• This topic is locked

Soap Bubble 2014 Any news?

#1 User is offline   DJ Jeffito 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 5555

Posted 19 February 2014 - 12:21 AM

Well, although I've DJed for the Soap Bubble in the past, I am not the Soap Bubble coordinator by any means. However, I get numerous requests for bookings and inquiries on the status related to Anime Central and the Soap Bubble.

I always tell people to post on the forums here as I am not affiliated with Anime Central or even on staff.

But it's gotten to the point where no one knows what's going on, even those who are on staff (who I ask privately). So I ask publicly on these forums.

What's going on the Soap Bubble for 2014? There has been no mention of it anywhere on ACen social media. The Soap Bubble Facebook page (which I'm not sure if it's still affiliated with Anime Central anymore) doesn't have any updates about it.

https://www.facebook.com/theravecon

All the emails and messages sent to ACen staff have gone largely ignored.

Honestly, to me, it's not the end of the world, as I have been branching off into DJing and representing other conventions nationwide (such as Anime Milwaukee which ran an amazing show this year!) but it's just disappointing that my home convention hasn't had any mention of what used to be the largest and best anime con dance out there.
Facebook Page | SoundCloud | Anime Convention DJs Facebook Group | WeebCast

Dance Coordinator
: Anime Apocalypse 2013; Anime Crossroads 2015; Anime Milwaukee 2012, 2014, 2015; Anime World Chicago 2011, 2012; Anime World Indianapolis 2012; Kollision Con 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013; Shuto Con 2014
Game Room Staff: Anime Central 2002, 2003; Anime Milwaukee 2013
Misc Staff: Anime Reactor 2003, 2006, 2007
Guest DJ: 30+ conventions, including Anime Central, Anime Expo, and Sakura-Con (Full list on my Facebook page)

#2 User is offline   eat_me_for_I_am_peeps 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 59774

Posted 20 February 2014 - 03:48 PM

Wow still nothing? I expected people to hop on and start asking why too, or at least say something. I know I'm concerned about it, since I love the Soap Bubble, and I didn't get to go last year. I hope stuff starts popping up about it soon, I'm investing in new rave gear for it D:
Need some Rave Gear? I got you! http://kittyandquinn.../kittysravegear

#3 User is offline   DJ Jeffito 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 20 February 2014 - 07:50 PM

Hmm. Well, the only response I got on Facebook from the former Soap Bubble promoter was "Its in the works behind the scenes Jeff."

So I guess we'll see. I find this a little disconcerting considering how big EDM is getting, how big the Soap Bubble used to be, and how other conventions are taking their flagship dances more seriously (ie Anime Milwaukee, Sakura Con, Anime Expo). Could this be a sign of ACen's slow downfall?

Don't get me wrong, ACen still has Hardcore Synergy but just like the Soap Bubble isn't for every attendee, neither is Hardcore Synergy. They both have their appeal and their pros/cons.

eat_me_for_I_am_peeps, I guess we'll find out come May.

This post has been edited by DJ Jeffito: 20 February 2014 - 07:56 PM

Dance Coordinator
: Anime Apocalypse 2013; Anime Crossroads 2015; Anime Milwaukee 2012, 2014, 2015; Anime World Chicago 2011, 2012; Anime World Indianapolis 2012; Kollision Con 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013; Shuto Con 2014
Guest DJ: 30+ conventions, including Anime Central, Anime Expo, and Sakura-Con (Full list on my Facebook page)

#4 User is offline   feuerwerke 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 63062

Posted 20 February 2014 - 08:30 PM

I love both dances but Soap Bubble is my favorite, so this is just. Really sad.
ACen 2014 cosplays
  • Junko Enoshima

#5 User is offline   Sayuri-chan 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Addict
  • Member No.: 3228

Posted 20 February 2014 - 08:53 PM

It feels like information concerning all aspects of ACen is being pushed farther and farther down the road, despite frequent input by attendees that earlier updates are wanted. I can understand some aspects of the convention having to wait until closer to convention time to be finalized, such as guests (contracts are not easy to negotiate in the slightest), however, some other aspects of the convention should be close to finalized at this point. This is an opinion only, so take it with a grain of salt. I think a little more forum/facebook presence would alleviate peoples worries and irritations, but this year it feels like it's been lacking in departments.

Just an opinion. :/
♥ ACen REG STAFF: 2005-2008 ♥
♥ Persona owns my soul. Proud to be a member of the UYFA! Proud Supporter of the I.R.T.!
"The Chumps" are back to entertain and amuse. Come join us Friday, in Panel Room 4 from 12:30-2:45pm, and Saturday/Sunday in Panel Room 12, from 12:45-3:15a.
Cosplay for 2014 ACen:|Skull Kid--LOZ: Majora's Mask/0% complete|||Genkai-Yuu Yuu Hakusho/100% complete|||Sir Integra Fairbrook Wingates Hellsing-Hellsing Ultimate Abridged Ver./75% complete
Current quote: "Costumes, I need to do that still...Costumes, I need to do that still...Costumes, I need to do that still..."
Current blurb: はい、少し日本語を話します。たのしすぎる! ♪♫♪♫音楽が大好き!♪♫♪♫

#6 User is offline   eat_me_for_I_am_peeps 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 20 February 2014 - 11:03 PM

View PostSayuri-chan, on 20 February 2014 - 08:53 PM, said:

It feels like information concerning all aspects of ACen is being pushed farther and farther down the road, despite frequent input by attendees that earlier updates are wanted. I can understand some aspects of the convention having to wait until closer to convention time to be finalized, such as guests (contracts are not easy to negotiate in the slightest), however, some other aspects of the convention should be close to finalized at this point. This is an opinion only, so take it with a grain of salt. I think a little more forum/facebook presence would alleviate peoples worries and irritations, but this year it feels like it's been lacking in departments.

Just an opinion. :/

I agree with you completely. I remember last year it was around March and there were less updates than there were currently. I hope they get the panels finalized soon, I would like to hear if I'm going to be doing a panel or not. I hope things get sorted out soon, I've only heard about who is playing at the Ball, and I'd like to know who is going to be playing at both raves.

#7 User is offline   DJ Jeffito 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 20 February 2014 - 11:16 PM

View Posteat_me_for_I_am_peeps, on 20 February 2014 - 11:03 PM, said:

I agree with you completely. I remember last year it was around March and there were less updates than there were currently. I hope they get the panels finalized soon, I would like to hear if I'm going to be doing a panel or not. I hope things get sorted out soon, I've only heard about who is playing at the Ball, and I'd like to know who is going to be playing at both raves.

Well to be fair they've been announcing the Hardcore Synergy line up (both Anime Central and Attack The Music, the group which does Hardcore Synergy) on Facebook.

https://www.facebook.../attackthemusic

Dance Coordinator

#8 User is offline   eat_me_for_I_am_peeps 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 20 February 2014 - 11:42 PM

View PostDJ Jeffito, on 20 February 2014 - 11:16 PM, said:

Well to be fair they've been announcing the Hardcore Synergy line up (both Anime Central and Attack The Music, the group which does Hardcore Synergy) on Facebook.

https://www.facebook.../attackthemusic

Thank ya, now just back to the panels and the Soap Bubble for my worries.

#9 User is offline   feuerwerke 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 21 February 2014 - 08:42 AM

I agree with the other two re; it just plain getting to be ridiculous how late in the game ACen handles things. I have panels pending approval and this is getting to be absolutely ridiculous because of how long ago I submitted them. There are also some issues with the panel staff being homophobic and ACen being complicit to that, and that's completely not okay. The guest list is currently a joke, and it is every year around this time and pretty much up until April. Pretty often the final guest list is a joke, too, and that's just not acceptable. And now even the Soap Bubble is about to burst? This is just getting to be more and more absurd, and it's pushing me into a corner where I'm strongly considering just not coming back anymore after this year and saving my money for study abroad and for Otakon. I've not been to Otakon, but unlike ACen, their guest list regularly delivers at the very least, and I've heard it has a decent rave.
ACen 2014 cosplays
  • Junko Enoshima

#10 User is offline   eat_me_for_I_am_peeps 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 21 February 2014 - 10:34 AM

View Postfeuerwerke, on 21 February 2014 - 08:42 AM, said:

I agree with the other two re; it just plain getting to be ridiculous how late in the game ACen handles things. I have panels pending approval and this is getting to be absolutely ridiculous because of how long ago I submitted them. There are also some issues with the panel staff being homophobic and ACen being complicit to that, and that's completely not okay. The guest list is currently a joke, and it is every year around this time and pretty much up until April. Pretty often the final guest list is a joke, too, and that's just not acceptable. And now even the Soap Bubble is about to burst? This is just getting to be more and more absurd, and it's pushing me into a corner where I'm strongly considering just not coming back anymore after this year and saving my money for study abroad and for Otakon. I've not been to Otakon, but unlike ACen, their guest list regularly delivers at the very least, and I've heard it has a decent rave.

You should go to AMKE, there awesome with what they do, and there raves are amazing. I went there a couple years ago, and loved it. So hopefully they've only gotten better. Also when did you submit your panels?

Though I'm still holding out hope that ACen will get it together within the next few years, it's a very personal con to me and I don't want it to get so bad that I don't even want to come :c

#11 User is offline   El Ken 

• Guest Relations Section Chief
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Administrator
  • Member No.: 5629

Posted 21 February 2014 - 06:34 PM

Though it's not really my place to pipe up about this, what Jeffito said Allen said is true. Soap Bubble is being worked on, but there have been some hiccups in transitioning from the former promoter to the new one. I will try to get the new promoter on the forums and social media to start talking about the event. Oh, and don't blame the new promoter. It was ACen management that was holding up the process, myself a part of that.
Ken Leiding

Guest Relations Section Chief (2011- )

Hotel/Convention Site Relations, Retired (2006-2010)

@kenleiding

「いっぺん死んで見る?」

#12 User is offline   feuerwerke 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 21 February 2014 - 10:49 PM

View Posteat_me_for_I_am_peeps, on 21 February 2014 - 10:34 AM, said:

You should go to AMKE, there awesome with what they do, and there raves are amazing. I went there a couple years ago, and loved it. So hopefully they've only gotten better. Also when did you submit your panels?

Though I'm still holding out hope that ACen will get it together within the next few years, it's a very personal con to me and I don't want it to get so bad that I don't even want to come :c

There was one panel I applied for in like December or January, but my others were applied for within a few weeks of panel submissions opening. This is absurd.
ACen 2014 cosplays
  • Junko Enoshima

#13 User is offline   eat_me_for_I_am_peeps 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 21 February 2014 - 10:57 PM

View Postfeuerwerke, on 21 February 2014 - 10:49 PM, said:

There was one panel I applied for in like December or January, but my others were applied for within a few weeks of panel submissions opening. This is absurd.

Wow you applied that early and still haven't heard back? That makes me feel a little better in a way, since I also applied in January.

#14 User is offline   DJ Jeffito 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 21 February 2014 - 11:54 PM

View PostEl Ken, on 21 February 2014 - 06:34 PM, said:

Though it's not really my place to pipe up about this, what Jeffito said Allen said is true. Soap Bubble is being worked on, but there have been some hiccups in transitioning from the former promoter to the new one. I will try to get the new promoter on the forums and social media to start talking about the event. Oh, and don't blame the new promoter. It was ACen management that was holding up the process, myself a part of that.

I got a bad feeling about the SB this year. Who might the new promoter be? I'm interested in trying out or whatever the process is to DJ again if possible.

This post has been edited by DJ Jeffito: 22 February 2014 - 12:03 AM

Dance Coordinator

#15 User is offline   Sayuri-chan 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip

Posted 22 February 2014 - 05:39 AM

I applied for panels the week after they opened, so, what was that, back in October-ish? Still pending. No official response from Panel Programming in a month or more, and nothing concrete except, "We're working on it." :/ Frustrations abound, but meh...I love ACen too much to go elsewhere. [This is where I think I should stop complaining, and go work on my panels.] Good luck hearing about the Bubble. I don't personally go, but I have friends who do. As always, THANK YOU to Ken for responding - you've been a constant, stable source of official news from ACen's side for the past couple of years, good and bad, and I really really appreciate it.
♥ Persona owns my soul. Proud to be a member of the UYFA! Proud Supporter of the I.R.T.!
"The Chumps" are back to entertain and amuse. Come join us Friday, in Panel Room 4 from 12:30-2:45pm, and Saturday/Sunday in Panel Room 12, from 12:45-3:15a.
Cosplay for 2014 ACen:|Skull Kid--LOZ: Majora's Mask/0% complete|||Genkai-Yuu Yuu Hakusho/100% complete|||Sir Integra Fairbrook Wingates Hellsing-Hellsing Ultimate Abridged Ver./75% complete
Current quote: "Costumes, I need to do that still...Costumes, I need to do that still...Costumes, I need to do that still..."

#16 User is offline   feuerwerke 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 22 February 2014 - 08:20 AM

I also want to thank you, Ken. I know I criticize the convention pretty harshly for its guests or lack thereof, but I just want you to know that I don't mean that so much as criticism of you. You're probably my favorite staffer, as you actually try to keep attendees updated on what's going on fairly regularly, even for things that don't have anything to do with your own department, like this thread right here. I know you do your best on guests but one person can only do so much.

re; panels, yeah, 2 of mine are 18+ panels, which I heard was said that those were taking some extra time to sort out, but this is a ridiculous wait. The other two were not nsfw and one of them I've actually ran here before.

I just hope the Soap Bubble doesn't decline in quality. I know it's one of the few things con attendees say ACen does better than more or less anyone else. It'd be pretty sad to lose that.
ACen 2014 cosplays
  • Junko Enoshima

#17 User is offline   Fudgi P0pZ 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 9430

Posted 22 February 2014 - 11:13 AM

I'm looking forward to meeting the new promoter, so I hope they swing by the forums before the con. And I think us attendees here have the decency not to be hard on them per the circumstances. :) Any first year is always a test run and I'm sure the new promoter is bringing other applicable experience to the position anyway. ^^ Welcome new promoter!

I'm also looking forward to more updates about the convention overall. It is a service I'm paying for, after all. ACen delivers, there's no doubt about that. However, with the way things have been going, I believe we're starting to exploit the fact that we're the largest in the midwest and, no matter what we do, "things will work out anyway". We know that people are going to attend regardless, so it seems as if we've become complacent in terms of appealing to any new (or returning) attendees. As a large, wide-reaching con, we have the privilege and status it takes to make anime a hot topic again. Let's not get comfortable in our top position as best and largest midwest con, folks. To be the best, you have to continually strive to be the best. You'll lose your place if you become too comfortable with what you've got! We can start competing by showing the world what we've got to offer. Even if you think everybody should know about the con and what it has to offer, cuz, "come on, it's ACen," you can't assume they'll know or care to look to find out. You have to show them. Especially if they're a prospective attendee in limbo about investing in this service. That's how we'll keep being the best and that's how we'll keep growing for years to come. Now, let's do this! I could say more but I'm choosing to be positive and constructive. Show me what I'm paying for!! \(>o<)/

...and preferably before the mailing deadline, please. o_o I wonder if later and later announcements lead people to hold off on purchasing their badge in advance which leads to an ever increasing line-con? Registration does a good job keeping up, but I think it's the amount of people purchasing at con that makes all the difference.

I've seen ACen's announcements on upcomingcons.com, by the way. That was great to see! :)
..::..2014 Cosplay Goals..::..
.: Aisha ClanClan:.

Keeping it light this year! :)

Thanks Neskaya for the lovely avatar.

#18 User is offline   eat_me_for_I_am_peeps 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 22 February 2014 - 01:42 PM

View PostFudgi P0pZ, on 22 February 2014 - 11:13 AM, said:

I'm looking forward to meeting the new promoter, so I hope they swing by the forums before the con. And I think us attendees here have the decency not to be hard on them per the circumstances. :)/> Any first year is always a test run and I'm sure the new promoter is bringing other applicable experience to the position anyway. ^^ Welcome new promoter!

I'm also looking forward to more updates about the convention overall. It is a service I'm paying for, after all. ACen delivers, there's no doubt about that. However, with the way things have been going, I believe we're starting to exploit the fact that we're the largest in the midwest and, no matter what we do, "things will work out anyway". We know that people are going to attend regardless, so it seems as if we've become complacent in terms of appealing to any new (or returning) attendees. As a large, wide-reaching con, we have the privilege and status it takes to make anime a hot topic again. Let's not get comfortable in our top position as best and largest midwest con, folks. To be the best, you have to continually strive to be the best. You'll lose your place if you become too comfortable with what you've got! We can start competing by showing the world what we've got to offer. Even if you think everybody should know about the con and what it has to offer, cuz, "come on, it's ACen," you can't assume they'll know or care to look to find out. You have to show them. Especially if they're a prospective attendee in limbo about investing in this service. That's how we'll keep being the best and that's how we'll keep growing for years to come. Now, let's do this! I could say more but I'm choosing to be positive and constructive. Show me what I'm paying for!! \(>o<)/

...and preferably before the mailing deadline, please. o_o I wonder if later and later announcements lead people to hold off on purchasing their badge in advance which leads to an ever increasing line-con? Registration does a good job keeping up, but I think it's the amount of people purchasing at con that makes all the difference.

I've seen ACen's announcements on upcomingcons.com, by the way. That was great to see! :)/>

All of that was perfect, no joke. I believe I would be one of those people that keeps going because "it's ACen" Also I would like to see returning guests, or at least one's I recognize more.

Back to talk of the soap bubble, I hope they get someone that plays anime mixes along with normal music, because while I loooove the DJs of the past, I think it would be better to have someone really hype up the crowd by playing something that people know. (Gurren Laggan mix pleeease) Again, the past DJs weren't bad, I'm just hoping they'll start appealing to the anime side more than the people that go their solely for the rave, since it is an anime convention.

#19 User is offline   Sayuri-chan 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip

Posted 22 February 2014 - 08:07 PM

View Posteat_me_for_I_am_peeps, on 22 February 2014 - 01:42 PM, said:

All of that was perfect, no joke. I believe I would be one of those people that keeps going because "it's ACen" Also I would like to see returning guests, or at least one's I recognize more.

Back to talk of the soap bubble, I hope they get someone that plays anime mixes along with normal music, because while I loooove the DJs of the past, I think it would be better to have someone really hype up the crowd by playing something that people know. (Gurren Laggan mix pleeease) Again, the past DJs weren't bad, I'm just hoping they'll start appealing to the anime side more than the people that go their solely for the rave, since it is an anime convention.

No kidding! If they got someone to do that I might actually attend...*is a music promiscuous woman*

#20 User is offline   DJ Jeffito 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 26 February 2014 - 01:23 AM

View PostSayuri-chan, on 22 February 2014 - 08:07 PM, said:

No kidding! If they got someone to do that I might actually attend...*is a music promiscuous woman*

You all should check out Anime Convention DJs and WeebCast. I know WeebCast runs anime con dances that focus solely on Japanese EDM, Anime remixes, and video game remixes as well, like at Anime Milwaukee 2014 and soon at Shuto Con 2014!

Dance Coordinator

#21 User is offline   eat_me_for_I_am_peeps 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 26 February 2014 - 11:33 AM

View PostDJ Jeffito, on 26 February 2014 - 01:23 AM, said:

You all should check out Anime Convention DJs and WeebCast. I know WeebCast runs anime con dances that focus solely on Japanese EDM, Anime remixes, and video game remixes as well, like at Anime Milwaukee 2014 and soon at Shuto Con 2014!

That sounds like my kind of raving...is there any way to get WeebCast as a part of ACen this year?

#22 User is offline   rideamustang 

• Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 9079

Posted 05 May 2014 - 06:09 PM

Any info on this? Start time? Also, what the age limit (is it 18+?)
Save a horse, ride a Mustang... :D

#23 User is offline   KungPowKirby 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip
  • Member No.: 53583

Posted 05 May 2014 - 06:20 PM

View Postrideamustang, on 05 May 2014 - 06:09 PM, said:

Any info on this? Start time? Also, what the age limit (is it 18+?)

I think it usually starts about 10ish. And it's never been 18+ before so it'll be doubtful it would be this year.
No Soap = No Waifu Winner of the 2015 "Got Soap" slogan contest. ;)

"If this body is not capable of action, I suggest new leadership is needed. I move for a vote of no confidence in Chancellor Valorum's leadership."- Queen Amidala; Star Wars: Phantom Menace

#24 User is offline   Green Dragon 

• Veteran
  • PipPip
  • Group: Veteran
  • Member No.: 7168

Posted 05 May 2014 - 08:20 PM

View PostKungPowKirby, on 05 May 2014 - 06:20 PM, said:

I think it usually starts about 10ish. And it's never been 18+ before so it'll be doubtful it would be this year.

Since curfew in Rosemont is at midnight, I'd assume it becomes an 18+ event after that time.
Anime Central Cosplay History

* ACen '04, '05, '06: Nicholas D. Wolfwood - ACen '07: Gendo Ikari / Bryan Fury
* ACen '08: Gendo Ikari / Capt. Aizen Sousuke - ACen '09: Gendo Ikari / Daisuke Jigen
* ACen '11: Tom Baker, Fourth Doctor - ACen '12: Fourth Doctor / Capt. Aizen Sousuke
* ACen '13: Capt. Kyouraku Shunsui - ACen '14: Kiba (Wolf's Rain) / Ninth Doctor

#25 User is offline   DJ Jeffito 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 08 May 2014 - 09:08 AM

There has never been an enforced curfew for any age limit in the past 14 years of attending Anime Central that I've seen for any event.

This post has been edited by DJ Jeffito: 08 May 2014 - 09:08 AM

Dance Coordinator

#26 User is offline   KungPowKirby 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip

Posted 08 May 2014 - 11:11 AM

View PostGreen Dragon, on 05 May 2014 - 08:20 PM, said:

Since curfew in Rosemont is at midnight, I'd assume it becomes an 18+ event after that time.

They don't ID so there's no way to inforce it.

"If this body is not capable of action, I suggest new leadership is needed. I move for a vote of no confidence in Chancellor Valorum's leadership."- Queen Amidala; Star Wars: Phantom Menace

#27 User is offline   Fantasia 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 63205

Posted 08 May 2014 - 12:02 PM

The times I went there were no ID checks, so I don't think there is anything to really worry about.
ACen COSPLAYS 2015:

Giratina

#28 User is offline   Green Dragon 

• Veteran
  • PipPip

Posted 09 May 2014 - 10:20 PM

View PostKungPowKirby, on 08 May 2014 - 11:11 AM, said:

They don't ID so there's no way to inforce it.

ID check will be enforced for those trying to get in after midnight. If you are already in, well, your options are hope you don't get caught, and if you do, don't make a scene when you are asked to leave.

This post has been edited by Green Dragon: 09 May 2014 - 10:30 PM

* ACen '08: Gendo Ikari / Capt. Aizen Sousuke - ACen '09: Gendo Ikari / Daisuke Jigen
* ACen '11: Tom Baker, Fourth Doctor - ACen '12: Fourth Doctor / Capt. Aizen Sousuke
* ACen '13: Capt. Kyouraku Shunsui - ACen '14: Kiba (Wolf's Rain) / Ninth Doctor

#29 User is offline   KungPowKirby 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip

Posted 09 May 2014 - 10:23 PM

View PostGreen Dragon, on 09 May 2014 - 10:20 PM, said:

ID check will be enforced for those trying to get in after midnight. If you are already in, well, your options are hope you don't get caught, and if you do, don't make a scene when you are asked to leave.

Every time I've been there its been after midnight and they havent checked my ID(and by the way I'm way over 18 but tend to look much younger than my age). Is this a new rule that they have decided on then? You also should be labeled staff on here if you are staff - because I had to look for it on your signature - something most people wont.

This post has been edited by KungPowKirby: 09 May 2014 - 10:25 PM

#30 User is offline   Green Dragon 

• Veteran
  • PipPip

Posted 09 May 2014 - 10:33 PM

View PostKungPowKirby, on 09 May 2014 - 10:23 PM, said:

Every time I've been there its been after midnight and they havent checked my ID(and by the way I'm way over 18 but tend to look much younger than my age). Is this a new rule that they have decided on then? You also should be labeled staff on here if you are staff - because I had to look for it on your signature - something most people wont.

Regardless, this is the mandate from the new department head and assistant department head, so I'm expecting them to be working close with IRT on this issue.

It's not to rag on you guys having fun, but it is the law (city of Rosemont law, in fact) and as staffers we must abide by them. Sorry.

This post has been edited by Green Dragon: 10 May 2014 - 12:02 AM

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users