• This topic is locked

ACen Forums Meet n Greet

#1 User is offline   Shiggitay 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 60878

Posted 28 December 2013 - 02:11 PM

Hey all. If such a topic exists under a different title, then plop a link to it and close this one, but I think it'd be cool to arrange an ACen forums meet and greet. Someone I know from Otakon arranges such for Otakon, and it's a lot of fun. I'm not necessarily proposing that I'll organize it, but if someone can suggest a place in Chicago itself, or even in Rosemont around the con that'd be cool. I'd like to get this idea going.

Thanks,
Shiggitay
Anime fo lyfe!

Representin' the soon to be here Otakon 2015!! Totally can't wait for Anime Boston 2016 and Anime Central 2016! WOOO WOOO~~~~

-----------------------------Help me out if you can! And please share those links around! Arigatou!!---------------------------
Buy Hatsune Miku -Project DIVA- F 2nd [Famitsu DX Pack] (Japan Version) for PlayStation 3 (PS3)>

Hatsune Miku -Project DIVA- F 2nd | Buy Hatsune Miku -Project DIVA- F 2nd (Japan Version) for PlayStation®Vita (PS Vita)>

#2 User is offline   KungPowKirby 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Addict
  • Member No.: 53583

Posted 28 December 2013 - 02:23 PM

I will be doing it early next year for at the convention itself- before the convention I'm not sure of though.:) You can see last years thread at http://www.ACen.org/...meet-and-greet/

This post has been edited by KungPowKirby: 28 December 2013 - 02:26 PM

"If this body is not capable of action, I suggest new leadership is needed. I move for a vote of no confidence in Chancellor Valorum's leadership."- Queen Amidala; Star Wars: Phantom Menace

#3 User is offline   Shiggitay 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 28 December 2013 - 02:29 PM

I was sort of thinking of doing this on the Thursday of that week or something like that, if not earlier that week. Hmmm

And KPP I now see your signature mentioning you'll update on the forum meet and greet thing you're planning... lol

This post has been edited by Shiggitay: 28 December 2013 - 02:34 PM

Anime fo lyfe!

Representin' the soon to be here Otakon 2015!! Totally can't wait for Anime Boston 2016 and Anime Central 2016! WOOO WOOO~~~~

-----------------------------Help me out if you can! And please share those links around! Arigatou!!---------------------------
Buy Hatsune Miku -Project DIVA- F 2nd [Famitsu DX Pack] (Japan Version) for PlayStation 3 (PS3)>

Hatsune Miku -Project DIVA- F 2nd | Buy Hatsune Miku -Project DIVA- F 2nd (Japan Version) for PlayStation®Vita (PS Vita)>

#4 User is offline   KungPowKirby 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip

Posted 28 December 2013 - 02:37 PM

View PostShiggitay, on 28 December 2013 - 02:29 PM, said:

I was sort of thinking of doing this on the Thursday of that week or something like that, if not earlier that week. Hmmm

And KPP I now see your signature mentioning you'll update on the forum meet and greet thing you're planning... lol

It is on Thursday and always happens at the hotel. Its a several year long tradition. :)/> I would not do it earlier than Thursday because most people wont be there.

I'm making the thread now. There is also a 21+ meet and greet that usually happens after this one. That one is held outside of the hotel. Heres it's thread Link

Edit:
Here is the thread. I made it now.

This post has been edited by KungPowKirby: 28 December 2013 - 02:54 PM

"If this body is not capable of action, I suggest new leadership is needed. I move for a vote of no confidence in Chancellor Valorum's leadership."- Queen Amidala; Star Wars: Phantom Menace

#5 User is offline   KungPowKirby 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip

Posted 28 December 2013 - 03:28 PM

View PostKungPowKirby, on 28 December 2013 - 02:37 PM, said:

It is on Thursday and always happens at the hotel. Its a several year long tradition. :)/>/>/> I would not do it earlier than Thursday because most people wont be there.

I'm making the thread now. There is also a 21+ meet and greet that usually happens after this one. That one is held outside of the hotel. Heres it's thread Link

Edit:
Here is the thread. I made it now.

If you want there used to be an IHOP portion after the meet and greet as an alternative to the 21+ one. I don't think it happened last year as nobody stepped up to plan it- but a lot of people enjoyed that. If you want to do something like that (even if it's not at IHOP) I'll update the annual meet and greet thread to include the information.

#6 User is offline   Shiggitay 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 28 December 2013 - 03:42 PM

View PostKungPowKirby, on 28 December 2013 - 03:28 PM, said:

If you want there used to be an IHOP portion after the meet and greet as an alternative to the 21+ one. I don't think it happened last year as nobody stepped up to plan it- but a lot of people enjoyed that. If you want to do something like that (even if it's not at IHOP) I'll update the annual meet and greet thread to include the information.

Well I don't know Chicago area all that well (not at all actually) so if you know of some good places that welcome small crowds of 20-somethings, then let's maybe plan for that? Oh and I'll be arriving via AMTRAK or plane... not sure which yet, so possibly getting there via the subway system would be preferred.

This post has been edited by Shiggitay: 28 December 2013 - 03:43 PM

Anime fo lyfe!

#7 User is offline   KungPowKirby 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip

Posted 28 December 2013 - 03:47 PM

View PostShiggitay, on 28 December 2013 - 03:42 PM, said:

Well I don't know Chicago area all that well (not at all actually) so if you know of some good places that welcome small crowds of 20-somethings, then let's maybe plan for that? Oh and I'll be arriving via AMTRAK or plane... not sure which yet, so possibly getting there via the subway system would be preferred.

Well I'm not from Chicago- but perhaps someone else can??

#8 User is offline   MOMO2 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 49830

Posted 28 December 2013 - 11:25 PM

I am from Chicago and almost all places will except large groups as long as they are given a heads up. Large groups = more money and good tips. Pizza joints are good like giordano's is right on jackson from union station.
The only thing to fear is yourself.

#9 User is offline   Shiggitay 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 29 December 2013 - 06:57 AM

View PostMOMO2, on 28 December 2013 - 11:25 PM, said:

I am from Chicago and almost all places will except large groups as long as they are given a heads up. Large groups = more money and good tips. Pizza joints are good like giordano's is right on jackson from union station.

Okay well would you like to do the honors then and organize the 21+ meetup after KungPowKirby's at-con meetup? XD
Anime fo lyfe!

#10 User is offline   KungPowKirby 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip

Posted 29 December 2013 - 05:43 PM

View PostShiggitay, on 29 December 2013 - 06:57 AM, said:

Okay well would you like to do the honors then and organize the 21+ meetup after KungPowKirby's at-con meetup? XD

That is not what I was suggesting. I was saying that you might like to organize the IHOP (all ages) portion of the forum meet up - that is after the main meet-up at the Hyatt. This something that I'm not organizing because I do not go. This is an alternative to the 21+ one. The 21+ is a totally separate event that will probably be hosted by the same guys...

This post has been edited by KungPowKirby: 29 December 2013 - 05:50 PM

#11 User is offline   rondo 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 9075

Posted 30 December 2013 - 07:58 AM

Yeah, I don't think the 21+ will have any trouble finding hosts again.

#12 User is offline   -JUNK- 

• Forum Hell Raven
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 19299

Posted 07 January 2014 - 12:40 AM

I'm pretty sure Hiro, ninjajedi, and youngbirdcall. Possibly Isamu and s1nner will be posting their events as the time nears. We are still in the dead time of the forums. See you all then!
ACen 16"

*~Proud Supporter of the GBLT Community.~*

#13 User is offline   KungPowKirby 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip

Posted 07 January 2014 - 02:36 AM

View Post-JUNK-, on 07 January 2014 - 12:40 AM, said:

I'm pretty sure Hiro, ninjajedi, and youngbirdcall. Possibly Isamu and s1nner will be posting their events as the time nears. We are still in the dead time of the forums. See you all then!

Exactly :)

#14 User is offline   Whodigiya 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 63372

Posted 11 February 2014 - 07:40 PM

I'll be going back to both meet-ups if possible.
Everything I say is either true or extremely handsome!

#15 User is offline   brasilianman 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 62095

Posted 21 February 2014 - 02:56 PM

I look forward to this again for last year's event was pretty cool.
ACen Cosplays:
Friday: 9th Dr from Dr Who
Saturday: Goomba from Super Mario Bros
Sunday: Ratio from Hamatora the Animation
Rave Attire: Mordecai from Regular Show in KUNG FU of death... clothing (without the mullet)

#16 User is offline   Prayer Police 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 11087

Posted 27 February 2014 - 12:07 PM

Couldn't the "all-ages dinner" also take place at the MB Financial Park?
Or are all the establishments only 21+ during that time?
^^Post of the Day!!!!^^

FaceBook:Cedric Paul Mamuri DeviantART:PrayerPolice Instagram:PrayerPolice Pinterest:Prayer Police
Twitter:@PrayerPolice XBox gamertag:Prayer Police PS3 account ID:PrayerPolice Steam:Prayer Police

2014 cosplays: Doge......just Doge.

#17 User is offline   KungPowKirby 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip

Posted 27 February 2014 - 12:32 PM

View PostPrayer Police, on 27 February 2014 - 12:07 PM, said:

I'm not sure- Nobody has stepped up to do this though- so the likelihood is it wont happen again.

#18 User is offline   rondo 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 9075

Posted 27 February 2014 - 01:20 PM

View PostPrayer Police, on 27 February 2014 - 12:07 PM, said:

I'm not sure. Most of the establishments, if not all, cater to the adult crowd at dark. The only questionable one on age would probably be the bowling alley.

This post has been edited by rondo: 27 February 2014 - 01:21 PM

#19 User is offline   -JUNK- 

• Forum Hell Raven
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 19299

Posted 27 February 2014 - 06:40 PM

I know a few formers that like going out to dinner like the old meet ups did.
-Toby Kieths Bar and Grill is a 21+ "bar" on weekend nights at 9pm.
So youngins can go eat dinner there on Thursday for a "meet n greet".
:rolleyes:

This post has been edited by -JUNK-: 27 February 2014 - 06:41 PM

ACen 16"

*~Proud Supporter of the GBLT Community.~*

#20 User is offline   brasilianman 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 62095

Posted 06 March 2014 - 11:05 AM

I think it would be best to have a temporary room that we can utilize when doing the meet and greet. I know that the anime viewing rooms are empty on the night before so perhaps we could all meet there before deciding on restaurant (bar hop for 21+) that evening.
ACen Cosplays:
Friday: 9th Dr from Dr Who
Saturday: Goomba from Super Mario Bros
Sunday: Ratio from Hamatora the Animation
Rave Attire: Mordecai from Regular Show in KUNG FU of death... clothing (without the mullet)

#21 User is offline   KungPowKirby 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip

Posted 06 March 2014 - 12:01 PM

View Postbrasilianman, on 06 March 2014 - 11:05 AM, said:

I think it would be best to have a temporary room that we can utilize when doing the meet and greet. I know that the anime viewing rooms are empty on the night before so perhaps we could all meet there before deciding on restaurant (bar hop for 21+) that evening.

The issue is is this that we have no idea what is going to be used or even open for that matter. That's why I proposed using the normal location (first lobby behind the elevators) but having the masquerade/main ballroom hallway in case it's too loud or noisy. I wanted to just move the location- but the polling on the forum meet and greet thread is showing otherwise. I'm pretty sure the guys are going to be posting the 21+ soon.

#22 User is offline   RogueShinobi 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Bigfoot
  • Member No.: 19520

Posted 10 April 2014 - 07:00 AM

View PostKungPowKirby, on 28 December 2013 - 02:23 PM, said:

I will be doing it early next year for at the convention itself- before the convention I'm not sure of though.:)/> You can see last years thread at http://www.ACen.org/...meet-and-greet/

Why must my class end on this day...Seriously, one of the things that I wanted to do I can't because my class runs from 6:30-9:10. Final and a presentation. Hope to meet you guys around the con.
"Be you, Be yourself, Let no one change who you are."

"The world is a treacherous place, learn from it, embrace it, make it your own."

Take a look, feel free to comment and leave feedback. Thanks!

Slideshow of a few of my pictures.

#23 User is offline   KungPowKirby 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip

Posted 10 April 2014 - 09:08 AM

View PostRogueShinobi, on 10 April 2014 - 07:00 AM, said:

Why must my class end on this day...Seriously, one of the things that I wanted to do I can't because my class runs from 6:30-9:10. Final and a presentation. Hope to meet you guys around the con.

We will be around all night so in sure you'll meet some of us. :)

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users