Anime Central Forums: Little Witch Academia - Anime Central Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Little Witch Academia Fans fund episode 2???

#1 User is offline   KungPowKirby 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Addict
  • Member No.: 53583

Posted 08 July 2013 - 10:04 PM

So the popular anime short is trying to raise funds to make a second episode. They apparently have enough to make a standered episode - but they want to expand beyond the normal 20 minute episode. They have started a kick starter to make $150,000. This is an amazing anime short- and I'd love to see more. Do you guys think there's a future for anime with this kind of fundraising? Would you donate? Discuss!
Anime short with English subs!
Kickstarter

This post has been edited by KungPowKirby: 08 July 2013 - 10:05 PM

No Soap = No Waifu Winner of the 2015 "Got Soap" slogan contest. ;)

"If this body is not capable of action, I suggest new leadership is needed. I move for a vote of no confidence in Chancellor Valorum's leadership."- Queen Amidala; Star Wars: Phantom Menace

#2 User is offline   rondo 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 9075

Posted 09 July 2013 - 06:34 AM

View PostKungPowKirby, on 08 July 2013 - 10:04 PM, said:

So the popular anime short is trying to raise funds to make a second episode. They apparently have enough to make a standered episode - but they want to expand beyond the normal 20 minute episode. They have started a kick starter to make $150,000. This is an amazing anime short- and I'd love to see more. Do you guys think there's a future for anime with this kind of fundraising? Would you donate? Discuss!
Anime short with English subs!
Kickstarter

They've already hit their goal. Heck, the 2K and 10K pledges are already sold out. What sucks is that it'll be 2015 before this episode is done. Ouch.

I think this should be able to get their studio on the map and maybe get some serious funding.

This post has been edited by rondo: 09 July 2013 - 06:37 AM

#3 User is offline   KungPowKirby 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip

Posted 09 July 2013 - 08:39 AM

View Postrondo, on 09 July 2013 - 06:34 AM, said:

They've already hit their goal. Heck, the 2K and 10K pledges are already sold out. What sucks is that it'll be 2015 before this episode is done. Ouch.

I think this should be able to get their studio on the map and maybe get some serious funding.

I know! When I posted this there was only 1 pledge of $100! They have hit 200k and its not even been 24 hours! So excited for them. Maybe they can use some of the extra funds to speed the process up ;)

"If this body is not capable of action, I suggest new leadership is needed. I move for a vote of no confidence in Chancellor Valorum's leadership."- Queen Amidala; Star Wars: Phantom Menace

#4 User is offline   Animexcel 

• Production Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: ACen Staff
  • Member No.: 80

Posted 10 July 2013 - 11:54 AM

Yeah, I just discovered this gem yesterday and the animation was pretty nice. What does happen with all that extra money? They still have 28 days left and the total keeps on growing xD Hope to see some figmas released in the future!
ACen Mascot Artist

#5 User is offline   KungPowKirby 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip

Posted 10 July 2013 - 04:14 PM

View PostAnimexcel, on 10 July 2013 - 11:54 AM, said:

Yeah, I just discovered this gem yesterday and the animation was pretty nice. What does happen with all that extra money? They still have 28 days left and the total keeps on growing xD Hope to see some figmas released in the future!

I'm personally hoping to see more of the anime. Merchandise is great and all, but if they can make the anime viable, they may find companies willing to pay them for the opportunity to release it. Same goes with dubbing. I think the Japanese voice actors did a wonderful job. They don't need to spend the money doing what will probably eventually be done by an American studio like Aniplex or Funimation. That's just my thought about it though.

#6 User is offline   Dark Spellmaster 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 24895

Posted 13 July 2013 - 02:11 AM

I honestly hope that they get funded by a larger group to do this as a full on series. If Crunchy roll could help get Kyoto to make Free! (swimming Anime) into a series, then this show should get the chance.
~@~ Delightfully Playing: Prima-Vocaloid 0%, Mew-Two 80%, Muppeters -100% -2014 ~@~
~*@*~ 2013:The Riddler, Muppeters, Mew-Two 2012: The Riddler, Shadow Fairy 2011: Rinslet from Black Cat, Carmen Sandiego,Wanda from Fairly Odd Parents. 2010: Younger Walter, Carmen Sandiego. 2009: Goku from Saiyuki~*@*~

DEVIL MAY CRY SAGA PANEL 2013

Pardon the Pause is a Podcast that focuses on Geek culture:
Pardon the Pause

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users