• This topic is locked

Bigger Exhibit Hall for 2014

#1 User is offline   Kent 

• Berserker
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 61118

Posted 07 January 2014 - 05:19 PM

I have a question for the Exhibit Hall for 2014, is it going to be bigger? Last year you guys switched sides (Hall F) and it seemed smaller, unless there were just that more people there in 2013. For the first time in 5 years going to ACen there was a line to get in the exhibit hall on saturday and sunday. I liked how you put the registration in a separate hall. Are you guys going to get Hall A back for 2014 and also have the registration separate?
Trying to gather ideas for next cosplay...?!?

#2 User is offline   JujuFox 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 45794

Posted 07 January 2014 - 05:43 PM

I can't find the thread where all this was discussed, but it has been confirmed that we are back in hall A. It should be just like all the previous years.

The reason we were in the other hall is because someone else paid a ton of money to get Hall A. That's what I remember reading anyways... I'll keep looking for the thread where this was all said.

EDIT: Here it is from a MAPS Board member http://www.ACen.org/...ost__p__1108336

This post has been edited by JujuFox: 07 January 2014 - 05:47 PM

Attending since 2005 ~ Artist Alley '06, '11, '12, '13, & '14

Cosplays 2014: Friday: Ness(female version) Saturday: Chell Sunday: Myself
Cosplays 2013: Friday: Major Motoko Kusanagi(picture) Saturday: Chell(picture) Sunday: Ness(picture)

Check out my shop Geeky Cute Crochet on Etsy!

#3 User is offline   Voltaire30 

• Exhibit Space DH
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Department Head
  • Member No.: 8053

Posted 07 January 2014 - 08:41 PM

View PostKent, on 07 January 2014 - 05:19 PM, said:

I have a question for the Exhibit Hall for 2014, is it going to be bigger? Last year you guys switched sides (Hall F) and it seemed smaller, unless there were just that more people there in 2013. For the first time in 5 years going to ACen there was a line to get in the exhibit hall on saturday and sunday. I liked how you put the registration in a separate hall. Are you guys going to get Hall A back for 2014 and also have the registration separate?

Well both halls (in total) are approximately the same size (or at least contain comparable square feet). Hall F had a bend in it, so it made the hall look smaller, and we were not able to use all of the space we wanted. Hall A will allow us to maximize the space available to us, and it should look bigger at the same time.

The line unfortunately was due to increased traffic through the smaller entrance, but I do agree, I enjoyed the Reg Hall being in a separate Hall. This year, Registration will be in the same hall as everyone else though.

View PostJujuFox, on 07 January 2014 - 05:43 PM, said:

I can't find the thread where all this was discussed, but it has been confirmed that we are back in hall A. It should be just like all the previous years.

The reason we were in the other hall is because someone else paid a ton of money to get Hall A. That's what I remember reading anyways... I'll keep looking for the thread where this was all said.

EDIT: Here it is from a MAPS Board member http://www.ACen.org/...ost__p__1108336

:)
Exhibit Space Department Manager 2009, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, & 15
Exhibit Space Assistant Manager 2007 & 08

If you have any Questions, Comments, and/or Concerns, Feel Free to Contact us by using one of the emails below.
ArtistAlley@ACen.org - ArtShow@ACen.org - ExhibitHall@ACen.org - ExhibitSpace@ACen.org

Prior Proper Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance & Promotes Premium Productivity
"The optimistic way to look at your own art, performance, or results when someone tells you that you're not good enough, is to think that there's still room to improve. When you believe your artwork, performance, or results are perfect, it's the end of your career."

#4 User is offline   JujuFox 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 45794

Posted 07 January 2014 - 08:52 PM

I think having the registration in the same hall adds to the excitement. ;)/>
Attending since 2005 ~ Artist Alley '06, '11, '12, '13, & '14

Cosplays 2014: Friday: Ness(female version) Saturday: Chell Sunday: Myself
Cosplays 2013: Friday: Major Motoko Kusanagi(picture) Saturday: Chell(picture) Sunday: Ness(picture)

Check out my shop Geeky Cute Crochet on Etsy!

#5 User is offline   Kent 

• Berserker
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 61118

Posted 07 January 2014 - 10:21 PM

Thanks for the prompt responses looking forward to ACen 2014.
Trying to gather ideas for next cosplay...?!?

#6 User is offline   slicedbread 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Bigfoot
  • Member No.: 21946

Posted 08 January 2014 - 09:05 AM

View PostJujuFox, on 07 January 2014 - 08:52 PM, said:

I think having the registration in the same hall adds to the excitement. Posted Image/>

This! Unless the Reg computers go down again, that was a rough year.
"The pain you feel is your very essence. The essence of the crude animal known as homo sapien."
"Admiration is the state furthest away from understanding."
"It is in changing that we find purpose."
Gallery links below!
2009: Pre-release Espada Stark (Bleach) | 2010: Ryoji Kaji (Evangelion) | 2011: Axel (Kingdom Hearts) + Staff Suite | 2012: n/a | 2013: Future Trunks (DBZ) | 2014: 343 Guilty Spark (Halo)

...LinkedIn......Twitter...
<Only Slightly Used>

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users