• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Pony VA's To ACen? My little pony Vas

#1 User is offline   B-Man 

• Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 58846

Posted 27 January 2014 - 06:39 PM

Ok So ACen has been around for years with its many Japanese and other Famous Us Guests! But how bout something a little different Since There have been a few My little pony photoshoots! ^^ How Bout some Vas To Come to ACen Like Andrea Libman, Cathy Westluck, Michelle Creber or maybe even Tara Strong ((even though i met Tara Already... lol )) Im just saying it would rise ACen up a bit if we Can Get some of these Vas since theyve been in other Cartoons like We all know Tara Did Raven and She Does Great! So all im just saying is do you think it be too Hard To Get Some of these Here To Rosemont Cause i messaged Andrea Libman on twitter a few days ago about coming to a Chicago Con and She loves The idea She would love to come to one if possible! ^^ So what do you guys think?
The BlackMan Brony/Anime Man ^^

#2 User is offline   feuerwerke 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 63062

Posted 27 January 2014 - 10:15 PM

Nooot likely. ACen tends to focus on actual anime-related guests. If any of the MLP voice actresses worked on anime, it may be possible, but you'd have to look at their credits and state what anime they've done.
ACen 2014 cosplays
  • Junko Enoshima

#3 User is offline   rondo 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 9075

Posted 28 January 2014 - 08:47 AM

View Postfeuerwerke, on 27 January 2014 - 10:15 PM, said:

Nooot likely. ACen tends to focus on actual anime-related guests. If any of the MLP voice actresses worked on anime, it may be possible, but you'd have to look at their credits and state what anime they've done.

Most have had parts in various anime. A couple have been a part of Black Lagoon and Tara worked on a couple of Ghibli movies. Nothing major though.

You'd be more likely to get VA's from Japan who do voiceovers for MLP.

#4 User is offline   feuerwerke 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 63062

Posted 28 January 2014 - 12:28 PM

View Postrondo, on 28 January 2014 - 08:47 AM, said:

Most have had parts in various anime. A couple have been a part of Black Lagoon and Tara worked on a couple of Ghibli movies. Nothing major though.

You'd be more likely to get VA's from Japan who do voiceovers for MLP.

I'm aware, but the case for inviting them would have to be grounded in that, not in MLP. Because of their work in MLP they're probably fairly expensive to get, and ACen wants to focus its actual programming on anime-related things (they reject MLP panels every year, check the approved and denied panels lists from various years if you don't believe me). So unless a convincing case for them being good, anime relevant guests can be made, I kind of doubt if ACen will want to get them.

(Which is fine with me, I come to ACen for anime. There are MLP cons now for all your MLP needs)
ACen 2014 cosplays
  • Junko Enoshima

#5 User is offline   B-Man 

• Pip

Posted 28 January 2014 - 03:00 PM

View Postfeuerwerke, on 28 January 2014 - 12:28 PM, said:

I'm aware, but the case for inviting them would have to be grounded in that, not in MLP. Because of their work in MLP they're probably fairly expensive to get, and ACen wants to focus its actual programming on anime-related things (they reject MLP panels every year, check the approved and denied panels lists from various years if you don't believe me). So unless a convincing case for them being good, anime relevant guests can be made, I kind of doubt if ACen will want to get them.

(Which is fine with me, I come to ACen for anime. There are MLP cons now for all your MLP needs)

Well its not really gonna happen but it was a thought lol

#6 User is offline   rondo 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 28 January 2014 - 03:01 PM

View Postfeuerwerke, on 28 January 2014 - 12:28 PM, said:

I agree since the topic at hand relates to the English VA's. As for expensive, I have some doubts since a number of them go to cons that have much smaller attendance numbers/young in comparison to a con such as ACen.

I'm also a bit intrigued to see if MLP can get a little more play with ACen now that it has essentially become a small part of Japanese pop culture and there is alot of crossover fandom. As has been beaten about the past number of years, particularly when the dances/raves come into discussion, Japanese culture has been stressed quite heavily as the real overall focal point..staying away from being focused solely on anime so that music, clothing, live action, and such could be included into this specific con's scope.

Aside from that, a League of Legends panel is an example of just how wide that scope has become.

I came for anime back in 2000 but the con has changed quite a bit since then and anime's time in the limelight has given way to a much broader range of interests.

This post has been edited by rondo: 28 January 2014 - 03:09 PM

#7 User is offline   B-Man 

• Pip

Posted 28 January 2014 - 03:05 PM

In My Mind as long as the didnt cancel the photoshoots thats fine by me

View Postrondo, on 28 January 2014 - 03:01 PM, said:

I agree since the topic at hand relates to the English VA's. As for expensive, I have some doubts since a number of them go to cons that have much smaller attendance numbers/young in comparison to a con such as ACen.

I'm also a bit intrigued to see if MLP can get a little more play with ACen now that it has essentially become a small part of Japanese pop culture. As has been beaten about the past number of years, particularly when the dances/raves come into discussion and focus still is on anime, Japanese culture has been stressed quite heavily as the real overall focal point..staying away from being focused solely on anime so that music, clothing, live action, and such could be included into this specific con's scope.

I came for anime back in 2000 but the con has changed quite a bit since then and anime's time in the limelight has given way to a much broader scope of interests.

Ahhhh i see well its ok i mean like i said it probably wont happen but i just had a thought on it im still going as my OC pony character and Bray Wyatt from wwe

This post has been edited by B-Man: 28 January 2014 - 03:08 PM

#8 User is offline   rondo 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 28 January 2014 - 03:07 PM

View PostB-Man, on 28 January 2014 - 03:05 PM, said:

Ahhhh i see well its ok i mean like i said it probably wont happen but i just had a thought on it

Oh I know, it's chances are less than zero. It doesn't hurt to suggest things though.

Honestly, a panel comparing the American and Japanese versions could be one that may fit into ACen's vision..if done right. Someone would have to make one heck of a compelling argument though.

This post has been edited by rondo: 28 January 2014 - 03:12 PM

#9 User is offline   B-Man 

• Pip

Posted 28 January 2014 - 03:10 PM

View Postrondo, on 28 January 2014 - 03:07 PM, said:

Oh I know, it's chances are less than zero. It doesn't hurt to suggest things though.

Yeahh..

#10 User is offline   Dark Spellmaster 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 24895

Posted 10 March 2014 - 05:18 PM

In regards to the VAs of My Little Pony in Anime....

Tara Strong: Kaya (Princess Mononoki), Boh (Spirited Away), The Animatrix: Final Flight of the Osiris, Yumi(Tekkaman Blade II), Sailor Moon S, Otsuru, Jiro (Afro Samurai), Rachel (Ninja Gaiden an NG Stigma), Guppy (Robotech invasion), Presea Combatir, Corrine (Tales of Symphonia), Kaede Smith (Killer 7), Sakura Mizrahi (Xenosaga Episode II), Kluke (Blue Dragon), Rikku (KHII), Arin (Onimusha:DoD), Paz (MGS: Peace Walker), Durga (Ashura's Wrath)....

Andrea Libman: Dragon Ball (1995 English dub) - Chi-Chi, Penny (first movie)
Elemental Gelade - Orega
Gundam 00 - Mileina Vashti
Kishin Corps: Alien Defender Geo-Armor - Cookie
Maison Ikkoku - Ikuko Otonashi (Eps. 1-36)
Mega Man: Upon a Star - Roll
Night Warriors: Darkstalkers' Revenge - Anita

Cathy Weseluck: Black Lagoon - Garcia Lovelace
Dragon Ball Z - Chaozu, Puar, East Kai, Young Trunks, Chiko, Lemilia, Marron, Erasa
Death Note - Near/Nate River, additional female voices
Funky Fables - Various Characters
Hamtaro - Snoozer, Laura's Mom, Omarr
Hikaru no Go - Yuki Mitani, Hikaru's Mom
Kurozuka - Saniwa
MegaMan: the Original Series - Roll
Mobile Suit Gundam and Mobile Suit Gundam: Char's Counterattack - Mirai Yashima
Mobile Suit Gundam Wing - Catherine Bloom (35-49), Dorothy Catalonia
Gundam Wing: Endless Waltz - Catherine Bloom (Movie Version only), Dorothy Catalonia
Mobile Suit Gundam 00 - Kati Mannequin, Revive Revival
S.A.C. Individual Eleven - Tachikoma
S.A.C. Laughing Man - Tachikoma
Hamtaro - Marian Haruna, Kylie's cousin Ethan, Snoozer, Omar, additional voices
InuYasha - Kagome's mother/Mrs. Higurashi, Ayumi, Additional voices
Let's Go Quintuplets - Harold
Ogre Slayer - Setsuko
Powerpuff Girls Z - Ken Utonium, Bubbles' Grandmother
Project A-ko - C-ko Kotobuki
Project ARMS - Misa
Ranma ½ - Shampoo, Azusa Shiratori, Yuka, Additional Voices
Shakugan no Shana - Khamsin Nbh'w (Season 1)
The Story of Saiunkoku - Court Lady 3, Lady, Lady of the Night 3, Ryushin
Transformers: Armada - Boy at Carnival

Tabitha St. Germain: .hack//Roots - Asta, Nazo Grunty
Black Lagoon - Roberta
Boys Over Flowers - Yuki Matsuoka
Death Note - Naomi Misora
Dokkoida!? - Ruri Umeki, Edelweiss
Dragonball Z (Ocean Group dub) - Kid Dende (as Paulina Gillis), Gotenks
Dragon Drive - Chibisuke
Earth Girl Arjuna - Sayuri Shirakawa
Galaxy Angel S - Ranpha Franboise
Galaxy Angel X - Ranpha Franboise
Hamtaro - Pashmina
Infinite Ryvius - Criff Kei
InuYasha - Nazuna, Sayo, Koume
Let's Go Quintuplets - Krystal
MegaMan NT Warrior - Maddy (Madoi or Madd)
Mirmo! - Katie Minami
Gundam SEED - Flay Allster, Birdy (Torii), Haro
Gundam SEED Destiny - Birdy (Torii), Haro, Abby Windsor, Hilda Harken
Gundam 00 - Soma Peries, Haro
Popotan - Konami, Unagi, Magical Girl Lilo
Powerpuff Girls Z - Miss Keane, Ivy, Violet, Sapphire
Ranma 1/2 - Yuki Onna
Shakugan no Shana - Shana (Season 1), Domino, Rinne (Baby; ep 1)
Star Ocean EX - Precis F. Newman
Sword of the Stranger - Mu-Mao, Yori
Transformers: Armada - Alexis
Transformers: Energon - Alexis
Transformers: Cybertron - Professor Lucy Suzuki
Tokyo Underground - Shiel Messiah
Zoids Fuzors - Sandra, Ciao, Female TV Announcer

Ashleigh Ball: Black Lagoon Hänsel
Shakugan no Shana Yukari Hirai
Death Note Shiori Akino
(Only been doing voice acting since 2005)

Michelle is the only one that hasn't done anime, but the other ladies have all done either anime or provided voices for a Japanese video game. So given this list, yeah I think there's enough reason to invite them.

This post has been edited by Dark Spellmaster: 10 March 2014 - 05:23 PM

~@~ Delightfully Playing: Prima-Vocaloid 0%, Mew-Two 80%, Muppeters -100% -2014 ~@~
~*@*~ 2013:The Riddler, Muppeters, Mew-Two 2012: The Riddler, Shadow Fairy 2011: Rinslet from Black Cat, Carmen Sandiego,Wanda from Fairly Odd Parents. 2010: Younger Walter, Carmen Sandiego. 2009: Goku from Saiyuki~*@*~

DEVIL MAY CRY SAGA PANEL 2013

Pardon the Pause is a Podcast that focuses on Geek culture:
Pardon the Pause

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users