Anime Central Forums: Call for auditions: Maison Ikkoku: The Musical - Anime Central Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Call for auditions: Maison Ikkoku: The Musical

#1 User is offline   CupOJoe 

• Press Staff
  • Pip
  • Group: ACen Staff
  • Member No.: 9858

Posted 18 March 2014 - 01:25 PM

I'm proud to announce that "Maison Ikkoku: The Musical" is set for late Saturday evening (the 17th) in panel room 6. I will be holding auditions soon for those who want to act in the play as well as other supporting roles behind the scenes. I will be at the meeting this Saturday with more details if anyone wants to talk to me.

For those of you who are unfamiliar with "Maison Ikkoku", it is a series by the legendary Rumiko Takahashi, who you may know as the creator of "Ranma 1/2" and "Inuyasha". It's a romantic situation comedy dealing with the adventures of a group of people living in a seedy boarding house in Tokyo. You can find many videos of it on YouTube.

The play will be produced professionally under another name, but Anime Central is hosting the world premiere performance.

Auditions will be held as soon as possible and anyone who wants to be a part of it needs to make a commitment to do rehearsals. Two months is a very short time to put this thing together, so it will take some intense work, but it will be well worth it. And anyone who appears may be asked to be in the play when it is performed professionally.

Anyone who wants more information can email me at joeve321@yahoo.com. Looking forward to hearing from you!

-Joe Vecchio

author, "Maison Ikkoku: The Musical"

#2 User is offline   CupOJoe 

• Press Staff
  • Pip
  • Group: ACen Staff
  • Member No.: 9858

Posted 28 March 2014 - 12:25 AM

For reasons far too boring to announce here, I am sorry to say that a performance of Maison Ikkoku: The Musical will not be possible at this year's Anime Central, even as a read-through. My apologies to those who worked so hard to put together the schedule.

-Joe Vecchio

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users