• You cannot reply to this topic

hello again all! u w u

#1 User is offline   Twilight Sparkle 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 62967

Posted 02 November 2013 - 09:05 AM

Hello again ACen forums! Twilight Sparkle, or Anu here! Decided to finally get off my buns and copy+pasta my lil' intro~!

I am Twilight Sparkle, or Anu obviously. :') I attending Purdue Cal currently for a Doctorate in Foreign Languages with intentions to transfer to Purdue West Lafayette next fall. Languages are my hardcore passion. Just being immersed in another places culture and language and than remembering we all live on the same earth! I just think that is something really beautiful. Currently, I can only confidently say I am half way fluent in Japanese. But I also will also be taking German, Italian, Russian, Mandarin, Cantonese, and Arabic. With my degree, I plan on taking the fluency test and trying to get into the UN to be one of their political translators. After a few high stakes decades there, I plan on retiring, nabbing myself a teaching degree, and teach languages at either an elementary or high school level.

I've watched a poop ton of anime. High ranking favorites have to be Neon Genesis Evangelion, Higurashi, Magi, and Puella Magi Madoka ✩ Magica. Cartoon wise, I obviously watch MLP. But I am not on the level of brony/pegasister fan. I like it, don't get me wrong, but I like to sit back and kind of criticize it and not worship it like every little thing from the show is a product of God. I also really enjoy the new Marvel/DC reboot movies and Star Trek. Heck, I went back and watched TOS and TNG that's how much I liked Star Trek.

Hobbies? I enjoy dem Vidya Gaems. Just finished up Bioshock Infinite and plan on getting Dragon's Dogma for my next game. I really, realllly enjoy the Fantasy RPG genre of video games. I also quite enjoy Tumblr. Books are also awesome and I have a shelf wall that is pretty much filled. My mum calls in my mini Library.

Last year I was in charge of the MLP cosplay gathering and I am happy to say that I plan on being in that same boat this year. I really, really enjoyed leading a gathering. I just really enjoyed looking at everyone's beautiful cosplays and watching them pose and gosh. It was such a wonderful experience and it really helped my find my niche with helping out and actually doing something at a con other than wandering aimlessly and going to panels.

Anywho! Thanks for reading my long winded post about myself and I hope we can friends~! u v u
Planned 2013 Cosplays!
MLP - Twilight Sparkle
Magi - Scheherazade, Ren Gyokuen, fem!Alibaba Saluja
Frozen - Anna
Homestuck - Damara Megido, Aradia Megido

#2 User is offline   MsLovelyCookie 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 57517

Posted 02 November 2013 - 10:10 AM

Welcome back!? LOL

This post has been edited by MsLovelyCookie: 02 November 2013 - 10:11 AM

I'm Just A Girl In The World
Take A Good Look At Me
Just Your Typical Prototype...

Registration Staff: 2012-2014

#3 User is offline   Whodigiya 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 63372

Posted 02 November 2013 - 11:52 AM

Hello! Welcome back!
Everything I say is either true or extremely handsome!

#4 User is offline   Holly Chu 

• Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 64322

Posted 05 November 2013 - 09:59 PM

View PostTwilight Sparkle, on 02 November 2013 - 09:05 AM, said:

Hello again ACen forums! Twilight Sparkle, or Anu here! Decided to finally get off my buns and copy+pasta my lil' intro~!

I am Twilight Sparkle, or Anu obviously. :') I attending Purdue Cal currently for a Doctorate in Foreign Languages with intentions to transfer to Purdue West Lafayette next fall. Languages are my hardcore passion. Just being immersed in another places culture and language and than remembering we all live on the same earth! I just think that is something really beautiful. Currently, I can only confidently say I am half way fluent in Japanese. But I also will also be taking German, Italian, Russian, Mandarin, Cantonese, and Arabic. With my degree, I plan on taking the fluency test and trying to get into the UN to be one of their political translators. After a few high stakes decades there, I plan on retiring, nabbing myself a teaching degree, and teach languages at either an elementary or high school level.

I've watched a poop ton of anime. High ranking favorites have to be Neon Genesis Evangelion, Higurashi, Magi, and Puella Magi Madoka ✩ Magica. Cartoon wise, I obviously watch MLP. But I am not on the level of brony/pegasister fan. I like it, don't get me wrong, but I like to sit back and kind of criticize it and not worship it like every little thing from the show is a product of God. I also really enjoy the new Marvel/DC reboot movies and Star Trek. Heck, I went back and watched TOS and TNG that's how much I liked Star Trek.

Hobbies? I enjoy dem Vidya Gaems. Just finished up Bioshock Infinite and plan on getting Dragon's Dogma for my next game. I really, realllly enjoy the Fantasy RPG genre of video games. I also quite enjoy Tumblr. Books are also awesome and I have a shelf wall that is pretty much filled. My mum calls in my mini Library.

Last year I was in charge of the MLP cosplay gathering and I am happy to say that I plan on being in that same boat this year. I really, really enjoyed leading a gathering. I just really enjoyed looking at everyone's beautiful cosplays and watching them pose and gosh. It was such a wonderful experience and it really helped my find my niche with helping out and actually doing something at a con other than wandering aimlessly and going to panels.

Anywho! Thanks for reading my long winded post about myself and I hope we can friends~! u v u

Hi! :D I hope we can be friends despite our age difference~
My name is Holly and I'm a freshman at U Iowa and I'm double majoring in Computer Science and Japanese!
Languages are also my passion! :D so I'm hoping I'm able to add on to my four years of HS French, learn Korean,
and be able to master Japanese. I'm Vietnamese so I understand it but don't talk in it much -3-
This is gonna be my first year at ACen so I'm excited!

#5 User is offline   magishine 

• Tenkuu Yuusha
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Addict
  • Member No.: 21997

Posted 06 November 2013 - 07:56 AM

Hello and Welcome back to the forums. Here's a cookie *hands you a cookie*

I actually had some friends that attended Purdue Cal and I live not even 20 mins from Purdue West Lafayette. I hope to attend there at some point to work on my Computer Science degree. I like your ambitions and I sincerely hope you make all of them come true. Also you have impeccable taste in anime. I love Madoka Magica and can't wait to see the third movie next month. Anyway, enjoy your time here in the forums
uchu kitaaaaaa!!!!

Cosplays for ACen 2015 and progress made:

Not attending ACen in 2015. Sorry. Maybe 2016

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users