Anime Central Forums: Hyatt room blocks for 2014 already open? - Anime Central Forums

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Hyatt room blocks for 2014 already open?

#31 User is offline   STVO 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 60452

Posted 01 July 2013 - 10:37 AM

View Postrondo, on 01 July 2013 - 10:10 AM, said:

So the Hyatt is already booking...will other hotels have similar, earlier-than-usual dates for booking windows?

From what I remember on the Facebook post IIRC is the person who said the Hyatt was open was saying Embassy and a few others would open at their usual dates. You never know though. While I'm Happy I reserved my place at Hyatt and helped friends get their rooms, a more formal announcement would be better than somebody not with staff announcing they're open leading to "Oh yeah, they're open we just forgot to announce it."

This post has been edited by STVO: 01 July 2013 - 03:12 PM

STVO: Facebook ACen Regular, 2013 Hellfire Challenge Champ!
Visit my Site STVO Universe
Fan on Facebook, Follow on Twitter, Subscribe on YouTube
Tentative ACen 2014 Cosplays Plans:
1 or 2 New Cosplays Based on Budget! Top Idea: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Theme. Also Want A New WWE Costume, and Returning 1 or 2 Classic Cosplays Based on Budget and What Others Do/Want.*

*CARD SUBJECT TO CHANGE

#32 User is offline   rondo 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 9075

Posted 01 July 2013 - 12:20 PM

View PostSTVO, on 01 July 2013 - 10:37 AM, said:

From what I remember on the Facebook post IIRC is the person who said the Hyatt was open was saying Embassy and a few others would open at their usual dates. You never know though. While I'm Happy I reserved my place at Hyatt and helped friends get their rooms, a more formal announcement than somebody not with staff announcing they're open leading to "Oh yeah, they're open we just forgot to announce it."

I'll give them a pass this time..as this is quite unusual for this particular con from my years of experience.

#33 User is offline   feuerwerke 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 63062

Posted 02 July 2013 - 11:11 AM

Yeah, ACen, I'm um. Pretty disappointed that this wasn't announced properly. The room block opening is a big deal, after all. Also why are next year's dates so hidden? This is kind of a bad start imo.
ACen 2014 cosplays
  • Junko Enoshima

#34 User is offline   STVO 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Member No.: 60452

Posted 03 July 2013 - 10:31 PM

View Postfeuerwerke, on 02 July 2013 - 11:11 AM, said:

Yeah, ACen, I'm um. Pretty disappointed that this wasn't announced properly. The room block opening is a big deal, after all. Also why are next year's dates so hidden? This is kind of a bad start imo.

I'm sorry, a little lost here. What dates are hidden? The con itself or the hotel dates availability dates?
STVO: Facebook ACen Regular, 2013 Hellfire Challenge Champ!
Visit my Site STVO Universe
Fan on Facebook, Follow on Twitter, Subscribe on YouTube
Tentative ACen 2014 Cosplays Plans:
1 or 2 New Cosplays Based on Budget! Top Idea: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Theme. Also Want A New WWE Costume, and Returning 1 or 2 Classic Cosplays Based on Budget and What Others Do/Want.*

*CARD SUBJECT TO CHANGE

#35 User is offline   MsLovelyCookie 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 57517

Posted 04 July 2013 - 09:09 AM

View Postfeuerwerke, on 02 July 2013 - 11:11 AM, said:

View PostSTVO, on 03 July 2013 - 10:31 PM, said:

I'm sorry, a little lost here. What dates are hidden? The con itself or the hotel dates availability dates?

I'm lost too! Are you talking about the dates when you book the hotel? My friend was confused on why there were no dates as well when booking the hotel. Just click on the calender next to the empty box and the May 2014 calender pops up with the dates with the ACen rate. Or ACen's dates for next year?
I'm Just A Girl In The World
Take A Good Look At Me
Just Your Typical Prototype...

Registration Staff: 2012-2014

#36 User is offline   Agatha 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 61511

Posted 04 July 2013 - 07:44 PM

I'm not the original poster, but it may be about the 2014 dates - the header on the ACen site hasn't updated yet, so it's still showing 2013's dates. I can see how it would be confusing that the hotel is open when the website doesn't seem to have switched over to next year yet.

#37 User is offline   DarkBebi 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Bigfoot
  • Member No.: 58893

Posted 04 July 2013 - 10:44 PM

I got hilton for 119 a day, and that is for 2 beds, just saying
Acen 2013 Cosplay

League of Legends

[*]Head Hunter Master Yi [0% Complete]
[*]Darkforge Jarvan IV [0% Complete]

"Some men just want to watch the world burn"

#38 User is offline   MeliTza 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 60320

Posted 08 July 2013 - 05:19 PM

View PostDarkBebi, on 04 July 2013 - 10:44 PM, said:

I got hilton for 119 a day, and that is for 2 beds, just saying

For $119 a night for 2014? I'm checking their rates online and for (4) ppl it's giving me a nightly rate of $239. What gives? -_-

Hellsing: Behind the Blood
Hellsing Hentai After Dark
How to Con, Corral & Convert your friends into a Steampunk Crew
Anime Captions Against Humanity

#39 User is offline   DarkBebi 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 58893

Posted 09 July 2013 - 10:52 AM

View PostMeliTza, on 08 July 2013 - 05:19 PM, said:

For $119 a night for 2014? I'm checking their rates online and for (4) ppl it's giving me a nightly rate of $239. What gives? -_-/>

Well I guess I did put 2 people down, and yes 119 for fri and sat, and 189 for the 15th because I love going on thursday and what not. I just checked their website and their cheapest rate is 189 right now, it is amazing how they can jack the prices up
Acen 2013 Cosplay

League of Legends

[*]Head Hunter Master Yi [0% Complete]
[*]Darkforge Jarvan IV [0% Complete]

"Some men just want to watch the world burn"

#40 User is offline   Evangelion_Unit_01 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Member No.: 26693

Posted 09 July 2013 - 11:35 AM

View PostDarkBebi, on 09 July 2013 - 10:52 AM, said:

Well I guess I did put 2 people down, and yes 119 for fri and sat, and 189 for the 15th because I love going on thursday and what not. I just checked their website and their cheapest rate is 189 right now, it is amazing how they can jack the prices up

Yea it "IS" amazing....the first year I went to ACen the hotel cost us $300 for the weekend. Shits crazy

This post has been edited by Evangelion_Unit_01: 09 July 2013 - 11:35 AM

Cosplay Building Begins For 2015!
ACen 2015 Cosplay's
-Kirito (Sword Art Online) 20% Complete
-Toshiro Hitsugaya (Bleach) 100% Complete
-Garrus Vakarian (Mass Effect 3 Version) 0% Complete

#41 User is offline   feuerwerke 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 11 July 2013 - 08:42 AM

Sorry for the confusion, I mean the 2014 con dates. I had to dig around and find them on animecons.com, which is kind of ridiculous honestly. It's July. They should be somewhere on the front page.
ACen 2014 cosplays
  • Junko Enoshima

#42 User is offline   fooby 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 59646

Posted 11 July 2013 - 08:58 AM

They are on the front page http://www.ACen.org/...me-central-2013, printed on the back of the last "page" (not cover) of this year's program and another location I don't want to hunt up right now on the forum.

This post has been edited by fooby: 11 July 2013 - 08:59 AM

Zeeky Boogy Doog!

#43 User is offline   Santa Finland 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 59766

Posted 11 July 2013 - 03:03 PM

Just made my reservation. I'm happy to finally be at the Hyatt as all the events were held there last time.
ACen 2014 Cosplays:
flapper!fem!America (Hetalia - Original design)
maid!Nitori (Free! Iwatobi Swim Club)
Annie Leonhardt (Attack on Titan)
Lara Croft (Tomb Raider 2013)

#44 User is offline   feuerwerke 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 11 July 2013 - 11:18 PM

View Postfooby, on 11 July 2013 - 08:58 AM, said:

They are on the front page http://www.ACen.org/...me-central-2013, printed on the back of the last "page" (not cover) of this year's program and another location I don't want to hunt up right now on the forum.

Tiny text, not even bolded, though I do stand corrected re; front page. I shouldn't have to dig up this past year's con guide to look them up, nor should I have to dig through the forums. The dates should be better publicized.
ACen 2014 cosplays
  • Junko Enoshima

#45 User is offline   Dark Spellmaster 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 24895

Posted 12 July 2013 - 05:05 PM

Sweet just booked mine! So excited already
~@~ Delightfully Playing: Prima-Vocaloid 0%, Mew-Two 80%, Muppeters -100% -2014 ~@~
~*@*~ 2013:The Riddler, Muppeters, Mew-Two 2012: The Riddler, Shadow Fairy 2011: Rinslet from Black Cat, Carmen Sandiego,Wanda from Fairly Odd Parents. 2010: Younger Walter, Carmen Sandiego. 2009: Goku from Saiyuki~*@*~

DEVIL MAY CRY SAGA PANEL 2013

Pardon the Pause is a Podcast that focuses on Geek culture:
Pardon the Pause

#46 User is offline   Sayuri-chan 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Addict
  • Member No.: 3228

Posted 07 August 2013 - 06:19 PM

Got mine as well. Was freaking out a bit when I found out the Hyatt block was already open. They're out of doubles w/o balcony for the whole weekend. (They have Thur & Fri, but not Sat night). Seems like they're also out of doubles w/balcony for Sat as well. I shouldn't be surprised...they sell out fast every year...
♥ ACen REG STAFF: 2005-2008 ♥
♥ Persona owns my soul. Proud to be a member of the UYFA! Proud Supporter of the I.R.T.!
"The Chumps" are back to entertain and amuse. Come join us Friday, in Panel Room 4 from 12:30-2:45pm, and Saturday/Sunday in Panel Room 12, from 12:45-3:15a.
Cosplay for 2014 ACen:|Skull Kid--LOZ: Majora's Mask/0% complete|||Genkai-Yuu Yuu Hakusho/100% complete|||Sir Integra Fairbrook Wingates Hellsing-Hellsing Ultimate Abridged Ver./75% complete
Current quote: "Costumes, I need to do that still...Costumes, I need to do that still...Costumes, I need to do that still..."
Current blurb: はい、少し日本語を話します。たのしすぎる! ♪♫♪♫音楽が大好き!♪♫♪♫

#47 User is offline   Ashori 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Addict
  • Member No.: 10991

Posted 07 August 2013 - 08:57 PM

Just reserved a room for my boyfriend and I. :) Our first A-Cen as a couple, since we got together shortly after A-Cen 2012. And it's the weekend after our anniversary, so it's the perfect getaway weekend.
Cosplay Status: Maya Kitajima - Bianca Mask (Pirate Form - 100%; Glass Mask), Lucy Heartfilia (2%; Fairy Tail), Castle of Hearts Alice Liddell (100%; Kuni no Alice series)
My dA | My YouTube Page | My FF.Net Page

#48 User is offline   CrimsonAnime 

• Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Obsessed
  • Member No.: 18090

Posted 10 August 2013 - 12:11 AM

Lools like the Hyatt is going to be sold out by the time badges come out. Guess I should start looking for a secondary place.
A-Cen 2014 Cosplay (links are of me): Angewomon (Digimon) / Sailor Luna (Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon) / Hikaru (Angelic Layer) /
CURRENTLY SELLING ANIME/MANGA/WALLSCROLLS! PM FOR MORE INFORMATION!
(PHOTOS)A-cen 2013: Pocahontas //// Raven (Teen Titans TV Series)
(PHOTOS)A-cen 2011:Edward Elric //// Anthy (Rose Bride) //// Yoruichi(Shinigami Form) //// Diva(Final Battle)
(PHOTOS)A-cen 2010:Yoruichi(Shinigami Form) //// Saya (Vietnam/Crazy Form) //// Sailor Pluto //// Anthy (Rose Bride)
(PHOTOS)A-cen 2009:Diva(Final Battle) //// Sailor Pluto //// Edward Elric
The Official "Forum Kitten", A Rini Fangirl, TekoMuto fan

#49 User is offline   isbichan 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 63620

Posted 10 August 2013 - 12:38 AM

View PostCrimsonAnime, on 10 August 2013 - 12:11 AM, said:

Lools like the Hyatt is going to be sold out by the time badges come out. Guess I should start looking for a secondary place.

I've already tried the Embassy. They say there no rooms available for that weekend. I'm hoping that means they're holding them for the con to release.

Can anyone who's stayed there before tell me if there's enough space in the bedrooms for a crib, or would that have to stay out in the living room?

#50 User is offline   blackcat18 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 16853

Posted 11 August 2013 - 01:28 PM

View Postisbichan, on 10 August 2013 - 12:38 AM, said:

I've already tried the Embassy. They say there no rooms available for that weekend. I'm hoping that means they're holding them for the con to release.

Can anyone who's stayed there before tell me if there's enough space in the bedrooms for a crib, or would that have to stay out in the living room?

the sleeping space was kinda small if i remember right...the living room area was pretty big though...and yeah it will say "no rooms" til the block opens. the year i booked it alone i had to call the day they were supposed to open so the booking lady could work around the block on booking (i jumped the gun out of eagerness and the rooms were open for online booking the next day no problems)
ACen 2015

Female Otoya Ittoki- 100% done
Leafeon ginjinka- 100% done
Kaoru Hitachin - 50% done (need jacket and tie yet...)

#51 User is offline   Purplegodess 

• MAPS Director & Art and Publications Manager
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Administrator
  • Member No.: 5803

Posted 11 August 2013 - 05:29 PM

The other hotels when ready to be opened will be announced in several places, we are sorry for the confusion of the Hyatt opening so early. Like last year when hotels are posted we will mark them on the website as sold out. Thanks for your patience :).

Art and Publications Manager
Convention Officer:Secretary 2008-2014
M.A.P.S. Director
Artist Alley DH 2007-2008

Live like there is no tomorrow, and dream like you'll live forever...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

#52 User is offline   randy r 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 523

Posted 15 August 2013 - 08:11 AM

View PostSnow_Storm, on 25 June 2013 - 12:11 PM, said:

Already booked for the Hyatt but I'm gonna wait until the others open up and see what's their prices and perks are. Apparently the people at the Embassy are real douchemonkys and are know to yell and bully the cosplayers and attendants, so screw them.

I have never had ANY problems with the Embassy staff. As long as you don't act like a total a-hole, they are great.
randy

What, me worry?- Alfred E. Newman

#53 User is offline   randy r 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 523

Posted 15 August 2013 - 08:18 AM

View Postisbichan, on 10 August 2013 - 12:38 AM, said:

Yeah, the Embassy will basically block out the whole hotel for ACen. Once they work out the details with ACen, they will open the rooms up.

If the room is one of the double bed rooms, it could be tight. If it is one of the rooms with the king size bed, there is really a lot of room. We were able to put two twin size air mattresses in the bedroom as well as the king size bed. It will really depend upon how big the crib is.
randy

What, me worry?- Alfred E. Newman

#54 User is offline   Taka 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 11370

Posted 17 August 2013 - 08:01 PM

Does anyone know if you can cancel a Hyatt reservation up to a certain date? And if so, anyone know what that date is?

#55 User is offline   JujuFox 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Member No.: 45794

Posted 17 August 2013 - 08:09 PM

View PostTaka, on 17 August 2013 - 08:01 PM, said:

Does anyone know if you can cancel a Hyatt reservation up to a certain date? And if so, anyone know what that date is?

I don't remember the exact date, but sometime in April they take out a deposit for the room you booked. You would have to cancel before then if you don't want to lose any money.
Attending since 2005 ~ Artist Alley '06, '11, '12, '13, & '14

Cosplays 2014: Friday: Ness(female version) Saturday: Chell Sunday: Myself
Cosplays 2013: Friday: Major Motoko Kusanagi(picture) Saturday: Chell(picture) Sunday: Ness(picture)

Check out my shop Geeky Cute Crochet on Etsy!

#56 User is offline   blackcat18 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 16853

Posted 18 August 2013 - 02:23 PM

View Postrandy r, on 15 August 2013 - 08:11 AM, said:

I have never had ANY problems with the Embassy staff. As long as you don't act like a total a-hole, they are great.

i can totally agree with that...its just like any other job, if people are screaming at you and acting like a-holes all the time yeah you might get a bit edgy with others that associate with them...kindness begets kindness :highfive:
ACen 2015

Female Otoya Ittoki- 100% done
Leafeon ginjinka- 100% done
Kaoru Hitachin - 50% done (need jacket and tie yet...)

#57 User is offline   Gherkin 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 60961

Posted 25 August 2013 - 02:12 PM

Looks like I can't book Saturday night at the Hyatt. So if this is full, and I need a Thursday - Monday reservation, are the other hotel blocks going to open soon?

#58 User is offline   Bloo09 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 17891

Posted 26 August 2013 - 08:53 PM

It could just be one room type is full like double with balcony. You can try a different room type for the nights you want. We will announce when hotels are full :) More room blocks will be coming and will be announced when they open.
ACen 14 - Panel Programming Department Head and Crystal Ball Manager
ACen 12 - 14 - ACen & Anime Central Facebook Group(s) Administrator
ACen 13 - Panel Programming Department Head and Crystal Ball Manager, ACen 12 - Panel Programming Dept. Head and Crystal Ball Manager,
ACen 11 - Reg Dept. Head, ACen 10 - Reg Dept. Head, ACen 09 - Reg Asst. Dept. Head, ACen 08 - Guest Relations staff, ACen 07 - IRT Guest Escort

Please contact me if you have any questions, comments or concerns regarding Panel Programming for Anime Central. PanelProgramming@ACen.org.
If you have any questions about the Crystal Ball please email CrystalBall@ACen.org

My private messages are now disabled. Between friend invite spam, and forum notices as a moderator I was missing panel related private messages. Please email us to contact panels, thank you!

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users