Anime Central Forums: Hyatt room blocks for 2014 already open? - Anime Central Forums

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Hyatt room blocks for 2014 already open?

#1 User is offline   JujuFox 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 45794

Posted 23 June 2013 - 06:47 PM

Someone said on the FB page that 2014's room blocks were already open as of May 19th. True or false? Is $178/night the ACen rate?
Attending since 2005 ~ Artist Alley '06, '11, '12, '13, & '14

Cosplays 2014: Friday: Ness(female version) Saturday: Chell Sunday: Myself
Cosplays 2013: Friday: Major Motoko Kusanagi(picture) Saturday: Chell(picture) Sunday: Ness(picture)

Check out my shop Geeky Cute Crochet on Etsy!

#2 User is offline   Xundori 

• Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 63194

Posted 23 June 2013 - 08:02 PM

I would like some clarification on this as well. I saw the post on Facebook and to my knowledge the room block doesn't usually open until the months of September/October. It would be sad to know the blocks were open but I was unable to register my room at the ACen rate. I ended up booking outside the room block last year and paid like 250 a night. The ACen rate is $178/Night if I remember correctly I got one night at that rate.

#3 User is offline   KungPowKirby 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Addict
  • Member No.: 53583

Posted 23 June 2013 - 08:10 PM

Yes they are open. I just made my reservation. Apparently they have been open since the last day of ACen according to Hyatt themselves. Apparently there was some miscommunication and that's why the reservations haven't been announced.
I love my ACen family! Whether or not I return next year- please know I love you all! Until we meet again!

"If this body is not capable of action, I suggest new leadership is needed. I move for a vote of no confidence in Chancellor Valorum's leadership."- Queen Amidala; Star Wars: Phantom Menace

#4 User is offline   PootKi 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 96

Posted 23 June 2013 - 08:11 PM

FB is correct. The blocks are open.

You can check out this post here for the crazy details https://www.facebook...51727517515185/

I was able to call they Hyatt just now and reserve a room for next year. (Note: double rooms with a balcony cost 188, compared the rest of the rooms that cost 178.)
~Acen Attendee since 2003~
~Cosplayer since 2002~

#5 User is offline   JujuFox 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip

Posted 23 June 2013 - 08:13 PM

I called the front desk and they told me the room block hasn't been opened yet.

I'd still like to get an offical word form ACen though since I know a few people who just booked rooms tonight. When I called the reservation line they said it was showing that it is sold out, but they don't know anything about a room block. They said we'd have to talk to sales to find out about that. So no rooms are available to book anymore when we called.

Cosplays 2013: Friday: Major Motoko Kusanagi(picture) Saturday: Chell(picture) Sunday: Ness(picture)

#6 User is offline   KungPowKirby 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip

Posted 23 June 2013 - 08:16 PM

And it is $178 a night
I love my ACen family! Whether or not I return next year- please know I love you all! Until we meet again!

"If this body is not capable of action, I suggest new leadership is needed. I move for a vote of no confidence in Chancellor Valorum's leadership."- Queen Amidala; Star Wars: Phantom Menace

#7 User is offline   PootKi 

• Pip

Posted 23 June 2013 - 08:18 PM

View PostJujuFox, on 23 June 2013 - 08:13 PM, said:

I'd still like to get an offical word form ACen though since I know a few people who just booked rooms tonight. When I called the reservation line they said it was showing that it is sold out, but they don't know anything about a room block. They said we'd have to talk to sales to find out about that. So no rooms are available to book anymore when we called.

I would call back right away and when reserving say you are reserving under MAPS, Midwest Animation Promotion Society.

Good Luck.
~Cosplayer since 2002~

#8 User is offline   GITS SAC Motoko 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 19048

Posted 23 June 2013 - 08:19 PM

View PostJujuFox, on 23 June 2013 - 08:13 PM, said:

So would I, because if The room block opens usually ACen does a huge announcement not Only on the forums but also The website, and Niether has any information. This is so weird o_O.
Motoko Kusanagi is mah womanz. ;3 HEEEEYYYY SEXY MOTOKO OP OP OP OPPAN MOTOKO STYLE
Cosplay for ACen 2013: Major Motoko Kusanagi--Ghost in the Shell S.A.C. 2nd GIG, Lucy--Elfen Lied, episode 1 "outfit' ;3 and perhaps an additional. Maaaaaybe :3
Cosplay for ACen 2010, 2011, 2012: Major Motoko Kusanagi--Ghost in the Shell: S.A.C. 2nd GIG

#9 User is offline   KungPowKirby 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip

Posted 23 June 2013 - 08:19 PM

View PostPootKi, on 23 June 2013 - 08:11 PM, said:

FB is correct. The blocks are open.

You can check out this post here for the crazy details https://www.facebook...51727517515185/

I was able to call they Hyatt just now and reserve a room for next year. (Note: double rooms with a balcony cost 188, compared the rest of the rooms that cost 178.)

Considering 95% of the rooms have balconies I'm not concerned about getting one.

#10 User is offline   PootKi 

• Pip

Posted 23 June 2013 - 08:23 PM

View PostKungPowKirby, on 23 June 2013 - 08:19 PM, said:

Considering 95% of the rooms have balconies I'm not concerned about getting one.

Incorrect, only the rooms in the inner square have balconies. The rooms in the cylinders and the rooms in the executive wing do NOT have balconies. But if you are not concerned that is fine, just stating the facts for others.
~Cosplayer since 2002~

#11 User is offline   STVO 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Member No.: 60452

Posted 23 June 2013 - 08:37 PM

I doubted it when I read on the Anime Central FB page but I did in fact order a room at the Hyatt tonight.

I guess it pays to use the FB page too much like me, lol. All seriousness though, a formal announcement would be helpful for next time. But I'm not complaining as I have a room.

FYI to those reading, only Hyatt is open, no other hotels. You could try calling but the official word is only Hyatt's blocks are open. You can try calling to find out though.
STVO: Facebook ACen Regular, 2013 Hellfire Challenge Champ!
Visit my Site STVO Universe
Fan on Facebook, Follow on Twitter, Subscribe on YouTube
Tentative ACen 2014 Cosplays Plans:
1 or 2 New Cosplays Based on Budget! Top Idea: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Theme. Also Want A New WWE Costume, and Returning 1 or 2 Classic Cosplays Based on Budget and What Others Do/Want.*

*CARD SUBJECT TO CHANGE

#12 User is offline   JujuFox 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip

Posted 23 June 2013 - 08:50 PM

Booked my room! It took 3 calls, but I finally got someone who knew what I was talking about.

I'm glad I have some awesome ACen Facebook friends, but pretty miffed that ACen hasn't made any attempt to announce this anywhere yet. Unless it was in the program book? Gonna go check..

#13 User is offline   STVO 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Member No.: 60452

Posted 23 June 2013 - 08:57 PM

The person in charge of hotels said it was supposed to be announced in the newsletter and I guess it was mentioned at the closing ceremonies. I guess that shows to be a benefit, for once, at closing ceremonies. Releasing exclusive info. If that's something that regularly happens at them, I'll start attending those lol.
STVO: Facebook ACen Regular, 2013 Hellfire Challenge Champ!
Visit my Site STVO Universe
Fan on Facebook, Follow on Twitter, Subscribe on YouTube
Tentative ACen 2014 Cosplays Plans:
1 or 2 New Cosplays Based on Budget! Top Idea: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Theme. Also Want A New WWE Costume, and Returning 1 or 2 Classic Cosplays Based on Budget and What Others Do/Want.*

*CARD SUBJECT TO CHANGE

#14 User is offline   MagnusBlue 

• HCSR Officer
  • Pip
  • Group: Officer
  • Member No.: 58758

Posted 23 June 2013 - 09:24 PM

Hello everyone. The Hyatt room block is open, and I have updated the hotel information section at ACen.org.
Michael A Falco
Venue Relations Chair to the Finance Committee 2014-2015
Midwest Animation Promotion Society

Hotel & Convention Site Relations Officer (HCSR) 2011-2014
Convention Operations Department Head 2010-2011
Anime Central (ACen) 2009-2014

#15 User is offline   CrimsonAnime 

• Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Obsessed
  • Member No.: 18090

Posted 23 June 2013 - 09:42 PM

Wow...this seems....REALLY early.....Not sure how I feel about this change. On one hand, I'm glad all the information has been announced in good time. But on the other, this is way earlier than I am used to and I feel almost unprepared since I don't even have my hands on a badge reservation yet.
A-Cen 2014 Cosplay (links are of me): Angewomon (Digimon) / Sailor Luna (Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon) / Hikaru (Angelic Layer) /
CURRENTLY SELLING ANIME/MANGA/WALLSCROLLS! PM FOR MORE INFORMATION!
(PHOTOS)A-cen 2013: Pocahontas //// Raven (Teen Titans TV Series)
(PHOTOS)A-cen 2011:Edward Elric //// Anthy (Rose Bride) //// Yoruichi(Shinigami Form) //// Diva(Final Battle)
(PHOTOS)A-cen 2010:Yoruichi(Shinigami Form) //// Saya (Vietnam/Crazy Form) //// Sailor Pluto //// Anthy (Rose Bride)
(PHOTOS)A-cen 2009:Diva(Final Battle) //// Sailor Pluto //// Edward Elric
The Official "Forum Kitten", A Rini Fangirl, TekoMuto fan

#16 User is offline   MsLovelyCookie 

• Registration Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: ACen Staff
  • Member No.: 57517

Posted 23 June 2013 - 11:20 PM

WHAT! I just noticed this. I must tell my friends to see if they want to room. Since they only got to go to ACen after work.
I'm Just A Girl In The World
Take A Good Look At Me
Just Your Typical Prototype...

Registration Staff: 2012-2014

#17 User is offline   Xundori 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 63194

Posted 24 June 2013 - 12:05 AM

Wow I'm glad I read up on this tonight. Just got my room as well the lady on the phone said they've booked quite a few rooms tonight alone. Glad to see i'm not the only person who stalks FB looking for news like this ^_^

#18 User is offline   GITS SAC Motoko 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 24 June 2013 - 06:41 AM

It sure works, just did it this morning! I wonder if the other hotels will follow suit and be sooner than usual (embassy, double tree etc).

This post has been edited by GITS SAC Motoko: 24 June 2013 - 08:31 AM

Motoko Kusanagi is mah womanz. ;3 HEEEEYYYY SEXY MOTOKO OP OP OP OPPAN MOTOKO STYLE
Cosplay for ACen 2013: Major Motoko Kusanagi--Ghost in the Shell S.A.C. 2nd GIG, Lucy--Elfen Lied, episode 1 "outfit' ;3 and perhaps an additional. Maaaaaybe :3
Cosplay for ACen 2010, 2011, 2012: Major Motoko Kusanagi--Ghost in the Shell: S.A.C. 2nd GIG

#19 User is offline   Genichiro 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 61483

Posted 24 June 2013 - 05:04 PM

Sure caught me by surprise; made sure to get my room as soon as I saw it this morning. :3

#20 User is offline   z-space 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 62794

Posted 25 June 2013 - 10:37 AM

Thanks for posting this. Last year I waited too long for a room for FR/SA and only snagged a SA room at the last minute. Got mine now!
Con pix and more at..
flicker.com/photos/z-space

#21 User is offline   Snow_Storm 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 58697

Posted 25 June 2013 - 12:11 PM

Already booked for the Hyatt but I'm gonna wait until the others open up and see what's their prices and perks are. Apparently the people at the Embassy are real douchemonkys and are know to yell and bully the cosplayers and attendants, so screw them.
ACen 2014 Cosplay List (Final)

Goat-Kun (Umineko no Naku Koro Ni) - Friday
Garterbelt (Panty and Stocking) - Saturday
Coach (Left 4 Dead 2) - Thursay (maybe), Saturday

#22 User is offline   Maze 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Bigfoot
  • Member No.: 6570

Posted 25 June 2013 - 01:07 PM

Just booked mine. Pretty painless. Had to find the dates though. They were hidden in the forums! :P

Managed to snag a double with all my usual room preferences. :) Gotta love being a gold passport member. Just had to give them my member # and all my details are ready for the reservation. :)

So now I'm booked for the 15th - 18th. And yes, I do arrive on Thursday. Extra day is definitely worth it.

#23 User is offline   MOMO2 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 49830

Posted 25 June 2013 - 02:03 PM

is this may 15-18?

This post has been edited by MOMO2: 25 June 2013 - 02:04 PM

The only thing to fear is yourself.

#24 User is offline   GITS SAC Motoko 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 25 June 2013 - 02:59 PM

View PostMOMO2, on 25 June 2013 - 02:03 PM, said:

is this may 15-18?

Yup :3

#25 User is offline   Maze 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Bigfoot
  • Member No.: 6570

Posted 25 June 2013 - 08:12 PM

View PostMOMO2, on 25 June 2013 - 02:03 PM, said:

is this may 15-18?

Yes, Thursday May 15th to Sunday May 18th. I always book Thursday. Less stress that way as well as less traffic to deal with.

#26 User is offline   Ashori 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip
  • Member No.: 10991

Posted 25 June 2013 - 10:29 PM

Wow. o.o Really surprised the room blocks are starting to open so early. I mean, that's good for those that are extremely sure they are going to next year's con, but I'm afraid of the whole "putting the cart before the horse" kind of thing and the con not turning out spectacular because everything is starting on a good note. The last couple of years when things started early didn't end up so well in the end.

But maybe it's just me and my slight bit of skepticism from the last couple of years I attended A-Cen.

This post has been edited by Ashori: 25 June 2013 - 10:29 PM

Cosplay Status: Maya Kitajima - Bianca Mask (Pirate Form - 100%; Glass Mask), Lucy Heartfilia (2%; Fairy Tail), Castle of Hearts Alice Liddell (100%; Kuni no Alice series)
My dA | My YouTube Page | My FF.Net Page

#27 User is offline   Genichiro 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 61483

Posted 26 June 2013 - 03:32 AM

If you think you might go, you should still try to get a room now. If you chance you mind, just make sure to cancel before the date they take out the deposit for the first night. I think it was listed as April 22, but double check, don't trust my foggy memory. XD

#28 User is offline   KungPowKirby 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip

Posted 26 June 2013 - 10:57 AM

I thought somebody on Facebook said Friday and Saturday was sold out. Not completely sure about that though.

#29 User is offline   Caffeine 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 62393

Posted 29 June 2013 - 03:51 PM

Its not a problem that its too early, but I did not see an emailer go out at all, some advance warning is always nice.

I was able to get a cabana suite for my large group, but last year we had a presidential.

#30 User is offline   rondo 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 9075

Posted 01 July 2013 - 10:10 AM

So the Hyatt is already booking...will other hotels have similar, earlier-than-usual dates for booking windows?

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users