• This topic is locked

Preregistration is Open!

#1 User is offline   wolfedragon 

• Registration DH
  • PipPip
  • Group: Department Head
  • Member No.: 21692

Posted 01 September 2013 - 09:11 AM

Preregistration for ACen 2014 is officially open!!! Adult full weekend membership badges can be purchased for only $43 ($45 with mailing). For more information go to http://www.ACen.org/...gistration-info

This post has been edited by wolfedragon: 15 September 2013 - 07:42 PM

Questions about Registration? Email us at registration@ACen.org

Attendee 2008-2009
Registration Staff 2010
Assistant Department Head of Registration 2011-2014
Department Head of Registration 2015

"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons - for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup"

#2 User is offline   randy r 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 523

Posted 02 September 2013 - 09:58 PM

I saw the Facebook notice that reg was going to open 1 Sep. Yet, I never received a Twitter message. Nor does the homepage for ACen say anything. Do you not send out inf and update the main page at the same time?
randy

What, me worry?- Alfred E. Newman

#3 User is offline   Gaynor79 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Bigfoot
  • Member No.: 36907

Posted 02 September 2013 - 10:24 PM

Has the panel submissions for 2014 opened as well? The link in the sidebar on the main page appears to be active.

#4 User is offline   wolfedragon 

• Registration DH
  • PipPip

Posted 03 September 2013 - 05:27 PM

View Postrandy r, on 02 September 2013 - 09:58 PM, said:

I saw the Facebook notice that reg was going to open 1 Sep. Yet, I never received a Twitter message. Nor does the homepage for ACen say anything. Do you not send out inf and update the main page at the same time?

Hi randy r,

The homepage is now updated to show that registration is open (thought I had it set to update that as well...). Thank you for pointing that out to me! As for the Twitter notifications, there were 2 that went out about registration: one on August 27th (the same day that it was posted on the Anime Central page, as well as the Anime Central and ACen groups) and one on September 1st when registration was open.

~Melanie Gillies
Assistant Department Head of Registration

Attendee 2008-2009
Registration Staff 2010

"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons - for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup"

#5 User is offline   randy r 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 523

Posted 04 September 2013 - 04:19 AM

View Postwolfedragon, on 03 September 2013 - 05:27 PM, said:

Hi randy r,

The homepage is now updated to show that registration is open (thought I had it set to update that as well...). Thank you for pointing that out to me! As for the Twitter notifications, there were 2 that went out about registration: one on August 27th (the same day that it was posted on the Anime Central page, as well as the Anime Central and ACen groups) and one on September 1st when registration was open.

~Melanie Gillies

I never received either of those tweets. Checked Twitter, and it shows I'm still following. So, who knows.
randy

What, me worry?- Alfred E. Newman

#6 User is offline   MsLovelyCookie 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 57517

Posted 04 September 2013 - 01:26 PM

Registration is open for ACen 2014 and don't forget to choose badge mailing! Who has theirs already?
11:25am - 1 Sep 13

Registration for ACen 2014 opens September 1st and we hope you'll be joining us this year! Check out our website... fb.me/1CzcyTmxY
9:17am - 27 Aug 13

I check twitter 24/7 and I got both tweets. Strange. O_o
I'm Just A Girl In The World
Take A Good Look At Me
Just Your Typical Prototype...

Registration Staff: 2012-2014

#7 User is offline   SomeDude 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 60530

Posted 14 November 2013 - 08:31 PM

ok im a idiot where the hell is the form to sign up and pay for this? I did this before and for some reason this year the link or whatever it is must be alluding me??? Where do I sign up I am extremely confused.
https://www.facebook...79955459&type=1 ACen 2013 pics feel free to tag/friend whatever.

#8 User is offline   KungPowKirby 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Addict
  • Member No.: 53583

Posted 14 November 2013 - 08:38 PM

View PostSomeDude, on 14 November 2013 - 08:31 PM, said:

ok im a idiot where the hell is the form to sign up and pay for this? I did this before and for some reason this year the link or whatever it is must be alluding me??? Where do I sign up I am extremely confused.

The link below is where you register. - You can also find it on ACen.org under "Register" and then "sign up/log in". If you did it last year then the system will already have your info in it.

https://www.ACen.org/user

This post has been edited by KungPowKirby: 14 November 2013 - 08:39 PM

No Soap = No Waifu Winner of the 2015 "Got Soap" slogan contest. ;)

"If this body is not capable of action, I suggest new leadership is needed. I move for a vote of no confidence in Chancellor Valorum's leadership."- Queen Amidala; Star Wars: Phantom Menace

#9 User is offline   wolfedragon 

• Registration DH
  • PipPip

Posted 15 November 2013 - 07:34 AM

View PostSomeDude, on 14 November 2013 - 08:31 PM, said:

Hi SomeDude,

If you already have an account in our registration system, the easiest way to purchase your membership badge is to log in to your account and click on "Purchase Badge" under the "Register" menu on the left-hand side of the screen.

View PostKungPowKirby, on 14 November 2013 - 08:38 PM, said:

The link below is where you register. - You can also find it on ACen.org under "Register" and then "sign up/log in". If you did it last year then the system will already have your info in it.

https://www.ACen.org/user

The link that KungPowKirby linked to is actually the link to log in to your account, but you will need to click on "Purchase Badge" (under "Register" on the left-hand side of the screen) in order to actually purchase the membership badge.

Melanie Gillies

This post has been edited by wolfedragon: 15 November 2013 - 07:38 AM

Attendee 2008-2009
Registration Staff 2010

#10 User is offline   Tinker 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 64810

Posted 27 December 2013 - 03:46 PM

A few issues with registration besides having to hunt around for the 'Purchase Badge' button and general odd layout. Hasn't been improved since last year.

Signing up multiple people under one ticket (making a group) is a cumbersome process involving logging in, creating a group, logging out, creating a new account, joining the group, logging out, making a new account, joining the group, logging out, ad nauseum. Very parent un-friendly.

My biggest concern is the unencrypted credit card payment box. It *might* get encrypted somewhere down the line, but asking people to send unencrypted credit/debit card information through the internet where any sniffer between them and ACen's servers are is just a BAD idea. Nevermind what a bot or datalogger snuck onto those servers could do with joyously accessible info like that. I don't know if ACen thinks it is saving money this way or what, but as soon as a Target store happens to them, they are going to be paying out money to consumers and credit monitoring agencies BIG TIME.

ACen really needs to either find or hire a good website commerce person/agency and clean up their stuff to make it both MUCH more secure and parent proof registration portal.

#11 User is offline   ever 

• Finance Team
  • PipPip
  • Group: ACen Staff
  • Member No.: 18990

Posted 30 December 2013 - 01:27 PM

View PostTinker, on 27 December 2013 - 03:46 PM, said:

My biggest concern is the unencrypted credit card payment box. It *might* get encrypted somewhere down the line, but asking people to send unencrypted credit/debit card information through the internet where any sniffer between them and ACen's servers are is just a BAD idea. Nevermind what a bot or datalogger snuck onto those servers could do with joyously accessible info like that. I don't know if ACen thinks it is saving money this way or what, but as soon as a Target store happens to them, they are going to be paying out money to consumers and credit monitoring agencies BIG TIME.

ACen really needs to either find or hire a good website commerce person/agency and clean up their stuff to make it both MUCH more secure and parent proof registration portal.

Thank you for bringing your concern to our attention and we will be looking into it. If you have further questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us at registration@ACen.org.

Melinda Hayden
Registration Department Head

... never found an apple I could resist ...

2014-present : MAPS committee staff
2012-2014 : Department Head of Registration
2010-2011 : Assistant Department Head of Registration
2009 : General Registration Staff

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users