• You cannot reply to this topic

Lolita Tea Party 2014

#1 User is offline   meef 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 3767

Posted 08 November 2013 - 11:04 AM

First off, I want to thank the ACen staff for bringing us the lolita tea parties the last two years!! I attended both and enjoyed them, especially the Angelic Pretty one! Will there be another tea party in 2014? I really hope so! :D

Is there any way we could know earlier than just before the con, though? It was a scramble for everyone to get their outfits together both years because we didn't know what brand it was going to be until a few weeks before. I realize there is a LOT involved with getting Japanese guests to come, though, so I understand why it took so long. ^_^;

I was also really sweating over whether I'd be able to get a ticket before they sold out. I know people have suggested a mailing list before for updates. I second this notion and would in fact be willing to help with it if you need me!

I don't know what brand you might possibly be planning, but I personally adore Baby, the Stars Shine Bright. I can't described how over the moon I'd be if they attended! (And how desperate I'd be to purchase a ticket, ha ha!) I'd also be insanely happy to have Angelic Pretty again. <3 Seeing them the first time was such a dream come true. Just wow. Thank you so much! :0:

#2 User is offline   KungPowKirby 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Addict
  • Member No.: 53583

Posted 08 November 2013 - 11:29 AM

View Postmeef, on 08 November 2013 - 11:04 AM, said:

I was also really sweating over whether I'd be able to get a ticket before they sold out. I know people have suggested a mailing list before for updates. I second this notion and would in fact be willing to help with it if you need me!

ACen does have a newsletter - I believe there has been two or three that have gone out for next years convention. I can not find the link to sign up right now. - however they do have archived material online here and here.

This post has been edited by KungPowKirby: 08 November 2013 - 11:29 AM

I love my ACen family! Whether or not I return next year- please know I love you all! Until we meet again!

"If this body is not capable of action, I suggest new leadership is needed. I move for a vote of no confidence in Chancellor Valorum's leadership."- Queen Amidala; Star Wars: Phantom Menace

#3 User is offline   meef 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 3767

Posted 08 November 2013 - 11:38 AM

Oh, yes, I get that. I don't recall the tea parties being advertised in those, though. The first one definitely wasn't, I'm sure of that. The second one I do recall being advertised on the main ACen page, though.

#4 User is offline   beck 

• Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 60958

Posted 18 December 2013 - 12:22 AM

I also would like more info asap! I didn't find out about the tea party tickets until it was too late, and didn't have enough time(aka money lol) to buy from AtPi/Chantilly. I would totally support some kind of mailing list that would tell us when the tickets were going to be sold (like maybe 24-48 hour notice?)

#5 User is offline   Steam_Loli216 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 59481

Posted 31 December 2013 - 07:53 PM

I would love Innocent World. I'm much too tall for Angelic Pretty :(
User is stationed in Southern California

It's a girl! Skylar Marie, born February 8th, 2013 :) Proud mama and wife and sailor

~~Dream Cosplays: -- Fai D. Flourite (Tsubasa) -- Dr. Jezebel Disraeli (Godchild) -- Seth Nightroad and Lady Asran (Trinity Blood) -- Lettuce (Tokyo Mew Mew) -- Misha (Pita Ten) -- Starfire (Teen Titans)~~

#6 User is offline   A True Elsewhere 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 17804

Posted 15 January 2014 - 09:42 PM

Is there even going to be a tea party this year?
ACen '07 Cosplay: Mamimi from FLCL
ACen '08 Cosplay: Akari-chan from Aria the Animation
ACen '09 Cosplay: Mithos from Tales of Symphonia
ACen '10 Cosplay: Shinooka from Oofuri/Big Windup!
ACen '11 Cosplay: Ayase from No Money (Okane ga nai!)
ACen '11 Cosplay: Adele from Final Fantasy Tactics Advance 2
ACen '12 Cosplay: TinTin from 'The Adventures of TinTin'
ACen '13 Cosplay: Hibari from Senran Kagura

#7 User is offline   beck 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 60958

Posted 26 January 2014 - 11:48 PM

I hope so :(

#8 User is offline   Purplegodess 

• MAPS Director & ACen Secretary
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Administrator
  • Member No.: 5803

Posted 27 January 2014 - 07:58 PM

both went out in newsletters,Facebook and twitter and if we do another one they will go out in them as well. If you're not getting our newsletter I know there is a signup on the main website as well.
Convention Officer:Secretary 2009-2014
MAPS Director
Artist Alley DH 2007-2008

Live like there is no tomorrow, and dream like you'll live forever...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

#9 User is offline   Kassy C. 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 61727

Posted 13 February 2014 - 04:11 AM

I'm kinda worried that they might not do a tea party this year since the Chantilly/ Atelier Pierrot one didn't sell out. If they don't do a tea party, I'll be really disappointed. I'm also worried about the fashion shows because of something El Ken said in another thread, but that's a different issue.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users