Anime Central Forums: Making vidoe games - From srarting out to staying in! - Anime Central Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Making vidoe games - From srarting out to staying in! Who all would be interested in such a panel?

#1 User is offline   slicedbread 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Bigfoot
  • Member No.: 21946

Posted 04 November 2013 - 04:53 PM

Hey all!

I've submitted a couple panel requests for 2014 that I'm really hoping get picked up that are themed around my experience making video games and how to get into making video games/what you should know. In the interest of those panels, I'm looking to drum up interest in them and find out how many, if any, people here have an interest in doing so and feel that panels revolving around these subjects have a place here at ACen.

While I know that not all video games are from Japan, not even all the ones I've worked on are, and thus are perhaps not the most relevant content for such a heavily anime focused environment as ACen, I think it's hard for any of us to deny how much influence video games and general pop culture have on the current convention scene at large. In regards to that, I'm also curious how the community at large here at ACen feels about the growing influence of gaming and pop culture affects their enjoyment of an anime convention.

tl;dr
I want to host some video game panels about getting into and staying in the industry of making video games. Are you interested and do you think it has a place at ACen?

Thanks!
"The pain you feel is your very essence. The essence of the crude animal known as homo sapien."
"Admiration is the state furthest away from understanding."
"It is in changing that we find purpose."
Gallery links below!
2009: Pre-release Espada Stark (Bleach) | 2010: Ryoji Kaji (Evangelion) | 2011: Axel (Kingdom Hearts) + Staff Suite | 2012: n/a | 2013: Future Trunks (DBZ) | 2014: 343 Guilty Spark (Halo)

...LinkedIn......Twitter...
<Only Slightly Used>

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users