• You cannot reply to this topic

Samurai Dan needs our help!

#1 User is offline   Gaynor79 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Bigfoot
  • Member No.: 36907

Posted 09 January 2014 - 04:10 PM

Hey ACen fans. It has come to my attention that perennial convention guests and all around nice people Samurai Dan and Jillian have fallen on some hard times and could really use the support of their fans. Apparently Dan was the victim of a fraud scheme and is now severely in debt. There is a fundraiser going on to help send some money their way. So, if everyone could give a little something, hopefully we can pull Dan and Jillian out of this mess.

Support Samurai Dan and Jillian!!!

#2 User is offline   UpcomingCons.com 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 44935

Posted 09 January 2014 - 06:12 PM

Samurai Dan and Jillian are very friendly and fan-friendly people, if you've never met them. If you have met them, you will definitely already know that. :) I hope they can get out of this mess okay.

This post has been edited by UpcomingCons.com: 09 January 2014 - 06:13 PM

UpcomingCons.com - Anime Cons : Sci-Fi Cons : Game Cons
Pictures, Original Reporting, and Much More

#3 User is offline   Gaynor79 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Bigfoot
  • Member No.: 36907

Posted 13 January 2014 - 10:38 PM

I hope someone can sticky this thread or put the link on the ACen front page. This is a big deal.

#4 User is offline   Dark Spellmaster 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 24895

Posted 10 March 2014 - 03:28 PM

Oh man, I met them last year and this year I was hoping to check out their events at ACen. Maybe ACen can help with a fundraiser? Have you emailed the people in charge of ACen and seen what they say about this? I don't think they can directly create a fundraiser due to various things regarding charity and the position of the convention, but I think that there can be something done about it in other ways?
~@~ Delightfully Playing: Prima-Vocaloid 0%, Mew-Two 80%, Muppeters -100% -2014 ~@~
~*@*~ 2013:The Riddler, Muppeters, Mew-Two 2012: The Riddler, Shadow Fairy 2011: Rinslet from Black Cat, Carmen Sandiego,Wanda from Fairly Odd Parents. 2010: Younger Walter, Carmen Sandiego. 2009: Goku from Saiyuki~*@*~

DEVIL MAY CRY SAGA PANEL 2013

Pardon the Pause is a Podcast that focuses on Geek culture:
Pardon the Pause

#5 User is offline   manga1 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 53231

Posted 29 April 2014 - 01:43 AM

thats terrorable, they are such a great group, and soo fan friendly, not to mention goofy, last year they even showed us the two expensive swords they had one was 50000 dollers us, and the other was 25000 my eyes bugged out when they told me those were the ones they were clanging around on stage and the price of the one 700 year old sword.

I hope they are able to make it this year they are such fun, and tell the real truth of the fudal era japan fighting arts, no wannabe arts here with them, and the real living history is what they teach.

#6 User is offline   TheStrongJaeger 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 307

Posted 29 April 2014 - 10:19 AM

View Postmanga1, on 29 April 2014 - 01:43 AM, said:

thats terrorable, they are such a great group, and soo fan friendly, not to mention goofy, last year they even showed us the two expensive swords they had one was 50000 dollers us, and the other was 25000 my eyes bugged out when they told me those were the ones they were clanging around on stage and the price of the one 700 year old sword.

I hope they are able to make it this year they are such fun, and tell the real truth of the fudal era japan fighting arts, no wannabe arts here with them, and the real living history is what they teach.

Not to be mean but if they have $75,000 worth of swords sitting around then I don't see why they would need a fundraiser or charity...
All systems... GO!

#7 User is offline   JujuFox 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 45794

Posted 29 April 2014 - 12:35 PM

View PostTheStrongJaeger, on 29 April 2014 - 10:19 AM, said:

Not to be mean but if they have $75,000 worth of swords sitting around then I don't see why they would need a fundraiser or charity...

Arbitrary value. Especially if you're talking about collectibles, memorabilia, historic artifacts, and the like. It all depends on if there is someone out there who wants to buy it for the amount you think you should get for it. Chances are that they can't find a buyer. The value placed on something is meaningless if no one is willing to pay it.

My parents own a Salvador Dali etching(they bought it before he died too), but they haven't been able to sell it for what it was appraised for. There's no demand for it or buyers interested in it. Art is always tough to sell though.

Sadly, this is a case of spending money you don't actually have. They didn't wait until the money was in the bank. It's a hard life lesson.
Attending since 2005 ~ Artist Alley '06, '11, '12, '13, & '14

Cosplays 2014: Friday: Ness(female version) Saturday: Chell Sunday: Myself
Cosplays 2013: Friday: Major Motoko Kusanagi(picture) Saturday: Chell(picture) Sunday: Ness(picture)

Check out my shop Geeky Cute Crochet on Etsy!

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users