• You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Hotel Room Block Dates Hotels

#1 User is offline   JosieTheHosie 

• Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 58965

Posted 20 September 2013 - 05:08 PM

Anyone have any info on when the Embassy Suites room block will be open? Or heard any rumors?

#2 User is offline   magishine 

• Tenkuu Yuusha
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Addict
  • Member No.: 21997

Posted 20 September 2013 - 06:04 PM

When they're ready. Typically the Hyatt has to be sold out or about full when they announce it. As always, keep your eyes peeled here on the forums, on the Anime Central and ACen pages on Facebook, and on the main site for the announcement
uchu kitaaaaaa!!!!

Cosplays for ACen 2015 and progress made:

Genderbent Caitlyn from League of Legends (100% complete)

Only wearing it Saturday. Possibly Sunday but we'll see

#3 User is offline   AnimeGeek120 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 59499

Posted 20 September 2013 - 09:09 PM

I didn't think the Hyatt was sold out last year when the Embassy room block opened, but I could be wrong. All I remember was that it was in October when we booked the room.

#4 User is offline   21rules 

• Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 59355

Posted 09 October 2013 - 06:13 PM

Does anyone know when Embassy charges your credit card? Is it when you make the reservation or when you check in also does anyone know if when they charge chain policy or does it differ between Embassy hotel locations as there is another con I am planning on attending that is at an Embassy location and cannot find any info about this on their website. Any help would be greatly appreciated as I need to make my reservations as soon as possible but when I get charged will make a big difference on when I am able. Thanks.
Hello IT, have you tried turning it off and on again?

#5 User is offline   magishine 

• Tenkuu Yuusha
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Addict
  • Member No.: 21997

Posted 09 October 2013 - 06:22 PM

View Post21rules, on 09 October 2013 - 06:13 PM, said:

Does anyone know when Embassy charges your credit card? Is it when you make the reservation or when you check in also does anyone know if when they charge chain policy or does it differ between Embassy hotel locations as there is another con I am planning on attending that is at an Embassy location and cannot find any info about this on their website. Any help would be greatly appreciated as I need to make my reservations as soon as possible but when I get charged will make a big difference on when I am able. Thanks.

Can't answer the second half for you but I can answer when. The Embassy doesn't charge until you check in . I've stayed there for the last 4 years and they don't charge st the time you reserve your hotel room
uchu kitaaaaaa!!!!

Cosplays for ACen 2015 and progress made:

Genderbent Caitlyn from League of Legends (100% complete)

Only wearing it Saturday. Possibly Sunday but we'll see

#6 User is offline   Rinzle 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 62857

Posted 10 October 2013 - 05:00 AM

I have worked for Two hotels and have stayed at many they will never charge you at the time of making your reservation. Almost all hotels have a cancellation policy for example some need a 24hr advanced notice on cancellation otherwise they will still charge your card for one nights stay. The hyatt takes one nights fee usually around a month before the con. I am currently booked at The Crowne Plaza for this years ACen and they give you up until 6pm the day of check in to cancel after 6pm they pull the one nights fee.

Im kinda still waiting on the embassy i think there rooms are bigger than the crowne's and well with three female cosplayers doing multiple costume changes id rather be in a room where we can walk and not be stepping all over each other.
ACen 2015 cosplays
Himino- Pretear - Plant~ Friday W/group
Summoner Yuna- Saturday

Past Cons
ACen 2014-Otakon 2013-Anime Midwest 2013-ACen 2013-Anime Milwaukee 2013-ACen 2011- No Brand Con 2008-
Past cosplays
Neo Queen Serenity V.1 & V.2-Usagi Tsukino School uniform-Yuna FFX-Princess Serenity-

#7 User is offline   randy r 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 523

Posted 17 October 2013 - 06:47 AM

View Post21rules, on 09 October 2013 - 06:13 PM, said:

Embassy will charge your card the day before your arrival date. If you use a debit, they will put a hold for the whole amount. Note, the total you get on your reservation does not include parking or internet access. Internet was 13.95/day last year. So, add parking plus internet to your reservation total to get the full total.
randy

What, me worry?- Alfred E. Newman

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users