• This topic is locked

Badge problem: Help please! badges, pre registered

#1 User is offline   Rinkuchan 

• Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 6347

Posted 24 March 2014 - 03:01 PM

Hi,
so I have a friend who was planning to come with me at the convention this year. She managed to pre register for a full badge, however something came up at the beginning of the year and she is unable to come now. I know it's not allowed for us to lend badges to others, so if I did invite a friend to replace, is there a possible way for us to re register on a new holder without refunding or paying again? I asked her personally if she would give it up for someone and she said yes.

#2 User is offline   KungPowKirby 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Addict
  • Member No.: 53583

Posted 24 March 2014 - 03:48 PM

Badges are non refundable or transferable. There's no way for anyone other than the initial person who purchased the badge to use it. the reason is badges are memberships not tickets. (Not staff anymore- but I used to be. You can refer to their FAQ for more info. http://www.ACen.org/...egistration-faq)
"If this body is not capable of action, I suggest new leadership is needed. I move for a vote of no confidence in Chancellor Valorum's leadership."- Queen Amidala; Star Wars: Phantom Menace

#3 User is offline   KnitChick 

• ACen Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: ACen Staff
  • Member No.: 9629

Posted 28 March 2014 - 01:03 AM

Moving this over to Registration for their official word.
Special Needs and Compliance DH for Acen! Come see us in the Hyatt Grand Boardroom!!
Acen 2014: 50s Sailor Mercury, Agent Simmons from S.H.I.E.L.D., Kim Possible, Ghostbuster, frazzled DH
Youmacon 2014: (tentative) Captain Marvelous, Agent Simmons?, Ace from Doctor Who?
Chicago TARDIS 2014: (tentative) Fourth Doctor, Ace

Member of Team GEEK for the Norridge/Harwood Heights Relay for Life! Please join us or donate!
Ninja on the Glomp Team! Member of the Crossplay Alliance! / My blog / My pictures! (Flickr)
Resident Ghostbusters, Doctor Who, Firefly, Quantum Leap, Transformers, Harry Potter, Highlander, Girl Genius, Super Sentai and Nerima Daikon Brothers obsessor!

#4 User is offline   wolfedragon 

• Registration DH
  • PipPip
  • Group: Department Head
  • Member No.: 21692

Posted 28 March 2014 - 06:08 PM

View PostRinkuchan, on 24 March 2014 - 03:01 PM, said:

Hi,
so I have a friend who was planning to come with me at the convention this year. She managed to pre register for a full badge, however something came up at the beginning of the year and she is unable to come now. I know it's not allowed for us to lend badges to others, so if I did invite a friend to replace, is there a possible way for us to re register on a new holder without refunding or paying again? I asked her personally if she would give it up for someone and she said yes.

Hi Rinkuchan,

Please have your friend contact us at registration@ACen.org.

Melanie Gillies
Assistant Department Head of Registration
Questions about Registration? Email us at registration@ACen.org

Attendee 2008-2009
Registration Staff 2010
Assistant Department Head of Registration 2011-2014
Department Head of Registration 2015

"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons - for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup"

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users