on)

View PostWatchJessieGo, on 28 March 2014 - 08:19 AM, said:

They don't have my proper size

View PostRori, on 29 March 2014 - 09:49 AM, said:

My husband found a lab coat for a different cosplay at a medical scrubs store. They had a rack of various styles of lab coats and he could try them on to get a better idea of length, collar style, size, etc. It might be worth doing a search just to see if there are any stores like that near you.

The college I attend has a med assistant program. Maybe the campus bookstore might carry or could order a lab coat for me?
Cosplays in progress for ACen 2014:

Mikoto Nakadai (Bakuryuu Sentai Abranger)

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users