• You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

No quite disabled but.....

#1 User is offline   rcallewaert 

• Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 61013

Posted 19 March 2014 - 12:25 AM

Was hoping to get a response here; what if I'm injured(I fall under the can't walk or stand for extended periods of time), but I'm not on disability or anything? Should I just bring a doctor's note or something describing my ailment to IRT or what?

....awesome, should've double checked the post title

This post has been edited by rcallewaert: 19 March 2014 - 01:40 AM

#2 User is offline   KungPowKirby 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Addict
  • Member No.: 53583

Posted 19 March 2014 - 05:21 AM

View Postrcallewaert, on 19 March 2014 - 12:25 AM, said:

Was hoping to get a response here; what if I'm injured(I fall under the can't walk or stand for extended periods of time), but I'm not on disability or anything? Should I just bring a doctor's note or something describing my ailment to IRT or what?

....awesome, should've double checked the post title

That would qualify you as disabled. You should go to disability services when you get there and explain what happened and they will make sure your accommodated appropriately. They have an area by the main ballroom & one within/by registration. (KnitChick correct me if I'm wrong) You shouldn't have to do bring a doctors note.

This post has been edited by KungPowKirby: 19 March 2014 - 05:22 AM

No Soap = No Waifu Winner of the 2015 "Got Soap" slogan contest. ;)

"If this body is not capable of action, I suggest new leadership is needed. I move for a vote of no confidence in Chancellor Valorum's leadership."- Queen Amidala; Star Wars: Phantom Menace

#3 User is offline   Fantasia 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 63205

Posted 19 March 2014 - 10:05 AM

^what KungPowKirby said. I was in reg last year and worked with the special services for a couple of shifts, and people who are injured are also eligible for disability at ACen. Make sure to get in the right line at the con, and ask the one in charge of giving out the disability passes (will always be sitting next to the cashier) and tell them your situation. You will be accommodated accordingly.
ACen COSPLAYS 2015:

OFFICIAL LINE-UP:
Friday: Taiga Aisaka, Toradora (80% done)
Saturday: Sugar, OFF by Mortis Ghost (80% done)
Sunday: Pink Lolita Coord (50% on the way, 30% needs to be done)

#4 User is offline   KnitChick 

• ACen Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: ACen Staff
  • Member No.: 9629

Posted 28 March 2014 - 12:16 AM

Whoops, sorry didn't see this sooner!

What KungPowKirby and Fantasia said is correct. We may ask for a doctor's note, so if you have one bring it with in case. But we will work with you to make sure you can still enjoy the con no matter what! We have two locations - in the Hyatt we have an office on the hallway leading to Main Programming (just look for the door with the giant wheelchair on it!) and in the convention center we're over in Registration. We have a greeter over by Reg who will be able to direct you toward our booth!
Special Needs and Compliance staff for ACen! Come see us in the Hyatt Grand Boardroom!!
C2E2 2015: Doctor Leonard McCoy, Agent Jemma Simmons, either Gambit or Shadowcat
ACen 2015: GoGo Tomago, Doctor Leonard McCoy, Rowdy Roddy Piper

Member of Team GEEK for the Norridge/Harwood Heights Relay for Life! Please join us or donate!
Ninja on the Glomp Team! Member of the Crossplay Alliance! / My blog / My pictures! (Flickr)
Resident Ghostbusters, Doctor Who, Firefly, Quantum Leap, Transformers, Harry Potter, Highlander, Girl Genius, Super Sentai and Nerima Daikon Brothers obsessor!

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users