Anime Central Forums: Cosplayer and Lolita New to ACen! (●⌒∇⌒●) - Anime Central Forums

Jump to content

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Cosplayer and Lolita New to ACen! (●⌒∇⌒●)

#1 User is offline   Haruhime 

  • Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 65053
  • Posts: 11
  • Joined: 17-February 14
  • Location:Iowa

Posted 18 February 2014 - 08:02 PM

Hello everyone! My name is Haru. I'm new to ACen and these forums, but not conventions around the Midwest. I'm from Cedar Rapids, Iowa. I've attended Anime Iowa since 2009, and I've also been to Anime Detour and other smaller conventions (Anime-Zing, Anime-Spark when it was around).
I've been cosplaying for 5 years and I've seen all kinds of anime, but my favorites are still Neon Genesis Evangelion, Eureka Seven, Samurai Champloo, Serial Experiments Lain.. I could go on! I'm caught up on a lot of recent anime as well, like Beyond the Boundary and Kill la Kill!
I've cosplayed from tons of different animes and games (Legend of Zelda, Beyond the Boundary, Animal Crossing, Panty & Stocking, Rozen Maiden, Evangelion) and I love going to photoshoots and talking to other cosplayers.
I'm also a lolita, and my wardrobe right now is mostly sweet lolita. I don't own a lot of brand, but I'm saving up! I'd love to get in touch with other lolitas, since the only ones I know are the others in my Iowa Lolita community.
Other than cosplay and conventions, I spend all of my free time watching anime and Netflix documentaries and looking at lolita sales posts (;▽;)

Basically, this will be my first time attending ACen after thinking about it for a few years, and I'd love to talk to some other cosplayers and lolitas!

ACen 2014 Cosplays:
Nonon Jakuzure (Kill La Kill) // Mirai Kuriyama (Beyond the Boundary) // Plugsuit! Asuka Langley Soryu (Evangelion) // Sweet Lolita Coord
(●⌒∇⌒●)

#2 User is offline   C2Queen 

  • Publication Staff
  • PipPip
  • Group: Forum Staff
  • Member No.: 59630
  • Posts: 329
  • Joined: 06-March 11
  • Location:『チーズくんルーム。 』

Posted 18 February 2014 - 10:57 PM

Welcome to the forums Haru!

Glad to see you'll be joining us for Anime Central this year, it's always a blast! I hope you have friends to pal around with at the con, they make it much funner =] If not it's always easy to meet people at cosplay gatherings/photoshoots. Either way I know you'll fit right in!

Usually ACEN also has a lot of treats for Lolita lovers... such as the Tea Party with Angelic Pretty that happened last year I believe. So I hope you'll be able to find some other Lolita's or something to fit your Lolita taste.

Also I just need to say... you have a fantastic Mirai cosplay, one of the best I've seen around! I've seen and really like all of the series you've mentioned and am also caught up on a lot of newer anime. I'd be happy to be your friend if you need someone to talk to/want a buddy to guide you through the convention.

You'll love Anime Central if you have been to a lot of the smaller Midwest conventions. It might overwhelm you to begin with but since it's 24 hours and there's always something to do its an absolute blast. Especially since the cosplay gatherings are a lot larger at this con, it makes it easier to meet a lot of people with common interests. If you have any questions or concerns please feel free to talk to any of the forum moderators on the forums. I really hope you'll enjoy your stay and find some friends on here. I know the forums really helped me during my first ACEN to meet people =]

- Ashley Elizabeth, C2Queen
Art & Publications Staff/Forum Staff


Upcoming Cosplay: Sinon from Sword Art Online: II / Gun Gale Online
My Upcoming Cons/Events (2015): Kitsune-Kon, Anime Central, Colossalcon, Ramencon

For general questions & questions about forum registration -- EMAIL US.

#3 User is offline   rwarsauce 

  • Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Bigfoot
  • Member No.: 46332
  • Posts: 97
  • Joined: 20-December 09
  • Location:Elgin, Illinois

Posted 19 February 2014 - 12:36 AM

Welcomee, ACen is tons of fun, out of all the cons i goto its the one i look forward to the most ^_^, hope you have a great time. This'll be my first year going alone,a bit scurred, but still excited xD

#4 User is offline   MCP 3.3 

  • Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 64951
  • Posts: 35
  • Joined: 22-January 14
  • Location:Encom Computer Systems

Posted 19 February 2014 - 11:51 AM

ACen is always a blast! For first timers, I recommend Anime HELL on Fri nights, it truly is insanity personified. The Masquerade can be a little hit or miss depending on the skits, but the costumes are always top notch! Also, the pizza provider of ACen is Giordano's and quite possibly was made on Mt. Olympus, because it is almost too good for us mere mortals. Hope you have fun!
END OF LINE.

#5 User is offline   Jos 

  • Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 64919
  • Posts: 135
  • Joined: 13-January 14
  • Location:Iowa

Posted 19 February 2014 - 01:44 PM

I'm from Iowa too! I didn't know there was such a thing as Anime Iowa though! O_O.. lol anyway, see ya at ACen! =)

#6 User is offline   Whodigiya 

  • Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 63372
  • Posts: 253
  • Joined: 27-March 13
  • Location:Za Warudo

Posted 19 February 2014 - 02:36 PM

Hello! Welcome to the forum!

Serial Experiments: Lain was one of the first DVD box sets I bought. It still stands out as one of my favorites. Have you seen Texnolyze? It's made by the same people and has a similar style.
Everything I say is either true or extremely handsome!

#7 User is offline   Haruhime 

  • Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 65053
  • Posts: 11
  • Joined: 17-February 14
  • Location:Iowa

Posted 19 February 2014 - 03:39 PM

View PostC2Queen, on 18 February 2014 - 10:57 PM, said:

Welcome to the forums Haru!

Glad to see you'll be joining us for Anime Central this year, it's always a blast! I hope you have friends to pal around with at the con, they make it much funner =] If not it's always easy to meet people at cosplay gatherings/photoshoots. Either way I know you'll fit right in!

Usually ACen also has a lot of treats for Lolita lovers... such as the Tea Party with Angelic Pretty that happened last year I believe. So I hope you'll be able to find some other Lolita's or something to fit your Lolita taste.

Also I just need to say... you have a fantastic Mirai cosplay, one of the best I've seen around! I've seen and really like all of the series you've mentioned and am also caught up on a lot of newer anime. I'd be happy to be your friend if you need someone to talk to/want a buddy to guide you through the convention.

You'll love Anime Central if you have been to a lot of the smaller Midwest conventions. It might overwhelm you to begin with but since it's 24 hours and there's always something to do its an absolute blast. Especially since the cosplay gatherings are a lot larger at this con, it makes it easier to meet a lot of people with common interests. If you have any questions or concerns please feel free to talk to any of the forum moderators on the forums. I really hope you'll enjoy your stay and find some friends on here. I know the forums really helped me during my first ACen to meet people =]

- Ashley Elizabeth, C2Queen
Art & Publications Staff/Forum Staff



Thank you so much! I'm going with my boyfriend who's been before, and I know quite a few friends from my Eastern Iowa area who are also going, so I shouldn't have a huge problem getting lost or anything. I'm so excited to see what ACen brings for the lolita aspect! I heard there was an AP tea party last year so that makes me super excited, Angelic Pretty is basically my favorite brand. I'd definitely buy a ticket to a tea party this year.


View PostJos, on 19 February 2014 - 01:44 PM, said:

I'm from Iowa too! I didn't know there was such a thing as Anime Iowa though! O_O.. lol anyway, see ya at ACen! =)


Yeah! Anime Iowa has been around since 1997 I believe. It's a pretty fun, small-medium sized convention, and it's only about 30 minutes away from where I live (it's in Coralville, Iowa, just outside of Iowa City) and typically has a little over 2,000 attendees. It's super fun and a good chance to get personal with other people instead of the huge chaos that is ACen!

View PostWhodigiya, on 19 February 2014 - 02:36 PM, said:

Hello! Welcome to the forum!

Serial Experiments: Lain was one of the first DVD box sets I bought. It still stands out as one of my favorites. Have you seen Texnolyze? It's made by the same people and has a similar style.


Thank you! I've never even heard of it to be honest, but it sounds really neat. I've been on an anime binge lately so I'll probably check it out when I'm done with Kimi ni Todoke!

Thank you everyone for all of the nice comments! I feel welcome already (´∀`●)

ACen 2014 Cosplays:
Nonon Jakuzure (Kill La Kill) // Mirai Kuriyama (Beyond the Boundary) // Plugsuit! Asuka Langley Soryu (Evangelion) // Sweet Lolita Coord
(●⌒∇⌒●)

#8 User is offline   rococopuff 

  • Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 64651
  • Posts: 3
  • Joined: 10-December 13

Posted 19 February 2014 - 04:37 PM

Hi! I'm from Iowa City, right next door! Haha :3 I've been cosplaying and going to cons around the midwest for almost ten years, chances are I've seen you around. I also adore lolita, I'm kind of in eternal love with Metamorphose...Although I've been in obsessed for ages, I just started my wardrobe not too long ago so it's ity-bitty. I'm definitely in need of more loli-friends <3

ACen is wicked fun though, I'm sure you'll love it! Do you have any cosplays planned out? I'd love to know who you were from Rozen Maiden, the character designs are fantastical!

#9 User is offline   Twilight Sparkle 

  • Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 62967
  • Posts: 143
  • Joined: 06-January 13
  • Location:Crown Point, IN

Posted 19 February 2014 - 08:04 PM

Ahhhh hello there! I am a lolita as well, and I would love to hang out with you at ACen! I personally am more of a classical lolita myself tho. orz;; But I have had my eye on a few sweet prints for a while noww if they ever pop up on EGL or lacemarket. I probably won't have any of my coords on my because I am picking Anime Midwest as my lolita wearing con this year when I am not busy with being staff, but it would still be fun to talk to someone about lolita at ACen! <33 Any time I get to talk to someone about lolita is super fun. Also have you seen that 'Secret Life of the Lolita' mocumentary DeerStalker/Melody Doll put out? It's so funny and you should totally watch if you haven't!

This post has been edited by Twilight Sparkle: 19 February 2014 - 08:08 PM

Planned 2013 Cosplays!
MLP - Twilight Sparkle
Magi - Scheherazade, Ren Gyokuen, fem!Alibaba Saluja
Frozen - Anna
Homestuck - Damara Megido, Aradia Megido

#10 User is offline   Fantasia 

  • Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 63205
  • Posts: 257
  • Joined: 25-February 13
  • Location:Chicago

Posted 20 February 2014 - 05:08 PM

hello there, sweetie! welcome to the forums! and also, being your first ACen, I hope you have a blast!
I am a lolita to be aka really loves lolita but too poor to buy attire at the moment VuV have fun~
ACen COSPLAYS 2015:

Giratina


#11 User is offline   Haruhime 

  • Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 65053
  • Posts: 11
  • Joined: 17-February 14
  • Location:Iowa

Posted 20 February 2014 - 06:44 PM

View Postrococopuff, on 19 February 2014 - 04:37 PM, said:

Hi! I'm from Iowa City, right next door! Haha :3 I've been cosplaying and going to cons around the midwest for almost ten years, chances are I've seen you around. I also adore lolita, I'm kind of in eternal love with Metamorphose...Although I've been in obsessed for ages, I just started my wardrobe not too long ago so it's ity-bitty. I'm definitely in need of more loli-friends <3

ACen is wicked fun though, I'm sure you'll love it! Do you have any cosplays planned out? I'd love to know who you were from Rozen Maiden, the character designs are fantastical!


Oh, awesome!! I love Metamorphose also, but Angelic Pretty will always have my heart - I suppose a lot of sweet lolitas are like that though haha. Right now I have a few Bodyline items, and I'm looking to put together a full coord before Anime Midwest, since Baby the Stars Shine Bright will be there!!

Also, I cosplayed Kanaria! Here's a picture.


View PostTwilight Sparkle, on 19 February 2014 - 08:04 PM, said:

Ahhhh hello there! I am a lolita as well, and I would love to hang out with you at ACen! I personally am more of a classical lolita myself tho. orz;; But I have had my eye on a few sweet prints for a while noww if they ever pop up on EGL or lacemarket. I probably won't have any of my coords on my because I am picking Anime Midwest as my lolita wearing con this year when I am not busy with being staff, but it would still be fun to talk to someone about lolita at ACen! <33 Any time I get to talk to someone about lolita is super fun. Also have you seen that 'Secret Life of the Lolita' mocumentary DeerStalker/Melody Doll put out? It's so funny and you should totally watch if you haven't!


Yay!! I love classical as well, and I'd love to add classical dresses and blouses to my wardrobe soon ; u; it's so pretty! I stalk Lacemarket and EGL constantly, it's kind of sad. I'm thinking of going to Anime Midwest also, and my boyfriend is actually on staff too!! He's been on staff for those conventions from the beginning. I've seen Secret Life of the Lolita and I love it!

View PostFantasia, on 20 February 2014 - 05:08 PM, said:

hello there, sweetie! welcome to the forums! and also, being your first ACen, I hope you have a blast!
I am a lolita to be aka really loves lolita but too poor to buy attire at the moment VuV have fun~


Thank you so much <3 Lolita is so expensive, I guess that's what makes it so unique anyway!
ACen 2014 Cosplays:
Nonon Jakuzure (Kill La Kill) // Mirai Kuriyama (Beyond the Boundary) // Plugsuit! Asuka Langley Soryu (Evangelion) // Sweet Lolita Coord
(●⌒∇⌒●)

#12 User is offline   Yuriko 

  • Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 65041
  • Posts: 1
  • Joined: 15-February 14

Posted 21 February 2014 - 10:02 AM

the Iowa Lolita's are having a get together at the Coralridge mall this sunday at noon.

#13 User is offline   Haruhime 

  • Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 65053
  • Posts: 11
  • Joined: 17-February 14
  • Location:Iowa

Posted 21 February 2014 - 03:35 PM

View PostYuriko, on 21 February 2014 - 10:02 AM, said:

the Iowa Lolita's are having a get together at the Coralridge mall this sunday at noon.


Yep! I'm in the Facebook group. I don't know if I can attend or not, but I hope I can!
ACen 2014 Cosplays:
Nonon Jakuzure (Kill La Kill) // Mirai Kuriyama (Beyond the Boundary) // Plugsuit! Asuka Langley Soryu (Evangelion) // Sweet Lolita Coord
(●⌒∇⌒●)

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users