• This topic is locked

12 Days of ACen Contests

#1 User is offline   Purplegodess 

• MAPS Director & ACen Secretary
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Administrator
  • Member No.: 5803

Posted 01 December 2013 - 11:31 AM

It’s that time of the year again and we’re excited to hold our 12 Days of ACen contest again! There will be 12 contests starting on December 1st and ending on December 12th! Keep an eye out here each day for a special contest that could have you taking home swag packs, free event tickets, or even memberships to our event! The tasks ahead will engage your creativity and imagination all in celebration of the spirit of ACen!

Day 1
December 1st, 2013
A Few of my Favorite Things
Today’s #12DaysofACen task is for our talented tweeters. Tweet us at @animecentral with a few of your favorite things about ACen to be entered into the drawing for an ACen Swag Pack. Winner drawn at 8pm December 1st!
Day 1 Winner
_Daniel Bejarano ‏@strongmendie
A few of my favorite things about ACen are the incredible cosplays, amazin friends and the feeling that indeed, I am home. #12DaysofACen_

Day 2
December 2nd, 2013
Home is Where the Art Is
Calling all ye artists! This year’s art theme is “Sweet Home Chicago”. Your challenge is to create a work of art incorporating our mascots and this theme. Entrants have until 8:00 pm CST on December 4th to enter a piece to production at acen.org, if your file is too large zip it or set up a dropbox for it. A Facebook gallery will be created with Artist’s work on Anime Central’s Facebook where fans can vote on their favorite piece. All pieces for submission must include a Title, Medium, Artist Real Name( you may supply a pen name in addition to your real name if you do not wish your real name to be displayed), and contact email address. To claim prize winner must agree to abide by all rules of the artist alley. Voting will be done by the amount of likes an image receives. All votes(Likes) will be tabulated by December 6th 8:00 pm. The winner will be notified, and receive a free table in the Artist Alley for 2014. This table may not be resold or transferred. Should winner choose to not accept the prize, prize will be offered to the runner up. By submitting your original concept art you give Anime Central, and Midwest Animation Promotion Society, the explicit permission to use said artwork for convention purposes. Any concept art submitted must be original artwork. Anything that is submitted cannot contain any copyrighted or trademarked material (characters, logos, intellectual property, etc.) with the exception of Anime Central’s mascots (Jaye, Elle, and Kit). Limit one entry per paid attendee. Full legal name must be submitted with any entry. All submissions must be G-rated. Remember we are a family friendly convention (no nudity, suggestive posing, etc).

Day 3
December 3rd, 2013
Season’s Eatings
Share with all of your ACen friends a recipe for one of your favorite treats, an while you’re at it let us know what’s so great about it! Contest closes at 8pm CST on December 3rd. Winner receives an ACen Swag pack! To enter use Facebook &Twitter, remember to #12DaysofACen

Day 4
December 4th, 2013
Making A List 
Head over to the 12 Days of ACen store and check out the swag we have to offer. If you could have any 3 items this holiday season from our ACen Merchandise what would they be? If you find yourself the winner of this contest your wish list will be granted, so choose wisely! Contest closes at 8pm CST on December 4th! To enter use Facebook &Twitter, remember to #12DaysofACen

Day 5
December 5th, 2013
Reading by a Fire
Share with all of our ACen friends your top three manga picks this holiday season for your chance to win today’s swag pack! Contest closes at 8pm CST on December 5th! To enter use Facebook &Twitter, remember to #12DaysofACen

Day 6
December 6th, 2013
A Gift from Us to You! 
To enter today’s contest, tell us what the first thing you intend to do/go see at ACen is this year! Will you be at opening ceremonies? Or will you be running to a special meet and greet? Winner will receive and ACen swag pack! Contest closes at 8pm CST on December 6th. To enter use Facebook &Twitter, remember to #12DaysofACen

Day 7
December 7th, 2013
The Spirit of ACen!
What is ACen to you? Tell us an you could win one of 2 free badges today! Take a picture of yourself with a white board/or piece of paper and let us know what ACen is to you, and share it with us here! Contest closes at 8pm CST on December 7th. To enter use Facebook &Twitter, remember to #12DaysofACen . We may be using these in a video for the convention so don’t be surprised if you see yourself at con!

Day 8
December 8th, 2013
I could have danced all night
Anime Central’s giving away a set of Crystal Ball tickets today. That’s right, the winner will receive a ticket for themselves and one for a lucky someone of their choosing. All you have to do is tell us how you would ask someone to join you with that extra ticket to the ball! Be creative and have fun, extra points if you video it or photograph it! To enter use Facebook &Twitter, remember to #12DaysofACen. Contest closes at 8pm CST on December 8th!

Day 9
December 9th, 2013
Sharing is Caring 
We know many of you are already working happily on your cosplays this year, so in the spirit of sharing…share with us your in progress pics of your upcoming cosplay for ACen and you could find yourself the winner of today’s ACen Swag Pack! To enter use Facebook &Twitter, remember to #12DaysofACen. Contest closes at 8pm CST on December 9th!

Day 10
December 10th, 2013
Share with us your favorite memory or pic from ACen 2013 that really captures the spirit of ACen, and you might find yourself the winner of today’s ACen Swag Pack! To enter use Facebook &Twitter, remember to #12DaysofACen contest closes at 8pm tonight.Don't be surprised if some of these turn up in the program book this year!

Day 11
December 11th, 2013
Coming soon!

Day 12
December 12th, 2013
Today’s #12DaysofACen challenge Sing in the Cheer is to take a common holiday song and create an ACen parody to it. Winner will receive our largest swag pack yet and a badge to ACen 2014! #12DaysofACen or post below on Facebook, contest closes at 8pm tonight.
Convention Officer:Secretary 2009-2014
MAPS Director
Artist Alley DH 2007-2008

Live like there is no tomorrow, and dream like you'll live forever...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

#2 User is offline   railas 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Bigfoot
  • Member No.: 61183

Posted 02 December 2013 - 08:24 PM

I'm a little confused as to what e-mail/where we send/post the art for contest two~
Do we just use the regular contact form under the AA department?

#3 User is offline   Purplegodess 

• PipPipPip

Posted 02 December 2013 - 09:29 PM

View Postrailas, on 02 December 2013 - 08:24 PM, said:

I'm a little confused as to what e-mail/where we send/post the art for contest two~
Do we just use the regular contact form under the AA department?

like it says in the post, production at acen.org :)
MAPS Director

#4 User is offline   ranefea 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 6584

Posted 03 December 2013 - 08:48 AM

Why are we getting less than 3 full days for the art contest, at the beginning of the week? There are people who are working full time, have school...I mean, finals are this week and next for a lot of universities. Couldn't the deadline extend at least to the end of the 12 Days promotion so it includes a weekend in there? =/
My deviantART
My Cosplay Page

ACen 2014 Cosplay

Friday: Link - The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker
Saturday: Leafeon Gijinka - Pokemon
Sunday: Kotoha - Arata Kangatari

#5 User is offline   Gaynor79 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 36907

Posted 03 December 2013 - 11:23 AM

What is the URL for the ACen Facebook page. There seem to be two open groups, and I'm not sure which to post in for Day 3. I'm not going to use Twitter.

#6 User is offline   rondo 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 9075

Posted 03 December 2013 - 03:31 PM

View PostGaynor79, on 03 December 2013 - 11:23 AM, said:

What is the URL for the ACen Facebook page. There seem to be two open groups, and I'm not sure which to post in for Day 3. I'm not going to use Twitter.

https://www.facebook.com/AnimeCentral

#7 User is offline   railas 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 61183

Posted 04 December 2013 - 11:34 AM

View PostPurplegodess, on 02 December 2013 - 09:29 PM, said:

like it says in the post, production at ACen.org :)/>/>/>

I don't know what I'm doing wrong, I tried looking at the contact form at the bottom of the website, and production is not in the drop down list of the website contact form.
I tried e-mailing production@ACen.org but that ended up in a delivery failure. TmT I'm all confused now.

This post has been edited by railas: 04 December 2013 - 11:40 AM

#8 User is offline   -JUNK- 

• Forum Hell Raven
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 19299

Posted 05 December 2013 - 08:01 PM

So I don't want to be nag but for the "5th Days of ACen" its going on 8pm Central Time and still nothing posted for the people that want to participate... I'm sure there are other people out there asking this question. Just trying to be helpful. ^_^

and now it is the 6th....

This post has been edited by -JUNK-: 06 December 2013 - 12:07 AM

ACen 15"

*~Proud Supporter of the GBLT Community.~*

#9 User is offline   Purplegodess 

• PipPipPip

Posted 06 December 2013 - 10:42 AM

Sorry didn't realize it didn't get posted here too
MAPS Director

#10 User is offline   MsLovelyCookie 

• Registration Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: ACen Staff
  • Member No.: 57517

Posted 07 December 2013 - 10:25 AM

I'll let my friends know about today's contest since we have someone else who want to go to ACen too. Let's see if they have what it takes to win! Good Luck Everyone!
I'm Just A Girl In The World
Take A Good Look At Me
Just Your Typical Prototype...

Registration Staff: 2012-2014

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users