Anime Central Forums: Free! Iwatobi Swim Club 2014 - Anime Central Forums

• 4 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Free! Iwatobi Swim Club 2014 Splash Free!

#1 User is offline   AznAndy94 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 62927

Posted 22 November 2013 - 12:05 AM

Hey!

I'm hoping Free! will still be a thing by the time next ACen rolls around. Is there anyone else that will be cosplaying from Free and want a gathering? I'm going to be Haruka but I have multiple costumes like Splash Free, Uniform, and Swim Jammers so I'm still deciding what I would bring for a gathering.
ACen 2014
Yosuke Hanamura - Persona 4
Haruka Nanase - Free!
Byakuya Togami - Dangan Ronpa

#2 User is online   Cherry 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Bigfoot
  • Member No.: 61587

Posted 22 November 2013 - 04:24 AM

I'm hoping it will be, too! Otherwise I'll be wasting money on a Makoto cosplay for nothing. >n<
With that being said, yes, I plan on cosplaying Makoto next year, though I'm unsure if I'm going to do the Splash Free version or the version with white and blue jacket and the yellow Iwatobi shirt. I'm so indecisive.
My friend might be Thugisa (Thug!Nagisa from 50% Off!) if that counts?~

ACen '15
Eren Jaeger (SnK), Edolas Juvia (Fairy Tail),
Machi Cafe Makoto Tachibana (Free!), and Nishinoya Yuu (Haikyuu!!).
Tumblr (pics will be posted here!)

#3 User is offline   Santa Finland 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 59766

Posted 24 November 2013 - 03:07 AM

I'm planning to do maid cafe Nitori and possibly fem!Haru.
ACen 2014 Cosplays:
flapper!fem!America (Hetalia - Original design)
maid!Nitori (Free! Iwatobi Swim Club)
Annie Leonhardt (Attack on Titan)
Lara Croft (Tomb Raider 2013)

#4 User is offline   Suika 

• Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 61036

Posted 26 November 2013 - 12:01 AM

I will being going as Nagisa, The ending outfit (dancing). :D My friend might be going as Rei.
ACen 2014
Zubat Gijinka - Pokemon
Rikka Takanashi - Chu2
Pinkie Pie (Rave) - FiM: MLP
Patty Thompson - Soul Eater

#5 User is offline   Vixenfur 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 62252

Posted 27 November 2013 - 01:26 PM

I can bring my Rin cosplay to this for sure! My friend may be coming as Thugisa from 50% Off, I saw someone else mention something similar... this would be hilarious. xD I may have my other friend come as Haru as well.
Anime Central '12 - Trollzaya (Durarara!!), Akira (Togainu No Chi), Sebastian (Black Butler)
Anime Central '13- Damien Thorn (South Park), Once-ler: Greed-ler Version (The Lorax), Shiki (Togainu no Chi), Yuki Sanada (Tsuritama)
Anime Central '14 - Kise Ryouta (Kuroko no Basuke), Rin Matsuoka (Free! Iwatobi Swim Club), Shiki (Togainu no Chi), Dantalion (Makai Ouji: Devils and Realist)

Upcoming Cosplay
Con+Alt+Delete '14 - Barnaby Brooks Jr. (Tiger & Bunny), Eren Jaegar (Attack on Titan), Kageyama Tobio (Haikyuu!!)

#6 User is offline   Jenya 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 60655

Posted 05 December 2013 - 11:08 PM

I will be doing ending!Rin <333 and my friend who I don't think has an ACen forum account will be coming as Nitori. I'm excited for this!
ACen 2014 cosplays:
Friday: School Girl Asuka (NGE)
Saturday: Splash Free Rin (Free!)

#7 User is offline   Vixenfur 

• Lurker
  • Pip

Posted 17 December 2013 - 04:04 PM

SInce the submissions for photoshoots/gatherings start in January, we should decide on meeting places and times, right?
I think it's obvious we'd meet by the pool (the Hyatt has a pool, right?)
As for times... a lot of people, including myself, have school on Friday and it would be really disappointing to have to miss for that. So for me, any time in between Friday night and Sunday afternoon would work well, though preferably Saturday at some point.
Any other times/places ideas? (I just want to organize my schedule- I'm not in charge! Just suggesting c: )
Anime Central '12 - Trollzaya (Durarara!!), Akira (Togainu No Chi), Sebastian (Black Butler)
Anime Central '13- Damien Thorn (South Park), Once-ler: Greed-ler Version (The Lorax), Shiki (Togainu no Chi), Yuki Sanada (Tsuritama)
Anime Central '14 - Kise Ryouta (Kuroko no Basuke), Rin Matsuoka (Free! Iwatobi Swim Club), Shiki (Togainu no Chi), Dantalion (Makai Ouji: Devils and Realist)

Upcoming Cosplay
Con+Alt+Delete '14 - Barnaby Brooks Jr. (Tiger & Bunny), Eren Jaegar (Attack on Titan), Kageyama Tobio (Haikyuu!!)

#8 User is offline   AznAndy94 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 62927

Posted 19 December 2013 - 08:33 AM

Unfortunately, the Hyatt does not have a pool and I know there's a lot of people that complain about that. The only hotels that I know of that has a pool is the Hilton and Crowne Plaza. There are various fountains around the convention center like the Garden area and entrance to the convention center.
I'm not sure what would be ideal, but we have to have a meeting place, and from there, people would usually migrate to a better area for photos. I would like to say the Garden area because it's a great location, but the fountain isn't the best looking fountain (also, it's hard to splash around in if need be). I think starting at the garden area would be okay, then end up going to one of the pools if our group isn't too large. This would also mean that someone would have to be staying in one of the hotels to have access to them. After almost every gathering, I like to have some sort of special thing going on, so I think that after the shoot people who aren't busy would want to spend some time together at the pool, have some idle chit-chat and get to know more people.
As for time, I was hoping to shoot for sometime in the afternoon, between 12-4 at the warmest point of the day on any of the days, hoping it isn't cold as some of us will be in swimsuits (some worse than others...). I'll try for Saturday Afternoon unless anyone has any objections.
ACen 2014
Yosuke Hanamura - Persona 4
Haruka Nanase - Free!
Byakuya Togami - Dangan Ronpa

#9 User is offline   Goldeneyeuro 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 58858

Posted 19 December 2013 - 07:00 PM

... I think I recognize you...

I should be bringing my Rei outfit to ACen (will be in the nightclub version), hope to have a good photoshoot.

I'll say that the garden area is fine for a mid-sized photoshoot but if you're trying to get to the fountain area itself, it's not really feasible due to the number of people who usually hang out there. I've had a group photoshoot there once last year (Utena) and I'll tell you, it's cramped because there's next to no place for photographers to stand and get decent group shots. While one of the hotel pools would be ideal...

1. those aren't photoshoot areas
2. how are we going to deal with the other people who are in the pool/pool area when we're doing the shoot

The Embassy Suites and Doubletree both have pools as well, btw.
Never be average... - myself.
When life has no purpose, you're dead already. - Kiba from Wolf's Rain

Planned ACen 2K14 Cosplays:
Lavi (2nd outfit)- D. Gray Man, Lio Izumi- Full Moon wo Sagashite, Rei Ryugazaki (nightclub outfit)- Free!, Kamui Gakupo (Fate/Rebirth outfit)- Vocaloid

My Flickr- click for my photos

#10 User is offline   Vixenfur 

• Lurker
  • Pip

Posted 23 December 2013 - 09:15 PM

All valid points.. hmmm. Should we avoid the pools altogether then?

Upcoming Cosplay

#11 User is offline   Kiryuu Mikage 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 64153

Posted 29 December 2013 - 10:28 PM

I'm thinking of cosplaying from Free!, still deciding between Haruka or Makoto. I might also make Iwatobi-chan :)
Seragaki Aoba (DRAMAtical Murder)
Kurosaki Ranmaru (Uta no Prince-sama)
Tachibana Makoto (Free!)
Alibaba Saluja (Magi: Labyrinth of Magic)
Niou Masaharu (Prince of Tennis)
???(Still deciding) (Haikyuu!)

#12 User is online   Cherry 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip

Posted 25 January 2014 - 12:10 PM

I heard that the Nitro + CHAL shoot is going to be Friday, and the UtaPri one would be scheduled for Saturday, so if I may suggest that the Free! one can be one of the two days, before the one on Friday, or after 2pm at the latest on Saturday, that'd be great. (Hopefully not right away after two, maybe around 3-3:30 so I can change into Makoto's cosplay)
Though I would prefer Friday so there's no rushing on my end, yet if that's impossible for some others, Saturday would be better, I believe, considering that's mostly the day everyone is free. LOL.
I was trying to find a previous thread I found back in '12-'13 about actual pictures of gathering locations, yet either I'm looking too hard or it's gone-- I would suggest the fountain in front of the center itself, considering y'know, water, but I saw there's some issues about that.
I'll see if I can buy a water gun to bring with me during the shoot, if we have it outdoors, that is. Which would most likely be better for better pictures~

ACen '15

#13 User is offline   Solus 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 62514

Posted 28 January 2014 - 04:29 AM

There are also the fountains you can meet by out front. Haru don't get in!

I plan on getting my Gou cosplay done by ACen so I am looking forward to see a few more Free!cosplayers :)

#14 User is offline   Kiryuu Mikage 

• Lurker
  • Pip

Posted 04 February 2014 - 10:58 PM

For the gathering time, another gathering I have is planned to be around 1-2 on Saturday. If the gathering can be before 12:30 or after 2:30, then I can attend the gathering for Free!
Tachibana Makoto (Free!)

#15 User is offline   fataleflare 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 63524

Posted 07 February 2014 - 05:41 PM

YES YES AND YES! I'm going to be doing fem! Rei! I'm thinking of making a butterfly wrap skirt for it that matches that ridiculous bodysuit so I'm not walking around in just the jacket and my swimsuit. Lets get other genderbend Free cosplayers if we can! also a question! What kind of plant or fabric do you guys use for the colored lines on your swimsuits?

This post has been edited by fataleflare: 07 February 2014 - 09:05 PM

#16 User is offline   Snacks 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 63991

Posted 18 February 2014 - 12:48 AM

I'll be doing a Splash!Free version of Nagisa's outfit (I've got a goofy WIP picture of me wearing it haha] and I'm pretty sure I have a Rei joining me and hopefully a Makoto.

Hmm, the fountains at the convention center entrance are notorious for bad lighting; I know there are some lovely fountains by the intersections across from McDonalds and Giordano's which could work. It's quite the walk but they would make for some lovely shots. If not, a nice grassy area would do!
ACen 2014 Cosplays: Mako - Kill la Kill / SplashFree!Nagisa - Free! Iwatobi Swim Club / RED Scout - TF2
ACen 2015 Cosplay Plans: Nitori - Free! Iwatobi Swim Club

#17 User is online   Cherry 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip

Posted 18 February 2014 - 10:42 AM

So I will be going to this shoot as Splash Free!Makoto. I would provide a picture or two just in case you run into my before the shoot, but my shirt has yet to arrive after having had to order another one and finding that one impossible to get into, sending that out to get a refund, and then having to buy another in another size with big hope it won't be too big on me or too small. The many cons of being a cosplayer: When you can't make the costume yourself, and have to buy a piece, and find out it's too small. OTL.
In any case, I have a UtaPri Gathering I'll be going to Saturday, around 1-2 PM. What I suggest is one at 3:30, maybe 4PM, so I have time to hit the hotel and change.
I had a gathering last year that I think the area would be perfect for Free!? It's right across from the loading docks, in WHICH I don't recall the name of it but currently looking for the name?
All I know is is that, it's the grassy area by the three flagpoles, I think in front of a building? And, as previously said, it's across the street from the loading docks.
Picture 1| Picture 2

And there was also a Digimon Gathering back in 2012 where that section may work, as well.
I WISH I COULD REMEMBER NAMES THOUGH.
ACen '15

#18 User is offline   Snacks 

• Pip

Posted 18 February 2014 - 07:19 PM

View PostCherry, on 18 February 2014 - 10:42 AM, said:

So I will be going to this shoot as Splash Free!Makoto. I would provide a picture or two just in case you run into my before the shoot, but my shirt has yet to arrive after having had to order another one and finding that one impossible to get into, sending that out to get a refund, and then having to buy another in another size with big hope it won't be too big on me or too small. The many cons of being a cosplayer: When you can't make the costume yourself, and have to buy a piece, and find out it's too small. OTL.
In any case, I have a UtaPri Gathering I'll be going to Saturday, around 1-2 PM. What I suggest is one at 3:30, maybe 4PM, so I have time to hit the hotel and change.
I had a gathering last year that I think the area would be perfect for Free!? It's right across from the loading docks, in WHICH I don't recall the name of it but currently looking for the name?
All I know is is that, it's the grassy area by the three flagpoles, I think in front of a building? And, as previously said, it's across the street from the loading docks.
Picture 1| Picture 2

And there was also a Digimon Gathering back in 2012 where that section may work, as well.

That's a lovely area; might that be in front of the Hyatt entrance-somewhere under the skybridge?

But yea meeting there would be nice, and maybe an option to walk to those fountains I mentioned (optional since I don't think everyone would be too keen on walking that distance haha).
ACen 2014 Cosplays: Mako - Kill la Kill / SplashFree!Nagisa - Free! Iwatobi Swim Club / RED Scout - TF2

#19 User is offline   Kiryuu Mikage 

• Lurker
  • Pip

Posted 18 February 2014 - 10:03 PM

View PostCherry, on 18 February 2014 - 10:42 AM, said:

Picture 1| Picture 2

I think the place your talking about is the East Outdoor Wall. Cause the first pic is the UtaPri Gathering from last year that was at the East Outdoor Wall. (by the way, I'm the Shou-chan on the left).
Tachibana Makoto (Free!)

#20 User is online   Cherry 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip

Posted 18 February 2014 - 10:32 PM

View PostKiryuu Mikage, on 18 February 2014 - 10:03 PM, said:

I think the place your talking about is the East Outdoor Wall. Cause the first pic is the UtaPri Gathering from last year that was at the East Outdoor Wall. (by the way, I'm the Shou-chan on the left).

Yes! Thank you! I'm no good at remembering things at all unfortunately xD
A~h~ I was the one with all the sequins. ;u; My older sister was my Tokiya during the shoot; she was the one that looked bigger than everyone else--
I really liked your Syo cosplay~

ACen '15

#21 User is online   Cherry 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip

Posted 18 February 2014 - 10:35 PM

View PostSnacks, on 18 February 2014 - 07:19 PM, said:

That's a lovely area; might that be in front of the Hyatt entrance-somewhere under the skybridge?

But yea meeting there would be nice, and maybe an option to walk to those fountains I mentioned (optional since I don't think everyone would be too keen on walking that distance haha).

East Outdoor Wall according Mikage~
I wouldn't mind the walking? I'm sure my older sister might, and depending on my QN group being with me at the time, they might not be too keen with it either. My family doesn't let me go anywhere alone, so I'd have to have a friend they trust or family member with me then o^o
I mentioned before that I'll see if I can get a water gun? Bring a couple bottles of water so before the shoot, I can fill it (and hopefully not all over me!)

ACen '15

#22 User is offline   Snacks 

• Pip

Posted 19 February 2014 - 12:17 AM

View PostCherry, on 18 February 2014 - 10:35 PM, said:

East Outdoor Wall according Mikage~
I wouldn't mind the walking? I'm sure my older sister might, and depending on my QN group being with me at the time, they might not be too keen with it either. My family doesn't let me go anywhere alone, so I'd have to have a friend they trust or family member with me then o^o
I mentioned before that I'll see if I can get a water gun? Bring a couple bottles of water so before the shoot, I can fill it (and hopefully not all over me!)

Ah okay; well hopefully you can find someone to go with and all! A water gun would be great, just be sure if certain people don't wanna be hit with it (I personally wouldn't mind--considering how notoriously hot it got last year).

#23 User is online   Cherry 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip

Posted 19 February 2014 - 12:57 AM

View PostSnacks, on 19 February 2014 - 12:17 AM, said:

Ah okay; well hopefully you can find someone to go with and all! A water gun would be great, just be sure if certain people don't wanna be hit with it (I personally wouldn't mind--considering how notoriously hot it got last year).

Oh I know that! I won't squirt unless someone wants to be squirted!
I'll see if I can buy a set of four or twelve because I see two sets on ebay (one for four and one for twelve) for a cheap price? I need to buy another cosplay anyway so I'll see what I can do~

ACen '15

#24 User is offline   Kiryuu Mikage 

• Lurker
  • Pip

Posted 19 February 2014 - 01:16 AM

View PostCherry, on 18 February 2014 - 10:32 PM, said:

Yes! Thank you! I'm no good at remembering things at all unfortunately xD
A~h~ I was the one with all the sequins. ;u; My older sister was my Tokiya during the shoot; she was the one that looked bigger than everyone else--
I really liked your Syo cosplay~

Oh! I remember! Thanks for the compliment, you guys were awesome too! This year I'm planning to be Ranmaru, hopefully that goes well.

I think I might have water gun somewhere in my house, I'll bring it if I find it. I also don't mind the walk, I'm not sure about my sis but I think she wouldn't mind.
Tachibana Makoto (Free!)

#25 User is offline   hurristat 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 65066

Posted 20 February 2014 - 09:40 PM

Unfortunately I won't be cosplaying Free!, but I will probably show up to the meetup!

This post has been edited by hurristat: 27 February 2014 - 12:53 PM

ACen 2014 (Tentative):
Friday: AU Jean Kirschtein (Shingeki no Kyojin) | Noiz (DMMd)
Saturday: Makoto Naegi (Dangan Ronpa) | Rei Ryugazaki (Free!) | Midorima Shintarou (Kuroko no Basuke) | Jean
Sunday: one of the above, probably either Rei or Midorima
tumblr
i run fandom shoots.

#26 User is offline   hurristat 

• Pip

Posted 27 February 2014 - 12:54 PM

It suddenly occurred to me: has anyone submitted a request for this photoshoot yet? I haven't seen any confirmation regarding that in-thread.

This post has been edited by hurristat: 27 February 2014 - 12:54 PM

ACen 2014 (Tentative):
Saturday: Makoto Naegi (Dangan Ronpa) | Rei Ryugazaki (Free!) | Midorima Shintarou (Kuroko no Basuke) | Jean
tumblr
i run fandom shoots.

#27 User is offline   tandemthoughts 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 64936

Posted 27 February 2014 - 01:01 PM

I don't believe a time has been decided upon just yet, but I'll be tracking this thread to get the update as soon as it hits. My partner and our friends will be bringing a full Free! cast with us, so we're definitely interested in going!
2014 Anime Central Cosplay Roster -- FINAL!
Friday AM: Allen Walker -- D.Gray-Man
Friday PM: Clear (masked / "true route" version) -- DRAMAtical Murder
Saturday AM: Nanase Haruka (team uniform version) -- Free! Iwatobi Swim Club
Saturday PM: Stocking Anarchy -- Panty and Stocking
Sunday AM: Nezumi -- No. 6
Sunday PM: Mikoto Suoh -- K project

#28 User is offline   hurristat 

• Pip

Posted 28 February 2014 - 12:41 PM

I think there was sort of an agreement that it'd be at 4pm on Saturday? Unless I've been misinformed, which is entirely likely. And I can't wait to see your cosplays, they should be fantastic!
ACen 2014 (Tentative):
tumblr
i run fandom shoots.

#29 User is offline   tandemthoughts 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 64936

Posted 28 February 2014 - 12:46 PM

Now the big question -- has this been submitted formally? 8O I know the deadline is coming up soon...
2014 Anime Central Cosplay Roster -- FINAL!
Friday AM: Allen Walker -- D.Gray-Man
Friday PM: Clear (masked / "true route" version) -- DRAMAtical Murder
Saturday AM: Nanase Haruka (team uniform version) -- Free! Iwatobi Swim Club
Saturday PM: Stocking Anarchy -- Panty and Stocking
Sunday AM: Nezumi -- No. 6
Sunday PM: Mikoto Suoh -- K project

#30 User is offline   Kiryuu Mikage 

• Lurker
  • Pip

Posted 28 February 2014 - 03:07 PM

I'm guessing no one submitted the form for the gathering.

The thread starter, AznAndy94, is suppose to be in charge of the gathering and submitting the form. But the last time he logged in was almost 3 weeks ago.

I think if AznAndy94 does not leave a message informing the form got submitted by March 10 (that will be 1 month from last time he logged on) someone else should submit the form and take charge until he comes back to this thread.
Tachibana Makoto (Free!)

• 4 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users