Anime Central Forums: Reserving an open/free room for 2015 - Anime Central Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Reserving an open/free room for 2015

#1 User is offline   Level-5 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 62879

Posted 07 February 2014 - 10:07 PM

I'm asking now because its best to start now than later.

I can't go to ACen this year due to health concerns as well as a funeral but I should be (god willingly) be able to go next year. My question is that:

Does the Hyatt/Embassy have open rooms for me to reserve outside of the room block? Not within. If so how soon can I make a reservation? I'm hoping that someone from staff could kindly help me with this? I don't want to get confused nor make a mistake.

This post has been edited by Level-5: 08 February 2014 - 01:32 AM

#2 User is offline   KungPowKirby 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Addict
  • Member No.: 53583

Posted 07 February 2014 - 10:50 PM

Probably not- this is way too far in advance. Normally hotels take reservations no earlier than a year before- if not later than that. As far as to find out if they have rooms available outside the room block you would contact the hotel. As people told you before ACen only deal with rooms within the room block. Everything else needs to go through the hotel- if they have them great if they do not there's nothing anyone here can do.
No Soap = No Waifu Winner of the 2015 "Got Soap" slogan contest. ;)

"If this body is not capable of action, I suggest new leadership is needed. I move for a vote of no confidence in Chancellor Valorum's leadership."- Queen Amidala; Star Wars: Phantom Menace

#3 User is offline   MagnusBlue 

• HCSR Officer
  • Pip
  • Group: Officer
  • Member No.: 58758

Posted 08 February 2014 - 07:55 AM

View PostLevel-5, on 07 February 2014 - 10:07 PM, said:

I'm asking now because its best to start now than later.

I can't go to ACen this year due to health concerns as well as a funeral but I should be (god willingly) be able to go next year. My question is that:

Does the Hyatt/Embassy have open rooms for me to reserve outside of the room block? Not within. If so how soon can I make a reservation? I'm hoping that someone from staff could kindly help me with this? I don't want to get confused nor make a mistake.

Due to the size of the event. The Hyatt, Embassy, and DoubleTree do not typically have rooms outside the ACen block. If you're trying to make sure that you have a room for 2015, the ACen Hyatt room block is currently planned to be open within a week of closing ceremonies for ACen 2014. More information will be made available in the next few months.

Get well and we hope to see you next year.

Michael A Falco
Venue Relations Chair to the Finance Committee 2014-2015
Midwest Animation Promotion Society

Hotel & Convention Site Relations Officer (HCSR) 2011-2014
Convention Operations Department Head 2010-2011
Anime Central (ACen) 2009-2014

#4 User is offline   Level-5 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 08 February 2014 - 11:59 PM

View PostMagnusBlue, on 08 February 2014 - 07:55 AM, said:

Due to the size of the event. The Hyatt, Embassy, and DoubleTree do not typically have rooms outside the ACen block. If you're trying to make sure that you have a room for 2015, the ACen Hyatt room block is currently planned to be open within a week of closing ceremonies for ACen 2014. More information will be made available in the next few months.

Get well and we hope to see you next year.

Thank you.

You said 'typically.' Is there anyway I can find out if its possible on both ends? I didn't want to call the hotel and they tell me no if ACen tells me yes or the other way around.

This post has been edited by Level-5: 09 February 2014 - 12:00 AM

#5 User is offline   dchan 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 1155

Posted 10 February 2014 - 09:05 AM

View PostLevel-5, on 08 February 2014 - 11:59 PM, said:

Thank you.

You said 'typically.' Is there anyway I can find out if its possible on both ends? I didn't want to call the hotel and they tell me no if ACen tells me yes or the other way around.

If the hotel tells you no there's nothing that ACen is going to be able to do about it. All 3 hotels normally book exactly 1 year out. i.e. Today is 2/10/14, so you can only book through the night of 2/9 checking out on 2/10/15. So you can try on May 17th of this year to reserve a room at any of those hotels for next year. If you can't, it will be because the only rooms available are reserved for the block which hasn't opened yet.

#6 User is offline   Level-5 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 11 February 2014 - 06:40 PM

View Postdchan, on 10 February 2014 - 09:05 AM, said:

If the hotel tells you no there's nothing that ACen is going to be able to do about it. All 3 hotels normally book exactly 1 year out. i.e. Today is 2/10/14, so you can only book through the night of 2/9 checking out on 2/10/15. So you can try on May 17th of this year to reserve a room at any of those hotels for next year. If you can't, it will be because the only rooms available are reserved for the block which hasn't opened yet.

Yeah I'm trying to find out if the only rooms available are under the block or not (or would ACen know this.)

Also what are the dates for 2015? Has it been announced yet?

#7 User is offline   WatchJessieGo 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 63035

Posted 11 February 2014 - 06:44 PM

http://animecons.com...me_Central_2015

Not sure if it's legit or not. >.>
ACen 2015 cosplay:
Oktavia von Seckendorff (Puella Magi Madoka Magica) - 0% (planning stages)
Fem!Slenderman - 30%
Shirahoshi Hime (One Piece) - 50%

#8 User is offline   Huntress 

• Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 65306

Posted 11 April 2014 - 12:54 AM

For 2015, you should also open the Embassy earlier too before September cause it makes it easier to reserve and also get more Thursday's.

#9 User is offline   Level-5 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 02 June 2014 - 10:25 AM

Still having issues here.

I called previously and they told me to wait until its a full year (such as if the convention is during April 11th I would have to call sometime after April 11 to reserve a room.) So I called Embassy recently and they told me that they can not reserve me a room because Anime central has the whole hotel on lock down until they finish discussing convention block plans with the Hilton themselves. So I can't even find out the rates outside of the room block. The lady couldn't give me a specific time either, just to call back in June/July.

I wanted to do the Embassy because I could get free rooms a lot faster than the Hyatt.

This post has been edited by Level-5: 02 June 2014 - 10:27 AM

#10 User is offline   AnimeGeek120 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 59499

Posted 02 June 2014 - 02:00 PM

I was at the Embassy this year and specifically asked about booking rooms for next year (outside the block) and was told that all rooms were set aside for ACen and the computer wouldn't even let her process a room for that weekend. So we'll just have to wait till the room block opens. (I would imagine it would be somewhere in $180-$190 for a double and around $200 for a king room.)

Also this year, when room blocks are announced can they go out via e-mail or something a few days in advance. I missed the announcement for the Embassy because the FB announcement didn't show up in my feed and it was only announced in the forums like a day or two ahead of time. I work 13-hour days and it's so much easier for me to check my e-mail quick than to try to go through the forums or FB.

Just a suggestion.

#11 User is offline   Level-5 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 04 June 2014 - 12:34 PM

View PostAnimeGeek120, on 02 June 2014 - 02:00 PM, said:

I was at the Embassy this year and specifically asked about booking rooms for next year (outside the block) and was told that all rooms were set aside for ACen and the computer wouldn't even let her process a room for that weekend. So we'll just have to wait till the room block opens. (I would imagine it would be somewhere in $180-$190 for a double and around $200 for a king room.)

Also this year, when room blocks are announced can they go out via e-mail or something a few days in advance. I missed the announcement for the Embassy because the FB announcement didn't show up in my feed and it was only announced in the forums like a day or two ahead of time. I work 13-hour days and it's so much easier for me to check my e-mail quick than to try to go through the forums or FB.

Just a suggestion.

The only issue with this is that I can't use my points along with the room block. :/ The choice between buying a room under the room block and paying 700-800 bucks or the choice of getting two-three nights for free (or four if I'm lucky.) I will most likely pick the latter.

I was informed here and I couldn't believe what was said:

http://www.ACen.org/...ent-beforehand/

I just find it unfair that Anime central forces you to go in the room block under the Embassy if you want a room at that hotel and they don't do this with the Hyatt. I don't understand why considering that other people might want free rooms and not everyone goes to ACen in that specific hotel. I'm going to try the Double tree too since its under the Hilton name.

I still haven't gotten a clear answer about why ACen does this. I'm posting here because there's no information on the website about any of this.

This post has been edited by Level-5: 04 June 2014 - 12:37 PM

#12 User is offline   randy r 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 523

Posted 25 June 2014 - 08:48 AM

Who said you couldn't use your points? I have used my HiltonHonors points and bonuses when I have reserved room at the Embassy for ACen. I log into HiltonHonors and then go from there to reserve at the Embassy. What you do is find out what the ACen code is(and it usually posted on the site)and enter it when you make your reservation. You get the ACen rates plus you can get your points and use any perks you have accumulated.

View PostLevel-5, on 04 June 2014 - 12:34 PM, said:

The only issue with this is that I can't use my points along with the room block. :/ The choice between buying a room under the room block and paying 700-800 bucks or the choice of getting two-three nights for free (or four if I'm lucky.) I will most likely pick the latter.

I was informed here and I couldn't believe what was said:

http://www.ACen.org/...ent-beforehand/

I just find it unfair that Anime central forces you to go in the room block under the Embassy if you want a room at that hotel and they don't do this with the Hyatt. I don't understand why considering that other people might want free rooms and not everyone goes to ACen in that specific hotel. I'm going to try the Double tree too since its under the Hilton name.

I still haven't gotten a clear answer about why ACen does this. I'm posting here because there's no information on the website about any of this.

randy

What, me worry?- Alfred E. Newman

#13 User is offline   Knowltey 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 65446

Posted 26 June 2014 - 04:19 AM

View Postrandy r, on 25 June 2014 - 08:48 AM, said:

Who said you couldn't use your points? I have used my HiltonHonors points and bonuses when I have reserved room at the Embassy for ACen. I log into HiltonHonors and then go from there to reserve at the Embassy. What you do is find out what the ACen code is(and it usually posted on the site)and enter it when you make your reservation. You get the ACen rates plus you can get your points and use any perks you have accumulated.

Hilton and Hyatt may have different policies regarding points usage while also using special rates.

#14 User is offline   Level-5 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 27 June 2014 - 04:22 PM

View Postrandy r, on 25 June 2014 - 08:48 AM, said:

Wait you said the website can do this? I usually call and they couldn't do the block+whatever hilton honor points I have. Its weird because I've been calling for months now and even asking on the forums and facebook of Anime central and you're the first person I know of that tells me such a thing. Do you know if you have any issues calling?

If I could I could hug you and kiss you. I'll call and ask and if not I'll see if it works online.

#15 User is offline   randy r 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 01 July 2014 - 10:06 AM

I have done it both over the phone and through th website. If you phone, use the Hilton Honors number- 1-800-HHONORS (+1-800-446-6677)and then have your HHonors number ready. After you give them your number, tell them the dates, the event(Anime Central/MAPS), and the discount code. They'll ask you what kind of room, How many people, How you want to pay. They will even email a copy of your reservation to you.

As for online, just go to the Embassy website, log into your HHonors account at the top of the page, and do the find a hotel search. At the bottom of that panel, there is a "Add a special rate code". Click on it, type in the code for ACen, and off you go.

I've been doing it this way since I started staying at the Embassy.

View PostLevel-5, on 27 June 2014 - 04:22 PM, said:

Wait you said the website can do this? I usually call and they couldn't do the block+whatever hilton honor points I have. Its weird because I've been calling for months now and even asking on the forums and facebook of Anime central and you're the first person I know of that tells me such a thing. Do you know if you have any issues calling?

If I could I could hug you and kiss you. I'll call and ask and if not I'll see if it works online.

This post has been edited by randy r: 01 July 2014 - 10:07 AM

randy

#16 User is offline   randy r 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 01 July 2014 - 10:13 AM

Both are part of the Hilton chain, and both use the your same HHonors account number across sites. If you do a search on one site, you can do a search for ANY Hilton chain hotel, which includes Hilton, Doubletree, Embassy, Hampton Inn.

View PostKnowltey, on 26 June 2014 - 04:19 AM, said:

Hilton and Hyatt may have different policies regarding points usage while also using special rates.

randy

#17 User is offline   Knowltey 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 65446

Posted 20 July 2014 - 12:23 PM

View Postrandy r, on 01 July 2014 - 10:13 AM, said:

Both are part of the Hilton chain, and both use the your same HHonors account number across sites. If you do a search on one site, you can do a search for ANY Hilton chain hotel, which includes Hilton, Doubletree, Embassy, Hampton Inn.

Hyatt isn't owned by Hilton. I'm really not sure where you're getting that information from.

#18 User is offline   JujuFox 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 45794

Posted 20 July 2014 - 01:35 PM

View PostKnowltey, on 20 July 2014 - 12:23 PM, said:

Hyatt isn't owned by Hilton. I'm really not sure where you're getting that information from.

Yep you can confirm that here: http://hhonors3.hilt...N,BrandSup,Tile

Hyatt is not a part of the Hilton brands, and does not use the Hilton HHonors rewards points. The Hyatt's reward system is the Hyatt Gold Passport(http://www.hyatt.com...jsp?language=en).
Attending since 2005 ~ Artist Alley '06, '11, '12, '13, & '14

Cosplays 2014: Friday: Ness(female version) Saturday: Chell Sunday: Myself
Cosplays 2013: Friday: Major Motoko Kusanagi(picture) Saturday: Chell(picture) Sunday: Ness(picture)

Check out my shop Geeky Cute Crochet on Etsy!

#19 User is offline   randy r 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 24 July 2014 - 03:53 AM

My mistake. Misread the hotels involved. Hilton, Embassy, and Doubletree all part of same chain, so you can use HHonors points and perks at any of them. Tjey do save me money.
randy

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users