Anime Central Forums: Any fellow convenience store workers here? - Anime Central Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Any fellow convenience store workers here? 7-11 or similar, 24h stores or not

#1 User is offline   Shiggitay 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 60878

Posted 09 September 2013 - 11:05 PM

Hey all. I'm at work lol. I work at a convenience store called Tedeschi Food Shops. 3rd shift. Anyone else work at a similar establishment?

Posted Image
Anime fo lyfe!

Representin' Anime Boston 2014, ACen 2014, and Otakon 2014!!

-----------------------------Help me out if you can! And please share those links around! Arigatou!!---------------------------
Buy Hatsune Miku -Project DIVA- F 2nd [Famitsu DX Pack] (Japan Version) for PlayStation 3 (PS3)>

Hatsune Miku -Project DIVA- F 2nd | Buy Hatsune Miku -Project DIVA- F 2nd (Japan Version) for PlayStation®Vita (PS Vita)>

#2 User is offline   MsLovelyCookie 

• Registration Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: ACen Staff
  • Member No.: 57517

Posted 10 September 2013 - 10:22 AM

No but I give you props for working the overnight shift which I help for a bit after my afternoon shift.

I work at the airport as a cashier for a franchise for a company. Afternoon shift, part time.
I work at home as a house wife in training. All day shift. Part time. I don't watch soaps and eat Bon Bons.
I'm Just A Girl In The World
Take A Good Look At Me
Just Your Typical Prototype...

Registration Staff: 2012-2014

#3 User is offline   KirbyFanOne 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 49272

Posted 10 September 2013 - 03:04 PM

Some of my best years working were at a local Marathon near my house. I did all the lifting mostly due to the fact most of our cashiers were fragile older ladies. One time I made a throne out of cases of Miller Lite.

I guess you can tell I had a lot of downtime at that job.
Currently watching: People make fools of themselves
Currently reading: Text on a screen
Currently playing: Mind games

This is a turkey ---> o3o

#4 User is offline   Shiggitay 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 60878

Posted 11 September 2013 - 06:14 AM

Haha yeah. I like working overnight, but this week is a living hell.

--START RANT--

Two coworkers of mine in a frickin' row bailed on their shifts and I'm the only one that can cover them. I work 5 days in a row this week. I have worked 7 in a row, but that was scheduled normally, and not as cover shifts. I think I get overtime (for hourly, non-salaried employees like me 40 hours and up is overtime) which will make a nice paycheck, but other than that it's super annoying. Both of the aforementioned coworkers work with me at the convenience store, as well as at other places. Coworker 1 works at a Dunkin Donuts either before or after her 3rd shift responsibility, and last night somehow her DD shift caused a conflict with her conbini shift, and we decided to swap off since I was off that night. I said sure. Then, coworker 2 told our manager that he can't do Wednesday or Thursday and he'd take Friday due to his other job/whatever. That confused the crap out of me. This was all last minute, and I almost forgot about last night's shift and I was late almost 1h40min. Total misunderstanding etc on my part, but at the same time these two have to get their acts together. Our manager talked to them and he assured me that this wouldn't happen again, but yeah. I have two days in a row left to go, then I have Fri/Sat off, and then Sunday from 3pm-11pm. I dunno what next week's schedule is set to bring, but I hope it's less chaotic and I hope CW 1 and 2 take their shifts without offloading them on me.

--END RANT--

Gah.

This post has been edited by Shiggitay: 11 September 2013 - 06:17 AM

Anime fo lyfe!

Representin' Anime Boston 2014, ACen 2014, and Otakon 2014!!

-----------------------------Help me out if you can! And please share those links around! Arigatou!!---------------------------
Buy Hatsune Miku -Project DIVA- F 2nd [Famitsu DX Pack] (Japan Version) for PlayStation 3 (PS3)>

Hatsune Miku -Project DIVA- F 2nd | Buy Hatsune Miku -Project DIVA- F 2nd (Japan Version) for PlayStation®Vita (PS Vita)>

#5 User is offline   Alcatraz 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 62809

Posted 11 September 2013 - 10:44 PM

I may not work in a convenience store, But I do work as a security officer at a distribution warehouse on 3rd shift.

#6 User is offline   SupremeKai 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 58

Posted 13 September 2013 - 10:19 PM

Work morning at a liquor store, nothing like getting the people with the shakes cause they have not had their 40 of Magnum. Or the people who have to play a full page of pick 3 or 4 lottery numbers
If you ever get lost in the forest, screw it build a house, now you have severely improved your predictimet

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users