Anime Central Forums: Illinois becomes the final state to allow concealed carry - Anime Central Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Illinois becomes the final state to allow concealed carry Finally!

#1 User is offline   JujuFox 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 45794

Posted 09 July 2013 - 03:01 PM

http://www.chicagotr...0,4356935.story

Concealed carry permits aren't immediately available, but applications should be made available in a few months.

What do you guys think? Going to get one? Already have one for another state? Against guns completely? Discuss!
Attending since 2005 ~ Artist Alley '06, '11, '12, '13, & '14

Cosplays 2014: Friday: Ness(female version) Saturday: Chell Sunday: Myself
Cosplays 2013: Friday: Major Motoko Kusanagi(picture) Saturday: Chell(picture) Sunday: Ness(picture)

Check out my shop Geeky Cute Crochet on Etsy!

#2 User is offline   rondo 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 9075

Posted 09 July 2013 - 08:44 PM

But you can't have them in Chicago..legally. Is it just Chicago?

#3 User is offline   JujuFox 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip

Posted 09 July 2013 - 09:25 PM

View Postrondo, on 09 July 2013 - 08:44 PM, said:

But you can't have them in Chicago..legally. Is it just Chicago?

The Chicago gun ban was lifted in 2010(http://www.huffingto...k_n_642741.html).

The state of Illinois was the last state in the US to not allow concealed carry. The courts ruled that it was unconstitutional, and gave lawmakers a deadline to enact a concealed carry law.

Now all you will need is a FOID card, 16 hours of training, a background check, and $150. They are predicting 300,000 will apply when they have it available. I'm sure it'll be triple that number.

Cosplays 2013: Friday: Major Motoko Kusanagi(picture) Saturday: Chell(picture) Sunday: Ness(picture)

#4 User is offline   KirbyFanOne 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Member No.: 49272

Posted 09 July 2013 - 11:13 PM

It's about time this passed. The Peoples Republic of Illinois finally catches up with the rest of our glorious nation. If I had a gun here, I'd fire in celebration.

...But "fire" around here is a very verboten word to utter right now.
Currently watching: People make fools of themselves
Currently reading: Text on a screen
Currently playing: Mind games

This is a turkey ---> o3o

#5 User is offline   wolverine33 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 582

Posted 17 July 2013 - 07:29 PM

I agree it's about time, it's been LONG overdue to get this turned over...

Later B)

#6 User is offline   Snow_Storm 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 58697

Posted 31 July 2013 - 12:25 PM

It's about time you guys passed the CC law! I mean I'm not from Illinois (well, I can get to that state in less than 20 minutes) but still, welcome to the rest of CC America!
ACen 2014 Cosplay List (Final)

Goat-Kun (Umineko no Naku Koro Ni) - Friday
Garterbelt (Panty and Stocking) - Saturday
Coach (Left 4 Dead 2) - Thursay (maybe), Saturday

#7 User is offline   Dark Spellmaster 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 24895

Posted 31 July 2013 - 01:14 PM

Urgh, this is going to turn out to be bad, particaully if gang members now use this and wind up in more fire fights. I'm sorry but the idea of someone who's only had 16 hours of training with a weapon of ANY KIND scares the hell out of me. There was a reason why swords were taught at a young age, so people could learn to handle them properly. Guns are freaking dangerous. I mean hell, if you want a rather disturbing story, Marshall Feilds son shot his head off while cleaning his rifle.

Another thing that bothers me is now it would be easier for morons to injure themselves or one another. Given the fact that there are accidents all the freaking time with weapons (People forget its loaded, kids play with them, etc) I just have a sick feeling that we're going to be going back to the wild west days and eventually something will give. *sighs* I would say you have to do more than 16 hours of training, you have to do a full year, classes every week, etc, until you know that weapon inside out and about how to use it responsibly. I'd also insist that owners get a good full up front look at what sort of real life damage a gun can do to a person or persons if it's used on them. IE, take them to the morgue, and let them see what gun violence can do to a person.
~@~ Delightfully Playing: Prima-Vocaloid 0%, Mew-Two 80%, Muppeters -100% -2014 ~@~
~*@*~ 2013:The Riddler, Muppeters, Mew-Two 2012: The Riddler, Shadow Fairy 2011: Rinslet from Black Cat, Carmen Sandiego,Wanda from Fairly Odd Parents. 2010: Younger Walter, Carmen Sandiego. 2009: Goku from Saiyuki~*@*~

DEVIL MAY CRY SAGA PANEL 2013

Pardon the Pause is a Podcast that focuses on Geek culture:
Pardon the Pause

#8 User is offline   JujuFox 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip

Posted 31 July 2013 - 04:18 PM

View PostDark Spellmaster, on 31 July 2013 - 01:14 PM, said:

Urgh, this is going to turn out to be bad, particaully if gang members now use this and wind up in more fire fights. I'm sorry but the idea of someone who's only had 16 hours of training with a weapon of ANY KIND scares the hell out of me. There was a reason why swords were taught at a young age, so people could learn to handle them properly. Guns are freaking dangerous. I mean hell, if you want a rather disturbing story, Marshall Feilds son shot his head off while cleaning his rifle.

Another thing that bothers me is now it would be easier for morons to injure themselves or one another. Given the fact that there are accidents all the freaking time with weapons (People forget its loaded, kids play with them, etc) I just have a sick feeling that we're going to be going back to the wild west days and eventually something will give. *sighs* I would say you have to do more than 16 hours of training, you have to do a full year, classes every week, etc, until you know that weapon inside out and about how to use it responsibly. I'd also insist that owners get a good full up front look at what sort of real life damage a gun can do to a person or persons if it's used on them. IE, take them to the morgue, and let them see what gun violence can do to a person.

I'm going to tackle your concerns one by one, but first let me start off with an analogy... When you are of age and get your learners permit you start taking classes and learning about how to drive. You learn that driving and drinking don't mix, you have to follow the rules of the road, you have to maintain your car to keep it running properly, etc. Driving is a privilege given to you by your state when you pass the tests and are given a driver's license. There are people out there that don't have a license, but think it's okay for them to drive anyway. They are putting their lives, and the lives of others at risk. According to IDOT there were 963 traffic deaths last year. Despite our laws people can die from reckless driving, poor choices, distraction, and not taking the proper training.

Now compare that to what you have to go through to get a CC license. Seems fair to me. Like a driver's license it's a privilege, so not just anyone is going to be able to get the CC permit.

Every state now has CC, and IL has the highest training requirement in the nation.

Gang members already carry concealed weapons. They obtain guns through illegal means like straw sales(http://articles.chic...traw-purchasing). Laws can't stop them from obtaining and using guns. Gangs themselves are illegal, yet they still exist. Chicago had a gun ban that was enacted sometime in the 80's through 2010. Despite the all-out banning, shootings prevailed, and continue to this day. Making guns illegal in Chicago had no effect on the gangs and the shootings. We need more law enforcement, not more laws. We need to disband gangs to stop the gang violence. It's a complicated problem that can't easily be remedied.

I have had NO formal gun training whatsoever. My dad taught me everything. Being a responsible gun owner, he kept our guns under lock and key, and taught us to respect guns.

An unloaded gun is about as dangerous as a brick. It's an inanimate object.

Accidental gun fatalities account for 0.6% of deaths in the US.

Speaking about accidents, you should never clean a loaded weapon. That is common sense.

You always treat a gun as if it's loaded. That's common sense rule number one.

I don't need a trip to the morgue to see how guns kill.

If you really want to see a real life gun shot to the head watch the Zapruter film(http://www.youtube.c...h?v=iU83R7rpXQY). I don't know why, but the JFK assassination conspiracies intrigues me. There is no way it was Lee Harvey Oswald, as he said himself before he was silenced, he was a patsy.

Although watching a gun shot wound or seeing a dead person might not have much effect on people these days. We see so much of it in TV, movies, and vidja games.

And since you brought swords up, check this out: http://www.youtube.c...h?v=8PQiaurIiDM You can buy any of those swords and own one today with no background check or training. No more hard work with a bone saw when you butcher your pig, just one quick clean slice!

EDIT: I had put 6%, but it's actually 0.6% here is the source: http://gunfacts.info...-6-2-screen.pdf

This post has been edited by JujuFox: 01 August 2013 - 09:13 AM

#9 User is offline   sentinel28a 

• Mad Irishman
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Obsessed
  • Member No.: 1435

Posted 02 August 2013 - 11:35 PM

Most gun owners are quite aware of what a gun will do to people.

The reason why they buy one is because they don't want to see what one will do to them.

Ben Da Mad Irishman
See my art. Love it. Hug it. http://sentinel28a.d...art.com/gallery
Read my fanfiction. NOW. You'll thank me later.
First Place, Yahoo ACen League, 2006
First Place, NFL.com Otaku Amefuto League, 2012

Those who stand for nothing will fall for anything.
BEAR CAV!

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users