• You cannot reply to this topic

Reika

#1 User is offline   XxNightrayLovexX 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 63359

Posted 25 March 2014 - 09:44 PM

Reika is an acclaimed cosplayer known throughout the world for her talents. She has been to cons practically everywhere, including the U.S.. She's probably busy traveling every which way for cons, though it would be nice if she could come to ACen. Perhaps not this year, but next year is always a possibility :)
"Although I’m weak and full of flaws, I will never stop moving forward. No matter who I am, no other than myself will create my own existence. No matter what others may think or feel, I will still move forward as myself.” - Oz Vessalius <3

~ACen 2013/2014 Cosplay~
Kuroko Tetsuya (KnB) and Ryuuko Matoi (Kill la Kill)

~ACen 2015 Cosplay~
Ryuuko Matoi (Kill la Kill); Kuroko Tetsuya (Kuroko no Basuke); Kuroo Tetsurou and/or Kotaro Bokuto (Haikyuu!!); Shinkai Hayato and/or Arakita Yasutomo (Yowamushi Pedal)

#2 User is offline   evaunit01berserk 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 32255

Posted 26 March 2014 - 02:26 AM

Why do I have the funniest feeling that all the sudden reika requests started when she cosplayed Levi?
Need a room? We find rooms.
Throw in a request and we will scour the web

#3 User is offline   Crimson613 

• Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 63947

Posted 26 March 2014 - 10:11 AM

Yes! Bring Reika to ACen next year <3 (since it's rather late now...)
Went to see her at Texas this month but it would be so much more fun at ACen (because I feel more comfortable here)!
Anime-Zap Jan 3-5
Anime Matsuri March 14-16

Anime Central May 16-18
Anime Midwest July 4-6
OtaKon Aug. 8-10
Yaoi-con Sept. 12-14

#4 User is offline   C2Queen 

• Publication Staff
  • PipPip
  • Group: Forum Staff
  • Member No.: 59630

Posted 26 March 2014 - 01:41 PM

I really don't like to burst people's bubbles T__T but you should check out this thread (5th post down) where El Ken (in charge of guests) explains his view on Cosplay Guests ---> Click Here

I'd like to see a cosplay guest or two, but I also think that is what makes ACEN unique, that they generally stick to voice actors and international guests (bands, artists, voice actors) as well as some unique guests who either do chalk art for the con, teach you things/host panels, and stuff like that. Though... sometimes you do get some cosplay or abridging guests as vendors (Yaya Han was one last year, and I believe Little Kuriboh was one two years ago). As much as I'd also like to see Reika I think Reika is somewhat unlikely unless she's willing to teach people about her cosplay and host a panel or event or something. Which I find is actually good for ACEN to do cause otherwise you invite people and pay them just to be models practically. I mean it's good for increasing your attendees for a guest someone would like to see, but I think ACEN is more focused on non-cosplay guests since they are technically just fans who model characters (which isn't a bad thing). Reika's got some great makeup skills and backhistory and is cosplay famous and if she can put it to use and run something at the con I'm sure they'd be willing to invite her, otherwise probably not. Sorry u.u

Upcoming Cosplay: Sinon from Sword Art Online: II / Gun Gale Online
My Upcoming Cons/Events (2015): Kitsune-Kon, Anime Central, Colossalcon, Ramencon
Recently Attended (2014): Anime Central, Colossalcon, Ramencon

For general questions & questions about forum registration -- EMAIL US.

#5 User is offline   Crimson613 

• Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 63947

Posted 03 May 2014 - 10:45 PM

View PostC2Queen, on 26 March 2014 - 01:41 PM, said:

I really don't like to burst people's bubbles T__T but you should check out this thread (5th post down) where El Ken (in charge of guests) explains his view on Cosplay Guests ---> Click Here

I'd like to see a cosplay guest or two, but I also think that is what makes ACen unique, that they generally stick to voice actors and international guests (bands, artists, voice actors) as well as some unique guests who either do chalk art for the con, teach you things/host panels, and stuff like that. Though... sometimes you do get some cosplay or abridging guests as vendors (Yaya Han was one last year, and I believe Little Kuriboh was one two years ago). As much as I'd also like to see Reika I think Reika is somewhat unlikely unless she's willing to teach people about her cosplay and host a panel or event or something. Which I find is actually good for ACen to do cause otherwise you invite people and pay them just to be models practically. I mean it's good for increasing your attendees for a guest someone would like to see, but I think ACen is more focused on non-cosplay guests since they are technically just fans who model characters (which isn't a bad thing). Reika's got some great makeup skills and backhistory and is cosplay famous and if she can put it to use and run something at the con I'm sure they'd be willing to invite her, otherwise probably not. Sorry u.u

Haha, I would LOVE if she did something like that!!
I've seen videos where she does that at other cons and she has a translator (etc)
Was hoping that she would be doing something like that at Matsuri but alas, no T___T
Maybe one day, at one con...somewhere that I can travel to and afford xD
Anime-Zap Jan 3-5
Anime Matsuri March 14-16

Anime Central May 16-18
Anime Midwest July 4-6
OtaKon Aug. 8-10
Yaoi-con Sept. 12-14

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users