Attack on Titan badass anime oh my titans

#1 User is offline   Fantasia 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 63205

Posted 06 September 2013 - 10:57 PM

Attack on Titan.

Beautiful smooth animation, excellent plot, packed-full with action, gorgeous concept art, angst, and lovable characters.

I have no regrets about starting this anime. It has been pleasing aesthetically and pleasing in entertainment.

It's a fairly new anime, and it has become HUGE. The anime is barely on 21 episodes and there will be a lot more to come, this is gonna be a long and awesome series! (not naturo long bleah)

10/10 would watch.

For those of you who have watched it, what do you think of it?
ACen COSPLAYS 2014:

Imp Midna LoZ Twilight Princess
Crona
Mirai Kuriyama

#2 User is offline   glenburg89 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 17536

Posted 07 September 2013 - 03:14 AM

I agree 100% with you, Fantasia :)/>
I love the character growth, action, story, the impact of the titans on their livelihood, etc.
Its also cool that all the characters are humans fighting these titans, so no super powers. The maneuver gear looks like a lot of fun and would be awesome if it actually existed :)/>

This post has been edited by glenburg89: 07 September 2013 - 03:15 AM

Anime Central Attendee (2008-Current)

"ACen is like a three day vacation in another world. It's like a filler arc in everyone's life where nothing stressful matters, for that weekend."

#3 User is offline   eat_me_for_I_am_peeps 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 59774

Posted 07 September 2013 - 09:49 AM

I absolutely love AoT, the art is beautiful and the animation is great, though the story is pissing me off SO HARD. I love it though, but I think the creator went to J.K Rowling's School for Killing off Loved Characters.
Need some Rave Gear? I got you! http://kittyandquinn.../kittysravegear

#4 User is offline   excel excel 

• Panel Programming <3
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderator
  • Member No.: 1495

Posted 17 September 2013 - 06:12 PM

I read the manga and watch the anime and I gotta say the anime gives it so much justice. It follows the manga piece by piece and brings it to life so well in animation. I call it Attack On Feels because it just hits you so hard in the gut when it comes to plot and character development. Dont get me started on the twists and turns that comes with it. I love the first season opening intro. Thats what got me into it in the first place. And then that "To Be Continued" pops up, never have I wanted to punch my tv screen lol.
ACen 2013 Cosplay Plans:
MST3k Mike Nelson & Crow-Friday
Team Fortress 2 Medic-Saturday

#5 User is offline   eat_me_for_I_am_peeps 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 59774

Posted 17 September 2013 - 06:25 PM

View Postexcel excel, on 17 September 2013 - 06:12 PM, said:

I read the manga and watch the anime and I gotta say the anime gives it so much justice. It follows the manga piece by piece and brings it to life so well in animation. I call it Attack On Feels because it just hits you so hard in the gut when it comes to plot and character development. Dont get me started on the twists and turns that comes with it. I love the first season opening intro. Thats what got me into it in the first place. And then that "To Be Continued" pops up, never have I wanted to punch my tv screen lol.

Character development? What character development?! Everyone dies so fast XD

Attack on Feels is accurate lol
Need some Rave Gear? I got you! http://kittyandquinn.../kittysravegear

#6 User is offline   KirbyFanOne 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 49272

Posted 19 September 2013 - 04:33 PM

Attack On Recap was fairly fast paced until they got to the expedition outside the walls. After that it dragged on for episodes and they never got to Eren's house to discover the secret therein, so it was kind of a waste (or tease?) On top of that it was extremely obvious who the Female Titan was, thus ruining some of the suspense and fear. Matter of fact, I find her to be one of the top three interesting characters and give more of a crap about her more than any of the other one-sided characters present.

It still holds my interest but as time went on, I saw some of the seams coming loose. With only a few episodes left until an anime like this ends (26 episodes) it's going to be either 1: Stay tuned for season two on a cliff hanger, 2: everything is going to come at us like a freight train, or 3: more episodes. To be honest I'm not sure which outcome I'd want.
Currently watching: People make fools of themselves
Currently reading: Text on a screen
Currently playing: Mind games

This is a turkey ---> o3o

#7 User is offline   Iris 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 3989

Posted 19 September 2013 - 10:23 PM

My guess is that it's going to end on a cliff hanger regarding the walls (which would be the 25th episode presumably). It's something that answers nothing but adds more for you to speculate on and actually seems like a good place to close out for a break (which would be the end of Chapter 33). It's possible they could go a little further then that if they wanted, but to me that seems one of the best places to cut it if they continue to follow as closely as they have been to the manga.

The manga is currently only on the 49th chapter and they still haven't reached Eren's house so.. I wouldn't bet on seeing it anytime soon. I'm just hoping we don't have to wait forever for a second season. @_@

#8 User is offline   Snow_Storm 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 58697

Posted 23 September 2013 - 09:59 PM

Now that season one has ended, I ca finally catch up to the series. (Currently stuck on episode 10). It's a pretty good show so far. Losts of Game of Thrones style character killing with a drama that is kinda like The Walking Dead. Just love it!
ACen 2014 Cosplay List (Final)

Goat-Kun (Umineko no Naku Koro Ni) - Friday
Garterbelt (Panty and Stocking) - Saturday
Coach (Left 4 Dead 2) - Thursay (maybe), Saturday

#9 User is offline   MizukiMidnight 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 56276

Posted 27 September 2013 - 10:17 AM

View PostIris, on 19 September 2013 - 10:23 PM, said:

My guess is that it's going to end on a cliff hanger regarding the walls (which would be the 25th episode presumably). It's something that answers nothing but adds more for you to speculate on and actually seems like a good place to close out for a break (which would be the end of Chapter 33). It's possible they could go a little further then that if they wanted, but to me that seems one of the best places to cut it if they continue to follow as closely as they have been to the manga.

The manga is currently only on the 49th chapter and they still haven't reached Eren's house so.. I wouldn't bet on seeing it anytime soon. I'm just hoping we don't have to wait forever for a second season. @_@

I've kept up with the manga (and it's slow updates D:) as well, and I'm really, REALLY hoping they don't start the the second season anytime soon. They are doing fairly well in keeping true to the manga, with a few inconsistencies here and there. If they were to make a new season in a couple months, say, I wouldn't be surprised if there were some fillers that just began to ruin the series as a whole *13 plus weeks of filler in Naruto, for example* - I love Naruto though haha
Coming back as Vincent Valentine! WOOT!
ACen 2014 Cosplays:
Vincent Valentine-100%
Ninja War Hinata-100%
Steampunk/Victorian/Original-100%
Zoe Hanji-100%
Zakuro Tokyo Mew Mew-100%
Mariko Miniskirt Space Pirates-100%

#10 User is offline   drygrapes312 

• Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 64177

Posted 30 October 2013 - 06:06 PM

I absolutely loveed attack on titan. The animation is quite different from all the other animes, the expressions were realistic and I was at the end of my chair by the end of the episode. So far i'm up to date with the manga, like everyone else, I'm mad that they have not reached Eren's house yet!
I'm in the final round of the ACen slogan contest YAYYYY :D my slogan is: "The ultimate conversation ice breaker: Got Soap?"

Any vote is appreciated! Thanks!!
Heres the link: Soap Contest forum!

#11 User is offline   Femme Fatale 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 7220

Posted 07 December 2013 - 06:39 PM

Great anime. Loved the story. Episodes kept me wanting to know what's gonna happen next. I liked how the Titans were created...small, medium, big, and downright scary lookin'. Hopefully a second season will come 'round the corner because I'm juts dying to know how Eren and Annie became Titans, the secret in Eren's father's basement, and will the war with the Titans be over. But other than that, good anime :thumbup:
Excel's Big Sis

Coming Soon to ACen 2015

Sailor Mars (Sailor Moon) and Celestia Ludenberg (Dangan Ronpa) Friday and Saturday

#12 User is offline   Fantasia 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 25 December 2013 - 06:08 PM

I know some scenes were meant to be serious but those titan faces made me crack up so much.
ACen COSPLAYS 2014:

Crona
Mirai Kuriyama

#13 User is offline   MangaMan 

• Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 64933

Posted 19 January 2014 - 02:53 PM

Okay so anyone that hasn't read the manga or who hasn't up to volume 10, STOP READING NOW CAUSE I WANT TO TALK SPOILERS.

Okay, so, did anyone else find the reveal of the armored and colossus titans to be a little awkward? I mean, you kind of suspected said character from the get go and though it wasn't as obvious as the female titans reveal, the way they reveal them felt like: "Hey Erin, yeah we are the titans that everyone's been looking for. Come with us if you want to live!"

#14 User is offline   kitty wolf 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Bigfoot
  • Member No.: 29897

Posted 10 February 2014 - 11:29 AM

Is Shingeki no Kyojin: Ilse no Techou season 2 or another OVA
ACen 08-Toboe/Wolf's Rain
ACen 11- Yoruichi/Bleach, Sango/Inuyasha
ACen 13 – Yoruichi/Bleach,Rocket Grunt
ACen 14 - Tracksuit Ryuko/Kill la kill

#15 User is offline   cactusmomma 

• Costume Events Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: ACen Staff
  • Member No.: 3528

Posted 12 March 2014 - 02:25 PM

The dub casting so far:

Levi – Matthew Mercer
Petra – Caitlin Glass
Hange – Jessica Calvello
Bertholdt -David Matranga
Pixis- R. Bruce. Elliot
Jean – Mike McFarland
Sasha – Ashly Burch
Conny – Clifford Chapin
Anka – Jamie Marchi
Hanna – Tia Ballard
Gustav – Keith Kubal
Christa – Bryn Apprill
Ymir – Elizabeth Maxwell
Keith – Patrick Seitz
Moses – Jeff Johnson
Erwin – J. Michael Tatum
Marco – Austin Tindle
Carla – Jessica Cavanagh
Grisha – Chris Hury
Hannes – David Wald

#16 User is offline   Fantasia 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 13 March 2014 - 11:28 AM

I am really excited to have J. Michael Tatum as Erwin. I met the guy and he was really nice! XD I will watch the crap out of the dub when it's released.
ACen COSPLAYS 2014:

Crona
Mirai Kuriyama

#17 User is offline   cactusmomma 

• Costume Events Staff
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 13 March 2014 - 10:56 PM

Next round!
Mina - Alexis Tipton
Dazz - Brad Venable
Mitabi - Kyle Hebert
Milieus - Joel McDonald
Franz - James Chandler
Hugo - Tyson Rinehart
Mikasa - Trina Nishimura
Ian - Scott Freeman
Rico - Morgan Garrett
Nack - Will Short

#18 User is offline   cactusmomma 

• Costume Events Staff
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 14 March 2014 - 04:09 PM

More to love:
Armin - Josh Grelle
Kitz - Chris Sabat
Samuel - Dave Trosko
Thomas - Duncan Brannan
Annie - Lauren Landa
Moblet - Matthew Ham
Reiner - Robert McCollum
Eren - Bryce Papenbrook

#19 User is offline   Matt 

• Registration Staff
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 1225

Posted 21 April 2014 - 06:12 PM

Very good anime, and I especially liked the art style--it was distinctive enough to set it apart from most of the anime I've seen. And the Maneuver Gear tracking animation was quite impressive. Even though the cast is so large, the writers skillfully developed most of the characters and their motivations in such a short time frame. Story-wise, it'll be interesting to find out how the Human-Titan interaction works, since
Spoiler
:heart: <span style='color:Magenta'>Proud Secretary of the Plushy Guardian Alliance</span> :heart:

:heart: <span style='color:Blue'>Soldier in The Glomp Team </span> :heart:

<span style='color:DarkSlateBlue'>Member of the Anime Central Association for the Advancement of Bunnykind</span>

#20 User is offline   Keiichi-chan 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 3332

Posted 01 May 2014 - 10:12 PM

i read the first chapters right before the anime was announced, they were okay.

the anime was good, until episode 13 where it fell into a pit of generic shonen battle tropes, which made me completely lose interest since the characters alone weren't enough to hold my interest. the animation and production are really nice, though.

#21 User is offline   GITS SAC Motoko 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 19048

Posted 07 May 2014 - 01:14 PM

I actually found a copy of the manga in my University's book store, weirdly enough--so I got volume 1! So I guess I'm going to start reading the manga for sure now. I wasn't super into it before, but I have dwindled here and there in the manga and saw some good battle scenes in the anime so it's sparked my interest. Just another thing to watch so I can be caught up for season 2! I think I'm going to just watch it subbed, though.
Motoko Kusanagi is mah womanz. ;3 HEEEEYYYY SEXY MOTOKO OP OP OP OPPAN MOTOKO STYLE
Cosplay for ACen 2013: Major Motoko Kusanagi--Ghost in the Shell S.A.C. 2nd GIG, Lucy--Elfen Lied, episode 1 "outfit' ;3 and perhaps an additional. Maaaaaybe :3
Cosplay for ACen 2010, 2011, 2012: Major Motoko Kusanagi--Ghost in the Shell: S.A.C. 2nd GIG

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users