Anime Central Forums: Other room blocks - will there be an announcement beforehand? - Anime Central Forums

• 4 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Other room blocks - will there be an announcement beforehand?

#31 User is offline   JujuFox 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 45794

Posted 16 October 2013 - 09:15 AM

View Postisbichan, on 16 October 2013 - 09:08 AM, said:

As of 10:05 they're saying that the room block has not been released, and I was told that they don't take reservations 6 months in advance. The rep suggested calling back in a few days.

Sic 'em, Falco.

Tell them it's for the Midwest Animation Promotion Society room block. This happened to me when I talked to the Hyatt rep. They have no idea what ACen is, but they know MAPS.
Attending since 2005 • Artist Alley '06, '11, '12, '13, '14, '15Check out my shop Geeky Cute Crochet on Etsy!

#32 User is offline   Level-5 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 62879

Posted 16 October 2013 - 09:15 AM

View Postisbichan, on 16 October 2013 - 09:08 AM, said:

As of 10:05 they're saying that the room block has not been released, and I was told that they don't take reservations 6 months in advance. The rep suggested calling back in a few days.

Sic 'em, Falco.

Call them back. I just reserved a room under that room block rate at 10:05. I called them at 9:50 and it was blocked off as in you can't reserve anything but after 10 it was ok.

Did you say "Anime midwest 2014?" or "Anime midwest 2014 room rate?"

Double beds btw are 210 per night

#33 User is offline   isbichan 

• Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 63620

Posted 16 October 2013 - 09:20 AM

View PostLevel-5, on 16 October 2013 - 09:15 AM, said:

Call them back. I just reserved a room under that room block rate at 10:05. I called them at 9:50 and it was blocked off as in you can't reserve anything but after 10 it was ok.

Did you say "Anime midwest 2014?" or "Anime midwest 2014 room rate?"

Double beds btw are 210 per night

I said that I'm with Anime... and she came back with "Central?" which seems to indicate that they're familiar with both names, but I'll try again. BTW, isn't Anime Midwest a different con?

#34 User is offline   Iris 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 3989

Posted 16 October 2013 - 09:21 AM

God I hope they actually put the stupid link up soon. I've got a sinus infection from hell and the last thing I want to do is try and talk to someone on the phone forever. >w< Don't set an exact time if you aren't going to follow through.

#35 User is offline   Ketsueki Raven 

• Veteran
  • PipPip
  • Group: Veteran
  • Member No.: 11782

Posted 16 October 2013 - 09:22 AM

I called at 10 and she said to call back in a few hours because the paperwork wasn't completed. Now I can't get through because the lines always busy.

Also on the website, the link says it won't be available until 10/16/14...after ACen? I assume they meant 2013, but the link still isn't available.

Delta Phi Lambda Sorority, Inc.
#45 Airyn from ISU's Terrific Three Nu Class SPR '10

"If it looks like I'm fading, light a torch for me."
@ketsueki_raven

#36 User is offline   magishine 

• Tenkuu Yuusha
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Addict
  • Member No.: 21997

Posted 16 October 2013 - 09:28 AM

I called at 10:08 and I got reserved and all set. Got my confirmation number and everything. Woot!
uchu kitaaaaaa!!!!

Cosplays for ACen 2015 and progress made:

Genderbent Caitlyn from League of Legends (100% complete)

Only wearing it Saturday. Possibly Sunday but we'll see

#37 User is offline   Level-5 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 16 October 2013 - 09:33 AM

View PostKetsueki Raven, on 16 October 2013 - 09:22 AM, said:

I called at 10 and she said to call back in a few hours because the paperwork wasn't completed. Now I can't get through because the lines always busy.

Also on the website, the link says it won't be available until 10/16/14...after ACen? I assume they meant 2013, but the link still isn't available.

You have to call like a bit before or during 10 on the dot and wait on the phone. I called at 9:50 and it wasn't ready yet but when I called back around 10:05 it was good to go.

@isbichan: Anime midwest is actually the company I believe so you would have to say that.

Question: Has anyone used Hilton honor points or Hyatt points for the hotels for free rooms? I tried and I couldn't do it because they said the room block was shut off from regular reservations :(

#38 User is offline   magishine 

• Tenkuu Yuusha
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Addict
  • Member No.: 21997

Posted 16 October 2013 - 09:35 AM

View PostLevel-5, on 16 October 2013 - 09:33 AM, said:

@isbichan: Anime midwest is actually the company I believe so you would have to say that.

Anime Midwest is a COMPLETELY different con. When booking a room, you need to tell them it's for Anime Central or MAPS.
uchu kitaaaaaa!!!!

Cosplays for ACen 2015 and progress made:

Genderbent Caitlyn from League of Legends (100% complete)

Only wearing it Saturday. Possibly Sunday but we'll see

#39 User is offline   isbichan 

• Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 63620

Posted 16 October 2013 - 09:35 AM

View PostKetsueki Raven, on 16 October 2013 - 09:22 AM, said:

The time stamp on the forums seems to be an hour off as well.

Just got my room. :clap:/>/>/> They already knew it was for ACen when I gave her the dates, and verified that it was in our room block.

And now the waiting game begins. :ph34r:/>/>/>

#40 User is offline   Level-5 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 16 October 2013 - 09:38 AM

View Postmagishine, on 16 October 2013 - 09:35 AM, said:

Anime Midwest is a COMPLETELY different con. When booking a room, you need to tell them it's for Anime Central or MAPS.

I told them Anime Midwest or Anime midwest central and they found it so I dunno >.>; Sorry.

This post has been edited by Level-5: 16 October 2013 - 09:38 AM

#41 User is offline   Purplegodess 

• MAPS Director & Art and Publications Manager
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Administrator
  • Member No.: 5803

Posted 16 October 2013 - 09:51 AM

View PostLevel-5, on 16 October 2013 - 09:38 AM, said:

I told them Anime Midwest or Anime midwest central and they found it so I dunno >.>; Sorry.

Double check they got it right because anime midwest is a different convention.

Art and Publications Manager
Convention Officer:Secretary 2008-2014
M.A.P.S. Director
Artist Alley DH 2007-2008

Live like there is no tomorrow, and dream like you'll live forever...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

#42 User is offline   Level-5 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 16 October 2013 - 10:28 AM

View PostPurplegodess, on 16 October 2013 - 09:51 AM, said:

Double check they got it right because anime midwest is a different convention.

Nope It says "Anime central" and its around 210 USD per night. So I dunno :)

Still I wonder why I couldn't use my hilton honor points? It says that the ACen group has the whole hotel block reserved so you can't do that.

#43 User is offline   onemokona 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 64172

Posted 16 October 2013 - 11:45 AM

View PostLevel-5, on 14 October 2013 - 06:56 PM, said:

Embassy Suites from 2012

King Room Nonsmoking:
Single/Double: $164
Triple: $174
Quad: $184

2DB Basic Nonsmoking:
Single/Double: $185
Triple: $195
Quad: $205

I don't have 2011 but I do have 2010:

Standard King:
Single/Double Occupancy -- $149.00/night
Triple Occupancy -- $159.00/night
Quadruple Occupancy -- $169.00/night

Standard Double:
Single/Double Occupancy -- $169.00/night
Triple Occupancy -- $179.00/night
Quadruple Occupancy -- $189.00/night

This is from Facebook so I wanted to let you guys know:

Double tree and Embassy are opening 10am on hump day.

Thanks! It's crazy how much money conventions are! :P
This seems like a dumb question but I would rather just reassure myself that I know what I'm getting for the rooms:

With the king bed rooms, there is only one bed in the room despite 4 people staying in there right?
Also what types of beds are offered at the hyatt quadruple occupancy?

#44 User is offline   bondkira 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 3218

Posted 16 October 2013 - 11:59 AM

I tried to see the availability online, but it says rooms are not available on ACen days...
Rooms cannot be sold out already, has it???
Or should I call for reservation instead of online?

#45 User is offline   Purplegodess 

• PipPipPip

Posted 16 October 2013 - 12:06 PM

did you type in the group code? ACX

M.A.P.S. Director

#46 User is offline   Gabichox 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Member No.: 59269

Posted 16 October 2013 - 12:45 PM

Edit:
Never mind ignore this.
I was putting the code in "promotion" rather than "group". Sorry!

This post has been edited by Gabichox: 16 October 2013 - 12:49 PM

ACen 2015 cosplay;
[Thursday]Yamada Aoi - Working!!
[Friday] Diane - Nanatsu no Taizai
[Saturday] Saria - Zelda / Agnes Oblige - Bravely Default
------------------------------------
I make gams
I love Donald Duck. I am Donald Duck.

#47 User is offline   Level-5 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 16 October 2013 - 01:42 PM

View Postonemokona, on 16 October 2013 - 11:45 AM, said:

Thanks! It's crazy how much money conventions are! :P/>
This seems like a dumb question but I would rather just reassure myself that I know what I'm getting for the rooms:

With the king bed rooms, there is only one bed in the room despite 4 people staying in there right?
Also what types of beds are offered at the hyatt quadruple occupancy?

King size bed rooms have one bed as well as a pull out bed. All Embassy rooms to my knowledge are two room suites. So if you get a double it would be three beds to a room technically.

The beds at the Hyatt are studio like so its all in one room with a bathroom in the corner. I never had a quadruple occupancy but the last time I stayed there it was two beds and I was near the balcony (because I heard the people next door yelling out of the balcony drunk lol.) Not sure what the size of the beds but I believe they are King or twin size.

#48 User is offline   blackcat18 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 16853

Posted 16 October 2013 - 02:41 PM

i called on my break at 10:15 today (when i was finally able to get through) and told her it was the Anime central room block and didnt even have to tell the embassy rep the dates...she seemed like she had been taking several calls on it already XD
ACen 2015

Female Otoya Ittoki- 100% done
Leafeon ginjinka- 100% done
Kaoru Hitachin - 50% done (need jacket and tie yet...)

#49 User is offline   bondkira 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 3218

Posted 16 October 2013 - 08:10 PM

I was able to get the room online! I did not put the ACX in the right place... Oops lol
Thank you for the advise!!

#50 User is offline   AnimeGeek120 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 59499

Posted 16 October 2013 - 08:57 PM

So was it just me or was there like no warning on this? I didn't see any official announcements and really didn't see any mention of this (expect for a Facebook post from around 9PM last night.) I was able to get in at the Embassy(^_^), but I just would have liked more warning. I didn't have time to check the forums the last couple of days due to my schedule but even like a Facebook announcement a few days prior would have been nice.

#51 User is offline   Rinzle 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 62857

Posted 16 October 2013 - 10:42 PM

knowing that room blocks were going to start opening up i have been watching the forums and groups like a hawk. Im holding onto my crowne reservation for now for a friend in case they cant get into the hilton when that block opens. But i was lucky enough to get into the Embassy was probably one of the first 50 or so callers lol. But yea from what i noticed there has only really been one day warnings for room blocks which i can see frustrating a lot of people
ACen 2015 cosplays
Himino- Pretear - Plant~ Friday W/group
Summoner Yuna- Saturday

Past Cons
ACen 2014-Otakon 2013-Anime Midwest 2013-ACen 2013-Anime Milwaukee 2013-ACen 2011- No Brand Con 2008-
Past cosplays
Neo Queen Serenity V.1 & V.2-Usagi Tsukino School uniform-Yuna FFX-Princess Serenity-

#52 User is offline   Agatha 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 61511

Posted 17 October 2013 - 05:40 AM

View PostAnimeGeek120, on 16 October 2013 - 08:57 PM, said:

So was it just me or was there like no warning on this? I didn't see any official announcements and really didn't see any mention of this (expect for a Facebook post from around 9PM last night.) I was able to get in at the Embassy(^_^/>), but I just would have liked more warning. I didn't have time to check the forums the last couple of days due to my schedule but even like a Facebook announcement a few days prior would have been nice.

Agreeing with this. An announcement in the hotel forums (like used to be done) would have been helpful. I'm lucky, someone on tumblr mentioned it the night before, or I wouldn't have known. XD

#53 User is offline   rondo 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 9075

Posted 17 October 2013 - 07:42 AM

I don't quite understand why there is still trouble getting people internally on the same page and posting this info at the same time across all means available.

#54 User is offline   Purplegodess 

• PipPipPip

Posted 17 October 2013 - 09:48 AM

View PostAnimeGeek120, on 16 October 2013 - 08:57 PM, said:

So was it just me or was there like no warning on this? I didn't see any official announcements and really didn't see any mention of this (expect for a Facebook post from around 9PM last night.) I was able to get in at the Embassy(^_^/>/>), but I just would have liked more warning. I didn't have time to check the forums the last couple of days due to my schedule but even like a Facebook announcement a few days prior would have been nice.

It was posted one Facebook several Days prior and updated on the website with the open time. I would suggest following the official Facebook page for announcements if you don't already.

M.A.P.S. Director

#55 User is offline   Goldeneyeuro 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 58858

Posted 17 October 2013 - 07:24 PM

View PostLevel-5, on 16 October 2013 - 09:33 AM, said:

Question: Has anyone used Hilton honor points or Hyatt points for the hotels for free rooms? I tried and I couldn't do it because they said the room block was shut off from regular reservations :(/>

I don't think they'll let you do that since I think how it works is that the whole hotel is blocked off from anyone else outside of ACen and only reservable at a special rate and code. With loyalty points, I think how it works is that the hotel chain has to offer rooms at a regular rate and then make them available with points, and because of ACen's special rate, points redemption are disallowed. If there's a hotel that doesn't have a special ACen rate (like the Westin and Marriott down the street), they're available with loyalty points. Which reminds me- I saw that the Hilton next door to Embassy also has their rooms unavailable at a regular rate the dates of ACen- will that hotel have a special ACen rate as well?

I'm booking a hotel for Youmacon with loyalty points for the first time this year- getting a good return on my loyalty points- if there are nearby hotels which don't have a special con rate at whatever con you go to, it could be worth looking into assuming the redemption rate isn't too bad. But I'd assume that a con would at least get the closest hotels available for the con and work out a special rate... And also, I'm not sure how many anime fans play the hotel/frequent flyer points game...

But I saw the announcement only by randomly checking Facebook and also the website- I would have liked one message pushed out everywhere, all at the same time. I got in on the Embassy as well, thankfully, first time staying there and at an Embassy Suites ever, look fwd to it.
Never be average... - myself.
When life has no purpose, you're dead already. - Kiba from Wolf's Rain

Planned ACen 2K15 Cosplays:
Lavi (2nd outfit, revamped and possibly possessed)- D. Gray Man, Rei Ryugazaki (nightclub outfit)- Free!, Munakata Reisi- K, Light Yagami- Death Note

My Flickr- click for my photos

#56 User is offline   AnimeGeek120 

• Lurker
  • Pip

Posted 17 October 2013 - 10:25 PM

and that's what confused me. I'm following the official group on Facebook but looking through my feed I couldn't find it. And I do see where it was posted on the website, but could I suggest for next year it go out in like a newsletter e-mail? I know some people who don't have Facebook(and I know more and more people spending less and less time on it). I just feel it should be put in as many places as possible with as much warning as possible.

I just have the bad luck of having 10 hour days for four days so my time online is very limited and my internet choose this week to basically not work until late yesterday.(with brief times the other days.)

#57 User is offline   Rinzle 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 62857

Posted 17 October 2013 - 10:32 PM

View PostAnimeGeek120, on 17 October 2013 - 10:25 PM, said:

and that's what confused me. I'm following the official group on Facebook but looking through my feed I couldn't find it. And I do see where it was posted on the website, but could I suggest for next year it go out in like a newsletter e-mail? I know some people who don't have Facebook(and I know more and more people spending less and less time on it). I just feel it should be put in as many places as possible with as much warning as possible.

I just have the bad luck of having 10 hour days for four days so my time online is very limited and my internet choose this week to basically not work until late yesterday.(with brief times the other days.)

Someone had to re-post it in order for me to see it also... other than that i couldnt find the original post
ACen 2015 cosplays
Himino- Pretear - Plant~ Friday W/group
Summoner Yuna- Saturday

Past Cons
ACen 2014-Otakon 2013-Anime Midwest 2013-ACen 2013-Anime Milwaukee 2013-ACen 2011- No Brand Con 2008-
Past cosplays
Neo Queen Serenity V.1 & V.2-Usagi Tsukino School uniform-Yuna FFX-Princess Serenity-

#58 User is offline   JujuFox 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Member No.: 45794

Posted 18 October 2013 - 08:13 AM

View PostAnimeGeek120, on 17 October 2013 - 10:25 PM, said:

I don't think it was posted in the group, but it was posted on Oct 14th on their official page https://www.facebook.com/AnimeCentral
Attending since 2005 • Artist Alley '06, '11, '12, '13, '14, '15Check out my shop Geeky Cute Crochet on Etsy!

#59 User is offline   AnimeGeek120 

• Lurker
  • Pip

Posted 18 October 2013 - 09:37 AM

@ JujuFox. My bad, I did mean the official facebook page. I just thought it was weird that I didn't see the post for it cause I know I'm following the page and I remember seeing stuff about Got Soap and Pre-reg posted from there. For whatever reason, my news feed felt I didn't need to see this post I guess. :P

#60 User is offline   Level-5 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 18 October 2013 - 11:28 AM

View PostGoldeneyeuro, on 17 October 2013 - 07:24 PM, said:

I don't think they'll let you do that since I think how it works is that the whole hotel is blocked off from anyone else outside of ACen and only reservable at a special rate and code. With loyalty points, I think how it works is that the hotel chain has to offer rooms at a regular rate and then make them available with points, and because of ACen's special rate, points redemption are disallowed. If there's a hotel that doesn't have a special ACen rate (like the Westin and Marriott down the street), they're available with loyalty points. Which reminds me- I saw that the Hilton next door to Embassy also has their rooms unavailable at a regular rate the dates of ACen- will that hotel have a special ACen rate as well?

I'm booking a hotel for Youmacon with loyalty points for the first time this year- getting a good return on my loyalty points- if there are nearby hotels which don't have a special con rate at whatever con you go to, it could be worth looking into assuming the redemption rate isn't too bad. But I'd assume that a con would at least get the closest hotels available for the con and work out a special rate... And also, I'm not sure how many anime fans play the hotel/frequent flyer points game...

But I saw the announcement only by randomly checking Facebook and also the website- I would have liked one message pushed out everywhere, all at the same time. I got in on the Embassy as well, thankfully, first time staying there and at an Embassy Suites ever, look fwd to it.

Thank you so much.

I was curious because I had a friend who claimed he used Hyatt points to get the whole Anime central weekend for free and I was wondering how in the world did he do that if the room was blocked off?

The Embassy isn't bad. It had mixed reviews like any hotel.

Pros-Microwave, big rooms, breakfast, happy hour bar and drinks, good beds, tons of space. Staff can hold items and is very helpful. A staff member actually helped me with a tie one time.

Cons-Some members reported staff of the Embassy being rude/snobbish/giving out wrong information but from what I seen in the threads it could had been miscommunication or a judgement of error on the person's fault. I personally never had issues with the staff.

Semi-con? You have to walk to the convention center a bit and its not at the action as the Hyatt and it kinda gets crowded when you first check in and when you leave but otherwise its ok.

This post has been edited by Level-5: 18 October 2013 - 11:30 AM

• 4 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users