Anime Central Forums: Need advice from Metal/Metallic cosplayers - Anime Central Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Need advice from Metal/Metallic cosplayers Looking for some help on my first cosplay experience

#1 User is offline   Nique 

• Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 64026

Posted 23 July 2013 - 09:53 AM

Hello everyone, I've been attending ACen for a couple years now and I've finally decided to cosplay. One of my costumes is going to be Cyborg from Teen Titans. I'm wondering if anyone has cosplayed as Iron-man or any other metallic anime/cartoon/video game characters and have some advice on how to make it look authentic while conforming to the rules of the convention.

#2 User is offline   Vineshia 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 63360

Posted 23 July 2013 - 01:44 PM

This is the tutorial I used to start making armor. It's really rather inexpensive and light weight which is nice and I found that you don't have to go by the stove to mold it. A hairdryer works just fine as well as hot glue if you are putting pieces together but with the hot glue you gotta work fast.

Craft Foam Armor

This is a little less durable than other options.

If you wanted something more durable instead of using fabric use a product like Wonderflex, it's a plastic that when heated up (again a hairdryer will work) it can mold easily. Putting it on top of the foam makes it really comfortable to wear but still durable.

Hope this helps!
ACen 2015 - Let's Get Ready!

One Piece Shoots Me- Sugar (95%)
One Piece Shoots Husband - Dressrosa Usopp (90%)

ACen 2014 Pictures Here!
Thanks to Joruri-chan for my Avatar :)

#3 User is offline   Nique 

• Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 64026

Posted 24 July 2013 - 06:39 AM

View PostVineshia, on 23 July 2013 - 01:44 PM, said:

This is the tutorial I used to start making armor. It's really rather inexpensive and light weight which is nice and I found that you don't have to go by the stove to mold it. A hairdryer works just fine as well as hot glue if you are putting pieces together but with the hot glue you gotta work fast.

Craft Foam Armor

This is a little less durable than other options.

If you wanted something more durable instead of using fabric use a product like Wonderflex, it's a plastic that when heated up (again a hairdryer will work) it can mold easily. Putting it on top of the foam makes it really comfortable to wear but still durable.

Hope this helps!

Thank you so much I'll surely look into it :)/> I appreciate the help

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users