• This topic is locked

Product types questions

#1 User is offline   JujuFox 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 45794

Posted 12 December 2013 - 07:20 PM

So since this is new this year I have a question or two about it.

I make amigurumi which are crocheted yarn plush, so I selected "Fabric Sculptures / Plush" for my product type, but now I'm wondering if I should have selected other instead. Amigurumi can be considered plush toys, but they aren't the same as fabric plush toys. I'm just wondering if getting lumped into plush is a good or bad thing. Maybe I'm over thinking this?

Also, I do sell a very small amount of printed charms of my artwork as well. I disclosed that info in the description, but is that something that will also be taken into consideration if a studio sells a variety of items?

Also-also, will we be organized in the program guide by our product types? I think that might actually be a little helpful if someone wants to look for studios who make specific products that they are interested in.
Attending since 2005 ~ Artist Alley '06, '11, '12, '13, & '14

Cosplays 2014: Friday: Ness(female version) Saturday: Chell Sunday: Myself
Cosplays 2013: Friday: Major Motoko Kusanagi(picture) Saturday: Chell(picture) Sunday: Ness(picture)

Check out my shop Geeky Cute Crochet on Etsy!

#2 User is offline   Voltaire30 

• Exhibit Space DH
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Department Head
  • Member No.: 8053

Posted 12 December 2013 - 07:32 PM

Send us an email about it, and we can make edits for you. You shouldn't have to worry about it from your post.
Exhibit Space Department Manager 2009, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, & 15
Exhibit Space Assistant Manager 2007 & 08

If you have any Questions, Comments, and/or Concerns, Feel Free to Contact us by using one of the emails below.
ArtistAlley@ACen.org - ArtShow@ACen.org - ExhibitHall@ACen.org - ExhibitSpace@ACen.org

Prior Proper Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance & Promotes Premium Productivity
"The optimistic way to look at your own art, performance, or results when someone tells you that you're not good enough, is to think that there's still room to improve. When you believe your artwork, performance, or results are perfect, it's the end of your career."

#3 User is offline   IcyPanther 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 60865

Posted 12 December 2013 - 08:47 PM

I also had a question on the product types.
I sell little tote bags and purse bags and selected "fabric" - I didn't think they were technically considered wearables since they're not clothing, but I wasn't sure if fabric was supposed to refer to something else...?
A lot of my items didn't fit the boxes either (miniature clay sculptures (not mixed media, so I didn't check that), charms and bookmarks) so I just put that all in the description and checked 'other.' Hope that was okay!
I will (hopefully) be attending ACen 2015 as an Artist.
You can view my merchandise at my Etsy Shop.
Or visit my DA for more samples of my chibis and prints.
Feel free to message me with any suggestions or comments!

#4 User is offline   Sen 

• Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 8926

Posted 13 December 2013 - 08:22 AM

should e-mail's regarding any clarification be sent to a specific e-mail or just any of the ones attached on your signature line? and if there is something we wish to add (if we are chosen to be in AA) to our list of products, should we e-mail for approval? for instance, I have been working on anime charm pouches and tarrot cards. this is something that I want to sell but only if I can find a good print company and I might not know how long the order will take to get back to me.but if I am in the AA I would like to sell them if they are ready.
Chibi responds with Yummy Yummy Burger

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users