• You cannot reply to this topic

Vent your excitement here! Because May is a long time away :<

#1 User is offline   WatchJessieGo 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 63035

Posted 23 January 2014 - 09:05 AM

I'm absolutely beside myself now that I've finalized my plans for ACen and I'm sure a lot of you feel the same way, so I thought I'd start a thread to vent just how excited we are as we slowly push through the winter months in anticipation of that glorious month called May!

A couple of days ago my only roommate bailed so I was looking at going alone, but I met someone in one of my psychology classes who, as of yesterday, is totally down for going and is going to find us another roommate as well. So I'm very excited that I'll be able to spend my time with, you know, people I know at least a bit. XD I'll be flying in from KY and I'm really excited about that as well, what with this being my first flight and all. (I could ride the bus/train for a significantly cheaper price, but that would take 9-13 hours compared to 1 hour by plane, sooo I'm flying so I don't have to sit for the better part of a day and don't miss out on any fun like last year when I had to miss the Kalafina concert!)

Last year was such a great time even though I was too lost to make it to any of the photoshoots I wanted to go to. I WILL be studying the map ahead of time this time around, though! I'm getting super pumped and I don't know how I'm going to make it until May! Hopefully school will keep me distracted as the pace quickens up. ^^"

Anyway, how excited are you guys? What are your travel/convention plans? :D
ACen 2015 cosplay:

Mairu Orihara - Durarara
Junko Enoshima - Dangan Ronpa
Komari Kamikita - Little Busters
Erio Touwa - Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko

#2 User is offline   Mistress of Ecclectia 

• Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 62404

Posted 23 January 2014 - 10:12 AM

I'm ecstatic! It's the week of my birthday, so I'm going to celebrate it there. I've never gone to either of the raves, so I'm going to see if my boyfriend will actually take me this time. I live about 16 minutes away if I take the expressway. My boyfriend and I are hosting a room for the first time. I'm really hoping that this will be my first drama-free ACen and that no one ruins it!

#3 User is offline   MCP 3.3 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 64951

Posted 27 January 2014 - 04:30 PM

I am very excited as well, more than in previous years. My younger brother is also getting married in August so I am wondering if I could turn this into a sort of very early bachelor party type event for him.
END OF LINE.

#4 User is offline   C-B 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 65009

Posted 07 February 2014 - 04:43 AM

First time being back after suffering some serious "Con Burn". That, and someone decided to threaten me if I didn't come back. She knows who she is. So, back I am, with yet another, shorter username. It'll be fun to go with no responsibilities as just an attendee. I guess that means I can do more of what I want and not have to worry about being pulled into work again. I'm just happier then really any comparison that I can think of to be back.
"Conscripted" Volunteer ADH - 2014

#5 User is offline   Whodigiya 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 63372

Posted 15 February 2014 - 06:00 PM

May/June are going to be crazy this year. I've got ACen, London Comic Con, and A-Kon lined up. I hope to live to tell about it... Last year London Comic Con had 88,000 people attending. I'm not sure if I'm ready for that.

ACen will be a blast, because this time I've got a good group of people going with me as opposed to going it alone like I did last year. That and hopefully my panel will be approved.
Everything I say is either true or extremely handsome!

#6 User is offline   WatchJessieGo 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 63035

Posted 17 February 2014 - 10:58 AM

My best friend changed her mind and has decided to come to ACen with me this year! My other hotel roommates have decided not to come, so it'll just be me and her like last time, so I'm excited since last year we had a blast! I canceled my reservation at the Marriott Suites so the two of us will be staying at the Aloft like last year since we don't need a ton of space anymore. (Good thing I kept my reservation that I made in November just in case!)

I'm really excited about the cosplay I'll be bringing to the con, especially Lara Croft and Shirahoshi Hime!
ACen 2015 cosplay:

Mairu Orihara - Durarara
Junko Enoshima - Dangan Ronpa
Komari Kamikita - Little Busters
Erio Touwa - Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko

#7 User is offline   Fantasia 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 63205

Posted 19 March 2014 - 09:54 AM

bringing this back...
I am excited to go to ACen this year as a full attendee! staying the entire weekend in a hotel room with friends. I am super excited for that, and the new cosplays I am gonna bring.
ACen COSPLAYS 2015:

Giratina

#8 User is offline   anthony886 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 61303

Posted 05 April 2014 - 08:24 AM

I'm so glad May is close now, I'm always the one who plans my groups ACen and puts all the logistics together, (I've done it ever since my friends booked the wrong Hyatt 3 years ago) right now everything set and ready to go,got the room, and head count which is low this year, normally I put every thing together for 12-15ish people but this year it's only 8 in my group so it's much easier
2013 Soul Eater (from Soul Eater)

~~~~~past cosplay~~~~~~
2010 Soul Reaper Ichigo
2011 Bankai/Vizard Ichigo
2012 Kazakage Gaara

#9 User is offline   Jos 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 64919

Posted 05 April 2014 - 09:43 AM

Vent???

OMG YAY ACen IS SOOOO CLOSE ALMOST A MONTH AWAY I CANT STOP LOOKING AT THE CALENDAR!!! AND I'M WORKING ON MY COSPLAY NON STOP I WANT TO GET IT DONE!! I CANT WAIT TO SEE EVERYONE AT ACen AND I LOVE YOU ALL! =3 40 MORE DAYSSS!

(sorry for cap, im excited ^_^)

#10 User is offline   OhSoChibi 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 65184

Posted 05 April 2014 - 11:03 PM

I'm super excited for ACen this year! I used to go every year but then I had too much drama and just an overall bad experience happen. I haven't done anything cosplay related in two years so I need to cosplay like..now >< I need ACen to replishness my nerdiness. Also my little brother is going with me and not only is it his first ACen it's also his first convention ever. SO I plan on making it awesome! Ever since we decided on going (which was like....last week last minute) I've been overexcited and we're both planning as much as we can. dsfksdlfjsdlfkjd I think I'll explode if the month doesn't go by any faster. I have too much energy...><
oнѕocнιвι

#11 User is offline   KusanagiRobin 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 17338
  • Location:Wanted in the Seireitei for impersonating Byakuya Kuchiki

Posted 10 April 2014 - 10:30 PM

I was pumped ever since they announced Yoshitoshi ABe as a guest, and now that it's April and I got my badge, I'm super-stoked! This'll also be me and my friend's first time at the Embassy Suites; the Hyatt's nice and all, but we always end up a little cramped. Last year we tried the Hilton and that wasn't bad either, but getting to the hamster tunnels/parking garage was a trial and a half.

Cosplay-wise, I'm finally debuting Boogiepop after three years of limited funds, and overall, I'm finally replacing my digital camera. :thumbup: Loose battery cover, no zoom button, the batteries being drained after three hours...good riddance to that!
ACen 2014 Cosplay ("From the Spirit World"):
Fem!Ikkaku Madarame (Bleach) :: San (Princess Mononoke) :: Boogiepop/Touka Miyashita (Boogiepop Phantom)

#12 User is offline   RogueShinobi 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Bigfoot
  • Member No.: 19520

Posted 11 April 2014 - 12:32 PM

Finally finalized my hotel plans. First booked back in december, still wound up at the westin, but a 15 minute walk Is better than nothing. Then realized literally today, that my check in time was on friday...In the middle of the convention...I nearly kicked myself. So I called hotel and decided to add a day so I'll be there Thursday through Sunday. My mistake so I picked up the additional cost for my roomies. So now that everything is squared away I am much more relaxed and don't feel like I am going to die. Well save for the con anticipation that has been building since January 1 when I put the count down on my phone.
"Be you, Be yourself, Let no one change who you are."

"The world is a treacherous place, learn from it, embrace it, make it your own."

Take a look, feel free to comment and leave feedback. Thanks!

Slideshow of a few of my pictures.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users