Anime Central Forums: Gathering Schedule - Final Countdown - Anime Central Forums

• 4 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Gathering Schedule - Final Countdown

#61 User is offline   KungPowKirby 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Addict
  • Member No.: 53583

Posted 04 April 2014 - 04:54 PM

View Postmypirateyromance, on 04 April 2014 - 04:49 PM, said:

Hmm, okay. But someone had to submit a request, which includes contact information, right? I was wondering if there was any way to access that information, but in retrospect that's a silly question because you probably don't want to give out peoples' contact info without their permission.

My guess is she put ones that would be wanting a photoshoot on the schedule- even if there isn't a request for them.
No Soap = No Waifu Winner of the 2015 "Got Soap" slogan contest. ;)

"If this body is not capable of action, I suggest new leadership is needed. I move for a vote of no confidence in Chancellor Valorum's leadership."- Queen Amidala; Star Wars: Phantom Menace

#62 User is offline   mypirateyromance 

• Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 29999

Posted 04 April 2014 - 04:56 PM

View PostKungPowKirby, on 04 April 2014 - 04:54 PM, said:

My guess is she put ones that would be wanting a photoshoot on the schedule- even if there isn't a request for them.

Ah, okay. The gathering I'm interested in (Majin Tantei Nogami Neuro) is not a very popular anime so I don't know if that's the case (and, for example, I submitted a request for the Bioshock gathering without making a thread because I already know a lot of the people involved on fb). Part of it is I'm really excited that someone else actually still cares about that show, so I wanted to know what they're planning on cosplaying.

Either way, it's no big deal and I highly doubt they'd give out peoples' contact info without their consent (nor would I want them to).

#63 User is offline   haro 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 8437

Posted 05 April 2014 - 02:36 AM

Oh darn, any possible way to squeeze in a Samurai Flamenco shoot on Sunday afternoon? I thought the deadline was the seventh of April for some reason.

(A little disappointed that the Slayers gathering is on the one day my group isn't cosplaying Slayers, and during our Sunday panel to boot, but them's the breaks I guess. ;) )
~Kelly
--Part of the Kenshin's Pants Productions Troupe--
ACen Cosplays:
Amelia wil Tesla Saillune- The Slayers
Maya Mari- Samurai Flamenco

#64 User is offline   Voxx 

• Iron Chef
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Iron Chef
  • Member No.: 16994

Posted 05 April 2014 - 03:53 AM

View Postmypirateyromance, on 04 April 2014 - 04:56 PM, said:

Ah, okay. The gathering I'm interested in (Majin Tantei Nogami Neuro) is not a very popular anime so I don't know if that's the case (and, for example, I submitted a request for the Bioshock gathering without making a thread because I already know a lot of the people involved on fb). Part of it is I'm really excited that someone else actually still cares about that show, so I wanted to know what they're planning on cosplaying.

Either way, it's no big deal and I highly doubt they'd give out peoples' contact info without their consent (nor would I want them to).

(*High fives*) Just had to say that I did MTNN about 6 years ago ^.^;; I still love it. I hope to see you at ACen! <3 I dont think we had an official gathering either back then.

And thank you cactusmomma for scheduling all of these gatherings and trying to accommodate for tons of different groups :)

I do have a question... Where are the ballrooms located for rain backup as well as the Doctor Who group?

This post has been edited by Voxx: 05 April 2014 - 03:58 AM

Allons-y Sugar Pea!

#65 User is offline   Midori-Chan 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 29672

Posted 05 April 2014 - 08:19 AM

How do you get to the ballrooms? I think I read that they were in the convention center, but I don't know where to go. Also, could you please tell me where 1F Back Wall is? I just wanna know how to get to the rain locations if the weather isn't nice.
~ACen 2014/2015: Princess Peach~
~ACen 2013: Princess Bubblegum/Fionna~

#66 User is offline   ShirorinYuki 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 61722

Posted 05 April 2014 - 03:01 PM

I'm using last year's gathering post as a reference for directions ^^
http://www.ACen.org/...the-first-post/

#67 User is offline   DeltaSierra41 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 62592

Posted 06 April 2014 - 10:49 AM

View Postcactusmomma, on 03 April 2014 - 04:52 PM, said:

Delta: Got it moved a bit more to give you guys time to get over from the con center.

jawsome! Thank you so much for the work you've put into the scheduling :) I truly appreciate it!
12 years in prison... One moment of light.
Once the sun has risen, let it burn my plight.

#68 User is offline   ArtxIsxAxBlast 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 16443

Posted 06 April 2014 - 10:52 AM

my only suggestion now is to put the locations since idk if alot of people know where the ballroom is. especially since it was closed off last year.
Check out--
Cosplay Photography | Tumblr

ACen 2014 Cosplays
Leon Kuwata(DR), Nonon Jakuzure(KLK), Rufioh Nitram

Wanna be a part of the Dangan Ronpa panel at ACen? Please visit the event page for details on auditioning!

#69 User is offline   Fantasia 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 63205

Posted 06 April 2014 - 11:29 AM

View PostSailorDannimonCosplay, on 03 April 2014 - 06:23 AM, said:

Who ever came up with this schedule must be on crack or meth.

don't be freaking rude.

and cactusmomma, once again you have done a fantastic job.
you deserve a good old pat on the back, a hot bath, and some tea or coffee.

This post has been edited by Fantasia: 06 April 2014 - 11:40 AM

ACen COSPLAYS 2015:

Giratina

#70 User is offline   GITS SAC Motoko 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 19048

Posted 06 April 2014 - 02:09 PM

The Ghost in the Shell gathering is perfect! Thank you for your hard work cactusmomma!!! ^_^
Motoko Kusanagi is mah womanz. ;3 HEEEEYYYY SEXY MOTOKO OP OP OP OPPAN MOTOKO STYLE
Cosplay for ACen 2013: Major Motoko Kusanagi--Ghost in the Shell S.A.C. 2nd GIG, Lucy--Elfen Lied, episode 1 "outfit' ;3 and perhaps an additional. Maaaaaybe :3
Cosplay for ACen 2010, 2011, 2012: Major Motoko Kusanagi--Ghost in the Shell: S.A.C. 2nd GIG

#71 User is offline   MetalGravy 

• Veteran
  • PipPip
  • Group: Veteran
  • Member No.: 1562

Posted 06 April 2014 - 03:18 PM

This schedule is a work-in-progress, correct? I distinctly remember there being a request for Soul Eater (and see it on the list), but don't see a slot for it. If possible could we get a Saturday slot?

Thanks.
I am a vampire! I am a zombie! I AM A VAMBIE!!! I CANNOT BE STOPPED!

-Deadite Morbius, Marvel Zombies 3.4.

Pirates>ninja's Faile and her Vagrants are nothing!!!!! YARRRRR!

#72 User is offline   Washu Takahashi 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 56275

Posted 06 April 2014 - 03:36 PM

Am I being really stupid and not seeing it or did Pokemon get removed from the Friday shoots? o.o I hope not, can't make Saturday since I promised to help with the CLAMP shoot ><

EDIT: Being stupid it would seem! Missed it the first five times I looked since it was earlier before so I wan't expecting it to be right before the black box of doom xD

This post has been edited by Washu Takahashi: 06 April 2014 - 03:38 PM

ACen 2015 Plans
Maki (1, 2, Jump! or Wonderful Rush) [Love Live! School Idol Project] 100% or 0%
Honey Lemon (Battle Version) [Big Hero 6] 30%
Ikuto Tsukiyomi (Black Lynx) [Shugo Chara!] 0%

Moved to 2016: Ryuho (Final Armour Version) [s-CRY-ed] 0%

Add me on Facebook! Washu Takashi Cosplay

#73 User is offline   haro 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 8437

Posted 06 April 2014 - 03:36 PM

Thanks so much for adding Samurai Flamenco in! That's really great of you.

(And also for moving the Slayers photoshoot. Ignore the previous note about the time issue.)

This post has been edited by haro: 06 April 2014 - 07:55 PM

~Kelly
--Part of the Kenshin's Pants Productions Troupe--
ACen Cosplays:
Amelia wil Tesla Saillune- The Slayers
Maya Mari- Samurai Flamenco

#74 User is offline   Fantasia 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 63205

Posted 06 April 2014 - 04:58 PM

View PostMetalGravy, on 06 April 2014 - 03:18 PM, said:

This schedule is a work-in-progress, correct? I distinctly remember there being a request for Soul Eater (and see it on the list), but don't see a slot for it. If possible could we get a Saturday slot?

Thanks.

I had a hard time finding it but it's on the saturday spot in the morning hours.

also, I was told that the soul eater shoot was going to be FRIDAY and not saturday.
I'm confused about that.
ACen COSPLAYS 2015:

Giratina

#75 User is offline   MetalGravy 

• Veteran
  • PipPip
  • Group: Veteran
  • Member No.: 1562

Posted 06 April 2014 - 09:03 PM

View PostFantasia, on 06 April 2014 - 04:58 PM, said:

I had a hard time finding it but it's on the saturday spot in the morning hours.

also, I was told that the soul eater shoot was going to be FRIDAY and not saturday.
I'm confused about that.

Ah, 11:30 - Outdoor Wall. Thanks.
I am a vampire! I am a zombie! I AM A VAMBIE!!! I CANNOT BE STOPPED!

-Deadite Morbius, Marvel Zombies 3.4.

Pirates>ninja's Faile and her Vagrants are nothing!!!!! YARRRRR!

#76 User is offline   mypirateyromance 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 29999

Posted 07 April 2014 - 10:53 AM

View PostVoxx, on 05 April 2014 - 03:53 AM, said:

(*High fives*) Just had to say that I did MTNN about 6 years ago ^.^;; I still love it. I hope to see you at ACen! <3 I dont think we had an official gathering either back then.

And thank you cactusmomma for scheduling all of these gatherings and trying to accommodate for tons of different groups :)/>

I do have a question... Where are the ballrooms located for rain backup as well as the Doctor Who group?

Oh man, too bad I missed you then! That show has such a special place in my heart.

I don't actually have a MTNN cosplay planned, but if there's a gathering I might throw one together :0

#77 User is offline   cactusmomma 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 3528

Posted 09 April 2014 - 04:18 AM

I hope and pray and have fingers crossed that this is the last edit of the schedule. With the Final Fantasy concert's times out, I had to make a couple changes, so please look one more time!

For all your patience, have a procrastination tax as my sincerest apology and thanks for bearing with us!

#78 User is offline   Jos 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 64919

Posted 09 April 2014 - 07:17 AM

Yay! I can make the Wolf's Rain one now! THANK YOUUU <3 your the best cactusmomma!

#79 User is offline   Summoner Ninja 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 64333

Posted 09 April 2014 - 10:23 AM

Every time I hear the schedule changed I get my hopes up the Tales of gathering moved to a different day...and every time I look it's still right where it always was. :( It makes me sad because there was no talk in the thread of when would be the best day and time to hold the gathering; it seems like whoever submitted it just kind of decided at random. It'd be one thing if I was outvoted and that time simply worked better for more people, but not even getting a vote/voice/choice is sort of fustrating.

Please don't take this as a rant at the person/people making the schedule, as that's not my intention. It's a rant at people/shoot leaders who arbitrarily decide gathering times without cosulting the other cosplayers from the series (all it would take is one forum post to get an idea of what works best for everyone).

#80 User is offline   Washu Takahashi 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip

Posted 10 April 2014 - 03:02 AM

Thank you so much for putting so much time and effort into this! I know the shoot I'm co-running sent a request for a change when we noticed it nearly overlapped the panel, and I'm sure you're getting a million requests like that. Your patience for us insane people is amazing.
ACen 2015 Plans
Maki (1, 2, Jump! or Wonderful Rush) [Love Live! School Idol Project] 100% or 0%

#81 User is offline   cactusmomma 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 10 April 2014 - 03:07 AM

I'm just waiting for an answer on one major gathering right now from my DH, so I'm hoping it shouldn't be too terribly long before putting it back up. If you guys do need to get ahold of me for anything, I have my tumblr up for asks and cosplay help, pretty much all waking hours right now!

Washu: Is it the CLAMP panel/gathering? If so, talk to Fire. I messaged her already about it.

#82 User is offline   Washu Takahashi 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip

Posted 10 April 2014 - 03:12 AM

cactus: That'd be the one. I'll be sure to get in touch with her whenever she wakes up xD I didn't mean to waste your time in here asking, which is why I didn't specify which one, haha. Either way, still thankful for you putting this together. Imagine how scary it'd be if the congoers tried to do it themselves...*shudder*
ACen 2015 Plans

#83 User is offline   cactusmomma 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 10 April 2014 - 04:10 AM

I hope I won't be having to break up any physical fights over gathering space this year, while half in costume. :) (True story.) (I love you guys. This is why we're trying to make sure the leader position is filled and everyone knows where stuff is and uncrowded and everyone plays nice. Half-naked me out of breath trying to see what is going on is nothing anyone needs to see. <3)

#84 User is offline   firestixian 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 62041

Posted 11 April 2014 - 07:42 PM

I posted in the "Stuff to Know" thread a few days ago but maybe it'd better to post here? I'm hosting the Hetalia gathering and noticed that it was set in a location near the smoking area and I was just concerned about how close that may be as I have some asthma issues and really shouldn't be near a lot of smoke. If the smoking area is particularly close, is there a way we can trade locations? I'm sorry to have to ask ^^' Thank you for putting all the hard work into organizing everything!

This post has been edited by firestixian: 11 April 2014 - 07:43 PM

ACen 2014 (subject to change)
Friday - TBA • Saturday - Maid!Hungary (APH) / Kiki (Ghibli) • Sunday - Genderbent Glenn Rhee (TWD)

2014 Con Schedule
Uchi • Walker Stalker • C2E2 • ACen • JAFAX • SoyCon • Anime Midwest • Dashcon?? • Wiz World CC • Flashback Weekend • Con Alt Delete • Kollision

[Hetalia Meetups Chicago Facebook group]

#85 User is offline   cactusmomma 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 11 April 2014 - 10:00 PM

I'm trying to see if we can kindly work out with the smokers to keep to the side. I know they are welcome to share the same public space as we are, but it is also pretty cruddy to be walking right through that. Definitely working on something to make everyone comfy and happy with it right now though.

#86 User is offline   Kiryuu Mikage 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 64153

Posted 12 April 2014 - 09:07 AM

Cactusmomma, thank you so much about the Uta no Prince-sama time change! I actually have another request. Nitro + CHiRAL gathering and DRAMAtical Murder panel is overlapping(Nitro + CHiRAL includes DRAMAtical Murder series). Is it possible to move the gathering time from 11:00pm to 10:00pm instead? Thank you.
Seragaki Aoba (DRAMAtical Murder)
Kurosaki Ranmaru (Uta no Prince-sama)
Tachibana Makoto (Free!)
Alibaba Saluja (Magi: Labyrinth of Magic)
Niou Masaharu (Prince of Tennis)
???(Still deciding) (Haikyuu!)

#87 User is offline   roguegirl9929 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 28382

Posted 18 April 2014 - 09:54 PM

If there's any chance in Hell could we move the Bleach photoshoot time? I am cosplay from Black Butler and Bleach and there's no way I can change in time. If not I understand but I figured I'd ask. Thank you!
Your mother plays card games in HELL!

#88 User is offline   Yui Yume 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 58859

Posted 19 April 2014 - 05:36 AM

Is there A PDF file for the gatherings? Also will ACen be doing GuideBook App this year. Last few years it came in handy, mainly for any updates during the CON

#89 User is offline   cactusmomma 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 28 April 2014 - 01:41 PM

Keeping this short since the laptop I'm on is older than the good Lord himself.

Guidebook: yes.

PDF: On Thursday, yes.

Everything else: Thursday, May 1. All changes. Have things from El Ken. Will have final answers from DH. Final everything.

#90 User is offline   General_Iowa 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Bigfoot
  • Member No.: 62852

Posted 28 April 2014 - 05:09 PM

Does that include main programming, cosplay, panels, everything for all of us to be able to figure out things boss man?
Come to rebuildofevangelion.org and join our new and exciting community.

Follow me on Twitter at @NewEvaOrder for all your Eva needs

Come to the Rebuild of Evangelion panels across the country!

• 4 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users