Anime Central Forums: Other room blocks - will there be an announcement beforehand? - Anime Central Forums

• 4 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Other room blocks - will there be an announcement beforehand?

#1 User is offline   Agatha 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 61511

Posted 25 June 2013 - 01:19 PM

Like a lot of people, I was really surprised to see the Hyatt room block open already! Will there be any announcement made before room blocks in other hotels open, like was done previously?

#2 User is offline   STVO 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 60452

Posted 26 June 2013 - 11:34 AM

While I'm happy I got a room at Hyatt and I was fortunate because I'm on the FB page a lot, I think a formal announcement would have been better. I'm sure for the next batch of hotels they'll officially announce it.
STVO: Facebook ACen Regular, 2013 Hellfire Challenge Champ!
Visit my Site STVO Universe
Fan on Facebook, Follow on Twitter, Subscribe on YouTube
Tentative ACen 2014 Cosplays Plans:
1 or 2 New Cosplays Based on Budget! Top Idea: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Theme. Also Want A New WWE Costume, and Returning 1 or 2 Classic Cosplays Based on Budget and What Others Do/Want.*

*CARD SUBJECT TO CHANGE

#3 User is offline   GITS SAC Motoko 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 19048

Posted 26 June 2013 - 03:21 PM

View PostSTVO, on 26 June 2013 - 11:34 AM, said:

While I'm happy I got a room at Hyatt and I was fortunate because I'm on the FB page a lot, I think a formal announcement would have been better. I'm sure for the next batch of hotels they'll officially announce it.

agreed. I was expecting the whole "EXTRA EXTRA! Hotels are open!!!!!" It was weird and secretive this year O_o...
Motoko Kusanagi is mah womanz. ;3 HEEEEYYYY SEXY MOTOKO OP OP OP OPPAN MOTOKO STYLE
Cosplay for ACen 2013: Major Motoko Kusanagi--Ghost in the Shell S.A.C. 2nd GIG, Lucy--Elfen Lied, episode 1 "outfit' ;3 and perhaps an additional. Maaaaaybe :3
Cosplay for ACen 2010, 2011, 2012: Major Motoko Kusanagi--Ghost in the Shell: S.A.C. 2nd GIG

#4 User is offline   MsLovelyCookie 

• Registration Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: ACen Staff
  • Member No.: 57517

Posted 26 June 2013 - 05:01 PM

View PostGITS SAC Motoko, on 26 June 2013 - 03:21 PM, said:

agreed. I was expecting the whole "EXTRA EXTRA! Hotels are open!!!!!" It was weird and secretive this year O_o...

What if it's an early bird special? Just for those loyal customers.
I'm Just A Girl In The World
Take A Good Look At Me
Just Your Typical Prototype...

Registration Staff: 2012-2014

#5 User is offline   STVO 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip

Posted 26 June 2013 - 06:54 PM

View PostGITS SAC Motoko, on 26 June 2013 - 03:21 PM, said:

The person who posted on the FB group I asked him the routine of "Are you sure" and tagged an ACen staff member to verify, she tagged the hotel guy and then whammo.... Hyatt Rooms were "officially announced".

I spreaded the word to try and help some friends because I know many who stay at Hyatt and I reserved myself for friends sakes as well. There may be a tiny possibility I'll give my room to a friend and try Embassy, I'm tempted to stay year 10 of 11
At Hyatt and take the parking spot.

View PostMsLovelyCookie, on 26 June 2013 - 05:01 PM, said:

What if it's an early bird special? Just for those loyal customers.

I thought of that as a possibility but honestly if you're in the FB group and read the post, it came off more as a scenario of:

Staff Member A: No, rooms don't open until September. That's how it's always been, stay tuned for an announcement.

Staff Member B: Actually, they are open and have been since May 19th.... Guess I should have reviewed that with you all. Oops.

No offense to staff reading, but that's what it came off as. Maybe there was only slight miscommunication, IDK, oh well not a huge deal.

ANYWAY. One guy did mention he thought he heard that rooms opened during the Closing Ceremonies on ACen Sunday. If this is the case of when they make official announcements, I recommend they go this route. I don't know if they can make multiple announcements or not, but to have exclusive stuff like "One person can win a badge to ACen next year here," "hotel booking as officially opened and you all get first dibs," or "as of today, we have contacted (insert guest) for ACen next year!!!" Stuff like that, bombshell announcements, that stuff would encourage more people to go to opening and/or closing ceremonies. But maybe I went a little off topic here. XD
1 or 2 New Cosplays Based on Budget! Top Idea: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Theme. Also Want A New WWE Costume, and Returning 1 or 2 Classic Cosplays Based on Budget and What Others Do/Want.*

*CARD SUBJECT TO CHANGE

#6 User is offline   Asha H 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 62724

Posted 26 June 2013 - 09:03 PM

View PostSTVO, on 26 June 2013 - 11:34 AM, said:

Hello, sorry to ask this but I wondering if (since you said you've stayed at the Hyatt before) the rave is held there? Does it get too loud for you to sleep? I just really want to get a room but don't want to be up all night listening to music because I'm a light sleeper. Thanks!
2013 ACen Cosplay

Midna from Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
Total Progress: 50% Complete *updated 1-09-12

[X] Helmet
[ ] Bodysuit
[X] Makeup

#7 User is offline   STVO 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip

Posted 26 June 2013 - 10:06 PM

View PostAsha H, on 26 June 2013 - 09:03 PM, said:

Hello, sorry to ask this but I wondering if (since you said you've stayed at the Hyatt before) the rave is held there? Does it get too loud for you to sleep? I just really want to get a room but don't want to be up all night listening to music because I'm a light sleeper. Thanks!

Hello Asha,

Yes the rave is held there but I honestly never have nor have my roommates ever have trouble sleeping due to the rave. The Hyatt is a HUGE hotel, the rave is the opposite ends of the room.

The only problem you "might" run into is noisy neighbors or people running outside the halls. While I'll admit I'm a night owl at the con, I personally don't think it's impossible to sleep in the Hyatt however others have said it is lol.

Hyatt brings you in the center of all action, doesn't offer much extra but is very handy in going to places. If you want more amenities or a Lower price, I'd check neighboring hotels.

*CARD SUBJECT TO CHANGE

#8 User is offline   KungPowKirby 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Addict
  • Member No.: 53583

Posted 26 June 2013 - 10:10 PM

The rave is on the bottom floor of the Hyatt in the grand ballroom- its not connected to the rooms in anyway- so you can not hear the noise from it. HOWEVER Hyatt is noisy because of the way its built, and its also the main convention hotel. I've never had a problem sleeping - however I'm in no way a light sleeper. If you need a quiet sleeping space though, I'd recommend not staying in the Hyatt. I cant speak about the other hotels though.
I love my ACen family! Whether or not I return next year- please know I love you all! Until we meet again!

"If this body is not capable of action, I suggest new leadership is needed. I move for a vote of no confidence in Chancellor Valorum's leadership."- Queen Amidala; Star Wars: Phantom Menace

#9 User is offline   Genichiro 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 61483

Posted 27 June 2013 - 04:07 AM

I've never had problems with sleeping at the Hyatt. If you're up high enough, you're not really going to hear much of what's going on at the lower levels.

#10 User is offline   garefowl 

• Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 17858

Posted 27 June 2013 - 12:52 PM

Like others have already mentioned, the rave is a good distance away from where the hotel rooms are stationed, so it's unlikely that you'll have any problems with hearing the rave during the night. To be honest, you don't actually hear the rave until you're a good several feet away from the ballroom itself--I've never experienced hearing it while roaming the lobbies at night, for instance. However, that isn't to say you won't hear anything from within your room. If you're unfortunate enough to be placed near rowdy neighbors, a room party, or even inconsiderate people in the halls, you'll have some noise. That's just a gamble you'll have to be willing to take. In all the ten years I've spent at the Hyatt, there's only been less than a handful of times that I had noise problems, so don't worry too much. Of course, if your room is placed right in the middle of the hotel (not any of the wings), there is a chance you'll get some white-noise sounding type of feedback from the crowds rumbling in the lobbies below, but I've never found it to be intolerable.

With all that said, please use your best judgment! If you're really worried about noise levels and being a light sleeper, then perhaps you should look into staying in one of the hotels known for being quieter. Good luck. :0:

EDIT: Also, one of my roommates found that the Hyatt had provided us with a pair of earplugs inside our room. I don't know if they would be helpful in your situation or not, so I figured I'd mention it!

This post has been edited by garefowl: 27 June 2013 - 12:55 PM

the manly dot
ANIME CENTRAL 2K14 COSPLAY
Taiga Aisaka (Toradora)
Satone Shichimiya (Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai! Season 2)

#11 User is offline   MOMO2 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 49830

Posted 27 June 2013 - 01:47 PM

I stayed there for the first time this year and I did not here anything but people and it was not that bad. But I did not sleep for a few days also....=)
The only thing to fear is yourself.

#12 User is offline   MsLovelyCookie 

• Registration Staff
  • PipPipPip

Posted 27 June 2013 - 02:53 PM

I'm a light sleeper as well and my 1st year at the Hyatt. Just like everyone said you can't hear the rave unless you are near the location, voices echo when your in the hall to the elevators but in your room it's quite unless you have party animals as neighbors.
Take A Good Look At Me

#13 User is offline   JujuFox 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Member No.: 45794

Posted 28 June 2013 - 11:11 AM

I'm an extremely light sleeper, and we are always on the lobby level, so I do wear earplugs. It's just because of lobby traffic noise and the stairwell door slamming shut at all hours. Oh and the constant airplanes flying to and from O'Hare.
Attending since 2005 ~ Artist Alley '06, '11, '12, '13, & '14

Cosplays 2014: Friday: Ness(female version) Saturday: Chell Sunday: Myself
Cosplays 2013: Friday: Major Motoko Kusanagi(picture) Saturday: Chell(picture) Sunday: Ness(picture)

Check out my shop Geeky Cute Crochet on Etsy!

#14 User is offline   edsgal1013 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 64150

Posted 06 October 2013 - 11:51 PM

The rumor I keep hearing about the other hotel room blocks is that they'll open around the same time as last year, but can anyone tell me about what time they opened up last year. I've never been to ACen and my group really wants to stay at one of the neighboring hotels.
Thanks!
ACen 2014
Friday: Seong-Mina (Soul Calibur): 100%
Saturday: Azmaria (Chrono Crusade): 95%
Sunday: ?

#15 User is offline   magishine 

• Tenkuu Yuusha
  • PipPipPip
  • Member No.: 21997

Posted 07 October 2013 - 09:29 AM

They opened in October last year. Make sure you join the official Anime Central group on Facebook is something I would suggest. They will announce the opening date for the room blocks on all social media outlets they use (Facebook, Twitter, and here on the forums) It has already been said they will have an announcement soon so keep your eyes here and on Facebook for the latest info
uchu kitaaaaaa!!!!

Cosplays for ACen 2015 and progress made:

Not attending ACen in 2015. Sorry. Maybe 2016

#16 User is offline   edsgal1013 

• Pip

Posted 07 October 2013 - 01:03 PM

View Postmagishine, on 07 October 2013 - 09:29 AM, said:

They opened in October last year. Make sure you join the official Anime Central group on Facebook is something I would suggest. They will announce the opening date for the room blocks on all social media outlets they use (Facebook, Twitter, and here on the forums) It has already been said they will have an announcement soon so keep your eyes here and on Facebook for the latest info

Already joined the one on facebook :) Thanks! I will continue to check :)
ACen 2014

#17 User is offline   AnimeGeek120 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 59499

Posted 08 October 2013 - 06:03 PM

They just posted on the Facebook group that the Crown Plaza block is going to open tomorrow at 10 am. I had friends who stayed there and liked it but I'm going to wait for the Embassy Suites.

#18 User is offline   edsgal1013 

• Pip

Posted 08 October 2013 - 06:50 PM

Are all of the room block hotels the same price?
ACen 2014

#19 User is offline   MsLovelyCookie 

• Registration Staff
  • PipPipPip

Posted 08 October 2013 - 07:51 PM

View Postedsgal1013, on 08 October 2013 - 06:50 PM, said:

Are all of the room block hotels the same price?

From what I remember in all my years of looking and comparing prices when booking with friends. Each price is different for each hotel, all depending on location from the convention and what perks it comes with. For example: Embassy, for the fridge and breakfast, will cost more than the Hyatt, the center of the action.

This post has been edited by MsLovelyCookie: 08 October 2013 - 07:57 PM

Take A Good Look At Me

#20 User is offline   edsgal1013 

• Pip

Posted 08 October 2013 - 08:52 PM

View PostMsLovelyCookie, on 08 October 2013 - 07:51 PM, said:

From what I remember in all my years of looking and comparing prices when booking with friends. Each price is different for each hotel, all depending on location from the convention and what perks it comes with. For example: Embassy, for the fridge and breakfast, will cost more than the Hyatt, the center of the action.

Well right now the price for the Hyatt and Crowne are the same price, so I was just wondering if Embassy and DoubleTree will also be 178 or if they are more expensive or cheaper.
ACen 2014

#21 User is offline   KungPowKirby 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip
  • Member No.: 53583

Posted 08 October 2013 - 09:05 PM

View Postedsgal1013, on 08 October 2013 - 08:52 PM, said:

Well right now the price for the Hyatt and Crowne are the same price, so I was just wondering if Embassy and DoubleTree will also be 178 or if they are more expensive or cheaper.

Embassy will be more expensive.
I love my ACen family! Whether or not I return next year- please know I love you all! Until we meet again!

"If this body is not capable of action, I suggest new leadership is needed. I move for a vote of no confidence in Chancellor Valorum's leadership."- Queen Amidala; Star Wars: Phantom Menace

#22 User is offline   isbichan 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 63620

Posted 08 October 2013 - 09:50 PM

I heard that both Embassy and Doubletree have free breakfast. Is that true, and if so, which of the 2 hotels do most of you prefer?

#23 User is offline   Rinzle 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 62857

Posted 08 October 2013 - 10:14 PM

to me id rather stay at the crowne,embassy, doubletree or hyatt. Hyatts full except for maybe a king room so thats out. Im booking with the crowne at this point of the three in my group the one doesnt even care where we stay as long as we have a double room. I hear the hilton is decent except they have a nasty bottlenecking issue with the elevator in the hamster tubes, and then limited elevators in the actual hotel. I do want to see the prices for the other hotels. If anyone stayed at either the embassy or doubletree last year what were the nightly rates last year?(knowing that the rates will go up this year)
ACen 2014 cosplays
Entire Weekend I will either be in Neo queen serenity or Princess serenity
Past Cons
Otakon 2013-Anime Midwest 2013-ACen 2013-Anime Milwaukee 2013-ACen 2011- No Brand Con 2008-
Past cosplays
Neo Queen Serenity v.1-Usagi Tsukino School uniform-Yuna FFX-Princess Serenity-

#24 User is offline   edsgal1013 

• Pip

Posted 08 October 2013 - 10:34 PM

View PostKungPowKirby, on 08 October 2013 - 09:05 PM, said:

Embassy will be more expensive.

That prly means my group will either be staying at Crowne or DoubleTree. So if anyone has any idea how much DoubleTree might be, then please share :)
ACen 2014

#25 User is offline   Goldeneyeuro 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 58858

Posted 10 October 2013 - 07:06 PM

Actually, last year, the 3 Hilton hotels (When I say Hilton hotels, I mean Hilton, Embassy Suites, and Doubletree since they're all under the Hilton umbrella of brands) rates last year were significantly less than the Crowne Plaza, $133-$140/night versus $175/night. I booked late last year since I didn't find out my friends hadn't booked the hotel until the rooms at the 3 Hilton hotels and Hyatt were all gone (I settled on the Aloft for $149/night for my friends but I stayed at the Hilton for most of the time). I had assumed that the Crowne Plaza rooms would be more expensive this year than the rooms at the 3 Hilton hotels so I decided to wait for the block of rooms at the 3 Hilton hotels to open up before booking.

For the 3 years I stayed at the Hilton, I only used the tunnel to the convention center in 2011 when it rained- it's inconvenient since you have to go down to the ground level on the main elevator and then have to go up to the 2nd floor on another elevator to access the tunnel. I just found it more convenient to go outside through the main doors and to access the Hyatt or convention center. It's a good hotel- breakfast isn't free but I don't think it sells out as quickly as Embassy Suites. Just try to avoid a corner room since the 2nd year I stayed there, I could hear the jets taking off from O'Hare due to more window exposure.

As for free breakfast, I know Embassy Suites has it (it's a selling point of all Embassy Suites hotels in general), but I didn't know Doubletree had it. I stayed at a Doubletree for another con but breakfast was not included in the room rate.

I'd like to ask- anyone know if there will be a special rate for the Hilton itself (not the Embassy Suites or Doubletree, the Hilton only)?
Never be average... - myself.
When life has no purpose, you're dead already. - Kiba from Wolf's Rain

Planned ACen 2K14 Cosplays:
Lavi (2nd outfit)- D. Gray Man, Lio Izumi- Full Moon wo Sagashite, Rei Ryugazaki (nightclub outfit)- Free!, Kamui Gakupo (Fate/Rebirth outfit)- Vocaloid

My Flickr- click for my photos

#26 User is offline   Femme Fatale 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 7220

Posted 13 October 2013 - 04:39 PM

View Postisbichan, on 08 October 2013 - 09:50 PM, said:

I heard that both Embassy and Doubletree have free breakfast. Is that true, and if so, which of the 2 hotels do most of you prefer?

Embassy offers free breakfast. Me personally, I love the Embassy. Me, my sis, and our friends have been staying there for 6 ACen's. We'll be back there next year. Besides the free breakfast, there's happy hour with drinks and snacks, and nice spacious rooms that include a fridge and microwave.
Excel's Big Sis

Coming Soon to ACen 2015

Sailor Mars (Sailor Moon) and Celestia Ludenberg (Dangan Ronpa) Friday and Saturday

#27 User is offline   onemokona 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 64172

Posted 13 October 2013 - 05:17 PM

View PostFemme Fatale, on 13 October 2013 - 04:39 PM, said:

Embassy offers free breakfast. Me personally, I love the Embassy. Me, my sis, and our friends have been staying there for 6 ACen's. We'll be back there next year. Besides the free breakfast, there's happy hour with drinks and snacks, and nice spacious rooms that include a fridge and microwave.

So how much was the Embassy in the previous years?

#28 User is offline   isbichan 

• Pip

Posted 14 October 2013 - 12:21 AM

View PostFemme Fatale, on 13 October 2013 - 04:39 PM, said:

Thanks, that's where we're going to stay then. Now for the hard part, waiting for the block to open. :yawn:/>

#29 User is offline   Level-5 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Bigfoot
  • Member No.: 62879

Posted 14 October 2013 - 06:56 PM

View Postonemokona, on 13 October 2013 - 05:17 PM, said:

So how much was the Embassy in the previous years?

Embassy Suites from 2012

King Room Nonsmoking:
Single/Double: $164
Triple: $174
Quad: $184

2DB Basic Nonsmoking:
Single/Double: $185
Triple: $195
Quad: $205

I don't have 2011 but I do have 2010:

Standard King:
Single/Double Occupancy -- $149.00/night
Triple Occupancy -- $159.00/night
Quadruple Occupancy -- $169.00/night

Standard Double:
Single/Double Occupancy -- $169.00/night
Triple Occupancy -- $179.00/night
Quadruple Occupancy -- $189.00/night

This is from Facebook so I wanted to let you guys know:

Double tree and Embassy are opening 10am on hump day.

#30 User is offline   isbichan 

• Pip

Posted 16 October 2013 - 09:08 AM

As of 10:05 they're saying that the room block has not been released, and I was told that they don't take reservations 6 months in advance. The rep suggested calling back in a few days.

Sic 'em, Falco.

• 4 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users